Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,869 members, 7,824,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke (1750 Views)

Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam / 5 Signs You're The One He`s Going To Marry When He`s Ready To Settle Down / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Both online and offline, I have come across so many talks about guys 'taking the bull by the horn' and tying the knot with the 'love of their life'. As convincing as these talks are, I personally, would not want to encourage any young man to embark on that journey if he is broke! If you still don't know, that 'love of your life' would sooner than later turn into the 'evil in your life'!!!

Times have changed and one should adapt to the present situations. We are no longer in the days of our fathers and grand-fathers where men take wives when they come of age, whether they are comfortable or not. We live in a fast world now where every young woman yearns seriously for the good things of life. Whether you like it or not, love is very unstable and painful when there's absence of funds.

There's a clear difference between being rich and being comfortable. Most people always confuse both. That's the point I am trying to make here. You must not be rich before you get married as a guy but please, and I repeat, please, don't make the mistake of getting married when you are not comfortable!!! If you cannot afford a decent accomodation coupled with a job or business that brings in regular income, you have no business with marriage. Don't place your hope on 'faith' or the normal but erroneous belief that wife and children would start bringing 'blessings' as soon as the marriage is done. Even Jesus, in the Synoptic Gospels, admonished the people to calculate the cost of any project before they embark on it or else, the enemies mock them! Does it mean you are more faithful than Christ?

It is even difficult for young ladies to manage with their broke boyfriends in our society today talk more of enduring such in marriage! The truth is that women do not possess that ability to endure financial hardship like men. If a woman is exposed to financial hardship to some extent, she would have no option than to look for financial help elsewhere and your guess is as good as mine what she would want to do. Just imagine that you get married as guy and you can't afford to take care of your wife or cater for your child's fees, would you think your wife would not sleep with other men just to keep up with life? When she's much aware that you are not 'man enough' financially? Don't allow your wife-to-be to become an easy tool for sexual gratification in the hands of other men! Again, women hardly bear financial hardship!

Regrets in marriage is a personal thing. When you regret, you do that alone. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody will regret with you! Everyone who has told you that you can get married irrespective of your financial situation will not be there when you start facing the troubles. They won't regret with you!!! cool...both family and friends.

Before you think of settling down as a guy, make sure you are comfortable; you must not necessarily be rich but you should have a job or business that brings regular income! Women respect men who can cater for the financial needs of the family. Don't say 'Oh, we have been dating for long'. That doesn't count! I always tell people, don't marry out of pity. It is a disaster!!! What are the prospects of that girl you intend to marry career-wise? Many of our young girls these days do not have career plans. Recently, I asked a young woman I was chatting with what her career plans are. She shamelessly told me 'I want to get married this year'. My blood ran cold immediately! This said girl has done nothing worthwhile ever since she completed her OND in one of the polytechnics in Delta State. This same girl would be the one to rush a guy into marriage and create problems and burden in his life.

The priority of every young man should be empowering yourself and boosting your career so that you can become financially stable and live above shame. The priority should not be getting married even when you are broke because 'that girl' is placing pressure on you to tie the knot!

Good evening everyone! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by DanceVille: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
We don hear you..

I dey come.
Lemme get this fuel..
Don queue since evening.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
cry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Bluezy13(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hmmm...

And then
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Who is marrying while broke undecided

And you cannot pass your stale message without bringing "women and their no future ambition in to it" ?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

And then
Is this all you could type? grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You never can tell wink
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
You never can tell wink
Ok but easy with your women-shaming cool
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by project8(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
u guys are so obsessed with marriage
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:

And you cannot pass your stale message without bringing "women and their no future ambition in to it" ?
Did u take Philosophy in school?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
Did u take Philosophy in school?
Yes why
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
project8:
That's the problem with most Nigerian youths! They hardly read to learn.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Yes why
You don't sound like one who did because you weren't logical! grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Lovelynature(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
Being broke is quite scary. You can't just get what you want.

Being broke is an enemy. Hustle well and stay far from poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Bluezy13(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
Is this all you could type? grin
Hmmm...

I think so... Mehn...That post is damn bulky. You reason am na... even as OP wey you be
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lovelynature:
Being broke is quite scary. You can't just get what you want.

Being broke is an enemy. Hustle well and stay far from poverty
That's what I'm talking about wink
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
You don't sound like one who did because you weren't logical! grin
undecided
Logic has a new meaning. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Affable0709(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
who does that? marry when you're broke? But you could try marrying from the north, her father might give you some of his belongings,
warning: don't go near the south.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Daniel2289(m): 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
u guys are so obsessed with marriage[/quote

Na wa 4 dem o!!.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Daniel2289(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
project8:

Na wa 4 dem oooo!!!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Kustin(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
ote maku pakutere lady is my fellicy, ni kekere amaosaebe chineke, oya ebu wara ebe isa ebe uwara, emon sa ee ebe isa ebe chineke
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Ginaz(f): 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
When there is understanding and cooperation the marriage will survive.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by falconey(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
who your reasons don EPP?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Lovelynature(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
That's what I'm talking about wink
oh yes bro, you are right. Don't mind those arguing the clear fact in your write-up. Cyber belief doesn't determine what happens in the real world.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by cassidy1996(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
who told you that if you are rich and comfortable that the marriage will work out well?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
cassidy1996:
who told you that if you are rich and comfortable that the marriage will work out well?
This is what a lot of people fail to understand, if the fundamental reason for marriage is financial security, then, why marry at all, when you can just get a well paid companion to act the part; rapmoney you fail to grasp the fact, that in capitalism, the poor and the masses are an integral identity of the economy, except you want more than half of the worlds population, which is by every definition "POOR", to not marry and endanger our continuity as a species, then I think marriage should be best left as Mans natural way of life devoid of evolutionistic dogmas.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ginaz:
When there is understanding and cooperation the marriage will survive.
That's the lie you people have been spreading. It is such a pity that you can only say this on social media.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Julietcutie(f): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
op take 30litres of fuel ⛽

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
cassidy1996:
Now I see the main reason why people you fail exams! After all what I said about the difference between being rich and being comfortable, you still can't understand! Nigerian youths!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
cassidy1996:
Now I see the main reason why people like you fail exams! After all what I said about the difference between being rich and being comfortable, you still can't understand! Nigerian youths!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Marry When You Are Broke by Rapmoney(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
Julietcutie:
op take 30litres of fuel ⛽
Hmm! I receive it with open hands! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Religion Forbids Condoms / Guys, Here's How To Know If A Girl Photoshopped Her Body Shape On Instagram / Girlfriends And Girlfriend Owners Could This Be True? #photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.