Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

The Best Game You've Ever Played - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Game You've Ever Played (20772 Views)

What's The Best Game You've Ever Played ? / Whats Ur Best Game On Ps3 / Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by sammytb(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
Why has no body mentioned MARIO, Hmmm funny shey, just joking. Welll as for me i do like Burnout And PES 2009
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by sjkeri(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
adeclem:

WOW! DOES IT MEAN NOBODY IN THE HOUSE HAS EVER PLAYED F.E.A.R? First Encounter Assault Recon, That game is the best military/vampire game ever designed, yet.
um,,,there are no vampires. just weird mutant guyses
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by heritage00(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
BEST GAME OF ALL TIME IS GOD OF WAR !!!!!
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by lexyman(m): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2009
shocked i've layed my hands on somany games,still contemplating either to choose uncharted 2 or ,
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by donugapi(m): 2:52am On Dec 02, 2009
Best game of all time by far is CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 and for soccer FIFA 10 is the bomb
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by tipsy289(m): 5:21am On Dec 02, 2009
I prefer first person shooting games and i'll usually play
Halo 3 (Online mode is awesome)
Call of Duty:World at War(Nazi Zombies with my roomates)
and a few others
I also dig Racing games
Need for Speed(the new one is becoming a traditional racing game),doesnt inlcude police chases and all that.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by tipsy289(m): 5:23am On Dec 02, 2009
oh lest i forget
Super Smash Bros Melee on Gamecube and the new one on Wii.
With people around,i'll play these most of the time
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2009
i dont play video games and i dont remember the last time i have played any.
all these XBOX360s, Wiis, PlayStation 3s, and all of that stuff. lol
but i heard Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, and Halo are some of the best games. its the hot thing right now.
but when i was little and had sleepovers at my friends house, we would place Vice City, or other bad video games. lol
then later we would pretend like we played SuperMario Brothers or something like that. lol
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by init4dmoni(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
mw2 on the 360 no doubt wink
just got left 4 dead 2 on my pc yesterday. . . . i can max it out with my new rig and wellll. . .its AwSoMe!! grin
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by steven17: 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
metal gear solid 4, period,
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2009
Winning Eleven

Pro Evolution Soccer

I don't like adventure games, lol
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Rapmoney(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ahh, omo na dat one, na small tin na!!!
1. Tekken
2.Street fighter
3.Mortal Kombat
4.Fighting Force 2
5.Super Mario
6.Double Dragon

That's all folks!!!
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
super maro anyday anytime wink
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by ask4frank: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2009
Try PES09
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by heroes1983(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2009
alright homies, if you want games i got GAME. dont have time to type the list now, so ill just paste screenshots of the PC games iv got. i can burn on a dvds and send it to you with instructions on how to install. but offcourse for a token. PM me or email cee2men@yahoo.co.uk.

Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by EscoDonny: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
Max Payne and NBA2K10
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by SwtzMinx(f): 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2009
.itz gat to be the sims 2, hitman, GtA,
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Epi: 11:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
Thought I should share this
««▓▓▓│◄││

The Lowdown on Video Games Consoles

The main three video games consoles kids (and adults) drool over these days, compete for every little dollar. And then there are the portable game consoles, such as the PSP and Nintendo DS, not to mention the Gameboy. Add a few qualifiers like "advance" or "lite" and, well, huh?

With the holidays coming, a lot of people wonder what games and consoles their kids want the most. Fortunately, all of your questions get answered right now so you'll be primed and ready for the season.

There are three main game consoles: the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360, and the Playstation 3. Each has its own problems and merits, so let's consider them one at a time.

1. Nintendo Wii
Advantages: Inexpensive, lots of active games involving exercise or physical exertion, excellent family-friendly games

Disadvantages: Many gamers don't consider the Wii a "real" console because its games are primarily aimed at young children, families, or people who don't play a lot of video games (ie, more accessible titles). Hardcore video game players tend to give the Wii a miss.

Verdict: An excellent choice for families with school age children.

2. Playstation 3
Advantages: At the other end of the spectrum is the PS3. This is the king of video game consoles, with rich graphics, online capability, and a built-in blu ray player.

Disadvantages: The PS3 is notoriously expensive and its games tend to be very realistic, gritty, and graphic. There are a lot of games consisting of language and themes inappropriate for children.

Verdict: An excellent choice for hardcore gamers, especially college age students.

3. Xbox 360
Advantages: Xbox 360 is a nice middle of the road choice, with a decent mix of family friendly and "hardcore" gaming titles.

Disadvantages: Doesn't have quite the graphics capability of the PS3. Also, game content can still be an issue for some families.

Verdict: A good choice for high school students or gamers who don't want to shell out for the PS3.

With these facts in mind, decide between video games consoles this season with confidence.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2009
inspiROHM:

Jeez!!!! haven't any of you guys tried CRYSIS; a ground breaking and the most graphically intense game ever built. The graphics requirements is so intense that it could not be ported to the console. Play Station 3 of all consoles could not handle CRYSIS. So intense you need like 1 Gig dedicated VGA card (not windows vista allocated), 4 gig DDR2 RAM and a Corei7 or AMD Phemon II X4 processor to actually enjoy the game. Anything less the system will simply hang and jeez on my logitech 5.1 you actually hear an enemy approach from behind! It was actually encoded in 5.1 Dolby digital and if you do not have a 5.1 digital capable audio card like creative series,  it will switch back to stereo automatically. Wow!! welcome to the lushest and most beautiful jungle you have ever seen in a game. The A.I. and wide area of choice of movement is out of this world. How you solve the levels or get by enemies or bring them down are up to you. The game rewards good military strategy. Hmm my character Prophet died like 113 times before i could cross the second mission. By then i had mastered the game. Shoot at trees and the leaves actually fall off and the branches get chopped off by the bullets coming from your SCAR rifle. I just bought CRYSIS WARHEAD the sequel to CRYSIS. Thoroughly engaging game.

Preview a captured scene from CRYSIS http://www.thekoalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/crysis068.jpg

Dude I played Crysis on PS3 through yellow dog's linux so what are you talking about? Intensifying the requirements to run a game on PC doesn't make it superior. I played same game on PC and many games on consoles beats it to the curb. The best graphics ever thing was a hype and was because coding for current gen consoles weren't fully understood when cryisis came out. I doubt you have played crysis your self cause if you have you'll know many console games of this generation beats it.

And, the game play sucks so much more. I'd rather play far cry 2. If consoles can handle farcry2 what is crysis? Hype hype. I doubt you've played the game self if you have, then you have a bad taste.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by sugafoot(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2009
You guys should try 'THE THING' PC version- awesome graphics and no easy cheats which puts ur IQ to test. Awesome is the word.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by xterra2(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
Mine by far is:
Call of duty:Modern warfare 2-This i a must haave game and best fps
Grand theft Auto:IV
Fifa 10
EA grand slam tennis(on wii with wii motion plus-its like you are actually playing it)
Gears of war 2
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by vowiski(m): 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
Tetris
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by init4dmoni(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
Epi:

Thought I should share this
««▓▓▓│◄││

The Lowdown on Video Games Consoles

The main three video games consoles kids (and adults) drool over these days, compete for every little dollar. And then there are the portable game consoles, such as the PSP and Nintendo DS, not to mention the Gameboy. Add a few qualifiers like "advance" or "lite" and, well, huh?

With the holidays coming, a lot of people wonder what games and consoles their kids want the most. Fortunately, all of your questions get answered right now so you'll be primed and ready for the season.

There are three main game consoles: the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360, and the Playstation 3. Each has its own problems and merits, so let's consider them one at a time.

1. Nintendo Wii
Advantages: Inexpensive, lots of active games involving exercise or physical exertion, excellent family-friendly games

Disadvantages: Many gamers don't consider the Wii a "real" console because its games are primarily aimed at young children, families, or people who don't play a lot of video games (ie, more accessible titles). Hardcore video game players tend to give the Wii a miss.

Verdict: An excellent choice for families with school age children.

2. Playstation 3
Advantages: At the other end of the spectrum is the PS3. This is the king of video game consoles, with rich graphics, online capability, and a built-in blu ray player.

Disadvantages: The PS3 is notoriously expensive and its games tend to be very realistic, gritty, and graphic. There are a lot of games consisting of language and themes inappropriate for children.

Verdict: An excellent choice for hardcore gamers, especially college age students.

3. Xbox 360
Advantages: Xbox 360 is a nice middle of the road choice, with a decent mix of family friendly and "hardcore" gaming titles.

Disadvantages: Doesn't have quite the graphics capability of the PS3. Also, game content can still be an issue for some families.

Verdict: A good choice for high school students or gamers who don't want to shell out for the PS3.

With these facts in mind, decide between video games consoles this season with confidence.

uhm. . . . . dis is very wrong ooooo
the ps3 doesn't have better graphics than the 360!!!!!
the ps3 is a shiiity console. . . .period
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by oneminman(m): 1:15am On Dec 09, 2009
Its gotta be Fifa 10 on the PS3. real Football.
MGS 4, Killzone 2 and GTA4 also great titles.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2009
Wow so much games nd i'vent played a quarter. I think some of u guys do not reside in Nigeria cos sum of ur stuffs are , wow. Are god of war nd fifa soccer dat cool. Maybe i need to check back on them
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by tok1879: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2009
Wow! So much FAIL. Uhm, SoTC anyone? No?
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by inspiROHM(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ 9jaganja

how in the world could you play Crysis on yellow dog linux? It was built strictly for windows platform. For you to get the best of this game, your system or whatever you have must be equipped with direct x 9.0c or direct x 10  which I know never comes with linux so who is hyping here? The VGA card of the system must not be any less than 784 MB for you to even get a stable 30fps (frame rates per second) display with a full HD resolution like 1280 x 1024 pixels, which is not even the best. Try CRYSIS in the above resolution with 60fps-90fps with my card ATI HD4970, you will pick your jaw from the floor throughout the gameplay.

9jaganja, I first used the linux OS of the Red Hat distribution before I knew or touched any Windows OS. I know the Linux principles down to command line interface and the midnight commander very well.  So to install a windows based software you have to have a strong affiliation with the linux command line interface and the midnight commander.

For you to  even try what you just said, you have to virtualize Windows XP which is mighty slow on PS3. Alternatively you have to install WINE in your Yellow Dog Linux.

9jaganja THERE IS NO EXISTING WINE INSTALLATION FOR YELLOW DOG LINUX > http://www.winehq.org/download/ THIS MEANS THAT CRYSIS NEVER INSTALLED ON YOUR PS3. SO YOU WERE SIMPLY LYING TO GET MY ATTENTION WHICH I  APPLAUD YOU CAUSE YOU ACTUALLY DID GET MY ATTENTION. EVEN IF YOU INSTALLED WINE BY HOOK OR CROOK WHICH I KNOW LINUX DOES NOT TAKE HOOK OR CROOK, YOU CAN NEVER RUN CRYSIS ON PS3 CAUSE THE GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNIT CANNOT HANDLE DIRECT X 9 NOT TO TALK OF DIRECT X 10 GAMES LIKE CRYSIS. DIRECT X 9 AND DIRECT X 10 CAN NEVER RUN WITH THE GPU (GRAPHICS PROCESSOR UNIT) OF PS3. THIS IS BECAUSE THE 3D COMPUTER GRAPHICS API SOFTWARE USED IN THE PS3 IS LibGCM and PSGL, BASED ON OpenGL ES AND NVIDIA'S CG. THAT MEANS DIRECT X 9/10 BASED GAMES ARE OUT OF THE QUESTION.

EVERYONE THAT TRIED VIRTUALIZING WINDOWS IN YELLOW DOG INSTALLED IN PS3 RECORDED A DISASTER. THE PS3 OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH IS PLAYSTATION 3 SYSTEM SOFTWARE WAS NEVER OPTIMIZED TO HANDLE SUCH A BOMB AS CRYSIS. TRY YOUR 3 KOBO LIES SOMEWHERE ELSE; WHO KNOWS THE GULLIBLE DOGS WILL GOBBLE EVERY SCRAP YOU THROW AT THEM.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by Mavor: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
Vagrant Story(Playstation), best game ever
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by H2O2: 1:31am On Dec 15, 2009
Aside from the Nintendo classics and Mortal Combat.

NBA2k5. I spent precious hours of my life online playing that game.
It's fun competing.
Re: The Best Game You've Ever Played by calabaman(m): 1:49am On Dec 15, 2009
Sega megadrive: sonic the hedgehog supernintendo: street fighter 2 turbo Atari: Packman Ps1: Syphon filter and mgs Ps2:God of war Ps3:Call of duty 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Beautiful Nigerian Mobile Games That Lit Up 2016 / Fifa 15 Out On September 26 !!! Is Nigeria Going To Be Included This Time ? / Make Your Pc Game Request!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.