Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. (29402 Views)

Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) / Pre Degree Entrance Examination Past Questions And Answers For Nigerian Unis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by bonetalk(m): 6:54am On Apr 12, 2016
2Cents:
Who are the lecturers that teach in private Universities? Are they not from these same public Universities? Are they not products of public Universities? How come they work better in private Universities? Truth is you can never compare the well laid down institutional frameworks in most private Universities with the jungle system in public Universities. OK unilag was just closed.... Why? Will that closure assist their best minds to do better? When last was Babcock, covenant, etc closed? Don't even want to mention Great undecided ife. Oba Adaniduro University. The first class produced in private Universities are good! At least academically. They may be dumb in others aspects but that is a general trait of most 1st class holders. Also don't tell me u met one olodo from one private University or the other during NYSC or at work, so what? Haven't we seen graduates from public Universities, even UI, that can't string together a simple sentence correctly? Or which institutions produced our half baked primary school teachers? Even lecturers in public Universities now run to private Universities to run their PhD programs! That's to tell you how hopeless the public educational system is.
In terms of research output and innovation, private schools will get there shortly at least no private university in Nigeria is up to 20 years old. How old is UI, Ife and UNN again? Imagine what covenant, Babcock, Bowen, igbinedion will look like in the next 2 decades....
u forgot to add ABUAD
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by maputohq: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2016
DrayZee:

This just corrects me.
HATE for private universities just because you suffered more. So private first class graduates are useless because they didn't suffer.

Why will you just decide to hate or despise someone because he/she did not suffer like you did?
ynu must be from a private uni. you think exactly like them.
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by Nusaf: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Champella:

The more than 400 first class graduates you just posted is purely an exaggeration.

Why don't you see it this way that admitting very sound candidates translate to quality graduates. A case of "Gabbage-in Gabbage-out".

A similar case would be that of Barcelona signing quality players to win so many trophies. Does it mean that they are favoured by UEFA or the Spanish Football Federation over other football clubs?
Sound candidates indeed. Note that most of these candidates of public universities were rejected by public universities.
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by nuelyoyo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
flaky66:
who u sef don epp.
them plenty oh, if u no mind I fit 'help' u too.
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by eazzzy1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by realmindz: 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
Draxler:

Thats not true. I was going to enter a public uni years ago. Realised that I needed to know someone no matter how well I did in Jamb and post jamb. They were asking us for a bribe. So let's not lie to ourselves.
you are the one lying to ursef, with great results, u don't need bribe...federal universities are very competitive. I got into unilag without any body's help and same with majority of my set...merit list, very very competitive, survival of the fittest...those who got lesser than wat dey desired trooped to convenant university and redeemers..so go and do your research better
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by jeebz: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
@Draxler, some serious punchlines from you. In summary, public universities and private universities would only become better through cooperation in research and teaching rather than this hatred brewing everyday.
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 11, 2016
hustla:

All these 'Come and try it in fed uni' is stupid if u ask me.it shows how messed up your lecturers in fed unis are mentally
We have seen nigerians getting admitted into ivy league schools cos of excellent results;my friend for instance was admitted into MIT but money no gree am go,oh and he's a Babcock graduate

We have seen Nigerians abroad graduate top of their class many many times just cos they're in a environment that encourages u to actually learn

Blame the Nigerian system that just messes ur mentality up so much that u think you have to suffer for everything

Education
Electricity
Internet
Even fuel sef, you dey queue for am

I was in India for a year and even though it's a 3rd world country like naija, they have all d above mentioned provided with ease; they don't produce crude oil but you won't find queues at their petrol stations

And oh,i am a CU grad and asides from the strict nonsense ( which I Hv my way around), I enjoyed it wink
do You still punt?
Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by hustla(m): 2:27pm On May 12, 2016
Vikings007:
do You still punt?

For fun, yeah
100 naira, 16 hsh games grin

1 Like

Re: Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. by queenestelle: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
ReverseEngineer:
Hi, I'm temmi. guess you're new here...

Yes. :-) Is it that obvious?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Are Heartbroken: Chrisland Schools React To Whitney Adeniran's Death / Four University Reading Partners Graduate Together In Flying Colors (photos) / ICAN Professional Exam March 2020 Diet: Timetable, Fees, Registration Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.