Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? (21668 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by PresVA: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
People making marriage such a big deal...

Someone asked the other day if women should change their signature after marriage, even state of origin grin grin

Maybe after marriage, a woman should do a total overhaul? Wonder if marriage makes one a different person ..

Does destroying sim cards stop her from contacting her ex if she wants to? undecided ...

Such a boring topic. ....
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by amtaken(f): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Awwwwww, thanks a lot.

About Buhari, sometimes I feel guilty for talking about someone older than my father.... grin

[quote author=domopps post=44685060][/quote]
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by joseph1832(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:

O yes I definitely will. I am so...awed by the depth of deep deep words of knowledge.

*sob*

Joseph 1832, come and marry me before I hit 25 angry
Babe, I thought we were already married? Or are you filing for divorce? grin grin grin
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Amerage(m): 8:22am On Apr 14, 2016
changing of number should come in handy when you get engage to a man especially when you know you still have some past that may later come to hunt to.
Believe me if you don't do exactly what he tell you to, you just writing for troubles in you home
Think and act fast

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by philomental: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairaland family.

Have been married for a couple of months now and my spouse have been disturbing and threatening me to dispose my sim cards that everything about me needs to change since am now a married woman.He complain alot about frequent calls by my ex,to be sincere I have nothing to do with anyone again since am married and have explain to him but he wouldn't listen.I told him I have other business partners that calls on this same number and one of this line is for business and am well known with it,am scared I might lose some vital businesses or contracts due to this.I told him but all proved aborted.This has been an issue and am fed up.Is it mandatory after I changed name I should also change number? PLZ ADVICE ME

The whole thing boils down to one thing, TRUST. Maybe your oga does not TRUST you. You should try and make he TRUST YOU BY ALL....MEANS.

If I may ask:
How and where did u guys meet and start dating?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2016
joseph1832:
Babe, I thought we were already married? Or are you filing for divorce? grin grin grin
It's re-marriage. A re-affirmation of our love grin
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by joseph1832(m): 8:55am On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:

It's re-marriage. A re-affirmation of our love grin
Oh my... Now I'm blushing. Lol. I guess we should be doing this every month. grin lol.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by FeestoNOVA(m): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2016
The issue is Trust...your husband doesn't trust you enough...that been said, to make every one happy block your ex from calling you because that is his main concern
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Then it means you aren't mature enough for marriage. I am married doesn't mean I will automatically alienate the whole world. I am not so insecure that I will start crying blue murder because my husband's ex called him. If they remain friends it isn't a problem, as long as nothing is going on underneath.

I guess you missed the frequent part... Like your hubby will be gisting with ex every day... Shoo
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by mzEhmmy(f): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2016
xtervaganza:
you mean you're married and still speak with your ex on phone?

You can only try it with the fool you call husband.

This isn't needed to drive home ur point. The level of insolence ehhn
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by ehisendowed: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2016
byvan03:

Logic is far from the brain you typed that crap from. if cursing out is the only form of conversation you know, sorry I have no deal replying you anymore.

Take some chill pill ****...so you can reason and converse contructively
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by ehisendowed: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2016
byvan03:

Logic is far from the brain you typed that crap from. if cursing out is the only form of conversation you know, sorry I have no deal replying you anymore.

Take some chill pill ****...so you can reason and converse contructively
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Izyyblaze(f): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2016
PresVA:
People making marriage such a big deal...

Someone asked the other day if women should change their signature after marriage, even state of origin grin grin

Maybe after marriage, a woman should do a total overhaul? Wonder if marriage makes one a different person ..

Does destroying sim cards stop her from contacting her ex if she wants to? undecided ...
My thoughts exactly!
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Chomashear011: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2016
The question we should be asking is, how many of your ex's still calls u? With psychological insight into your story, it seems u av more dan one, it seems u r not ready for marriage or u want to become the elder wife very soon, yoruba call it (iyale) cos men look for the most ridiculous excuses to cheat n u r giving your husband a free to air decoder on cheating,. I can't pity u, cos every erring soul knows the right thing, do the right thing! U don't need our advice you just needed to share dis with someone. I almost slept with my married ex, ladies are sentimental, any unbalanced emotion n all can go wrong. If u were my brothers wife n I witness you receive a call from your ex. U r joining the chibok girls straight away
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by jnrbayano(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:

'incessantly'. That's the keyword there. Personally, I don't mind my husband's exes calling him, but when it becomes too much then there is a big problem. One thing people fail to remember is that their partners are adults. A person who wants to cheat will cheat and no amount of monitoring will change it. The decision not to cheat lies squarely on their shoulders, so even if I tell him 'change your sim', there are still thousands of ways for them to keep communicating.

When it becomes too much, then it is time for us to sit down and evaluate their relationship.

Let me give you an example. A lady came to us for counseling. She and her married ex are planning on cheating because they are yet to get over each other four years after breaking up. When her ex just newly got married, the man's wife who knew how tight they (the ex and her husband) had been before they broke up went to the man's facebook page to delete and block her, deleted her from BBM, blocked the lady from all the man's social media handles.

The man now sent the lady a message that his wife would try to contact her via whatsapp pretending to be him, and that she should play along. Of course she did. When Wifey contacted the lady on whatsapp, she cussed 'him' out and warned 'him' to stay with 'his wife' and leave her alone. grin

Satisfied, the man's wife blocked her on Whatsapp. So she has been blocked everywhere cheesy

But...

Whenever the man is not in town, he unblocks her, chat wetin dem wan chat, deletes it thereafter and blocks her again. On BBM the lady has no DP so the man has secretly readded her, and whenever they chat, they go private so the messages self-destruct after 5 minutes grin grin

She came for counseling because her conscience is beginning to prick her.

The wife thought she had taken care of the ex, not knowing that two years after her husband and the powerful ex are still at it.

It isn't about changing the sim, it's changing the mindset.

"Changing the mindset" I agree with you. cool

BUT, a wise woman will also grant this very wish to her husband while changing her mindset. smiley
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Acidosis:
You still talk frequently with your ex?

grin grin

And you're here claiming married woman? Madam you're not a married woman yet.

She is a very silly girl..

Her Ex still calls her. Attention crazy mugu..

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by itstpia8: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
It depends.

If your security is compromised, then change your number.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by mctowel01: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Then it means you aren't mature enough for marriage. I am married doesn't mean I will automatically alienate the whole world. I am not so insecure that I will start crying blue murder because my husband's ex called him. If they remain friends it isn't a problem, as long as nothing is going on underneath.
I don't think so. I m a guy, and i know a man cannot just remain friends with a woman, investing his time and money on calls, without having other thoughts that come along the way. Besides, Apart from business, what is he even discussing in the calls, that the woman's husband or family members cant?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by skywife: 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

This room shouldn't entertain insults or any foul language I only seek your advice we are all matured nah.A problem shared is half solve thats what I think and that's why am here.Moreover concerning my ex we don't have any intimacy again since am married, he only calls to know how am doing and he's happily married too and my spouse knows that as well, he only insist I change my number,with your advice have learnt so much.I really appreciate your contribution and advice it has really added peace to marriage may God bless you all!
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by itstpia8: 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
and what is the meaning of skywife?

are you one of those spies who are "in a relationship" with someone you're spying on, inside your head?

skywife ko, skywifi ni.

lord have mercy.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by GoodBoi1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairalanders,

This room shouldn't entertain insults or any foul language I only seek your advice we are all matured nah.A problem shared is half solve thats what I think and that's why am here.Moreover concerning my ex we don't have any intimacy again since am married, he only calls to know how am doing and he's happily married too and my spouse knows that as well, he only insist I change my number,with your advice have learnt so much.I really appreciate your contribution and advice it has really added peace to marriage may God bless you all!
So you had intimacy?! Why are you playing with fire?! You're fanning an old flame. If you are not careful you will burn oo
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by hooklover: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dminister:
God knows the very day I catch my wife speaking with her ex on the phone the same day she goes back to her parents.
Arrant nonsense!
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2016
tivta:

You are obviously very young...
spot on, most girls here saying its not necessary to change their numbers when their ex still calls are still single by nature, when you are confronted with such options in real life you will know better.
My wife still kept her number from when she was single, however if I was faced with a situation when ex is calling, I'm sure she won't think twice b4 she change her number and Im very sure she wont even wait for me to ask.Come to think of it, my ex is married why on earth will I wanna call her
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by erico2k2(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2016
mctowel01:

I don't think so. I m a guy, and i know a man cannot just remain friends with a woman, investing his time and money on calls, without having other thoughts that come along the way. Besides, Apart from business, what is he even discussing in the calls, that the woman's husband or family members cant?
I agree with you %100.If the pass bye each other say in public etc and they stand for a chat that's understandable, even babes don't like their present man to know their exes, they are not comfortable let alone married ones.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by tivta(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
erico2k2:

spot on, most girls here saying its not necessary to change their numbers when their ex still calls are still single by nature, when you are confronted with such options in real life you will know better.
My wife still kept her number from when she was single, however if I was faced with a situation when ex is calling, I'm sure she won't think twice b4 she change her number and Im very sure she wont even wait for me to ask.Come to think of it, my ex is married why on earth will I wanna call her
I wonder oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / 'my Husband Is Stingy, He Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff' - Wife Tells Court / Funny Things That Children Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.