Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

My Experience At The National Library Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience At The National Library Today (1150 Views)

Newly Appointed Boss Of National Library Commission Pictured With A Nairalander / Newly Appointed Boss Of National Library Commission Pictured With A Nairalander / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The National Library Today by kunyeo(m): 4:59am On Apr 13, 2016
I had gone to the Nigerian National Library Yaba ,Lagos
to collect ISBN for my new book and what I experienced surprised me. This institution used to be a citadel of anything goes,where money for payment is made on the counter. Of course you can guess the rest as most government funds never get to government coffers. But now the new system is that all payments are now paid through banks.You can guess the rest. Currupton is limited. I want to believe this is what applies in most government institutions. Though a bit more inconveniencing I was happy that things for the first time is being done right in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by Khd95(m): 5:12am On Apr 13, 2016
My brother,even in my sch,if u want to pay for ID card of N500 from the sch,they will tell u to go to portal nd make d payment,print the page out,take it to sch bursar,them to admin block,make a copy nd drop one there,nd also take one copy to where u convert it to reciept b4 u can tender d reciept to collect the ID card...thats a crazy bureaucratic set up

But i tell u,its d best,all dis monies enters a single accnt,which will be difficult to loot or mismanged.

Lest i forget,iam plus1 todaycheesygrin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by amtaken(f): 5:25am On Apr 13, 2016
I quite agree with you ; the money gets into a single account to make it easier for Buhari to use it to fight his political opponents.

Khd95:
My brother,even in my sch,if u want to pay for ID card of N500 from the sch,they will tell u to go to portal nd make d payment,print the page out,take it to sch bursar,them to admin block,make a copy nd drop one there,nd also take one copy to where u convert it to reciept b4 u can tender d reciept to collect the ID card...thats a crazy bureaucratic set up

But i tell u,its d best,all dis monies enters a single accnt,which will be difficult to loot or mismanged.

Lest i forget,iam plus1 todaycheesygrin
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by Aliyeous(m): 5:58am On Apr 13, 2016
d beauty of tsa

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:
I quite agree with you ; the money gets into a single account to make it easier for Buhari to use it to fight his political opponents.
I guess his political opponents happen to be members of your families or sponsors. Why do you bother so much? smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by amtaken(f): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2016
Even if you are his only political opponent and he fights you for that I would still be bothered.

sonOfLucifer:

I guess his political opponents happen to be members of your families or sponsors. Why do you bother so much? smiley
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:
Even if you are his only political opponent and he fights you for that I would still be bothered.

Aww... good to know you've got my corrupt back. kiss kiss
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by benzion72(m): 8:44am On Apr 13, 2016
Please how much is charged. for ISBN. i am working on a book thanks
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by Aviero: 8:54am On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:

Dumbest comment ever!
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by kunyeo(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2016
benzion72:
Please how much is charged. for ISBN. i am working on a book thanks

N3,500
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by amtaken(f): 11:45am On Apr 13, 2016
E pain am grin

Aviero:
Dumbest comment ever!
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by benzion72(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
kunyeo:

N3,500

Thank you so much, what other requirement do they need for the ISBN thanks
Re: My Experience At The National Library Today by kunyeo(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
benzion72:

Thank you so much, what other requirement do they need for the ISBN thanks

1 . Application letter for ISBN on a letter head paper of a publishing company.
2.Photocopy of a CAC certificate(publishing coy)
3.Dummy of the book to be published for sighting.
4.N3,500 -paid into bank and N1,000 administrative fee.

(1) (Reply)

Errors Are Not Peculiar To Nigerians. (See Proof) / Waec Releases Result With Amazing Scores By Students. / Master's Degree In Economics In UI Vs UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.