Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted (15357 Views)

I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor / Finally, Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle Passed WAEC. The Change Is Real / JAMB 2016 UTME Experience: Read What Candidates Passed Through During The Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:
i tot u dn fimipa tele ni
i cal concernin adm stuf. 1 of my quests s.,if merit cutof 4 a course s 59.75 n som1's catchm area s 50.75, n d person scores exactly d catcharea cutof, wud e b admtd? bro pls b sincere..
you use too much abbreviations,it is bad bro.

13 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2016
Nicolars:
no ish with the awaiting result anyway
for ur target,last year cut off for philosophy was 53.64 and for oyo, it was 48.88
With 212, u av an aggregate of 26.5
Wouldn't advice you to target 48 as diz yrs cutoff, so let's take it as 55

So in pume, u will need to score 22/40
I've done d maths already.... U suld knw hw to do it ursef by now??
is it true that the maths question difficulty depend on your course?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babyfaceafrica: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2016
Did jamb 5 Times...was admitted to unilag,finished with. 2.1 ,will collect UI masters from This june...everything Na. God..its well

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by lilbarracuda(m): 7:15am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
Still passing through alot, 4yrs after sec school but yet to be admitted. I pray this year will not pass me by shaa

God will see you through
Ii spent 5 yrs at home
now at oau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 16, 2016
Primary school
Secondary school
WAEC and NECO
UTME and POSTUME but wasn't admitted
2 years Diploma.
POST-DE (direct entry exam)
Admitted to 200level.
Can't wait to graduate! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Jarus(m): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2016
I was fortunate. I had it very smooth.

Wrote WAEC once (8 distinctions), UME once (243 - both written in SSS3). Got admission into OAU without stepping into OAU to talk to anyone. A neighbour just came home to say he saw my name in OAU admission list. By the next year after SS3, I resumed in OAU.

7 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Dammysmart: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
Still passing through alot, 4yrs after sec school but yet to be admitted. I pray this year will not pass me by shaa
hi miss, do u mind Unilorin ?? if yes send me a message via my mailbox
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by zicky(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:

Umudike and Esut
Welcome to Mouau
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by asids55: 7:43am On Apr 16, 2016
gaining admission into a federal university now is as easy as ABC..my coz had 192 in jamb and still got admitted into funab. ..I was shocked when I heard
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
lipsrsealed this my 2nd time of writing jamb, u mean this ur 4yrs? This yr won't pass me by, i must study hard for the post utme i hope we are get admitted
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Mabelenena(f): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2016
[b][/b][/color]
Addicted2Women:
[color=#990000]Sorry, i didn't pass through anything before i got admitted into the university.
Here in America, we don't even need a high school diploma (Waec) to gain admission into the university.

And we don't need exams (Neco or aptitude test) before you gain admission, the only exam you will take is placement test, you can't fail it, even if your score is 0/10, you will still be admitted.

your own better o, we for naija just da spend money for jamb head every year.
But is the placement test like the aptitude test we write here??
Addicted2Women:
Sorry, i didn't pass through anything before i got admitted into the university.
Here in America, we don't even need a high school diploma (Waec) to gain admission into the university.

And we don't need exams (Neco or aptitude test) before you gain admission, the only exam you will take is placement test, you can't fail it, even if your score is 0/10, you will still be admitted.

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2016
asids55:
gaining admission into a federal university now is as easy as ABC..my coz had 192 in jamb and still got admitted into funab. ..I was shocked when I heard
why didn't u try unn of nsukka, mtchewww, that school frustrated me last yr, all my friends are now in school while am the last one left out
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Wrote waec and jamb in 2014, made all my papers in waec scored a score so low in Jamb my mother refused to speak to me for a week.

Worked for a while then enrolled in a jamb tutorial school, the best in my locality. I was always in the library there studying sotey people attending there with me started laughing at me. Well I didn't give up, made a good jamb score and wrote putme for the first and best university Unibadan..

Working towards my first semester exams now... likaboss cool

3 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Addicted2Women: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2016
Mabelenena:
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]

No, the placement test is not like aptitude test.
You can fail aptitude test but you can't fail placement test.
Placement test is to determine what class you will be placed in
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by chiwuike20: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:
oshe o, bor 1 of mai fwends says he merit geology n wasnt admtd. he scored 69. somtin 4rm osun wit a complete olevel-waec. wetin cause dat1 mai broda

People always hide the real reason they were not admitted. Unless u confirm his jamb, post ume scores and the aggregate against the cut-off mark for the said course of study, don't believe anything like "somebody merited the admission but wasn't admitted ", because it's pure garbage. Such statements make people who ought to be serious minded students lose faith in the education system and instead settle for short-cuts, such as bribing their way into school, and thus, making them unprepared for the herculean task in the university.

The truth is that when one merits an admission he gets it unconditionally. The only thing that can go wrong is that the said person may not have the required subject combination or O'level requirements which may be detrimental to his being admitted. That notwithstanding, some schools waive this deficiencies either by granting such person admission outrightly or by allowing him to change his course of study to one which suitable to his O'level requirement (the second is the most likely situation) .

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by enedoboy(f): 8:03am On Apr 16, 2016
dull admins >>What Did You Pass Through Before You Were Admitted Into A University Or Polythenic? « wrongly spelt headline

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by asids55: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2016
Zceesneh:
why didn't u try unn of nsukka, mtchewww, that school frustrated me last yr, all my friends are now in school while am the last one left out

me na old man ohh,I graduated a few years back,was just surprised cause during my time,you dare not get below 230 and say you want to think about entering a fed university
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:

my dear this year is surely yours. you will make it in jesus name. what course are you applying for? also don't forget to share the good news with us when you're a regular student of your chosen university ok? GOD BLESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Sorry, i didn't pass through anything before i got admitted into the university.

What about SAT?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2016
asids55:

me na old man ohh,I graduated a few years back,was just surprised cause during my time,you dare not get below 230 and say you want to think about entering a fed university
am angry fine fine babes i suppose dey chyke for school cry
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Oghumu1(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
This year!! Believe
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Akerry(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
pendusky:
I realize that you don't need to be in University or Polytechnic to rule this country and you will get many educated followers , That why I dropped out of School

I never went tru Higher institution...
ANOTHER LIE MOHAMMED SIGHTED
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Oghumu1(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:

And when u return to Nigeria with those grades, they be rushing you because u studied abroad. This country self ehn
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by africo13610(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2016
Had to write jamb 4tyms before gaining admission to university. But thank God cos i made a very good grade(first class) in d university. God time is d best

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2016
eitsei:
What did I pass through? Hmmmmm.... I sat jamb in 2013 and I always prayed it should be my one and only jamb and I chose Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) and university of Ibadan, got 221 in jamb and wrote both schools post Utme, scored above cut off in UI but didn't do well in FUTA... With this one would imagine UI should admit me but no I was not admitted after I had waited for them to release all their admission lists, FUTA also released their first batch admission list after which they released change of course list luckily for me my name was there but didn't apply for change of course because I wanted to go to UI but when UI didn't work out the deadline for change of course in FUTA had closed and they have released the names of those admitted through change of course and other lists too... So I lost hope in getting admitted that year, na so I go obtain another jamb for 2014 but God had other plans for me, the day I registered for another jamb was the day my name came out with final list of admitted students in FUTA.. Wow it was like a dream I couldn't believe it but it was real and my name came out a week to our resumption...Thank God I made it from one attempt
Hi.
Between UI and FUTA's exam, which is markedly tougher?
I have a reason for asking this?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by wizzyjamie: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Did jamb. 5. Times...was admiitted to unilag,finished with. 2.1 ,will collect UI masters from. This june...everything. Na. God..its well
how u take sabi say na june u.I masters form go come out
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by lacasera14(m): 8:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Wrote jamb 6 times, did predegree twice and finally in the polytechnic I got my admission into a university. currently in my sophomore year. Is my worse?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by pendusky(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2016
Akerry:
ANOTHER LIE MOHAMMED SIGHTED
Lol grin
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2016
chiwuike20:

People always hide the real reason they were not admitted. Unless u confirm his jamb, post ume scores and the aggregate against the cut-off mark for the said course of study, don't believe anything like "somebody merited the admission but wasn't admitted ", because it's pure garbage. Such statements make people who ought to be serious minded students lose faith in the education system and instead settle for short-cuts, such as bribing their way into school, and thus, making them unprepared for the herculean task in the university.

The truth is that when one merits an admission he gets it unconditionally. The only thing that can go wrong is that the said person may not have the required subject combination or O'level requirements which may be detrimental to his being admitted. That notwithstanding, some schools waive this deficiencies either by granting such person admission outrightly or by allowing him to change his course of study to one which suitable to his O'level requirement (the second is the most likely situation) .

The thing is admission slots are dominated by people who are connected leaving just a few people to struggle for the few slots left, hence incredibly high cut offs.

Schools that don't release cut off marks are incredibly evil.

Go to UNILORIN and ask.
That school is probably the most corrupt school in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by baba11(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2016
I didn't pass through a lot of stress as a person in gaining admission into higher institutions.As naturally brilliant and intelligent I'm,though I read a lot.Completed SSCE '02,was so sick some times spanning between the year '02-'03....Did GCE in the '03...pass with 6 distinctions including Maths and English....Did polyjamb that same year,I got admitted in the year '04 in polytechnic...at OND 2 first semester, I did unijamb exams...got admitted into the varsity to study engineering in the year '06 likewise the polytechnic...though the exams of the 2nd semester at the polytechnic almost coincided with that of the university, I still managed to pull it through without spending extra year in the polytechnic... Immediately after the completion of the polytechnic education,I resumed fully as a university student....completed this one in the year '11 with some outstanding academic feats....went for service in the year '12-13 ....start Msc during this period....Aliamdulilah, I'm now an OND,Bsc and Msc holder where the most latter here was obtained in January this year....So,the next thing to be done now should be MARRIAGE...Chai!!!!!I don try abi no be so

After this,considerations can then be made either to further my education abroad or not due to my dynamism tongue cool

5 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by barragan: 8:21am On Apr 16, 2016
Pds.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Addicted2Women: 8:21am On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

What about SAT?

What is SAT ?
You don't even need to go to Secondary school before you can gain admission into the university here in America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Apply For IT Scholarship / 2016/2017 Uniben Direct Entry Update / Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.