Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu (38220 Views)

Semi Detached Six Bedroom Duplex At Bodija Ibadan For Rent / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:07pm On May 15, 2016
Stair case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2016
Concrete spacer was used to provide 25mm cover and goal post spacer used for seperation of top and bottom reinfrocement as specified by BS 4466 on scheduling in conjuction with BS 8110 on reinforced concrete design.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by kopell: 2:30pm On May 16, 2016
ihebrooke:

I love this. Keep it up guys. I personally love and applaud you guys for the bolded. It's not easy standing your ground when the pressures are mounted.
I expect you to do the same as the guy that drew these project, I believe you drew more houses on this forum than most of this guys that join the forum lately. Follow your drawings make sure your instructions are followed.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2016
kopell:
I expect you to do the same as the guy that drew these project, I believe you drew more houses on this forum than most of this guys that join the forum lately. Follow your drawings make sure your instructions are followed.

What are you talking about?
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by kopell: 3:59pm On May 16, 2016
abdulwastecx:

What are you talking about?
Not you, to ihebrooke. I don't have any conplain on your competency, you have display strongly that matter the pressure you can stand the heat and do the right thing. With this no dout I may have something for in future.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2016
kopell:
Not you, to ihebrooke. I don't have any conplain on your competency, you have display strongly that matter the pressure you can stand the heat and do the right thing. With this no dout I may have something for in future.

Thanks you sir.. I am just curious, I taught the question was referred to me
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2016
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 9:09pm On May 16, 2016
[/color][/b]
podosci:

[b]The clients supervisors incharge of material and equipment procurement adamantly refused to purchase sufficient wood for the formwork of the colunm and lintel.
This lead to a delay in the concrete work as my carpenter's had to split the formwork placement into 4 unit, where by after the previous day casting, the formwork is removed and reused for the next unit. This dalay made it impossible to use a machine for the concrete work of the colunm and lintel as the overal cost of leasing the machine for 4days would be more than the total amount paid by the client for the lintel and colunm concrete work.
Financialy speaking
Unit leasing cost of a mixer = N15,000
Cost of transportation = N8000( expensive due to the remote nature of the site and very bad roads)
Cost of transporting the operator = N1000 (Due to the report nature of the site)
After four days... The total cost of the mixer would be 72,000.
Total amount paid by the client for the ground floor concrete work = N80,000
After subtracting the cost of the mixer from the amount, we would have left N8000 which wont be sufficient to pay the labourers and masons for one day concrete work.
But B.S 1881 : 125 specifies handmix as an alternative to machine mix.
Some of the client supervisors colluded cement was being "wasted" and suggested we employ an inferior concrete mix ratio which did not conform with B. S specifications. We stood our ground and insisted on following the appropriate mix ratio of 1:2:4 for RC and 1:3:6 for PC.
We employed handmix with proper supervision and appropriate mix ratio.
Mr darchiplanhomes, Be rest assured because your baby is in good hands.
[color=#006600]

PODOSKY/ABDULWASTECX
Take down this post, it's not true. The project is mine.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 9:22pm On May 16, 2016
@kopell
@ihebroke

pls disregard that statements, they are not true. Thanks guys for your interest in the project.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 9:33pm On May 16, 2016
podosci:

Manual mixing is the wrong word, the proper donation is hand mixing as specified by BS 1881 :125 on mixing and sampling of concrete. There are no "high structural components" , structural components are either Reinforced concrete or Plain concrete with respective specified compresive strength.
There two ways of mixing concrete, preferably by machine or alternatively using a hand tool, in such a manner as to avoid loss of water or other materials ( BS 1881)
In Nigeria like all developing countries, hand mixing which involves turning over the mixture of the concrete materials from one end of the mixing tray or platform to the other is a popular method (James Isiwu AGUWA)
James Isiwu Aguwa of the Federal univeristy of technology gave the compressive strength of handmixed concrete after 28days at 20.28N/mm2 which is quite impressive for a volume based concrete mix. I believe a machine mix based on volumetric mixing would gave a slightly higher concrete comprehensive strength.
The best mixing form certified to give a higher 28days comprehensive strength is mixing by weight which is done by expensive batching plants.
In summary, Machine mix is preferable but in absense of machine mix due to the remote nature of some sites in Nigeria and the logistics involved, handmix is a good alternative under good supervision.
Like for example, Failure of the client supervisors in the timely procurement of the concrete mixer as lead to the delay of the concrete work for 3days.[color=#000000][/color]
This is not true also.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2016
enugu6br:
[/color][b][/b][color=#006600]
PODOSKY/ABDULWASTECX
Take down this post, it's not true. The project is mine.

Thanks you sir for the complement.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2016
OK
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 9:45pm On May 16, 2016
ABDULWASTECX/PODOSCI
Pls post the truth, from now on.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:46pm On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 9:56pm On May 16, 2016
podosci:

The clients supervisors incharge of material and equipment procurement adamantly refused to purchase sufficient wood for the formwork of the colunm and lintel.[/color] This lead to a delay in the concrete work as my carpenter's had to split the formwork placement into 4 unit, where by after the previous day casting, the formwork is removed and reused for the next unit. This dalay made it impossible to use a machine for the concrete work of the colunm and lintel as the overal cost of leasing the machine for 4days would be more than the total amount paid by the client for the lintel and colunm concrete work.
Financialy speaking
Unit leasing cost of a mixer = N15,000
Cost of transportation = N8000( expensive due to the remote nature of the site and very bad roads)
Cost of transporting the operator = N1000 (Due to the report nature of the site)
After four days... The total cost of the mixer would be 72,000.
Total amount paid by the client for the ground floor concrete work = N80,000
After subtracting the cost of the mixer from the amount, we would have left N8000 which wont be sufficient to pay the labourers and masons for one day concrete work.
But B.S 1881 : 125 specifies handmix as an alternative to machine mix.
[color=#000000]Some of the client supervisors colluded cement was being "wasted" and suggested we employ an inferior concrete mix ratio which did not conform with B. S specifications. We stood our ground and insisted on following the appropriate mix ratio of 1:2:4 for RC and 1:3:6 for PC.
[b][/b][/b][b][color=#000000][/color]
We employed handmix with proper supervision and appropriate mix ratio.
Mr darchiplanhomes, Be rest assured because your baby is in good hands.

Take down the bolded and tender apologies to the guys helping you in this project.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 10:10pm On May 16, 2016
podosci:

Manual mixing is the wrong word, the proper donation is hand mixing as specified by BS 1881 :125 on mixing and sampling of concrete. There are no "high structural components" , structural components are either Reinforced concrete or Plain concrete with respective specified compresive strength.
There two ways of mixing concrete, preferably by machine or alternatively using a hand tool, in such a manner as to avoid loss of water or other materials ( BS 1881)
In Nigeria like all developing countries, hand mixing which involves turning over the mixture of the concrete materials from one end of the mixing tray or platform to the other is a popular method (James Isiwu AGUWA)
James Isiwu Aguwa of the Federal univeristy of technology gave the compressive strength of handmixed concrete after 28days at 20.28N/mm2 which is quite impressive for a volume based concrete mix. I believe a machine mix based on volumetric mixing would gave a slightly higher concrete comprehensive strength.
The best mixing form certified to give a higher 28days comprehensive strength is mixing by weight which is done by expensive batching plants.
In summary, Machine mix is preferable but in absense of machine mix due to the remote nature of some sites in Nigeria and the logistics involved, handmix is a good alternative under good supervision.
Like for example, Failure of the client supervisors in the timely procurement of the concrete mixer as lead to the delay of the concrete work for 3days.[color=#000000][/color][b][/b]
The bolded, correct this misinformation.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 10:43pm On May 16, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:46pm On May 16, 2016
enugu6br:
ABDULWASTECX/PODOSCI

What will these guys gain in lying? Is your supervisor procuring the materials or not?
When there is a middle man between Builder and Client there is bound to be wahala in-between.
Do you have another way of checking your Supervisor to see if the material procurements are adequate?
Think about it. I am not accusing anyone here o, just an observation.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by TLAX: 12:03am On May 17, 2016
enugu6br:
ABDULWASTECX/PODOSCI

Perhaps you can tell us what the truth is. They have stated their story and you can state yours as well.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 12:58am On May 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

With all due to respect sir, that is the problem and misconceptions we are trying to correct. We are a professional entities, you entrusted this job to us and we deserve some kind of respect, statement like this is wrong. I am sorry, I don't see anything wrong about what we just typed over there, it is the truth and we are not apologizing
Every material you requested for I buy, your labour fee I am paying at each stage show your competence and get the job done but no disrespect to quys working hard to make you a success.

@HAJI M
on the bolded not true

@TLAX
Every house has a story , probably to be told on house opening day maybe in 2 mouths time. Take this as an invitation.

@ABDULWASTECX/PODPSCI
You guys have a job to do, sincere comment will beget respect for you and make your job easier.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:10am On May 17, 2016
enugu6br:

Every material you requested for I buy, your labour fee I am paying at each stage show your competence and get the job done[/] but no disrespect to quys working hard to make you a success.

@HAJI M
on the bolded not true

@TLAX
Every house has a story, probably to be told on house opening day maybe in 2 mouths time. Take this as an invitation.

@ABDULWASTECX/PODPSCI
You guys have a job to do, sincere comment will beget respect for you and make your job easier.

OK. I respect your response. I then assume you are the Supervisor... Pls just buy all the materials requested and get the job done and on time.
This is turn out to be a good house. These builder guys are working hard trying to build a reputation... so let's make it happen, then you gain a strong house. No name calling... let's do the needful. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by enugu6br: 1:40am On May 17, 2016
mufutau55:

OK. I respect your response. I then assume you are the Supervisor... Pls just buy all the materials requested and get the job done and on time.
This is turn out to be a good house. These builder guys are working hard trying to build a reputation... so let's make it happen, then you gain a strong house. No name calling... let's do the needful. Thank you.

Hajji M.
HAJI M
Not the Supervisor. The project is mine.
Their competence will build their reputation .
House opening is in 2 months, you are invited HAJI M.
The story of this house will then be told in full.
Thanks for your matured comments, as always.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:48am On May 17, 2016
enugu6br:

HAJI M
Not the Supervisor. The project is mine.
Their competence will build their reputation .
House opening is in 2 months, you are invited HAJI M.
The story of this house will then be told in full.
Thanks for your matured comments, as always.

Sorry for my wrong assumption.
Sure, I accept the invitation, just have some Non-alcoholic Hennessy read with oporoko (spelling). Thank you sir.

@Abdulwastecx
Please let's go build a very strong house for our Oga o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:00am On May 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:11am On May 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 6:51am On May 17, 2016
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 8:06am On May 17, 2016

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping Out From His Condo In Malaysia - Pictures / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.