Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (69355 Views)

Real Reasons Why Buhari Wants Railway From Daura To Maradi In Niger Republic / Peace Corps Orders 100,000 Uniforms From Calabar Garment Factory (Photos) / Route Of The Controversial Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by thespokenword: 9:01am On Apr 13, 2016
Uncle Jonah.... I see your hand. Only Otuoke has two terminals..... WHO says you no dey make sense? My presido, chop up joor!
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by FBLJ(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?

Are you a clown? Are you ignorant of the many promises with out fulfillment? its a proposal, one which is strongly debated. dont forget that this man abandoned the Mono rail which is now a monument. Before you attack me, be informed that I am a concerned Nigerian.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Arnoldo(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?
Fools like u shld understand that the project was started by jonathan..agreement signed nov 2014 @ $11.97b
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Sunnynwa: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

Did you sign the contract for that coastal rail line?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

This op is stupid and who told you Jona is an Igbo Hero?In as much as I don't like PMB,I would not subscribe to the ideas of people who reason through their anal opening.So your reason for us to reject the project is this your stupid,selfish,and illiterate reasons.

Please and Please,don't share such with me again!
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 13, 2016
Lemon12:
Yorubas will benefit more from this project than any other group ... But why must it always be Lagos ? Why not make it calabar to Asaba and see if we will not support it undecided

Ode ni iwo boy yi o. Abi e gbo oro rirun ti eleyi nso lenu ni?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by MrMandilas: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The Owerri person can comfortably stop at Port-Harcourt and transport himself to Owerri.
With which road?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
MrMandilas:
With which road?

So you do not know people travel to Owerri by Bus everyday from Port-Harcourt.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by MrMandilas: 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So you do not know people travel to Owerri by Bus everyday from Port-Harcourt.
Look,i am from Imo state.Born and breed in Owerri.I lived partly in PH too. rumokuta and olu obasanjo to be precise. I know that people travel daily to PH from Owerri but the road is very bad coupled with time factor. Onitcha is a better option.The road is better too.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
MrMandilas:
Look,i am from Imo state.Born and breed in Owerri.I lived partly in PH too. rumokuta and olu obasanjo to be precise. I know that people travel daily to PH from Owerri but the road is very bad coupled with time factor. Onitcha is a better option.The road is better too.

So what are you trying to prove?

That there is no need for the Railway for those in Owerri?

Especially this coming from someone who feels someone can comfortably travel from Onitsha to Owerri.

What is your point? Because, I do not see it.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by udy4real(m): 2:49am On Apr 14, 2016
americanigga:

it will not make sense to you because u are an IPOB

People can't stop showing their ignorance
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by baby124: 3:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Well, hope some fools in the spirit of trying to punish the government won't go and blow up the rail way lines. Then we hear another round of rubbish.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by MrMandilas: 11:13am On Apr 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So what are you trying to prove?

That there is no need for the Railway for those in Owerri?

Especially this coming from someone who feels someone can comfortably travel from Onitsha to Owerri.

What is your point? Because, I do not see it.
What i want you to understand is personally, i am not happy that my state was excluded from the route.Aba,Ph,Onitsha,these three cities are from three states that have common boundries with Imo,why were we excluded?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by jumas(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2016
1.As President Buhari and CBN Governor, Emefiele moved closer to actualizing their promise to strengthen the naira against the US dollars
2.By signing a landmark currency deal with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd on Tuesday in Beijing, China.
3. The agreement will allow Nigerian who imports mainly from China conclude their transactions in the Chinese currency instead of the dollar
4. The new agreement would see Nigeria-China trades, which accounts for over 70 percent of imports into Nigeria, concluded in the Yuan.
5. Until now over 90% of int'l trades between Nigeria & the world is done in dollars, & in the process putting so much pressure on the naira
6. Nigeria imports almost all it needs from the West, Middle East and Asia.
7. The CBN is expected to diversify a huge chunk of Nigeria’s foreign reserve from the dollars to the Yuan to perfect the agreement.
8. “It means that the renminbi (Yuan) is free to flow among diff banks in Nigeria, & the renminbi has been included in the FXR of Nigeria,”
9. FXR means foreign exchange reserves
10. Lin Songtian, director general of the African affairs department of China’s foreign ministry, told reporters in Beijing ...
11. .. a few minutes after the agreement was signed between the Governors of the nations’ reserve banks..
12. in the presence of President Buhari & President Xi Jingping of China, who is hosting Buhari and top Nigerian officials to a state visit.
13. Lin said a framework on currency swaps has been agreed with Nigeria, making it easier to settle trade deals in Yuan.
14. China has signed currency swap deals with countries ranging from Kazakhstan to Argentina as it promotes wider use of its Yuan.
15. Nigeria would become the clearinghouse for Yuan denominated transactions for the whole of Africa following the agreement.
16. Beijing also signed agreements to develop infrastructure in Nigeria, part of a drive to deepen its ties with Africa.
17. It has offered Nigeria a loan worth $6 billion to fund infrastructure projects.
18. Also, ICBC signed a $2 billion loan deal with Dangote group, to fund two cement plants it plans to build, Lin told Reuters.
19. China’s official Xinhua news agency cited President Xi as telling Buhari that there was huge potential for economic cooperation, naming
20. Naming oil, refining and mining..
21. Nigeria is also considering issuing Panda bonds (mainly Yuan denominated) as against euro bonds because they are cheaper.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2016
MrMandilas:
What i want you to understand is personally, i am not happy that my state was excluded from the route.Aba,Ph,Onitsha,these three cities are from three states that have common boundries with Imo,why were we excluded?

You should have made the point earlier. It is a coastal railway, that it is passing waterside areas. I do not think Owerri is a coastal area. That is why Owerri is not there.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
cutekhalifa:
Lizard of ubima Rt amaechi and his dullard master Buhari I know ur game plans... abi after constructing the rail, then u will travel to russia and import all abandoned locomotive train in that country to come and kill us God strong pass you... In west Germany u visit recently don't u see monorail,trams or electric fast moving trains that can cover from lagos to calabar within 2:25minutes

For now the rail is not necessary, because to me the train will be suicider, instead construct more highway and flyovers,

Rt amachi how far with ur portharcourt monorail Abi u never finish the one u dey construct and u won jump to another scam

what a lost generation even before they can start. So train system that will cost about 30 units is not preferred to road trucking that will cost 100 units? You're an epic example of the failure of the country's educational systems and by extension the country itself.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by BeardedMeat(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
emekaxy:

what is the economic importance of the so called heartland to the industrialization plan of the Federal Govt?? Nothing

Aba need to transport raw materials from Lagos and also use the same route to export their finished product. So also is Onitsha.
Now tell me what this coastal road stands to gain when it crosses owerri with respect to the industrialization plan of the FG. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Please criticize constructively
Do you not think a seaport for the south south and east would have made more economic sense to a people who are mostly international traders? Lagos ought to be decongested. What am I even saying..... You don't have a say or any influence over the matter. If they finally commence this one, I hope you know that will be the first and last capital project for that area in this dispensation and the much desired seaports would have to wait till another "messaih" comes.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by mapet: 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goddex:

[size=18pt]

The Lagos - Calabar coastal rail was a Jonathan project. Buhari is only expected to build on it.
[/size]

Jonathan project? [size=18pt]grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size] Build on what?

That he used to campaign abi?.....or the one he spent all the money and could not get any to make the FG equity contribution
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by mapet: 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Firefire:

Is this a new rail line or same approved by last administration ?

Oh! Your ridiculousness has reached Otuoke level..... grin grin grin grin grin You now count MOU as completed project?

If your GEJ had honoured the terms of the MOU he signed, will PMB have to go sign another one?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by mapet: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

MrMandilas:

:

You should have made the point earlier. It is a coastal railway, that it is passing waterside areas. I do not think Owerri is a coastal area. That is why Owerri is not there.
Besides, there is a future in-land rail line in the strategic plan to link PH to the North, through the Eastern cities

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by cutekhalifa(m): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ovamboland:

what a lost generation even before they can start. So train system that will cost about 30 units is not preferred to road trucking that will cost 100 units? You're an epic example of the failure of the country's educational systems and by extension the country itself.
I hope u will be the first to travel with Rt amaechi locomotive train,

dead trap....
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2016
cutekhalifa:
I hope u will be the first to travel with Rt amaechi locomotive train,

dead trap....

Your's is really a nut case, and getting to the level of psychological disorder.
I am not sure whether you saw the rail system in your hallucinations or you have the technical design on your table to determine it's a death trap.
Nigeria's problem has been shown conclusively on those thread not to leadership problem but more of irrational followers.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Double
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by MrMandilas: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
mapet:

Besides, there is a future in-land rail line in the strategic plan to link PH to the North, through the Eastern cities
I hope so
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by cutekhalifa(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ovamboland:

Your's is really a nut case, and getting to the level of psychological disorder.
I am not sure whether you saw the rail system in your hallucinations or you have the technical design on your table to determine it's a death trap.
Nigeria's problem has been shown conclusively on those thread not to leadership problem but more of irrational followers.
abeg before u enter amaechi death trap please write ur will, hug ur family and give ur wife a goodbye kiss... Dunce
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by dklex(m): 6:03am On Apr 16, 2016
herbie27:
So PDP expert stole the budget and padded it.

Your so gullible and i am so sorry 4 u at dis moment.

I guess PDP is at the helms of affairs in this country presently.

U can't even calm down to write properly, so is Buhari that padded it, don't u know corruptions is in the DNA of our NASS members, most of them unrepentant pdp thieves.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
dklex:

U can't even calm down to write properly, so is Buhari that padded it, don't u know corruptions is in the DNA of our NASS members, most of them unrepentant pdp thieves.
Mr Lecturer kindly correct me were i made mistakes in my sentences else you jst referred to urself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

June 12: Mr Macaroni Joins Protesters In Lagos (Photo) / Buhari’s Modest Farm Vs. Obasanjo Farm / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.