Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (69359 Views)

Real Reasons Why Buhari Wants Railway From Daura To Maradi In Niger Republic / Peace Corps Orders 100,000 Uniforms From Calabar Garment Factory (Photos) / Route Of The Controversial Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by billyG(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lemon12:
Yorubas will benefit more from this project than any other group ... But why must it always be Lagos ? Why not make it calabar to Asaba and see if we will not support it undecided
Y are u myopic,can igbo pple do without lagos,who need yur support anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by KahlDrogo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
Krismart:
I sense jealousy
Didn't know you are a Bonobo. Hello Bonobo. cheesy
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by henryhemon(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
palsenator:
You nothing but a daft and bigot. I wonder what will happen to this country if everyone is so backward like you. You stink man. We are talking about national development but your dead brain still took you back several years and you are yet to see beyond ethnic bigotry. Oh God when will animal in human form like this thing begin to see that human race is just one even when separated by tongues and cultures? I sorry for your generation

I co sorry for his generation. Those bigots stinks. They should be eliminated so Nigeria move forward .

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by IamAtribalist: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
cool The un-natural detour to include Agbor and Onitsha is questionable. cool

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by henryhemon(m): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Longevo:
This project would've been a good one. I wish it wasn't removed from 2016 budget.

Those thiefry senators has restored it.

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by carboblanko(m): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
ExperTrait:
we Africans, at times i jst cant understand hw we reason...see all the comments on how the rail way should be restricted to a particular zone...where is the love for a fellow human irrespective of ethnicity, do anyone lose anything if it goes beyond ur region? rather, u gain a lot. u are in SW today doesnt mean u may nt b in SS, SE or even North 2mrw, even if u wont, hw abt ur children, relatives e.t.c...can any one even survive on his own. after they wld b first to call whites racist. Africans just dont love them selfs. France, Spain, Italy,
Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands,
Russia and the United Kingdom — are connected to a
cross-border high-speed railway network. you guys re here agitating for it to be limited to a particular zone.
And the really sad thing is that these comments are coming from the younger generation who are supposed to be exposed. Really sad.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Omeny: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
IyaIode:

Simple fact, don't fight it.
Zik knew biafra fail the day ojukwu failed to convinced Awolowo

Stop there jharee!
Convince who and over what?
Millions of Igbos still curse baba Awolowo even in the grave!

They felt Awo and nay yorubas betrayed them and will never trust a yoruba man again because of double mouthy,Hence, the hate we have one our hands from then till now by suppose power-houses in modern Nigeria!
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by M4gunners: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?
Nonsense, someone who couldn't complete ordinary rivers state monorail, is the one you are putting your hope on to do what?

2 Likes

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by grandstar(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?

It takes years to construct a railway my friend. Will it even takeoff? That's the koko

And if it does, will it be successful? If they will deregulate it, it should thrive if it passes economic routes

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by henryhemon(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
samkpanam:
If I may ask is the minister for transportation using his personal money to construct this railway?

Somebody is working for us,we are the Boss and people are praising him over what we all can do of given the opportunity,abi na lie?

What did others do ?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by lyterydim(m): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted. Is about.......brother apart from sentiment you are not a Nigerian...many projects in our nation is about too

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by lyterydim(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=lyterydim post=44643908][/quote]mtcheww is about too...being sentimental is lame
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
whitebeard:
it is pretty expensive to construct and manage a railway..so there would be no railway until our bigger problems (fuel, economy e.t.c) are fixed..!!who even suggested it who is that person..!!
lol... Railway is so expenssive that the colonial masters were able to build the ones in use in 1920s... Period when we dont have a country not to talk about having economy. Period when we are not even capable of governing ourselves. It is thinking like yours that make black nations stay in the 1600 when others are dreaming 2200. Contries are building supersonic trains yet your exposed mind think that we are not qualify to have a snail locomotive... Africa largest economy, world 7th oil producer, about $1trillion economy is not rich enough to have a stardard rail sytem but rich enough to fund is laeders and elites airplane convoy... Oshi

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by billyG(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nairadays:
Otuoke; GEJ backyard, Amaechi wan settle score.

But really nice project, they'll have a lot of jungle to clear. Bayelsa is am Amazon like green swathe of landmass; an interesting place and since there is no existing Railtrack makes this project more exploratory, innovative and ground breaking.
GEJ himsef will b very pleased!More job 4 d ND youths.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by emeka2847: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
A rail line is linking so many places and this empty barrel is here making senseless divisive noise

Lemon12:
Yorubas will benefit more from this project than any other group ... But why must it always be Lagos ? Why not make it calabar to Asaba and see if we will not support it undecided
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Goddex: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
Goddex:

[size=18pt]

The Lagos - Calabar coastal rail was a Jonathan project. Buhari is only expected to build on it.
[/size]

The route, feasibility studies and deal was struck in 2014 but take-off was delayed because of national elections
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by santori: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
maupe:
Some of Nigeria's most fantastic projects are only feasible on the blueprints in the federal ministry of works. Amaechi only smuggled in this project to cause a division between the Executive and the legislature.
President Goodluck Jonathan is not one to waste his time on a project that is not politically feasible. This project is dead on arrival. It is simply a political publicity stunt

dey there dey monkey yourself when abuja to kaduna fast train go begin operation by the end of this year. I wonder how you guys reason. your senators are sleeping instead of slugging it out with their northern counterparts over fg projects in their region. you dey there dey despise amaechi instead of you to be angry with the senators that suppose to fight for projects to be sited in your region. then later on you an your ilks will turn around and wail that your region is shortchanged in terms of project.
I just wonder how you guys reason. and ppl like you are the much talked about youths that ought to be ruling the country. #smh

3 Likes

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Sigo86(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

grin grin grin
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by billyG(m): 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
Goddex:

[size=18pt]

The Lagos - Calabar coastal rail was a Jonathan project. Buhari is only expected to build on it.
[/size]
Na who build am get d project.to build refineries,Roads,2nd niger bridge na gej talk,Obj get many projects which 1 he start?not 2 talk of completed.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by scholes0(m): 7:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
IamAtribalist:
cool The un-natural detour to include Agbor and Onitsha is questionable. cool

Abi o...
They call something 'southern coastal railway" come dey include places nowhere near the coast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
ritahot:

And u think they guy u qouted is an igbo?. Why are yorubas like this?

I am not Yoruba. I am an Akwa Ibom person.

My mum is Igbo, Abia State, Ukwa West.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Reference(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

Hahahaha...very comical. I thought this was a serious matter.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by cutekhalifa(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lizard of ubima Rt amaechi and his dullard master Buhari I know ur game plans... abi after constructing the rail, then u will travel to russia and import all abandoned locomotive train in that country to come and kill us God strong pass you... In west Germany u visit recently don't u see monorail,trams or electric fast moving trains that can cover from lagos to calabar within 2:25minutes

For now the rail is not necessary, because to me the train will be suicider, instead construct more highway and flyovers,

Rt amachi how far with ur portharcourt monorail Abi u never finish the one u dey construct and u won jump to another scam

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Pidggin(f): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
So why was it not submitted in the budget? Whose fault is it that they waited until the budget was signed by NASS before bringing it up? We do not need any useless rail, how will this help us import and export our products? Create a working seaport for us like Tincan this is all we want.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
googlepikin:
people like you will find it difficult to have children let alone getting married. Watch and see.
Warey
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by LordBaggins: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
Instead of arguing who benefits most, its a good plan but what is the estimated time govt will use to achieve this.
Also the estimated time for such a trip as well as the type of train. The distance is much and requires a pretty fast train not the type that crawls in Lagos if not na 2 days journey.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by sammyj: 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
Spot on Sir!!!
americanigga:

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by HirstMOG(m): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

if I may ask, why was the calabar-lagos railway project removed from the original budget under the watch of your so called Amaechi if not that they want to seek unnecessary attention. this was how you people celebrated bubu's victory by trekking for him as a sign of the hardship we found ourselves now, and you have started celebrating a project that has not even started. what a party and its gullible supporters.

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by scholes0(m): 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
HirstMOG:

if I may ask, why was the calabar-lagos railway project removed from the original budget under the watch of your so called Amaechi if not that they want to seek unnecessary attention. this was how you people celebrated bubu's victory by trekking for him as a sign of the hardship we found ourselves now, and you have started celebrating a project that has not even started. what a party and its gullible supporters.

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by barrysome001: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
diegwu01:

The Road transport cabal, GUO, The Young, ABC trans, Ekesson, Ifesinachi etc, would not let any rail project see the light of day in the southeast
I just thought about this seconds before reading your comment. They can only try, Que sera sera.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by oglalasioux(m): 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
To fully open Nigeria to tourism the next should be from Calabar to Maiduguri linking Obudu, Kastina Ala, Zakibiam, Wukari, Mubi, Tella, Yola, Askira Uba and Maiduguri itself.

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by mercenary: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
slimfit1:
Igbo and south south people don't like to struggle for anything.
When u're blessed by the most high u don't need 2 struggle...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

June 12: Mr Macaroni Joins Protesters In Lagos (Photo) / Buhari’s Modest Farm Vs. Obasanjo Farm / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.