Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? (8641 Views)

Poll: Functional or Attractive wife,which would you opt for?

Functional: 70% (146 votes)
Attactive: 29% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Male Teachers And Attractive Female Students / Would You Prefer A Nigerian Lady For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
illusion2:

OBJ's extreme na. . . .I can't marry a monkey ! however,a man needs a functioning home,not some prima donna !

hahahahahaha.
I am sure there are functionally cute women jare, so we will be fine
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
abi. better get one with both qualities intact grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Nezan(m): 10:08am On Aug 07, 2009
Amigoz:

Lol

I just had to laugh @ d topic @ 'functional'

Is she like some remote u control !! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Jairzinho(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
many thanks for all your contributions
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by olasboy: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
Have u guys heard of mona lisa?

Empty brain in a beautiful (sorry attractive body) is non sense.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2009
olasboy:

Have u guys heard of mona lisa?

Empty brain in a beautiful (sorry attractive body) is non sense.

Isnt Mom Lisa the babe that acts in nigerian movies?
i thot i heard she is very smart and industrious?
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by denny4ril: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2009
b4 u all decide or even re-decide ur choice, read all it takes to keep a date and marriage alive at http://romance-gists..com
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
Jairzinho:

many thanks for all your contributions

is this a vote of thanks? meaning you're closing the thread now or what?
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Donvilo(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2009
I would hav prefered both but at cases where a matter of choices arises, I would go for the functional one. She will look more than the attractive one in that aspect. kiss
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
don't aim low brother. both are possible grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by funcy: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Well from my own side i always prefer a beautiful and attractive type but should in case the character is not there what do i do?i have to go for functional but if i can get attractive with good character i will love,
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
funcy:

Well from my own side i always prefer a beautiful and attractive type but should in case the character is not there what do i do?i have to go for functional but if i can get attractive with good character i will love,

This explains why a man will cheat.
Cos one day you will find a woman that is so gorgeous and you will lust after her.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by DeepSight(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
Truth be told. Fellows be real,

Frankly i am not surprised at the majority choice of the "functional woman",  its so sad most of you view your wives as hoovers or washing machines.

In Livis Pasione. There is Passion in Life.

Life is also short.

Why, o why, would i not want a scandalously beautiful woman, tall, dark, elegant, with a wild unk of sexuality, and a love of high heels and waist chains,  anklets too,

It would make my head spin, my pulse race, and my blood feel alive,

The ridiculous assumption is being made that such a woman cannot also be intelligent or hardworking. Of course there are lots like that. All my ex girlfriends are like that.

If i need a cook, i'll hire one, if i need a house-tender, i'll pay your functional wife to come do the chores for me, while i reflect upstairs on what next i will be doing to please my Aphrodite, my Venus, my sexy dark queen,  yes, with those blood-red nails of hers and her, o dear, its getting to me now,

Postscript: Plain truth fellas, is alot of naija guys dont have the nerve to talk to, date or marry a stunning woman. That's crap.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
you could make the attractive one 'functional'. that way you have both. grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
George_D:

you could make the attractive one 'functional'. that way you have both. grin

How do u make someone functional?
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by oyinda3(f): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
a wealthier man will prefer attractive. a maid or househelp can take care of the house functions
while a poor man will prefer a homely/ functional wife.

paris hilton vs martha stewart topic much?
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2009
oyinda.:

a wealthier man will prefer attractive. a maid or househelp can take care of the house functions
while a poor man will prefer a homely/ functional wife.

paris hilton vs martha stewart topic much?

Functional dont have to be just in kitchen and domesticated duties, could even be how the woman acts towards life.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by oyinda3(f): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
true but usually most pick one over the other. it's quite difficult to balance both. It is doable of course but a lot of work! so most usually don't try it.
I watch this show on tv about a lady who has 6 kids but never wear sweatpants. she always wears fashionable clothes and takes care of herself and I wondered how in the world she was able to do this!! turns out she has a nanny for the kids! and her house is huuuge. she does the attractive part and a maid takes care of the house functions. lol

yea i agree with u that function has different definitions but this is the op's definition -->

Funtional: Cooks well,manages the home,great with kids,has a job & would score B+ in bed BUT not really beautiful.

Attractive: Not really homely,very attractive,knows how to spend money(latest Louis Vuitton bag,matching make-up with dress,shoe & bag etc) & does miracles in the bedroom.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by mamagee6(f): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Good Question. tongue
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by candylips(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2009
Answer
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by ooluyemi: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
As for me, i would go for a functional wife.There's no way u'l b a fuctional wife and not look beautiful.Everything wil be in order in your home. The woman herself wil b conscious of her look& charisma.As long as her body parts are where they're suposed to b not one eye at the front and d other at the back, I wil go for functional woman grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

through education and training.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
George_D:

through education and training.

That is great, however, dont marry someone based on the thot that you might be able to change her/him from the old ways to how you think is better.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
education changes people. you would not be here today but for education.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Jairzinho(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2009
True
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
what makes a woman to be referred to as functional? many things are involved, there is the place for learning the rudiments of a successful marriage

visit www.gethimbacktips..com for more info
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
George_D:

education changes people. you would not be here today but for education.

So send her to school of marriageoloy
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
don't be absurd, bros.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by tallgal(f): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2010
Who says a functional wife can't be good in bed? All it takes is enough pampering and a good makeover to turn a functional wife into an attractive one (watch any Tyra Banks show and you'll see what I mean). So go for the functional wife, your love will turn the attractiveness inside to the outside.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Jairzinho(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2010
tallgal:

Who says a functional wife can't be good in bed? All it takes is enough pampering and a good makeover to turn a functional wife into an attractive one (watch any Tyra Banks show and you'll see what I mean). So go for the functional wife, your love will turn the attractiveness inside to the outside.
So are you a functional or attractive babe ? wink
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by tallgal(f): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2010
Both.
Re: Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? by Jairzinho(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2010
tallgal:

Both.
Hmmm. . . . .interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. / My Friend's Wife Is Loyal To Her Mother And Ignores Her Husband / How My Daughter Died Last Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.