Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) (31824 Views)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Students Protest & Block School Gate Over Hike In Fees(pix / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by hijacke(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2016
45k is small compared to what i pAid
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by babyfaceafrica: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2016
jpphilips:
Nans have gone to felicitate with the governor for petrol protest, while real students are fighting for what they deserve, what a society
nans is crap
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Mtcheeew!
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Seunpaul01(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
This is serious. ust would have been the first but we were calm and cool.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by NwaNimo1(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
I'm convinced Nigeria is actually 'Hell on Earth'

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2016
gbishman:
This is very good, finally the undergrads have realsied the power of their voice. Great Unique uniport.
I beg u guys not to allow the situation deteriorate into violence please

unverified reports indicate the admissions office has been vandalized.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by MadCow1: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2016
Angelberry:

Na you be that for your profile? shocked shocked
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2016
Who told them Unical is N25'000?
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2016
Just 45k dem dey shout? As UNN and Unizik students how far.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:

Na you be that for your profile? shocked shocked
no na ghost
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by tociano009(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589029_img20160411wa0006_jpeg6e024fdffeca87af1284352eb21f3eec

Are these really the school fees of these Universities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No wonder Nigerian Universities are shiit! shocked shocked shocked

A miserly 45,000 Naira for a University Education? I know Daycares that charge more than 10 times that amount.

I'm sorry but this shiit has got to stop. The Government cant keep playing this type of useless politics with our lives. Quality Education can not be achieved with this type of poor income into the Universities coupled with the poor funding from the Government. Hstory has shown us that everything the Government of Nigeria has touched always fails. Its time the Nigerian Universities become autonomous.

Universities should be allowed to fund themselves and set their fee rate.

All the Nigerian Government should do is set up a merit based scholarship system for qualified students.

No wonder many of them come out of the university as advanced illiterates.

Crucify me, but i remember a saying; If you think education is expensive,try ignorance.
omo ale jatijati

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2016
A revolution is deserved in that school. The cost of things are outrageous. Imagine paying over 20k to collect original certificate. Imagine statutory and non-statutory fee to extort students. Thank God student are now standing up, their voices have been clouded in that school for a long time.

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by darkenkach(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2016
LOL! Common 45k and they are protesting. .
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Supa6ix(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2016
How i wish stuff lyk dis is happening in imsu...we ve bin on strike goin to a month now...payment of salary and increment in skul fee
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by dracosith(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589029_img20160411wa0006_jpeg6e024fdffeca87af1284352eb21f3eec

Are these really the school fees of these Universities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A miserly 45,000 Naira for a University Education? I know Daycares that charge more than 10 times that amount.

I'm sorry but this shiit has got to stop. The Government cant keep playing this type of useless politics with our lives. Quality Education can not be achieved with this type of poor income into the Universities coupled with the poor funding from the Government. Hstory has shown us that everything the Government of Nigeria has touched always fails. Its time the Nigerian Universities become autonomous.

All the Nigerian Government should do is set up a merit based scholarship system for qualified students.

Crucify me, but i remember a saying; If you think education is expensive,try ignorance.

U are really a Mad Cow as ur name implies.
Com to uniport and say this rubbish....we will beat u do death!!!

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by macaranta(m): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2016
The policy of making students repeat a whole session for failing to pay fees is it part of Change?

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2016
Yes have been expecting this news. Where is that guy called otokx that said Uniport don't protest. Hypocrite.

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by femi4: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2016
Common 45k, not enough to even pay for creche elsewhere
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Thank God say I graduate last year, dem wan kill person with high school fees for uniport. This is were I employ Buhari to fight against curruption in uniport cus things are getting out of hand.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by passionate88: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:
why will peaceful protesters destroy office structures in the University and force other law abiding students to join in the protest.
Some are peaceful, soMe are criminally minded. The students aren't actually protesting the increment, they are protesting the decision of the school authority that wants them to loose a whole session if they fail to pay their school fees before the expiration day which was last week. The economy is bad and the president isn't helping things.

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Yes have been expecting this news. Where is that guy called otokx that said Uniport don't protest. Hypocrite.

We abhor violence from a few students who have been politically motivated.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!!

You are wrong there, education is a right for every child, if we operated on the basis of being rich before going to school, slavery would not have ended.

FYI the so called rich people actually obtain govt scholarships and grants, they dont pay the correct taxes on their incomes.

And you re still living in ignorance of events surrounding this process. Lets just say you re functionally illiterate. grin

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Ojimba1(m): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2016
Uniport students r on protest due to the calamity that is about to befall them in this present economic state of our country

the Management of Uniport av earlier resolved that only students who av paid their school fees up to date and av completed their online course registration will sit for their First semester exams
Therefore students who av not paid their fees and as a result did not do their online course registration will not write their first semester exam and will consequently REPEAT THE SESSION

it may interest you to knw that uniport students pay a whooping amount of 45,000 - 58,000 naira for returning students and 150, 000 and above for freshers

Uniport students av come out in mass to say no to this devilish act

All Aluta forces are on ground to ensure that this calamity do not befall Nigerian students

I remain my humble self Comr. Ojimba Prince

Aluta Continua!
Victoria Ascerta !!

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by passionate88: 11:14am On Apr 11, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Students do protest, we protested last year when a student died because UPTH nurses refused to tend to her. The school averted another protest last year during Comrade Endwell Chukwu led S.U.G tenure when it wanted to scrap the student week for that session.

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by otokx(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2016
SerialGist:
Who told them Unical is N25'000?

Leave them, that is how they spread their stories, they should kukuma attend University for free.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by passionate88: 11:15am On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:

This protest isn't politically motivated.
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2016
otokx:

haha.... Now you can swallow your words. Even my Alma mata Unilag don't pay upto #17,500 for school fees though have graduated. Don't worry your protest isn't peaceful.
You guys will pay for damages.

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by anonimi: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2016
Reyus:
EAST- WEST Road blockage is the worst side effect of UNIPORT protests.

Delaying innocent travelers and road users wey the thing no concern.

Are they actually innocent?
Are WE all actually innocent of the malaise and rot in our society?
Do we have NO part to play in making things better in our own society?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by kestolove95(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2016
Wike boys on rampage
Re: Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) by Lyoncrescent: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2016
Only In Nigeria will this nonsense happen. And to even think almighty UNILAG students pay 17500 Naira for school fees. Thats less than 100 dollars at CBN rate o.

And yet its the same Schools that will say they want world class facilities. Every Public University should be autonomous and run themselves and should only receive research grants and endowments based on quality of research from government.

If You attended a public univeristy in Nigeria, Congrats to you. You were on scholarship. Theres no way the school fees you paid could have funded your uni. The repercussion of this is that the Nigerian Government is spending heavily to subsidize the school fees uni students pay thus resulting in a neglect of public primary and secondary schools. Goodluck opened 7 new universities. WHen last did any Nigerian government open a new Federal Government college in any state ? When last did any state governor open a new public primary school ? The end result is that most of us reading this will never send our children to public primary schools which we should if it was up to standard. A cheap quality private primary school in Lagos costs 30-50 thousand naira per term and from 100k per year.

On the Average, you will discover that in Nigeria it is more expensive to get quality primary education than University Education. Ask around and you will see quality primary school education is much more expensive than what these students are protesting for.

This is wierd because primary school is for everyone while university is not. But what can we do when government continues to heavily subsidize Higher education while neglecting the foundation ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) / 2017/2018 Federal University Of Technology, Akure Aspirant