Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely (25375 Views)

Breaking: Uniport Resumes Admission Screening Exercise For 2016/2017 Session / ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death / Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by ajoskele(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
While Uniport SUG is working hand-in-hand with the students, AAUA student leaders went on radio to insult the students that voted into power and even threatened to submit list(s) of offending students.

I give up on students unionism!
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by tobtap: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by mrjojo: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Now, some people will start comparing all this public uni to Private Uni, The Comparison is simply no brainier
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Senorprinz(m): 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
SerialGist:
This is why i always do not advocate violent protest. The consequences always detrimental to the students both academically, financially and physically. Happened in Unical years ago and all the students were mandated to pay 10k each. Add 10k to the normal school fees and other expenses and see how it affects economically on the parents/guardians.
same thing happened in unn some years back, the fees they were protesting against was'nt normalized, all students were forced to pay reparation fee irrespective of your involvement in the riot. i just hope their protest won't be in vain sha.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by neonly: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari is a goat I swear
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Daliano(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
adekayo1234:
Hmmmn.... you need brighter grammar

Volume 1...For beginners.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Sunkyphil(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
first it was lag then aaua now uniport wat is really happening maybe na lasu go b d next
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by marvelous000: 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
adekayo1234:
Hmmmn.... you need brighter grammar
[size=13pt]
Lol..that guy grammar no be heregrin
[/size]

1 Like

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by ExplicitContent: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Season of schools shutting down.
Let's see which school is next.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Juanapeters21: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
This thing nor be play ooo
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by defemidefemi(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
mperoakeem:
Well, when it comes to protest, uniport is still a learner where oau dey. RIP to the dead.

#NoDisrespect
but oau protest no de bring good result again o unlike b4.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Arewa12: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
dat vc wey hin head be like Wike
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Taryur3(m): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
I would have been in this mess with them.thank God I escape the wrath
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Olusharp(m): 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
OAU did worst than this,in the end they surrendered....
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Senorprinz:
same thing happened in unn some years back, the fees they were protesting against was'nt normalized, all students were forced to pay reparation fee irrespective of your involvement in the riot. i just hope their protest won't be in vain sha.

That is what some of them do not know. At the end of the day, school management and even individual staff make businesses out of the entire situation. Do you know how much top management staff of the university will be making individually out of this violent protest?
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by ReabridCharles(m): 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
SenseiVoyles:
The Senate Of the University Of Port-Harcourt has shut down the school indefinitely and ordered students to vacate hostels before 6pm. This follows today's violent protests.
Cc lalasticlala, obinoscopy
Following the students’ protest that rocked the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) in the Rivers State, the university senate has shut down the school for the next one month with immediate effect.

In a statement by Deputy Registrar in Charge of Information, William Wodi, all students are to vacate their hostel accommodation before 6: 00 pm on Monday.

According to him, students’ union and their affiliate bodies have also been suspended till further notice.

Security personnel were seen trying to disperse the protesting students to avert further crisis.

There was commotion on Monday in Port Harcourt, as students of the University of Port Harcourt protested hike in school fees.

Thousands of the aggrieved students protested against what they call the unjustified increase in tuition and other charges.

They laid siege on the school premises, blocking the Choba end of East-West Road in the Rivers State capital and stopping any academic activities from taking place in the university.

According to them, the school authorities have been insensitive to their plight and vowed to intensify their protests until the management of the school responds to their demands.
http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/11/uniport-shut-down-over-students-protest/

What trash is dis? How much were you paid? Who said the students were protesting because of the hike in school fees. Get your information right before posting. The students were protesting against the policy of no school fees no exam, and u forfeit one year.

Ghet that right!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by adroitvezy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
124mumsy:
this is the story of degbedeliza in the poem! song of sorrow.
its dzogbese lisa not degbede liza.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
Donnetimmy:
OAU, AAUA, UNILAG THEN UNIPORT
who's next?
FUNAAB
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by mercenary: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
SerialGist:
This is why i always do not advocate violent protest. The consequences always detrimental to the students both academically, financially and physically. Happened in Unical years ago and all the students were mandated to pay 10k each. Add 10k to the normal school fees and other expenses and see how it affects economically on the parents/guardians.
As much as I don't support violent protest I still want to condemn the carelessness of our security agents... No matter how violent a protest turns u shouldn't kill anybody

In sane climes the police use teargas and canisters to disperse protesters

NDU students had to pay a compulsory fine for properties destroyed during their last protest.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExplicitContent:
Season of schools shutting down. Let's see which school is next.

FUNAAB
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by 9jatatafo(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Pathetic
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Marcelinho(m): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Naija which way, we never finish unilag own now uniport God, I hope you have not temporary move your headquarters away from Nigeria...
Budget missing
Budget padding
Removal of some items
Items were not there
Students protesting high school fees
University closed with immediate effect

Who are we going to blame for all this?
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by youngruler(m): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
NDU OAU, AAUA, UNILAG THEN UNIPORT and NEXT
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by stagger: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
The things that never happened under GEJ have reared their ugly heads once more under PMB. Same ol' same ol' stuff.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by lukasmuyiwa(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Aromate! Aromate!! Aromaaaaate!!! Excess o!!! to all rugged katalina ...Ayinkwerere(fire) Aro into executional retire above Marin u are rugged Aro jack sparrow de hunter rugged all xyzee above Marin.. Eyes shall not see evil the evil u destroy 2day maitanana destroy u tomorrow , ayinkwerere!!!(isoko!) Those that deserve to be king crown dem and dose that deserve to kpai throw dem overboard... The blood in the buccaneer, eiye, axe , pirate should continue to flow like river meanwhile our blood shall not cut in the vein

1 Like

Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by macaranta(m): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Oshotse21(m): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Who chaos n fight don help?make una go house go sit down na.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Why? This is the most devastating news i've heard all year. Both parties should be blamed for such incident. May the soul of COMRADE PETER OFURUM rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
Meaning
fareed69:
Ashawo don full town. Enough babes
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
I concur for ur last statement
Mrvirgin:
All is well as long as our president is still enjoying his tour all over d world. The truth be told, d way we protest in Nigeria makes me wonder if we are actually educated or just going to schl for d sake of it. Since wen dem don born me, I neva see one 'aluta' wey yield positive result.
Re: BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely by izic911: 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
which kind thing be this na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Children Seen Hanging On The Back Of A Moving Van / Riot In Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia Over School Fees (Pictures) / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.