Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) (31825 Views)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Students Protest & Block School Gate Over Hike In Fees(pix / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

Stupid students, I paid 50k last year in that same uniport, I paid 10k just to do my project defense December last year, I know how much I have paid for my ungoing clearance and these students are vandalizing offices over 45k.

Truth be told 95% of students in uniport leave off campus this costs 100,000 and above, they use expensive phones and laptops and still think 45k is too much, the sad part is students tend to spend their school fees thinking they can pay later just so they can lead false lifestyles in school.

Stupid idiots they don't realize doing this is just to their own detriment, and this is going to have an adverse effect on us trying to get cleared so we go for Nysc by June! And they are out there dancing to music! I weep for Nigeria

Things re no longer the same
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
Indomie was peacefully acquired from an Indomie delivery van.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
@Lordthree

This thing was well planned and adequately sponsored, that is our postulation, unfortunately the authorities thought they were dealing with normal students hence the non invitation of police into the campus even up till now.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
Unconfirmed reports indicate a casualty.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by lordthree(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
@Lordthree

This thing was well planned and adequately sponsored, that is our postulation, unfortunately the authorities thought they were dealing with normal students hence the non invitation of police into the campus even up till now.

fiftynaira:

Things re no longer the same

I don't understand why the police weren't involved early on, giving students room to destroy offices, 45k isn't too much to ask for let's be honest, the annoying part is these students spend their school fees on either weavon or on their girlfriends and flexing, I went to uniport so I know , the funny part is these students spent years praying for admission into a university, Now they have gotten it they are acting like animals.

I'm just pissed off cause I really wanted to complete my clearance this week so I leave that school for them
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
@Lordthree

But outside choba campus security personnels can be seen. Though students have chased majority away sars inclusive
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by armyofone(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
45, 000 for a year or per semester ?

Someone please make it clear.

Can you guys stop destroying your school properties during protest.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Sunny weather back, sounds of gunshots everywhere.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by lordthree(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
armyofone:
45, 000 for a year or per semester ?

Someone please make it clear.

Can you guys stop destroying your school properties during protest.
Just a year o, they will pay for it
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by lordthree(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
Sunny weather back, sounds of gunshots everywhere.
Where are you choba or alakahia
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

I don't understand why the police weren't involved early on, giving students room to destroy offices, 45k isn't too much to ask for let's be honest, the annoying part is these students spend their school fees on either weavon or on their girlfriends and flexing, I went to uniport so I know , the funny part is these students spent years praying for admission into a university, Now they have gotten it they are acting like animals.

I'm just pissed off cause I really wanted to complete my clearance this week so I leave that school for them

The Uniport Security department underestimated the scope of the problem?

How can you withdraw from the main gates?

Gunshot o, Gunshot o, Police no dey look uche face o.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

I'm just pissed off cause I really wanted to complete my clearance this week so I leave that school for

They re angry because the school management have shut down the school portal there by making it impossible for fees to be paid and also they re protesting because they re at risk of loosing a whole section because of failure to pay there fees not only about the increment though is also a contributing factor.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

Where are you choba or alakahia

Delta Park/Choba at the moment.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by armyofone(m): 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
45,000 for a year as school fees is not bad.
Maybe those who can't afford to pay once should discuss with your school to spread it over the semester....Nigeria lipsrsealed smh

lordthree:

Just a year o, they will pay for it
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
1:51pm

Dangote truck containing pastas have been destroyed,coca cola truck too is not left out gunshots can be heard, students re been tear gased funny they re washing there faces with water and have held sway in east west road making it there habitat
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
armyofone:
Maybe discuss with your school to spread it over the semester....

There may be more to this than school fees, believe you me because adequate notice had been giving.

More than 2 lecture free days, majority of the students having read just wanted to write the exams and move on but for the less than 5%.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by lordthree(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
fiftynaira:

Lol that is not an excuse, it's not like they weren't informed before now
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
fiftynaira:
1:51pm

Dangote truck containing pastas have been destroyed,coca cola truck too is not left out gunshots can be heard, students re been tear gased funny they re washing there faces with water and have held sway in east west road making it there habitat

kudos to your timely update but please leave that place, something terrible is coming that way.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by lordthree(m): 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
armyofone:
Maybe those who can't afford to pay once should discuss with your school to spread it over the semester....Nigeria lipsrsealed smh

45k is not bad at all, these students spend more on clothes and gadgets.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:

kudos to your timely update but please leave that place, something terrible is coming that way.

What can that be?
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by fiftynaira(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
An unconfirmed report has itThat a student have been shot... will confirm and report ASAP cos I am typing and also running
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Mbediogu(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
nonsense. The time Ikwerre villagers killed three innocent students they no talk. Now wey exam reach na him them wan start confusion.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
fiftynaira:
An unconfirmed report has itThat a student have been shot... will confirm and report ASAP cos I am typing and also running

Shey I tell you make you comot for their you no gree, even locked small businesses in Choba campus the rioters tried to break the locks and loot the laptops for sale.

Offices in Choba locked where also broken into and looted.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Reliable intel suggests a student has been killed in the course of the protest. From reports he seemed to be a final year student in the faculty of management sciences. Rest his soul
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by itoski(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
who is the S.U.G president now??
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by akahp(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
lordthree:

stop sounding lik a foool. If u dont knw wat 2say jst shut ur stupiid mouth nd shove it down Ur dirty ass. Most of d students, u dont knw wat d pass 2tru jst 2av smetin in dia belly not 2 talk of paying fees. Nd d skul authority is putn a condition of paying fees b4 tekn dia exams. 4d records no student gets his/her cert without clearance. nd dis clearance means no fee is left unpaid, so tell me y dis students shouldn't b allowed 2tek dia exams. if u talk rubbish agn God go punish. Stupiid foolll
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In 1979.....the total number of students in Nigerian universities was 80,000...spread across six universities

Now it is 2million.If not higher.

That is why in the 60's and 70'S...students could go to school for ''free''.

And thanks to falling oil revenues...we do not have enough cash to fund unis adequately.

We need N1.5 trillion naira yearly to adequately fund universities well...and even that cash is not enough.Our budget is N6-8TRILLION. See the problem.
You are right.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by JayJustus(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
and I can guarantee 79% of them use phones that are 5 times worth 45k...please pay your fees hian... 45k is nothing in 2016
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by iamCross(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
From the nonsense you scribbled here, it is obvious you have never been to any University or you are a spoilt brat in private university who doesn't know what it means to struggle for survival. 45, 000 statutory fee + 30,000 non-statutory is a big deal for the average Nigerian in this turbulent period. If you don't know what to type, just read and shut that gutter of yours.
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589029_img20160411wa0006_jpeg6e024fdffeca87af1284352eb21f3eec

Are these really the school fees of these Universities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No wonder Nigerian Universities are shiit! shocked shocked shocked

A miserly 45,000 Naira for a University Education? I know Daycares that charge more than 10 times that amount.

The Laptops and Phones of most of these students cast more than their tuition.

I'm sorry but this shiit has got to stop. The Government cant keep playing this type of useless politics with our lives. Quality Education can not be achieved with this type of poor income into the Universities coupled with the poor funding from the Government. Hstory has shown us that everything the Government of Nigeria has touched always fails. Its time the Nigerian Universities become autonomous.

Universities should be allowed to fund themselves and set their fee rate.

All the Nigerian Government should do is set up a merit based scholarship system for qualified students.

No wonder many of them come out of the university as advanced illiterates.

Crucify me, but i remember a saying; If you think education is expensive,try ignorance.

Edited:: Look at UNIBEN Tuition...

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
crownedrookie:
Reliable intel suggests a student has been killed in the course of the protest. From reports he seemed to be a final year student in the faculty of law. Rest his soul

faculty of Law has no undergraduate student.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
some reports coming in suggest some rioters are armed.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Ekob(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
Otokx tnx fr d continuous update..As an Alumni of dis school i support the rationale for the protest...but i don't support d violence...
life lost can neva be regain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) / Change Your Jamb Details- Phone Number/ Email 2018/2019 Academic Session