Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 (34027 Views)

What Buhari Discussed With Adeosun, Udo Udoma And Emefiele / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma" / Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Jidefido(m): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Don't be tired bro!
That's what brought us to were we are now as a nation. Past administrations hurriedly signed documents like this without going through it.

Its better we take our time, suffer once and for all and wait for a brighter tomorrow

Well said bruv! Buhari is unfazed by cries , sign the budget now cos he knows if the budget fails, he will be insulted. To respect hi old age, he will ensure the budget is up to what he wants. He should take his time oooo and scrutinise well

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by onatisi(m): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
genxris:
Two lawyers and a Fulani patron scrutinizing the budget... No accountant, no economist, no financial expert to analyze the figures.
Is that not crazy?
The ministers that prepared the budget are not even there. This picture would have made more sense if all the ministers were there seated around a table and going through documents ,then we can say buhari and his team are scrutinizing the budget. But showing us osinbajo ,buhari and one other man then telling us that the 3 of them are scrutinizing our national budget only tells us that there is fire on the mountain ,run run run

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by gidjah(m): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
kITATITA:

The issue in the past had been that the government never implemented what was passed. The next big battle is to make sure that after all the efforts, the budgket is implemented as passed.
thank U sir, the main matter is in implementation and not in verification!!, if 50%. Of the passed budget can be implemented, we won't be here chanting changy!!!!changing!!! Changes!!!!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by stexsy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
I can see two lawyers and an illiterate, no banker, no economist, no mathematician. One blind man leading two others that r blind too.....

Buhari is a joke

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by stexsy(m): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
efilefun:
Some e-goats who were given birth to just yesterday would also come on here to spew dust, Those with good memory would surely remember this!!!

*How PDP ruined Nigeria.
1. PDP met a bag of rice at less than N2500 in 1999 but left it at N11,000 in 2015 when they left power.
2. PDP met the Dollar at N60 when they came in 1999 but left it at N220 in 2015 when they were leaving.
3. PDP met petrol pump price at N11 when they came in 1999 but left it at N87 when they were leaving in 2015.
4. PDP met a bag of cement at less than N400 but left it at N2000 while they were leaving in 2015.
5. PDP met a tin of milk at N15 in 1999 but left it at N130 when they left in 2015.
6. PDP met only OPC in 1999 but left us with Niger Delta militancy, MASSOB, IPOB, BAKASSI, and Boko Haram as at when they left in 2015.
7. PDP was ushered in with a free and fair election in 1999 by the military but dey left us with b-box snatching, rice sharing for campaigns, & political killing.
8. Life expectancy for Nigeria was 65 years when PDP came in 1999 but PDP left it at 42 years in 2015.
Correct Me If I'm Wrong
wat is d diffrence between APC n PDP?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by cutekhalifa(m): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
shamsuRana:

Dude,you are the Dullard here..since you couldn't stop him from ruling you and your entire house hold with all your qualifications,if any grin grin

I laugh at you...
maybe u are one of those zombies he brainwash cheesy
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Chrishandsome(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
This is what they have decided to do finally..

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by happney65: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
omolola15 come and see again..Awon Oloshi

Two lawyers and one patron of Fulani herdsmen scrutinizing 2016 budget.
No statistician, no economist, no accountant, no single financial expert.

Lere Olayinka

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by shamsuRana(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
cutekhalifa:
maybe u are one of those zombies he brainwash cheesy

Hehehe! Dullard and dunce..he ruled those before u in the 80's when you were not even produced ruling your household again,and young you from 2015/2023 and yet none of you or your type could stop him,with all the pseudo qualifications? One beaten twice,dumb.

You must really be a muntulla grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by dyn1800: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
Anyhow got us to nowhere bro

Ramanto:
Make Them Implement Am Any How. We Are Tired Of The Scrutiny
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by dyn1800: 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
By your name I know whom you're .... I never expect anything reasonable from a Thug

PoliticalThuG:
Once a Dullard!!!!! lipsrsealed

look the way he is looking at the paper as if he knows what is written in it
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Esdb3: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Sunofgod:
.....when 2017 don reach!

Chanji...

Geniusgenes u. Sent me a mail. Sorry I can't find it in my inbox. The NL fore-designed notificator is the only sign you actually sent me a mail. I'm thinking you should resend it if it is important.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by banio: 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Pot calling Kettle black. The worst and most corrupt govt in 9ja history yet. When Aljazeera Journalist was asking Dullari of the illegalities in the padded budget, Dullardino was like " You know my budget more than me "
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Lalashi1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
PoliticalThuG:

Your moniker tells it all.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Looks more like you stand with Islam because you clearly don't stand with Black Africa. Have you heard of coup? As in Coupist, coup plotting, military rule? Have you heard of democracy?

When you have a coupist leading a democracy into oblivion and people like yourself with sentiment and blind support of it there of, then you are nothing but a promoter of terrorism- TERRORISM against Black citizens.

He is there as usual taking pictures that you SAI BUHARI people used to deceive people in 2015, but now it is only yourselves that are being deceived.

Three of them "scrutinizing" the budget without even 1 Byro pen, all for image sake.

Nonsense

You blind no be small....
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by bashydemy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
onatisi:

Simple delegation of duties and responsibilities to competent ppl will solve this problem. Buhari simply want to be all in all,and that is why the nation is in the dire situation she is in now
Hmmm so who are those that padded the budget in the first place? Bro PMB did not really trust people that much anymore so he do it with those he think he can trust and are less busy at that moment.. Remember it took him so long to appoint his ministers why because almost 80% of people he want to appoint have been in politics for so long. Well let's just accept PMB does not want to appoint ministers but he did cos the constitution said so.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by omoakin111: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
scrutinizing 2016 budget just now when we are already entering into the 2nd quarter of the year. maybe the budget is meant for 2017, cos the last time i checked even Gabon has already achieved 40% of its 2016 budget.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by demoBaba: 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thank u BABA.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by demoBaba: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thank u BABA, verifying it very well. grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by auhanson(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
kITATITA:
The bolded portion is absolutely unnecessary. It reduced the value of your post.
I bet you the more he look, the less he see, else the economy wouldn't be helpless the way it goes under his nose. I doubt his brain to comprehend those papers
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Forwetinnah: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hahahaaa!! Dem dey check weda dem egunge still dey the budget...yeye dey smell!! NASS don talk am...if bubu add him own, dem go add their own too. Up APC
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by 1miccza: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
Abeg someone should please educate me can't the president withdraw this budget and prepare a new one which will be monitored till it's'passed?? I still don't understand why we are having all this noise about budget padding when we know we have thieves in our legislature already??

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Forwetinnah: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
happney65:
omolola15 come and see again..Awon Oloshi

Two lawyers and one patron of Fulani herdsmen scrutinizing 2016 budget.
No statistician, no economist, no accountant, no single financial expert.

Lere Olayinka

*falls off a camel*
gringringringringringrin
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by gaffig: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Looks more like you stand with Islam because you clearly don't stand with Black Africa. Have you heard of coup? As in Coupist, coup plotting, military rule? Have you heard of democracy?

When you have a coupist leading a democracy into oblivion and people like yourself with sentiment and blind support of it there of, then you are nothing but a promoter of terrorism- TERRORISM against Black citizens.

He is there as usual taking pictures that you SAI BUHARI people used to deceive people in 2015, but now it is only yourselves that are being deceived.

Three of them "scrutinizing" the budget without even 1 Byro pen, all for image sake.

Nonsense
hmmmm.now I wonder.. SMH ur STUPIDITY is OVERWHELMING
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by truthspeaks: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
U stand wit buhari frm ur petrol queue dat has no fuel, u stand wit buhari inside a blackout /darkness situation, u stand wit buhari wit d bad economy dat has made even d basic needs of like a luxury. Be like say 'suffering' na ur surname. U r experiencing all dis hardship yet ur buhari is heading out to China wit his country on fire. Ur self denial na grade 1
madridguy:
Yaa Robi, thank you for sending us an upright man to lead your people. I submit to the will of God in all things and I declare that no weapon formed against President Mohammed and Aishat’s Buhari’s family shall prosper. Let the evil that rises up against him show the Glory of You by in his actions. Let the steps of our president be ordered by You as he continues to be a president of the people by the people. Give him the strength and wisdom he needs to change the evils of this country. Help him to do and say the right thing as he strive to make Nigeria the country that it should be. Insha Allah I pray, Amin, sumo Amin.

IstandwithBUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Forwetinnah: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
1miccza:
Abeg someone should please educate me can't the president withdraw this budget and prepare a new one which will be monitored till it's'passed?? I still don't understand why we are having all this noise about budget padding when we know we have thieves in our legislature already??

You don't even understand the rofo rofo going on between the Presidency and the NASS. The budget is riddled with fraud meant for bubu and his cronies so even if they rewrite it..they can't help but still leave their stench on it. Now the NASS is asking for their own egunje since the Kunu cabinet has been caught green handed but bubu is saying "NO! I must shoop alone!!"
NASS say " if you shoop. .we go shoop too" . It's the same reason why Saraki's case is still in court, at the end of the day, na me and you go suffer am. Let them keep fighting for spoils

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by ehissi(m): 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
adeyemi2015:
It's not a matter of how far, rather how well?! PMB can't be bullied into signing the Budget without proper vetting unlike what was obtainable in the prior administration!
There is certainly a new Sheriff in town, though we are suffering at the moment, and really think we've entered one chance! Some are already regretting voting for change!
He who laughs last, laughs best..... to every patriotic Nigerian; Acuna Matata!
I believe we shall appreciate the present administration very soon!

A very wonderful comment/observation; I would have called it a valid one but it has one problem................it can only be said by folks like you who are fans of Buhari, Mr President cannot boldly/openly adopt this position, why??

Our fiscal year for the last budget terminates in april. There is pressure to get the budget passed into law before if the last budget expires before the new one is in place, a crisis much bigger than the one we are in will occur.

If President Buhari was a visionary leader and a man with a solid plan, he would have done one of 2 things.

1.) Ensure that the budget is scrutinised by himself and his string of personal assistants/advisers after the budget was compiled by the Budget Office & have it defended before himself before sending it to the National assembly - something that was always done by the previous administration, the track being as follows

Ministers > Budget office > Coordinating Minister of Economy/auditor-general of D Federation/Accountant-General of D Federation >Presidency > National Assembly/Budget Defence > Presidency/Presidency signs budget!!

If this had happened, the budget would have been passed by now. Let us not forget that it was the National assembly - with both PDP, APC, APGA etc - that discovered that the budget was padded, not the Buhari, the Presidency nor any of its agencies.

Nobody is bullying him to sign the budget, if he doesn't get it set before the end of april, come 1st of May he will not be able to spend a kobo of Nigerian cash, grinding the economy to a halt!! The economy is not at a halt, see as things dey hard for country, imagine e dey halt, wetin go come happen!!

2.) Draft copies of the budget should have been sent informally to strategic members of the National assembly in key committees to review the budget on a ministry by ministry basis while the budget creation process is on-going. That way, they would have guided the budget process, budget padding would have been avoided, and time would not have been lost - Obasanjo once used this approach and it worked.

By the time the budget comes in, everybody knows what's in it and the passage would have been smooth.

The budget is late because Mr President left the budget in the hands of Minsters with Zero-Experience at the federal level!! Hence the National assembly was forced to step in and do what Mr President didn't because he was too busy with his Global familiarisation tour Chikena!!

Budget padding was introduced by this administration and isn't part of our National polity at all; to the point that Ministers were denying budget during defence that Mr President signed with his own Signature! Habaaa

If truly a new Sheriff is in town, A right thinking Nigerian would have asked,
"Why will a new Sheriff append his Signature to a Budget that was padded and present it to the National assembly for Review"??

There are only 2 answers

Its either he padded the budget and hoped that a largely APC house would have just passed it as a bill for him to sign.

Or he made an honest mistake by trusting his Ministers and Budget Office by not reviewing the budget before appending his signature. Choose your pick!!

But giving Buhari Credit for a Job done wholly by the National assembly dis-honours our legislature, is darn right un-appreciative and hypocritical!! Only a die hard, brain-washed APC fan will see such a grievous error and hail Mr President for it, especially when such error has never existed in our history since 1999!!

You-tube is awash with videos of Nkonjo Iweala dodging bullets as coordinating minister of the economy for the direction of the budget in senate hearings!! To now turn around and say previous administrations didn't vet the budget is sheer ignorance!!

Make google and you-tube your friend and the truth about how care-free, buhari is handling national issues will shock you!!

God bless Nigeria!!
God bless Nigerians!!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
auhanson:

I bet you the more he look, the less he see, else the economy wouldn't be helpless the way it goes under his nose. I doubt his brain to comprehend those papers
People like you still misunderstand Mr. Buhari. Take time to study him. The man is more intellectually disposed than you can ever give him credit for. Listen to him speak; apart from his accent, I admire the brevity of his words. The only issue is that he's not a politician, so he doesn't know how to coat words in poisoned pills.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by profmallory(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hehe.. Laughing is Russian. Despite all your hate for this man, you know deep in your heart he is a formidable force to reckon with. Just like those that vowed to starve to death if Paul in the bible was not killed, you also pray each day hoping evil would befall baba, but see your desires are yet to happen - and will never happen.You have to stay in your perpetual state of sadness for the next 7 years. I wonder how sad you must be each time you hear anything good about government, it not make you so miserable. Each morning you wake and hear good news about baba, you must feel sad. Whao what a life. if this is how dullards are, Yes I like this kind of dullard and millions of Nigerian still do.

How do feel now?

PoliticalThuG:

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by 1miccza: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Forwetinnah:

You don't even understand the rofo rofo going on between the Presidency and the NASS. The budget is riddled with fraud meant for bubu and his cronies so even if they rewrite it..they can't help but still leave their stench on it. Now the NASS is asking for their own egunje since the Kunu cabinet has been caught green handed but bubu is saying "NO! I must shoop alone!!"
NASS say " if you shoop. .we go shoop too" . It's the same reason why Saraki's case is still in court, at the end of the day, na me and you go suffer am. Let them keep fighting for spoils

Bros the thing just looks funny after looking at the noise and the way people are rejoicing,i ask myself "can't this budget be rewritten"??I know that there has always been a case of "foul leg" in the whole issue...
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
profmallory:
Hehe.. Laughing is Russian. Despite all your hate for this man, you know deep in your heart he is a formidable force to reckon with. Just like those that vowed to starve to death if Paul in the bible was not killed, you also pray each day hoping evil would befall baba, but see your desires are yet to happen - and will never happen.You have to stay in your perpetual state of sadness for the next 7 years. I wonder how sad you must be each time you hear anything good about government, it not make you so miserable. Each morning you wake and hear good news about baba, you must feel sad. Whao what a life. if this is how dullards are, Yes I like this kind of dullard and millions of Nigerian still do.

How do feel now?

good news?

Did u say goodnews?

Like there is any good news that has ever come out from this useless government
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 by profmallory(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Well, what is sad news to someone might just be good piece of news to another.

But seriously, you are a man, you probably might be married with kids. Are you not bothered that if this dullard fails, that 7 wasted years that would never be restored. Would you rather still hope he fail rather than hope he succeeds, after all if he (Dullard) fails he wont suffer, neither would a certain Jona.

But I think a lot of people on Nairaland would. Just a thought into the mind of a black man - and yet we think we are better thinkers than whites.

PoliticalThuG:
good news?

Did u say goodnews?

Like there is any good news that has ever come out from this useless government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Buhari’s Re-launch Of War Against Indiscipline / Dayo Adeyeye Appointed As PDP Spokesman (pictured) / FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.