Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) (31846 Views)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Students Protest & Block School Gate Over Hike In Fees(pix / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2016
passionate88:
Students do protest, we protested last year when a student died because UPTH nurses refused to tend to her. The school averted another protest last year during Comrade Endwell Chukwu led S.U.G tenure when it wanted to scrap the student week for that session.
I deliberately made that statement because, a student of Uniport made that statement.
I hope they resolve this issue amicably.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Godswillnwaoma(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2016
franciskaine:
Just 45k dem dey shout? As UNN and Unizik student how far.
In unizik we pay N20,100 (freshers not included cus they pay N59,500)
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2016
kestolove95:
Wike boys on rampage

It's not their fault, the VC was sleeping on top bike. His entire security and advisory board failed him.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by kaziblake(f): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
LOL! Common 45k and they are protesting. .
You think its everybody that can afford that 45k undecided

2 Likes

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Godswillnwaoma(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2016
kaziblake:
You think its everybody that can afford that 45k undecided
dont mind that online dangote
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by KOMOBOBO: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by chomytex(f): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
they are protesting cos of the conditions
Any student who is yet to pay will carry over a whole session; that's automatic extra year.
is it fair?
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by BlackFlocka(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589029_img20160411wa0006_jpeg6e024fdffeca87af1284352eb21f3eec

Are these really the school fees of these Universities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No wonder Nigerian Universities are shiit! shocked shocked shocked

A miserly 45,000 Naira for a University Education? I know Daycares that charge more than 10 times that amount.

I'm sorry but this shiit has got to stop. The Government cant keep playing this type of useless politics with our lives. Quality Education can not be achieved with this type of poor income into the Universities coupled with the poor funding from the Government. Hstory has shown us that everything the Government of Nigeria has touched always fails. Its time the Nigerian Universities become autonomous.

Universities should be allowed to fund themselves and set their fee rate.

All the Nigerian Government should do is set up a merit based scholarship system for qualified students.

No wonder many of them come out of the university as advanced illiterates.

Crucify me, but i remember a saying; If you think education is expensive,try ignorance.
dude you are saying shiit where did you school or are you even nigerian Federal schools dont pay that money as school fees its just for the amenities they use the government handles the school needs like subsidy dude your just saying dumb stuff they have a right to riot
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2016
SENATE building vandalized

New AEB building vandalized
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589029_img20160411wa0006_jpeg6e024fdffeca87af1284352eb21f3eec

Are these really the school fees of these Universities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A miserly 45,000 Naira for a University Education? I know Daycares that charge more than 10 times that amount.

I'm sorry but this shiit has got to stop. The Government cant keep playing this type of useless politics with our lives. Quality Education can not be achieved with this type of poor income into the Universities coupled with the poor funding from the Government. Hstory has shown us that everything the Government of Nigeria has touched always fails. Its time the Nigerian Universities become autonomous.

All the Nigerian Government should do is set up a merit based scholarship system for qualified students.

Crucify me, but i remember a saying; If you think education is expensive,try ignorance.
Mr man, what are you saying. In the 60s and 70s Nigerians went to school for free in both University, Polytechnic and COE. They even eat for free back then.
Nigeria has power to sponsor her students for free but due to misplacement of priorities and corruption our govt can't do it again. Anytime I have a conversation with those people that school that time they do tell me we students of nowadays are in schools to suffer.
My uncle studies in Saudi Arabia from his 1st degree to his PhD level for free. They do give him allowances.
If we are to be paying huge amount for school fees in Nigeria, many of us won't attend higher institutions

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2016
The fees posted for the schools mentioned is incorrect, any fresher entering any govt tertiary school isnt paying less than N120,000= in his/ her first yr.

The least amount of fees is n120,000=

The uniport students should get their facts right.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
Angelberry:
no na ghost
grin
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2016
tociano009:
omo ale jatijati
no mind dat guy, see as him mouth dey rap. Don't be surprised dat d dude went tru free education all his life.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by passionate88: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
SENATE building vandalized
New AEB building vandalized
That means no exams today
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
Do you think Everybody is as rich or buoyant like you. When I was in Unilag, despite the fact that the school fees is #15,000 some people can't afford it.
I knew someone that had to borrow the money from a friend to pay 15k.
All fingers aren't equal. We should always thank God for giving us the privilege to afford some things.

3 Likes

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by oduastates: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

Nigeria is messed up. The mobile phone many of these student carry cost 100, 000 or more.
Another reason why Nigeria will never work.

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by okusbaba(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2016
Km
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by virus04(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2016
Nobe small oo. Them almost Break my head cos I no folo dem protest

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2016
Ofrinma Vandalized.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by freshvine(f): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2016
Part time student pay 105,000 with a smile in Uniport
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2016
comradee1248:
Na all this omoyeebos cause am...they can never be president in the next 100yrs
Oga why bringing issue of ethnic group here. I know many Yorubas in that school.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by MadCow1: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Mr man, what are you saying. In the 60s and 70s Nigerians went to school for free in both University, Polytechnic and COE. They even eat for free back then.
Nigeria has power to sponsor her students for free but due to misplacement of priorities and corruption our govt can't do it again. Anytime I have a conversation with those people that school that time they do tell me we students of nowadays are in schools to suffer.
My uncle studies in Saudi Arabia from his 1st degree to his PhD level for free. They do give him allowances.
If we are to be paying huge amount for school fees in Nigeria, many of us won't attend higher institutions

The 60's and 70's? Bro this is 2016...

I think you still over estimate the capacity of this Nation. A nation currently struggling to pay workers wages is what you want to pay the full tuition of students, pay the salaries of Lecturers, pay the salaries of non-academic staff members, pay for maintenance of the University, e.t.c... grin grin

I really don't see this happening..
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by ManuelRichard(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2016
[color=#006600].....

it's my al ma mata..n i aint surprised at all..it is very typical of them...

i gradge last year..paid almost 50k...as final year school fees..

I love d school in a very hateful way.....!

..over there,..Nobody cares...! Not d VC Not d lecturers.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2016
passionate88:
That means no exams today

School will be closed down indefinitely, after some time all students will be asked to bring their parents to sign undertaking and pay for damages.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by MadCow1: 11:45am On Apr 11, 2016
BlackFlocka:
dude you are saying shiit where did you school or are you even nigerian Federal schools dont pay that money as school fees its just for the amenities they use the government handles the school needs like subsidy dude your just saying dumb stuff they have a right to riot

Come back and chat with me after you pass communications skills 101 from a good well funded university.

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by south7313: 11:45am On Apr 11, 2016
Really love dat unlike Enugu State university of science and technology (Esut) datz paying #124250 which rose from initial 77250 and still yet d students are happy paying it even before exams.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

You are a real idiot for saying this!!!
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:

The 60's and 70's? Bro this is 2016...

I think you still over estimate the capacity of this Nation. A nation currently struggling to pay workers wages is what you want to pay the full tuition of students, pay the salaries of Lecturers, pay the salaries of non-academic staff members, pay for maintenance of the University, e.t.c... grin grin

I really don't see this happening..
You should read in between the lines what I typed. I said due to misplacement of priorities and corruption on the govt changed everything totally.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by mrtheo33: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2016
comradee1248:
Na all this omoyeebos cause am...they can never be president in the next 100yrs
You are a smelling IDIOT. You are completely senseless. FOOL
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by MadCow1: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Rolly83:
You are a real idiot for saying this!!!

And look at one of the Morons that the Government is subsidizing his tuition fees.. grin grin grin

#Spits..
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by okusbaba(m): 11:49am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:

Come back and chat with me after you pass communications skills 101 from a good well funded university.
U NO JUST GET SENSE
AND I BELIEVE SAY U NO GET WORK TOO
IF NOT U NO FOR DEY DIS THREAD NOW
AFTER UR EXPENSIVE SCHOOL WEN U GO AND THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS 101 WEN U PASS
HOW E TAKE HELP U NW??
SENIOR JU
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by passionate88: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
Ofrinma Vandalized.
almighty ofrima? JeSu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) / Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.