Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,162 members, 7,845,823 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke (55547 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke's Lagos Properties In Pictures - EFCC / Deziani Alison-madueke Allegedly Breaks Efcc's Lies Concerning Her / Kachikwu, Emefiele Fly Private Jet Used By Deziani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by otemanuduno: 12:52am On Apr 10, 2016
davo3286:

Lagosians are wise my arse. They came to you and chanted "Change", and you didn't even bother to ask the type of change. What can be more foolish than this? Is that your own definition of being 'wise'?

Trying something new is what we define as risk. I love Lagosians for not being scared of trying 'Change'. In the next three years if nothing comes out of it, we try something else. Do you expect us to give continuity to '16 YEARS OF BONDAGE?!" Abeg be wise for one second joor.

Let's keep on trying new things until one pays off eventually. I won't mind voting for KOWA if nothing comes out of APC. PDP is a no-go area for the next 50years becos they are the TRIED & TESTED failure. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Ratello: 1:03am On Apr 10, 2016
SegunAdewole:
I am Taju an APCzombie from Osun. The woman thief our money wey Aregbe is supposed to pay us our salary. If not for that woman our state e for be N100 billion instead of N6 million today. No fuel, No food, No money. Make I shout sai baba?
I swear you don craze finish cheesy grin
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Soso990240(m): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

You know something....why apologize to a woman who did nothing about the mess in NNPC....especially the fact that because we did not properly fix the refineries and add new ones under her rule.....we are in this mess.

1.You are paying N180 for fuel(it is still N86.50 in major marketers and NNPC fuel stations....higher in some independent marketers)....because the fuel subsidy.....WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT REMOVED....and which your new hero supported its removal....is preventing marketers from making profits....so as a result....they have to sell much higher than official price....or else they won't have the dollars needed to import.

2.Have you ever thought why we do not have the dollars for imports? It is because oil prices have fallen....so we can no longer waste dollars on everything.....we need it to keep up the naira....so that you sports fans wont be paying N100000 for a loaf of bread.

And if the subsidy goes.....you would be paying far higher for fuel. So...why are you complaining. Do you expect APC to diversify the economy in 10 months....when PDP and your new heroes did not do it in 16 years?

3.Ask your new hero why no new refineries were built? Even if the ones we have are working at full capacity....we would still need to import 23 million liters of fuel every day. And the reason prices stayed at N97-N87 per liter during her time was because...we had the dolalrs to import and subsidze the fuel at the same time. Now we do not...and now the decisions we made not to build new refineries has come back to haunt us.

4.Ask your heroes why at the end of their rule...they were still owing money to the marketers? That is why they refused to import...they were owing so much that they were in debt...and they still owe. Because....we no longer have the dollars to import since oil prices fell.

5.And is it now you are noticing we bought fuel at higher prices. I bought fuel at N102-110 during GEJ's time. I even know of people who bought fuel at N170 in Minna during GEJ time. And fuel in SE and SS was above N150 during GEJ's time. Indeed...it was only Lagos and Abuja that sold fuel at N97 during GEJ's time....in the very outskirts of ABuja.....fuel was sold as high as N140. during gej'S TIME.

6.What would solve this problem is ......removal of subsidy. But that would put prices of fuel above N150....the same price you are complaining about....but fuel would flow. You are complaining about high prices....and yet...you paradoxically do not want the actual solution to your problem....apart from five new refineries?

Nigeria needs at least 23 million extra liters per day...in addition to the new 17 million liters of fuel per day.Some even put it at 53 million extra liters per day!

Abeg...why apologize to someone who spent all the time in office doing nothing to solve the problem....and hiding the problem via massive dollar influx to import fuel to paper the cracks. Nigeria needs new refineries and removal of subsidy. Things that your new heroine did not do ...and before anyone calls me zombie....things that the new APC govt must do if they want to sort this issue out once and for all.

Nigerians....
i love argument alot.. Bt i argue wit facts..infact,i always present d truth while arguing. Bt i cant argue wit u or try to correct u,becaus ur analysis is full of lies. U dont fabricate something just to suit ur own side of d story.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:53am On Apr 10, 2016
diegwu01:
grin grin grin Dont take Nairaland serious o, the forum is filled with dunces and olodos. the serious minded ones are leaving in droves

Leaving isn't the wisest way forward, u we all leave and they stay, they would feel they won and we were chickens and left for them, u don't play that way, thanks anyways for the mention.

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by amaechi1: 1:54am On Apr 10, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Diezani was actually one of the best petroleum ministers this country ever had.Get well soon ma

The best minister indeed!
1. Please, show me the refineries she started (not finish) before leaving office;

2. Please, show me the pipeline she repaired for the transportation of products from the jetty to the depots;

3. How much was missing under her care, which the audit instituted by FG pointed at her and NNPC;

4. Did she finally honor the call from NASS to clear her name on the €620000 charted flight to london;

5. Please why was kept back in london since June last year?

Others may have shallow mind and forget easily, but I refuse to be decided. One corrupt act by this criminal elements in society, is worse than what we a passing through now.

Put your fact right before coming to deceive the public.

3 Likes

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:07am On Apr 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

You know something....why apologize to a woman who did nothing about the mess in NNPC....especially the fact that because we did not properly fix the refineries and add new ones under her rule.....we are in this mess.

1.You are paying N180 for fuel(it is still N86.50 in major marketers and NNPC fuel stations....higher in some independent marketers)....because the fuel subsidy.....WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT REMOVED....and which your new hero supported its removal....is preventing marketers from making profits....so as a result....they have to sell much higher than official price....or else they won't have the dollars needed to import.

2.Have you ever thought why we do not have the dollars for imports? It is because oil prices have fallen....so we can no longer waste dollars on everything.....we need it to keep up the naira....so that you sports fans wont be paying N100000 for a loaf of bread.

And if the subsidy goes.....you would be paying far higher for fuel. So...why are you complaining. Do you expect APC to diversify the economy in 10 months....when PDP and your new heroes did not do it in 16 years?

3.Ask your new hero why no new refineries were built? Even if the ones we have are working at full capacity....we would still need to import 23 million liters of fuel every day. And the reason prices stayed at N97-N87 per liter during her time was because...we had the dolalrs to import and subsidze the fuel at the same time. Now we do not...and now the decisions we made not to build new refineries has come back to haunt us.

4.Ask your heroes why at the end of their rule...they were still owing money to the marketers? That is why they refused to import...they were owing so much that they were in debt...and they still owe. Because....we no longer have the dollars to import since oil prices fell.

5.And is it now you are noticing we bought fuel at higher prices. I bought fuel at N102-110 during GEJ's time. I even know of people who bought fuel at N170 in Minna during GEJ time. And fuel in SE and SS was above N150 during GEJ's time. Indeed...it was only Lagos and Abuja that sold fuel at N97 during GEJ's time....in the very outskirts of ABuja.....fuel was sold as high as N140. during gej'S TIME.

6.What would solve this problem is ......removal of subsidy. But that would put prices of fuel above N150....the same price you are complaining about....but fuel would flow. You are complaining about high prices....and yet...you paradoxically do not want the actual solution to your problem....apart from five new refineries?

Nigeria needs at least 23 million extra liters per day...in addition to the new 17 million liters of fuel per day.Some even put it at 53 million extra liters per day!

Abeg...why apologize to someone who spent all the time in office doing nothing to solve the problem....and hiding the problem via massive dollar influx to import fuel to paper the cracks. Nigeria needs new refineries and removal of subsidy. Things that your new heroine did not do ...and before anyone calls me zombie....things that the new APC govt must do if they want to sort this issue out once and for all.

Nigerians....
you're trying to reason with ignorant ppl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by akajos4real: 2:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Until Nigerians understand that FUEL is not government business we would just be moving in circles. The countries we all cite as having regular supply of the product do not sell it at the price we want to buy including those that produce more than us (crude).
People even cite countries having so many refineries but fail to tell people that they are privately owned and run.
Subsidy for fuel at 87naira is for the rich and does not favour the poor if you understand the economics.
The product can only be available at the right price by total deregulation of the downstream sector of the oil industry and let market forces determine prices.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by alexlee50: 2:35am On Apr 10, 2016
pbethel:
pipl shud learn to watch DER words
what do you mean? Is he not entitled to his opinion or has hate blinded you and also blocked your sense of reasoning?
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by AreaFada2: 3:27am On Apr 10, 2016
akajos4real:
Until Nigerians understand that FUEL is not government business we would just be moving in circles. The countries we all cite as having regular supply of the product do not sell it at the price we want to buy including those that produce more than us (crude).
People even cite countries having so many refineries but fail to tell people that they are privately owned and run.
Subsidy for fuel at 87naira is for the rich and does not favour the poor if you understand the economics.
The product can only be available at the right price by total deregulation of the downstream sector of the oil industry and let market forces determine prices.

OK. Did you support GEJ's removal of oil subsidy?

When were arguing here that subsidy removal was painful short term BUT necessary long term, we were called Tanoids.

GEJ saw that running after prosecuting & subsidy scammers would be seen as Ijaw militant president punishing SW & the North (most subsidy scammers come from these zones), he decided to just end it. Because it's unsustainable.

Then people went into the streets, supported by APC.

Now eyes don clear. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by amtaken(f): 4:54am On Apr 10, 2016
This one deliverance go require plenty fasting and prayer sha ooooo.

Quakertellicus1:

Nigerians....
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by amtaken(f): 4:56am On Apr 10, 2016
APC just apologise to Nigerians and dissolve your satanic party.

Your badluck has no part 2.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 10, 2016
amtaken:
This one deliverance go require plenty fasting and prayer sha ooooo.

1.Thanks for implying that i am possessed. You don't know me,yet because I post a different opinion from you, you call me possessed.

2.My solution to the impasse.....remove subsidies in full, and use savings to build five new refineries.....so that we stop importing fuel. We need at most 70million barrels of PMS daily.....while our refineries at full capacity can give us 17 million. Removal of subsidy would raise prices,but would give marketers enough cash to buy the dollars needed to import. (That fuel is selling at N180 and at black marketers tells me some of them have already forgotten about subsidy).

3.You that knows who is possessed .....what is your solution? What do you think the government should do.

4.By the way, you are not a god.

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 10, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
you're trying to reason with ignorant ppl

Some are ignorant...but many are genuinely angry.

The problem is solving the fuel scarcity problem is not going to be easy. We need to stop importation eventually.....and that means we need to build more refineries....and improve electricity.

And sadly....it is going to take time.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Soso990240:
i love argument alot.. Bt i argue wit facts..infact,i always present d truth while arguing. Bt i cant argue wit u or try to correct u,becaus ur analysis is full of lies. U dont fabricate something just to suit ur own side of d story.

So i am lying when I say Diezani did not build refineries? And I am lying when I say that most Nigerians bought fuel at higher than the offical price too during GEJ's regime....or that removing subsidy would solve the problem.

My proofs....

1.Most Nigerians bought fuel above the official price during GEJ time.

2.Diezani promised 3 new refineries.in 2010......a promise that was not kept....see also this editorial here

From the second source...

The NNPC and its principal FG were aware that continued government control of pricing of petroleum products, the refusal of the National Assembly to sign the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) in eight years would frustrate private refiners to promote deregulation when they signed another bogus MoU in June 2012 with some private investors from the U.S. The FG joint venture MoU was with Vulcan Energy Corporation for a deal worth $4.5 billion (N698 billion) to build six modular refineries in collaboration with NNPC.

Where are the six new refineries that were promised.? Where did the money go?

Don't call me a liar.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 10, 2016
YelloweWest:

Zombie.

Too much horror movies , son?

And since you can use a computer....what are your alternative solutions?

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 10, 2016
AreaFada2:

OK. Did you support GEJ's removal of oil subsidy?

When were arguing here that subsidy removal was painful short term BUT necessary long term, we were called Tanoids.

GEJ saw that running after prosecuting & subsidy scammers would be seen as Ijaw militant president punishing SW & the North (most subsidy scammers come from these zones), he decided to just end it. Because it's unsustainable.

Then people went into the streets, supported by APC.

Now eyes don clear. grin cheesy

If GEJ had removed the subsidy....the subsidy scammers would have benefited wildly from the removal...because they would have been free to fix prices the way they want.

The reason why they scam back then, and now was because under subsidy, they were not making enough profits to import enough fuel.Subsidy just paid them a mere N2 per liter imported. Not enough.

Ultimately.....we need more refineries....which GEJ promised....but which were not built at all.

And Nigerians protested....which was wrong....because most Nigerians did not see the benefits of subsidy removal....they protested because fuel was N65....now it was N140.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Mbediogu(m): 5:47am On Apr 10, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Diezani was actually one of the best petroleum ministers this country ever had.Get well soon ma

Correct, but second only to the military era Buhari. There is a world of difference between a military leader acting under command of his C in C, and an inexperienced post military political leader uncensored.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by deebrain(m): 5:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Deziani really tried, since February this fuel crisis started yet no solution SMH

Aunti Deziani abeg com hep us

Which February?

I hope you remember we had 4/5 months of fuel scarcity from August till December last year.

I want to personally apologize and pray for the healing of the former minister.

Madam, receive your healing IJN.

angry

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by persius555(m): 5:53am On Apr 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The one that is paining me wella is this Obama I danced for when he won election.

I did not know that man was a nemesis to us. Even as we are complaining of low sales, he is signing deals with Iran that would eventually lead to drop in Crude Oil Prices.

I suggest we do what we can to get refineries in this country. It is time we move from selling Crude to Petroleum Products.

If we sell to our African Countries, we can generate Forex again. It will take time but in the long run, we will benefit.

We already have a huge market for Petrol in Nigeria.
Bros, you just hit the nail on the head. "Let's start refining and sell to our neighbors". The americans are bent on dragging the global crude oil market to the grave just to cripple the saudi and russian economy. The earlier we realise this the better. The saudis have eleven refineries that refine the crude locally so all this while they were not spending the forex to import fuel. Unlike nigeria, we had a govt for 16 years that had a import mentality. They refused to build refineries, promised to build a few if subsidy was removed.
Under the last regime, we had a petroleum minister and a finacial minister who were mere poster girls for foreign institutions. Their economic policies were formulated to keep us perpetually dependent on foreign aid. The PDP govt, i still insist is the biggest economic scam on the african continent.

2 Likes

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Odogwucharles: 6:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Lol... Wrong, the fuel crisis started since November . .
Pidggin:
Deziani really tried, since February this fuel crisis started yet no solution SMH

Aunti Deziani abeg com hep us
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by onetouch04: 6:06am On Apr 10, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Until she comes back to give account of her stewardship.
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by akudinaobi(m): 6:10am On Apr 10, 2016
ourkobo:
FTC
second since I joined nairaland
and second in a week ...
Caveat emptor
Space booked
I dedicate it to my one and only Mum...

happy mother's day.....

warning: this land is not for sale
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by onetouch04: 6:31am On Apr 10, 2016
persius555:
Bros, you just hit the nail on the head. "Let's start refining and sell to our neighbors". The americans are bent on dragging the global crude oil market to the grave just to cripple the saudi and russian economy. The earlier we realise this the better. The saudis have eleven refineries that refine the crude locally so all this while they were not spending the forex to import fuel. Unlike nigeria, we had a govt for 16 years that had a import mentality. They refused to build refineries, promised to build a few if subsidy was removed.
Under the last regime, we had a petroleum minister and a finacial minister who were mere poster girls for foreign institutions. Their economic policies were formulated to keep us perpetually dependent on foreign aid. The PDP govt, i still insist is the biggest economic scam on the african continent.
The same Decietzani they a eulogising, in one of her TV presentation around October 2014 , told nigerians that it will take our refineries close to 20 years to start production. A feat APC has achieved in less than 3 months though not at full capacity production. PDP is a cankerworm that has eaten deep into d fabrics of our polity and economy.
When Decietzani will start confessing, d @wailers will term it witch hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Abuiman2013: 6:40am On Apr 10, 2016
I honestly don't understands how people thinks, we have been in serious mess for the past 16 years, we are all yearning for change, and we expect the change to come within a year? This people milk this country dry, we didn't complain because they know our weak point, and try to provide for us so they can milk us well. We need to be very patient and continue to pray for this government. Why has the formal minister of petroleum not in the country for the past eight month, where is Namadi Sabo? We need to rethink and thank God for this change and to pray to God to destroye all the saboutour in this country.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:53am On Apr 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Some are ignorant...but many are genuinely angry.

The problem is solving the fuel scarcity problem is not going to be easy. We need to stop importation eventually.....and that means we need to build more refineries....and improve electricity.

And sadly....it is going to take time.
you are also probably angry but your knowledge allows you to be patient. these ones don't know jack and will sing for anyone who brings them food. not caring that for each litre of fuel the cabal got 87 naira. baba is trying to stop this and all they want is fuel not worried about the implication. like subsidising 300 trucks of fuel daily for west African sub region.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by scolex95(m): 7:14am On Apr 10, 2016
Leboska:

Jesus! she also stole your brain.
hahahhaha guy u are really mean
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by davo3286: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2016
otemanuduno:

Trying something new is what we define as risk. I love Lagosians for not being scared of trying 'Change'. In the next three years if nothing comes out of it, we try something else. Do you expect us to give continuity to '16 YEARS OF BONDAGE?!" Abeg be wise for one second joor.

Let's keep on trying new things until one pays off eventually. I won't mind voting for KOWA if nothing comes out of APC. PDP is a no-go area for the next 50years becos they are the TRIED & TESTED failure. grin

Trying something new and taking risks without proper analysis and due diligence is FOOOLISHNESS...you heard of something and you jumped into it without giving proper thoughts is "MUGUISM". It is even more foolish that you tried the same members of "16 YEARS OF BONDAGE" who only changed their "POLITICAL BOXERS". Abeg take wisdom for one second joor!
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by ba7man(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Nigerians....
I swear Nigerians can be daft. Only a few people understand the reason for the current Nigerian situation.

Ask them for the reason and they'll start giving vague reasons.

I was initially pissed to be surrounded by such ignorance but I've decided to exploit it and they'll praise me for it.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by loomer: 8:08am On Apr 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What are you talking about?

We are in an economic problem and the best bet to tackle it is with professionals in the field.

I will not read a doctor's report to find solutions for economic matters. That is why I mentioned I read articles from Pat Utomi, Oby Ezekwesili and Professor Soludo.

These guys are professionals.

So, this problem is economical. It needs economist on working but we do not see a lot of actions from them.
I rest me case
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Goddex: 8:13am On Apr 10, 2016
amunkita:
O boy!!! people re now realizing how they got scammed by the Chanji slogan..
Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2016
Am not an APC party supporter, in fact am not a fan at all; But I think Nigerians should give them a bit more time.

1 Like

Re: Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2016
akajos4real:

Aramco, Saudi Arabia's state-owned oil major, has announced its plans to takeover Texas refinery. By taking control over Port Arthur Texas refinery, Saudi Arabia will not only refine its oil in the US, but also sell in the huge North American market.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/118443/20160322/saudi-arabia-takeover-largest-refinery.htm

Saudi Arabia owns Aramco. They have partnership deals but the government owns majority.

They have gone beyond owning refineries in Saudi Arabia to owning in America and selling refined Petroleum Products there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido: Quotable Quotes Of Dethroned Emir Of Kano / COVID-19: Kano In Trouble - Governor Ganduje Says / Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.