Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man (5007 Views)

The Day I Know Im A Fine Boy (picture) / If I Tell You Im A Virgin, We Get Married And You Find Out I Lied.reactions? / Hispanic-american Girl Dating A Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by agathamari(f): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ poster. traditional costs too much im an american living in nigeria and married to a nigerian. the "cost" aspect of teh traditional marriage is for the bride price which as you know we dont do. basicaly all you will be doing is meeting his parents and getting thier blessings. then you go to the local court to get a certificate. i believe mine was $15. Other US and European women i have met here said thier certificates were $10-35 depending on the village.
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Gabry(f): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
Poster, nonsense!!!It seems to me there is something up the sleeve of this naija guy and his family!!! It sounds like he wants to get a legal stay in the US!! U better be careful  angry
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2009
Don't even think about getting married to this man, in America, without going over to Nigeria to find out about the family.
Don't accept everything they tell you either. Cross-check and verify.
It is very unusual for the parents to urge their son to get married to a woman that they have not set eyes on.
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by hamziwhiz(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2009
watch out !!!
he`s fake, lol!
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
Is there always a need for Theseeker to write a 10-page paper as responses undecided undecided
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by makahagirl(f): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2009
well im from the U.S but i know a guy from nigeria smiley
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Kunbee: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2009
@posakosa lol u harsh ooo i thot i was d only 1 who noticed it
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2009
Kunbee:

abi now ! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by johnnygan(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2009
Aw awful can yo story be miss american. Did u school in america or in zombie. Could u please pick up yo dictionary and rephrase yo tenses. I mean i'm sorry but u gotta understand that i ain't callin u fake which i just did. The point is i believe u 're fake as much as yo incomplete story and as much as your fake hubby.
Let me stop being naive and tell u some blunt shit.
Ever heard of scams? If u neva heard o' it, i could teach u how its done but u gonna lose all yo possessions in the process baby. If u ain't got shit, 4get me, as much as yo fake dude.
If yo dude can see this "i dey hail am, Your mugun don come to the wrong place fo help. Handle am well i beg."
please make sure yo hubby sees the last statement
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by makahagirl(f): 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2009
are you talking to me? makahagirl or the other girl?
if so, im not fake. I really am from the United States embarassed
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by janykute: 5:46am On Aug 10, 2009
makahagirl:

are you talking to me? makahagirl or the other girl?
if so, im not fake. I really am from the United States embarassed
makahagirl,i think he was refering to the poster.
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by TheSeeker(m): 10:56am On Aug 10, 2009
posakosa:

Is there always a need for Theseeker to write a 10-page paper as responses undecided undecided
And do you have a problem minding your business or at best, shut your eyes to my posts?
Kunbee:

If my posts so hurt and bother your eyes, don't you have the gumption to choose not to read them?
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by makahagirl(f): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2009
oh okay thank you smiley
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
TheSeeker:

And do you have a problem minding your business or at best, shut your eyes to my posts?If my posts so hurt and bother your eyes, don't you have the gumption to choose not to read them?

Nope, I have no problem minding your business, Why would I want to shut my eyes, and for what purposes ?
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Leilah(f): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2009
The only way you will know is if he takes you home to his family to meet them. My husband took me down to Nigeria to prove this. Good thing is that Igbo people are not into polygamy.
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by henryhemon(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2009
@poster,
I can help you find out.sincerely.hit me up.
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by TheSeeker(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
posakosa:

Nope, I have no problem minding your business, Why would I want to shut my eyes, and for what purposes ?
Ok, if you can mind your lane and you can't shut your eyes to my posts, then endeavor to learn to shut up!
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
TheSeeker:

Ok, if you can mind your lane and you can't shut your eyes to my posts, then endeavor to learn to shut up!

Just saying it like it is ma'am. grin grin grin
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by platinumnk(f): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
some ppl like reading the 10-page posts undecided
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
s undecided undecided undecided
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Kunbee: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
TheSeeker:

If my posts so hurt and bother your eyes, don't you have the gumption to choose not to read them?

Bros y r u acting weird i was just saying wat i felt and u typing sumthing about gumption wasnt cool at all anyways mummmy forgives u tongue kiss
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by posakosa(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2009
What does gumption mean ?
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by Kunbee: 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2009
^about ability to decide sumtin and do it
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by TheSeeker(m): 12:37am On Aug 11, 2009
posakosa:

What does gumption mean ?
That's why there's a Bible-looking book called, "dictionary"
Kunbee:

Bros y r u acting weird i was just saying wat i felt and u typing sumthing about gumption wasnt cool at all anyways mummmy forgives u tongue kiss
I take it you were kidding with your first comment, or you want to opt out of its negativity. I don't care really but let's be civil with each other, ok? Truce?
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by LoloOge(f): 12:44am On Aug 11, 2009
Listen here, as a Nigerian female raised in America who travels home every other year i can tell you that the possibility of this man loving you for real is a slim chance. With 419 still going strong how can you trust him. I would say that love is def the major factor in your relationship if he wanted to present u to his parents. Any person not worth bringing home and meeting his family is not worth getting married to.

on the issue of him saying a traditional wedding costs too much, are you marrying a man who's not able to provide. A trip to Nigeria is only slightly expensive and ive been to small traditional weddings back home that were small bc there was not much money and they were still nice!

You are prob being 419'd for a green card or something. Trust me, I have a cousin that does 419 and nim not proud of it but i know the signs. undecided
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by LoloOge(f): 12:45am On Aug 11, 2009
mugu don pay, shout alleluia, lol grin
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by dyabman(m): 2:31am On Aug 11, 2009
has he dug you already, ?
Re: Im A American Girl With A Igbo Man by platinumnk(f): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2009
Lolo_Oge:

mugu don pay, shout alleluia, lol grin
oooooooo alleluyah allleluyah . . too much money grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Male Bestie Needed / Nigerian Lady Blackmailed After Her Nudes Got To The Wrong Person / Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.