Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable (2284 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by kvolander: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
Hi guys, just came out from a relationship in which I met the babe on facebook. What exactly is your view on finding dates (AND RELATIONSHIP OF COZ) on facebook?

I don tire to dey look for chicks on facebook o and I dey find wife badly now.Where else can one go search for dates?

Please, your advice is welcomed.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
Its might be the new phenomenon because we are in the 21st century but I DO NOT advise it and I wouldn't do it.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2009
4 real? u mean people do that? Its not likey u wold have some1 u dont already knw on ur friends list anyway. . . but it doesnt sound like a bad idea since you get to see the other party's pictures, info and friend connections, that already tells u something about the person.
Well you can try church. . .
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by untainted: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2009
Adrenaline:

Well you can try church. . .
what if he is no church goer or a christian?
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Its might be the new phenomenon because we are in the 21st century but I DO NOT advise it and I wouldn't do it.
You didn't just say that, did you? Can you tell me why it's such a bad idea? Give me just 3 reasons.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by AmAlone: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

You didn't just say that, did you? Can you tell me why it's such a bad idea? Give me just 3 reasons.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked INTERNET DATING? ? ? grin grin grin grin grin I Laff In Calarbar Language grin grin grin grin grin And I laff again grin grin grin and . . . .
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes i did just say that.  maybe its not a bad idea but i dont think that i would do it.

How would you know the truth ? It much more easier to be gullied and lied to,  Its hard dating someone you know, talkless of dating someone you met on facebook.

My ex has:

1. ABC alum on his facebook account: he only took one class at school but never graduated.

2. His relationship status only says "single" only because he is NOT married but he has several girlfriends /Bleep friends and is NOT single

3. He recently put up a picture of his mercedes and posted it up. Yes he may have a benz but for the short time I knew him, his financial status is wallowing,  He has serious credit card debt, will never be able to pay back his student loans because he never went to school nor did he graduate, and he can never get a good job because he didn't finish school. He is pleasurely in debt (the car lures young women who are needy, poor, and broke,  he didn't have a car when I was with him. In fact, he drove mines.)

4. He is very delibrate,   he never adds any of his girlfriends/any their family members to his friend's list because they will expose him for the fraud he is.

5. Facebook in my opinion is good only for professional purposes (Keeping in touch with school friends from around the world<i went to school in Switzerland, and Nigeria> and I haven't some people in a while and nothing else.

Dating, or finding love on facebook! Naaaaah.  I've made new friends through facebook but thats about it.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
Am Alone:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked INTERNET DATING? ? ? grin grin grin grin grin I Laff In Calarbar Language grin grin grin grin grin And I laff again grin grin grin and . . . .

How does one laugh in the calabar language ?
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Yes i did just say that.  maybe its not a bad idea but i dont think that i would do it.

How would you know the truth ? It much more easier to be gullied and lied to,  Its hard dating someone you know, talkless of dating someone you met on facebook.

My ex has:

1. ABC alum on his facebook account: he only took one class at school but never graduated.

2. His relationship status only says "single" only because he is NOT married but he has several girlfriends /Bleep friends and is NOT single

3. He recently put up a picture of his mercedes and posted it up. Yes he may have a benz but for the short time I knew him, his financial status is wallowing,  He has serious credit card debt, will never be able to pay back his student loans because he never went to school nor did he graduate, and he can never get a good job because he didn't finish school. He is pleasurely in debt (the car lures young women who are needy, poor, and broke,  he didn't have a car when I was with him. In fact, he drove mines.)

4. He is very delibrate,   he never adds any of his girlfriends/any their family members to his friend's list because they will expose him for the fraud he is.

5. Facebook in my opinion is good only for professional purposes (Keeping in touch with school friends from around the world<i went to school in Switzerland, and Nigeria> I haven't some people in a while and nothing else.

Dating, or finding love on facebook! Naaaaah.  I've made new friends through facebook but thats about it.

That's from your experience, but does that mean it won't work for others? You haven't witness people meeting and getting married off dating and social networking sites? That's something with us, Africans. We fail and have limited our horizon to a particular decomposing spot. This is 21st century. Everything around is changing, evolving into something better, more acceptable, adventurous and fun but Africans, as usual, have taken exception to it --- especially anything that works in the western world.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it works for everybody. I do believe however, that if you meet a liar it doesn't really have to be on the internet before he starts to show off who he really is. Even right under your nose, he can and will lie to you. Ok, how about this? You have a boyfriend whom you just have been with for a week or so -- he travels abroad a week -- are you saying you'd think he won't be worthy to be in a relationship with you? What difference does that make from someone you meet off the internet?

I've seen lots of couples who met off the internet, some got married; others are in the process. But tell an African man about internet dating, it's "not for me" "it's weird" "I can't date who I can't see, feel or touch" kinda statements will be thrown. All I'm just trying to say is, there's nothing wrong with it, it's almost-if not the same - as dating someone in person; only difference being that you can't feel or touch.

But I respect your opinion that you wouldn't do it --- it's a matter of choice, really.
Am Alone:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked INTERNET DATING?  ?  ?  grin grin grin grin grin I Laff In Calarbar Language grin grin grin grin grin And I laff again grin grin grin and . . . .
~Shakes head~

1 Like

Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

That's from your experience, but does that mean it won't work for others? You haven't witness people meeting and getting married off dating and social networking sites? That's something with us, Africans. We fail and have limited our horizon to a particular decomposing spot. This is 21st century. Everything around is changing, evolving into something better, more acceptable, adventurous and fun but Africans, as usual, have taken exception to it --- especially anything that works in the western world.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it works for everybody. I do believe however, that if you meet a liar it doesn't really have to be on the internet before he starts to show off who he really is. Even right under your nose, he can and will lie to you. Ok, how about this? You have a boyfriend whom you just have been with for a week or so -- he travels abroad a week -- are you saying you'd think he won't be worthy to be in a relationship with you? What difference does that make from someone you meet off the internet?

I've seen lots of couples who met off the internet, some got married; others are in the process. But tell an African man about internet dating, it's "not for me" "it's weird" "I can't date who I can't see, feel or touch" kinda statements will be thrown. All I'm just trying to say is, there's nothing wrong with it, it's almost-if not the same - as dating someone in person; only difference being that you can't feel or touch.

But I respect your opinion that you wouldn't do it --- it's a matter of choice, really.~Shakes head~

I recently heard of these two Nigerian couples to be married who met on facebook. Its not impossible.  One size definitely doesn't fit all.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2009
Facebook sex is also a growing trend,
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Facebook sex is also a growing trend,

ha! which one is this one again o!
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
Adrenaline:

ha! which one is this one again o!

Yup facebook sex, Oo ti da mo !
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2009
Chat till you cum. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

I recently heard of these two Nigerian couples to be married who met on facebook. Its not impossible.  One size definitely doesn't fit all.
Yes, and did you hear about the a male Kelly meeting a female Kelly and getting married too? There ain't nothing wrong with meeting, dating and subsequently marrying someone off the internet, after all, it's all a global village. But deceit has made so many people leery, especially Africans.

Well, like I'd say, until we start being honest and truthfully opened African will barely experience growth and advancement.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Chat till you cum. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

sounds gross, hope ur not talking from experience
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
Adrenaline:

sounds gross, hope ur not talking from experience

I plead the fifth. hahaha!
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, and did you hear about the a male Kelly meeting a female Kelly and getting married too? There ain't nothing wrong with meeting, dating and subsequently marrying someone off the internet, after all, it's all a global village. But deceit has made so many people leery, especially Africans.

Well, like I'd say, until we start being honest and truthfully opened African will barely experience growth and advancement.

So have you tried internet dating ?
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

So have you tried internet dating ?
Yes, I'm a living testimony to that.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, I'm a living testimony to that.

good for you. Facebook ?
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Diva1(f): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

How would you know the truth ? It much more easier to be gullied and lied to,  Its hard dating someone you know, talkless of dating someone you met on facebook.

My ex has:

3. He recently put up a picture of his mercedes and posted it up. Yes he may have a benz but for the short time I knew him, his financial status is wallowing,  He has serious credit card debt, will never be able to pay back his student loans because he never went to school nor did he graduate, and he can never get a good job because he didn't finish school. He is pleasurely in debt (the car lures young women who are needy, poor, and broke,  he didn't have a car when I was with him. In fact, he drove mines.)

4. He is very delibrate,   he never adds any of his girlfriends/any their family members to his friend's list because they will expose him for the fraud he is.

5. Facebook in my opinion is good only for professional purposes (Keeping in touch with school friends from around the world<i went to school in Switzerland, and Nigeria> and I haven't some people in a while and nothing else.

I agree with you Posakosa. I feel facebook has done more harm than good to relationships.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
I've met good friends and future business associates on the internet <facebook> and thats about it .
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
In some way, facebook could be seen both ways.

A reflection of one's self, <through their pictures, you can imagine the type of lifestyle that they live/or maybe see who they may be>

or the dream of one's reality <some people don miss road>
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2009
Diva1 is really a DIVA prewty gal! If thats really your picture.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

good for you. Facebook ?
Nah!
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Diva1(f): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Diva1 is really a DIVA prewty gal! If thats really your picture.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thanks o but that's not my pic grin had my pic there before.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by posakosa(m): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2009
oh Eharmony, Match.com, Hi5, Myspace, tweeter, Nigerianfriends ?
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by TheSeeker(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2009
Non'a those!
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by nex(m): 2:17am On Aug 03, 2009
There's nothing wrong with dating on Facebook. As long as there are people you share common friends with and they can vouch for your person of interest.

I've noticed some of the girls who used to have a crush on me in high school or college, or who knew I had a thing for them, immediately they bed me or just before, they change their relationship status to "single" and I just know what's up.

I really am not just keen on the eating thing right now, if not, Facebook would have been it.

Of course, I also have my stepsisters who since I became single, don't waste a moment after their friends break up to start suggesting them to me as friends.

I meet my Facebook friends all the time. And they're all nice, happy and beautiful people. I belong to two Facebook Groups that set up regular get-togethers: TARUWA and SUNDAYS AT THE BAY. Taruwa is a poetry event at the black pearl, every other Tuesday and Sundays at the Bay is mad partying at Tarkwa Bay or Alpha Beach every last sunday of the month. Anyway, that was when I was still living Las Gidi.

I actually met the most beautiful thing and we connected, but well, no time. But we still chat and keep in touch.

Facebook is a great place to network, not just for business but for everything.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 03, 2009
I seriously believe 97% of the Nigerians on Facebook are already in relationships.

however, as a networking site, its great.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by Kelvinj(m): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2009
@tpia
who blives any1 is single nowadayz, wel, fb/internet dating can work 4 sum & 4 odas itz hell no.
But personally i dnt like dealn wit anytin internet, but i didnt say i dnt make frnds but dating is out of d question.
Re: Facebook Dating, Please Speak Out, Is It Advisable by yjay(f): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2009
@poster its worked out for some & not too good for some others which is how everyday relationships are regardless of where you meet! not against it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Asked For 20000 Naira Loan / 10 Thinqz Qirlz Dnt Know Abawt Quyz / What Is Your Selling Point?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.