Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says (22263 Views)

2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu / Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Goahead:
太晚了慢性子

Exactly cry cry cry cry
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Leke001: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
please,wetin bubu dey take na?...trophy or big stout

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by orbkaf(f): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dahveydson:
Of course!

I know what PMB say won't be palatable with people who were quiet while their hero lay waste to our resources for 6 years, but the few reasonable ones understand and know that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Things may look shaky at the moment, but I am confident that we are on the right track.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless ur wisdom, God bless Nigeria.
We are going to higher places.

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by aleshiko: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
May الله remove our hardship in Nigeria امين ياالله
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
undecided
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Doyin2(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
nsedet:
This government is the biggest scam in the history of this country. They are the true diffinition of corruption walai

Scam?

Which government is the biggest scammer??

A PDP 16 year government,with trillions of Naira looted and wasted down the drain and left us with no stable power,fuel importation as an oil producer,low foreign reserve,high poverty rate and very high debt burden,etc, or a 11 month old APC government that is still grasping with how to fix all the mess?

Search your soul!
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by pheliciti: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
godoluwa:
u mean with the establisment of federal universities across d country, re-awakening of railway service etc GEJ is still a failure?
Universities? Without maintaining the existing? Show me pictures of any of those universities that is functional as we speak.
We've had railways since the 1920s yet at that time it didn't take up to 24 hours to go from Lagos to Kano. GEJ after spending billions on Railways left us with a rail system that took 48hours to get to Kano from Lagos and you in your wisdom call that re-awaken? Fear God!

2 Likes

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Mboi2: 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
jmichlins:
The whole smart people of this nation knows this only the fools assume not. Even people that condemn your travels one left for spain to watch ordinary football with taxpayers money while another just came to see you in china but we do not mind them
So you agree that your President brainless and stupid because if he is smart as you said, he should've known during campaign and when he quickly apportions blames that there is no quick fix for Nigeria' s problems.
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by danielicon(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
Doyin2:

Scam?

Which government is the biggest scammer??

A PDP 16 year government,with trillions of Naira looted and wasted down the drain and left us with no stable power,fuel importation as an oil producer,low foreign reserve,high poverty rate and very high debt burden,etc, or a 11 month old APC government that is still grasping with how to fix all the mess?

Search your soul!

shut the f*_ck up...what do u know??
16 years of what ?? the destruction of the sovereign structure of Nigeria as a sovereign state happened a long time ago in the military regime... they destroyed the economy which buhari is also one of them. Buhari for the past one year has taken time to prove his incompetency
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Banks22(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
kutchs:
When did he come to that realization, before the elections or after?
I can remember vividly how this man and his band of crooks went about town undermining all the efforts of the Jonqthan's administration to fix Nigeria.
I can remember how he promised to fix Nigeria within one year of his office.
I can remember the names they called Jonathan.
I can remember one of his lieutenant St Fashola telling his gullible followers that providing 24 hours electricity supply isn't rocket science.
I can remember the millions of promises he and party made.
Reasonable Nigerians know it isn't a day's job but you deceived many, so do the little you can and run away you are a waste and a big disgrace.

Its high time u leave Jona alone and let him rest, cos he was the reason for his own failure, so stop crying for him. Wen Yar'adua died I was one of many dat went and protect @ the freedom Lagos for Jona to be the president I can remember Femi Falana calling out to the SS leaders to join the wagon but they are afraid untill OBJ took the the battle and some well meaning Nigerian, same OBJ u IPOD can't stand now. He was the president for Six year no meaning development in ur region not to talk of nigeria. He was der wen all the looting where going say stealing is not corruption and we never had light, he borrowed and even the the borrowed money was looted #DasukiGate and co. Now u said PMB promised u heaven on earth in 11Month U,ve condemn him. When ur Jona can't even give in six Years. U need help.
#NigeriaWillBeGreatAgain.

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
Doyin2:

Kindly provide evidence to show that PMB promised to fix Nigeria within one year!

Of course 24 hr electricity is not rocket science,but that does not mean Fashola said it would be attained within one year,what past governments could not provide in at least 16years!.
You mean Nigeria problems started 16 years ago. You don't want to talk about the role Buhari and his fellow generals played to put Nigeria in this condition.
When Buhari toppled an elected government in 1983 how many power stations did he build?
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Doyin2(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
You mean Nigeria problem started 16 years ago. You don't want to talk about the role Buhhari and his fellow generals played to put Nigeria in this condition.
When Buhari toppled an elected goverment in 1983 how many power station did he build?

Power stations within how many months of his short regime? Habaa!

Any way I learnt he was the brain behind all the refineries in Nigeria,I would accept any correction to that effect??More so Nigeria was far better in 1983 to 1984, than he met it in 2015!

PMB left Nigeria as a petrol producing country then, but came back to meet Nigeria as a petrol importing country!!!!!

By the way I am only comparing an APC government v PDP government,please,

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Doyin2(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
danielicon:

shut the f*_ck up...what do u know??
16 years of what ?? the destruction of the sovereign structure of Nigeria as a sovereign state happened a long time ago in the military regime... they destroyed the economy which buhari is also one of them. Buhari for the past one year has taken time to prove his incompetency

I am challenging you on an intellectual discus!

Although I do not support military rule,but I still need to prove to you that Nigeria was even better(sadly) under military rule,than under PDP 16 year rule!

Which economic indices should we exploit?

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by stankezzy: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Na so

3 Likes

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Haha so he knows that?
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by larssDON(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mtchewwwwwww,bundles of THEIFS cryh
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by habsydiamond(m): 12:02am On Apr 14, 2016
presido tell dem. things don spoil pass be careful. change comes with time. if u want change u have to be patient. God bless naija. bless presido. bless ekiti.

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by puffcity: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2016
kutchs:
I can remember vividly how this man and his band of crooks went about town undermining all the efforts of the Jonqthan's administration to fix Nigeria.
I can remember one of his lieutenant St Fashola telling his gullible followers that providing 24 hours electricity supply isn't rocket science.
Reasonable Nigerians know it isn't a day's job but you deceived many, so do the little you can and run away you are a waste and a big disgrace.
u are just a looser

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by viccassi(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2016
Doyin2:

I am challenging you on an intellectual discus!

Although I do not support military rule,but I still need to prove to you that Nigeria was even better(sadly) under military rule,than under PDP 16 year rule!

Which economic indices should we exploit?

Based on your ascertion, would you reliably confirm that the president started on a good footing with regards to fixing the country?

Because as far as I can see, the only thing that is binding on all Nigerians is the Nigerian constitution which is currently useless to use to build /figjt corruption. Especially when it covers efcc dss icpc and the rest.

All I am saying is for the president to be on track, the constitution should be amended with the same law for everybody no matter the party affiliation. Anything short of this is a waste of time because nothing is really cast in stone.
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by amtaken(f): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Why didn't you say that during your campaign?

Most of these problems emanated from your harsh policies.
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Doyin2(m): 12:32am On Apr 14, 2016
viccassi:

Based on your ascertion, would you reliably confirm that the president started on a good footing with regards to fixing the country?

Because as far as I can see, the only thing that is binding on all Nigerians is the Nigerian constitution which is currently useless to use to build /figjt corruption. Especially when it covers efcc dss icpc and the rest.

All I am saying is for the president to be on track, the constitution should be amended with the same law for everybody no matter the party affiliation. Anything short of this is a waste of time because nothing is really cast in stone.

Well let me agree with a not too good start.But hey, in a marathon race,which is more important,the finish or the start?

Unless you do not accept that fixing Nigeria is not a 100 meters dash!

So do not be surprised if you see me carry placard ''APC must go'' in few years time!!!!
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by otemanuduno: 12:35am On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan vandalise the country
Jonathan sef
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by otemanuduno: 12:38am On Apr 14, 2016
olahero:
May God help us... Nigeria is in need of patience.
Patience? Will you keep quiet? princpal, Na only you waka come? Chai! chai! diarisgodo.

Hope that's not the Patience you meant grin

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by Elxandre(m): 12:39am On Apr 14, 2016
trillville:

More Universities when graduates do not have jobs? Pls what railway are you talking about? I hope it is not the 1920's locomotives he purchased you are referring too.
Is universities only about getting more workforce or grooming youths capable of creating jobs?

Ignorance!

1 Like

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:40am On Apr 14, 2016
kutchs:

May God bless you my brother!... You just said exactly my mind!
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Doyin2:

Kindly provide evidence to show that PMB promised to fix Nigeria within one year!

Of course 24 hr electricity is not rocket science,but that does not mean Fashola said it would be attained within one year,what past governments could not provide in at least 16years!.

You are soo brainl*ss, your own level of Zombiesm is alarming

2 Likes

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by mideactive: 12:47am On Apr 14, 2016
Go n sleep,Jonathan is d past Nigeria is moving ahead.if he's loved n wanted by Nigerians,,2019 is so near..

kutchs:
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by anonimi: 12:49am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by anonimi: 12:53am On Apr 14, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by xandy84: 1:00am On Apr 14, 2016
On the railway. Some of those railway GEJ bought are better than the ones we use here in Chicago. I'm not a fan of GEJ but to expect bullet trains is to ask for too much of him.

trillville:

More Universities when graduates do not have jobs? Pls what railway are you talking about? I hope it is not the 1920's locomotives he purchased you are referring too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by bejeria101(m): 1:09am On Apr 14, 2016
See yaba left candidate,na me cause the problem abi? I dey argue didnt knw say dis guy memory short gan,guy Go by RAM!
Re: No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says by anonimi: 1:10am On Apr 14, 2016
xandy84:
On the railway. Some of those railway GEJ bought are better than the ones we use here in Chicago. I'm not a fan of GEJ but to expect bullet trains is to ask for too much of him.

Is Chicago not where Tinubu was in the US?
Yet for 17 years the progreTHIEF administrations of Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode could not do what Jonathan achieved in 5 years.
Even after chopping $1 billion loan that Lagosians must repay. angry shocked
APC = HYPOCRISY = APC.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

TTC in talks to sell old trains to Lagos. Are they safe enough?
AUGUST 10, 2011

As Toronto trainspotters gleefully take maiden rides on the TTC's Rocket, commuters in Lagos, Nigeria may be about to get some new trains of their own. Our old ones.

A TTC spokesperson has confirmed that the commission is negotiating with a private group to sell up to 260 used train cars to the West African megacity's new transit project.

"I can confirm that the TTC is in discussion with a third party that wants to purchase trains for Lagos," said commission spokesperson Brad Ross. "Over a period of time, they will be taken out of service and then transported over to Nigeria."

The cars being considered for sale are the TTC's old H-5 and H-6 models, which will be decommissioned as the TTC rolls out its new fleet of Rockets. Ross predicts the earliest they could be shipped to Nigeria is sometime in 2012.

Traffic snarls are already a major economic problem in the Nigerian capital, a booming city that will reach an estimated population of 25 million by 2015. A new above-ground rail system designed to carry 1.5 million people a day has already broken ground, and Lagos Governor Babtunde Fashola has said it "will be the most multi-dimensional and most impactful" of the government's efforts to reduce traffic congestion.

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

"More often than not, politicians favour rail transit because it is more expensive," Haider said. "It's almost useless in some cases, and less productive in most cases, than a bus system. But you can't buy busses for $30 billion. You can inflate prices and make a lot of money buying a rail system."

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Asks Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon/amnesty To Treasury Looters / Anambra State Rural Roads Construction Continues (Photos) / Court Revokes Orji Kalu's Bail, Orders Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.