Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted (15359 Views)

I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor / Finally, Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle Passed WAEC. The Change Is Real / JAMB 2016 UTME Experience: Read What Candidates Passed Through During The Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by chiwuike20: 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:
tenks 4 enlightin m'
idodo oro lo ti so yen....uhmmmm...u r right 2 som extent....btw, r u a student of UNIGIDI?

Obafemi Awolowo University.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
chiwuike20:

that's good.....i'm an aspirant.though..UNILAG
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nicolars(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:
bigger u bro.......i really appreciate u
Amen, no p
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by boardmem(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jamb and Post Jamb!
Then Prayer sealed it.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
chiwuike20:

Chai see you
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
eitsei:
I would say FUTA because the post Utme is just 25 questions in 30 minutes CBT, 5 questions each from your jamb subjects combination and another 5 from general paper /current affairs, you maybe lucky all your questions maybe simple
But for UI post Utme just read your jamb textbooks very well and maybe some other books and you are good to go but for FUTA it's not really like that especially the current affairs they ask some things you can never think about, for example you maybe asked what's Obama's shoe size
Lol.
I actually wrote FUTA's last year (scored 68, 72), and I'll be writing UI's this year.

I am just baffled that UI's cut off are always very low, but many still fail to cross cut off.

Well working towards it by God's grace. smiley
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:

What is SAT ?
You don't even need to go to Secondary school before you can gain admission into the university here in America
I find this strange.

I'm wondering if you are serious or not.

But can you please teach me what SAT is used for in America?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by eitsei(m): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

Lol.
I actually wrote FUTA's last year (scored 68, 72), and I'll be writing UI's this year.

I am just baffled that UI's cut off are always very low, but many still fail to cross cut off.

OK... Wish you the best
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by eitsei(m): 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

Lol.

OK...go and find out yourself, Wish you the best
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Brownhypo: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
The Grace of God.
Wrote jamb, had 211, prayed and waited for admission... lo and behold I was given my desired course. Proudly dental student.
which school bro?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Brownhypo:
which school bro?
Unimaid
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Addicted2Women: 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

I find this strange.

I'm wondering if you are serious or not.

But can you please teach me what SAT is used for in America?

It is used for nothing.
No one will ask you to show the proof that you finished secondary school
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
The Grace of God.
Wrote jamb, had 211, prayed and waited for admission... lo and behold I was given my desired course. Proudly dental student.
Actually that was one part of my story
I registered for both CBT nd PPT in jamb in 2014. Sat for both and got 211 & 180. Was offered Human Physiology in ABU Zaria after sitting for their putme with 180 as jamb score, tho I applied for Medicine and surgery, and Dental surgery in Unimaid with 211. I thank God I didn't go through any stress in seeking for admission. I thank God for His blessings. He's been good to me cos I got two admissions two months after I finished secondary school. smiley
Everything na double-double!!!

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Mabelenena(f): 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:
No, the placement test is not like aptitude test.You can fail aptitude test but you can't fail placement test.Placement test is to determine what class you will be placed in
Wao! that's awesome. That's one good thing with the whites they are always straight to the point not naija that they re frustrating the lives of students.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
eitsei:
I would say FUTA because the post Utme is just 25 questions in 30 minutes CBT, 5 questions each from your jamb subjects combination and another 5 from general paper /current affairs, you maybe lucky all your questions maybe simple
But for UI post Utme just read your jamb textbooks very well and maybe some other books and you are good to go but for FUTA it's not really like that especially the current affairs they ask some things you can never think about, for example you maybe asked what's Obama's shoe size
i swear anybodi dat passes futa putme xpecially its general knowledge deserves 1 orijin..i av encountered it n i can attest 2 it dat it's acidic in nature
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by eitsei(m): 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:

i swear anybodi dat passes futa putme xpecially its general knowledge deserves 1 orijin..i av encountered it n i can attest 2 it dat it's acidic in nature
lol... What if the person no dey drink orijin?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by eitsei(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mabelenena:
Wao! that's awesome. That's one good thing with the whites they are always straight to the point not naija that they re frustrating the lives of students.
don't let her deceive you that's a lie.. You are holding a phone, Google search admission requirements for University education in the US and see for yourself

You can check out this link for more information

http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/undergraduate-study/applying/admissions-criteria
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
eitsei:
d person go receive 'omo u try oh!' shocked
eitsei:
d person go receive 'omo u try oh!'
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:

It is used for nothing.
No one will ask you to show the proof that you finished secondary school
Really so I could go to MIT or an ivy league school without any proof of previous schooling. Do you think everyone on Nairaland is an idiot?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by JayJustus(m): 3:37am On Apr 17, 2016
wrote WAEC once in 2011 had a 267...put in for UNILAG...long leg didn't get me through...people advised my dad since he was a UNILAG alumni that he should meet the association and ask for a space for me but being my dad (Jesus baby---anti corruption ) didn't do it...fast forward eight months later I flew out to study what I wanted and hey I'm graduating in 4 months time... f.uck jamb, thunder fire post-ume
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Motherfucker2: 7:03am On Apr 17, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Really so I could go to MIT or an ivy league school without any proof of previous schooling. Do you think everyone on Nairaland is an idiot?

Dawg, i don't like arguing with people.
Can you kindly tell me what exams and proof of secondary school education you will submit before going to ivy league.

I came straight from Nigeria and went to California state university, they never asked me for anything, they don't even know if i was a bus driver in my country.

Use your brain, i don't like to argue with people.
If you think I'm lying, I'm willing to pay you $6,000 or donate it to any charity of your choice if you can provide proof that you will be asked of you secondary school diploma if you want to study in ivy league
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babybrace(f): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2016
Alexbabybird:

it'd definitely happen for u this year. Just pray hard and read too. Ur chances of getting into umudike are high if u read well. Graduated from thr last yr. Do ur best, God will do d rest.
Thanks dear
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babybrace(f): 7:50am On Apr 17, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Why don't you do Cambridge A levels and go through direct entry or predegree or something.
I wrote jamb, i have hope that this year will be the in.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by lebete3000: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2016
seanwilliam:
what you passed through before you were admitted... tell us ur experience b4 God didit. nw nicolar let hook up

Nothing cuz i waz a genius.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by chiwuike20: 7:10am On May 04, 2016
seanwilliam:

one more tin sir, is dat also through of UNILORIN

Yes. The method of granting admission may be different, e.g using jamb/post-jamb aggregate+interview as the case may be, or some having both average and merit cut offs ( average for general admission but not necessarily ones choice course of study and merit for ones choice of study) e.g. Uniben, some have region based catchment (OAU, UNILAG, UNIZIK, etc) whereas some have nationwide catchoment ( e.g. UI). Nonetheless, this methods always follow three major guidelines for granting admission into their institutions, which is 1. merit, 2. catchment and 3. educationally less developed states considerations.

Admission through merit list need not be emphasised because it is totally hitch free. Catchment and educationally less developed states considerations are cut off marks a little lower and much more lower than merit cut off marks respectively, and distributed either regionally or nationally. Based on personal inquiry into how admission is given students on both considerations, I think they are reliable. I don't know a single person who met both cut off marks and was denied, provided that that person has all the requirements required by the school authorities.

All these info only applies to federal universities, and I don't know how things operate in state universities and polytechnics.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by yourstruly5(m): 8:21am On May 04, 2016
babybrace:
Still passing through alot, 4yrs after sec school but yet to be admitted. I pray this year will not pass me by shaa
We all have stories to tell, I went through same, now in school. Keep believing, pray to GOD and most importantly choice of school and course is very important.Wrong choice of both kept me at home for a long time.

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2016
chiwuike20 nyc explained, but i can refute dat of unilorin's, it only haS little consideration for merit-4 get about catchment area or elds.85 percent of its student got in through who-you-knw. a sincere unilorite knws this. nbtw, dos meeting catchment cutoff only, guarantee admission at oau n unilag?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by chiwuike20: 11:25am On May 04, 2016
seanwilliam:
chiwuike20 nyc explained, but i can refute dat of unilorin's, it only haS little consideration for merit-4 get about catchment area or elds.85 percent of its student got in through who-you-knw. a sincere unilorite knws this. nbtw, dos meeting catchment cutoff only, guarantee admission at oau n unilag?

I honestly believe it guarantees it.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2016
chiwuike20:

I honestly believe it guarantees it.
tenk u 4 getting me enlightened.....#Jah bles
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 11, 2019
fasho01:
It was a learning experience for me. Got my waec at my first attempt but took me 8 years to finally gain admission. Was always doing well in jamb (scored 255, 262 & my least, 237 is what finally gave me admission, and that is because I did pre-degree).

I'd traveled to the North , South and round West just cos of it. Wasn't funny at that time. Thank God it's all history now as I graduated as one of d best in my class. I can boldly say that experience helped to shape me and make me who I am today.

I strongly advise admission seekers to explore remedials, pre-degree and the likes cos admission through jamb is mostly a case of man know man first, before merit but these avenues guarantee admission if you just pass jamb.
your father is a rich man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Direct Entry Update / Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1) / Buhari: No Country Can Develop Beyond Capacity Of Its Educational System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.