Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? (13977 Views)

First Ever Convertible Range Rover Velar Spotted (Photos) / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down / Safe Or Not 215/60R16 On The Front And 205/60R16 At The Rear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by femi9naija(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2016
They all look beautiful on coupes, but are they that safe from theft? Especially the soft top ones. A car thief could rip open the soft top convertible to gain access to the car interior. That might be difficult with the hard top convertibles.
Suggestions are welcomed as this is just my own opinion.
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Whizpeter(m): 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
I don reason this matter before.... But what do I know?
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by pendusky(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
femi9naija:
They all look beautiful on coupes, but are they that safe from theft? Especially the soft top ones. A car thief could rip open the soft top convertible to gain access to the car interior. That might be difficult with the hard top convertibles.

Ask me that again next year cheesy grin grin grin

BTW Breaking News cheesy

Price of Petrol returns to normal in Akwa Ibom State! Click www.wetinhappen.com.ng/ to buy online at N87 per liter!

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Harmored(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by kekakuz(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
really this is what bothers you?
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by soloxxng: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thinking
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by wayodude(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Una dey crase to ask this question

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by macaranta(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
Do you own one? If yes..you should have a secured compound to be using one.

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by kennysteve77: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
I get a perfect answer to op's question but the poster above me don take waste the space wey I for like use and he no get anything to say. Next time sha...

4 Likes

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by maduxs: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
Even our president pmb is dictator convertible so convertible cars is safe but you have to always have extra cash to board a taxi encase rubbers ripped you apart in the middle of nowhere from the rooftop just like buhari has ripped Nigerians apart and dump them in the wilderness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by ijaw1stson: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
ask

goggle grin
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by dreh17(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
.tinkin bout how to make moni ia......shud ai start stealing,yahoo-in?,..oh,fraud will be good.buh den,ritual looks easy.buh den,duping aint bad oo.just dah ai wud prefer scamming.......
Make ai face mai book jawe...watever will be will be

pls,wahz op sayin up dia?
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by mgbedianya(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
safest, as they are very few!

3 Likes

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by timilehin007(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by davido101(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
How will this solve this hardship we are experiencing now...
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by babino22: 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
With how many comments now.
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by mrkels(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
Not safe. Not in this regard, and not in an accident scene rio. There's this video of a convertible accident I watched, the car somersaulted and the niggi fell off on his neck smashing his neck on the hard ground.

Crazy sight.

3 Likes

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by yemajiteru(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
I know
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by captainflash(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
Chai cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by jamex93(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by kellsblingsz(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Maybe this comment wont be important for the majority of people here. Some of you will ignore it, most of yall wont bother to read and it'll go unnoticed along with other comments maybe I'll be criticized for this but i just want to let yall know I'm selling potatoes.. tongue tongue
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by oluwafemi113(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
I have one... and I use it once in a week
Mostly Sundays... is not an everyday ride..

Not that safe in this part of the world...

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by DonMaxxy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Their safety depens on where you take them to. Drive a convertble down a ghetto and area boys will deal with you and ur ride.

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by yemitexcel(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
it depends

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Xblink(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
If it uses only batteries, SAFE
If it uses petrol ⛽ fuel, NOT SAFE

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Darkchocolate(f): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
So all these comments and not one answer. Smh

Driving a convertible with the roof down is equal to driving around with your windows wound down. Very much discouraged whilst in Lagos traffic.

Theft-wise, newer car models are very difficult to 'hotwire' soft top or not (not entirely impossible though). You more or less have to have keys to be able to steal most vehicles nowadays. That is why most car jackers wait for the owners and steal vehicles directly from them because they steal the keys too!!! So even if your roof is down, is would be very difficult to steal unless they have the actual keys. They could ransack it though grin so it is always advisable to put your valuables in the boot of your car (convertible or not).

In a roll-over accident, the impact is usually on the tallest structures in the car and in convertibles, this is usually the people's head so very likely to cause serious or life threatening injuries.

Why would anyone own a convertible in Nigeria anyways...you'll be baked under the sun in the name of showing off. Your girlfriend (if you are a man) won't even want to sit in the veh with you with the roof down because all her bleaching will be ruined and there won't be any A/C for her. grin

But softtops make correct sense this scarcity period sha...can you imagine the kind of fuel you'll save from not having to switch on AC. Just be getting natural breeze! smiley cry

The best time to drive a soft top in Nigeria would be in the evening/night when weather don cooool but OYO is your case if you are driving around in dodgy and questionable neighbourhoods like Mushin or Oshodi or those bridges (3rd mainland's sister).

Come to think of it...anybody who owns a softtop should be able to afford to live in a nice secure estate eg: Northern Foreshore, VGC, that one in Maryland, etc etc ...so you can show off inside there. If you can't afford to live in such an estate then you have no business buying a soft top cheesy. Better go and manage one Toyota Corolla and enjoy your small A/C.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by timilehing(m): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ordinary man do not drive convertible
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by BizBloke(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
femi9naija:

No car is safe in this country, even humans. That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Remmy2011(m): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
You get poverty mentality ooo,
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Emu4life(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
k
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Remmy2011(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
You get Nigerian mentality
Re: Convertible Cars, Safe Or Not? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
How are cars stolen?
Entry is mostly through the door.
Even though the outer hood is soft, the roof is reinforced by bars

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tesla Will Reveal Its Electric Container Truck In September (teaser Photo) / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.