Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted (15363 Views)

I Passed Through Hell Fire To Become a Medical Doctor / Finally, Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle Passed WAEC. The Change Is Real / JAMB 2016 UTME Experience: Read What Candidates Passed Through During The Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Elxandre(m): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Sorry, i didn't pass through anything before i got admitted into the university.
Here in America, we don't even need a high school diploma (Waec) to gain admission into the university.

And we don't need exams (Neco or aptitude test) before you gain admission, the only exam you will take is placement test, you can't fail it, even if your score is 0/10, you will still be admitted.

What about SAT?
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babyfaceafrica: 8:32am On Apr 16, 2016
wizzyjamie:
how u take sabi say na june u.I masters form go come out
its always june/july
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by iamCross(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2016
Oh Uniport, my Uniport. A whole Hall was forgotten by invigilators in 2010 but I stayed back for Pre-degree programme(we call it basic or cert). Today, I'm a graduate! Long story short
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by eitsei(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

Hi.
Between UI and FUTA's exam, which is markedly tougher?
I have a reason for asking this?
I would say FUTA because the post Utme is just 25 questions in 30 minutes CBT, 5 questions each from your jamb subjects combination and another 5 from general paper /current affairs, you maybe lucky all your questions maybe simple
But for UI post Utme just read your jamb textbooks very well and maybe some other books and you are good to go but for FUTA it's not really like that especially the current affairs they ask some things you can never think about, for example you maybe asked what's Obama's shoe size

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babybrace(f): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
zicky:
Welcome to Mouau
Thank you
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Welcomme: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
No fucking experience...Finished my sec sch, proceeded to uni straight...No time to check time. Though, I was not given my number 1 n dream course ( law) but was given Public administration and I think I love the course too....
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babybrace(f): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2016
lilbarracuda:

God will see you through Ii spent 5 yrs at home now at oau
Amen o

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by babybrace(f): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2016
bossricky:

my dear this year is surely yours. you will make it in jesus name. what course are you applying for? also don't forget to share the good news with us when you're a regular student of your chosen university ok? GOD BLESS
Thank you
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
Still passing through alot, 4yrs after sec school but yet to be admitted. I pray this year will not pass me by shaa
Why don't you do Cambridge A levels and go through direct entry or predegree or something.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Addicted2Women: 8:57am On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:

What about SAT?

What is SAT ??
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2016
Addicted2Women:

What is SAT ??
Scholastic aptitude test.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Drdonzeez(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:
Still passing through alot, 4yrs after sec school but yet to be admitted. I pray this year will not pass me by shaa
Life can be so frustrating atimes.but,brace up,challenges are stepping stones to good success.

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 16, 2016
finished secondary school last year in Nigeria fortunately grin or unfortunately my dad was preparing to take us with him to Germany when I was preparing for waec exams so somehow I didn't bothered myself with buying a jamb form.Getting admission here is not hard will enter uni next year when am done with my compulsory integration course which will end in November but before I enter uni I will do studienkolleg for one or two semesters cause waec alone won't qualify me for admission here but attending the studienkolleg and getting a good result will.

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2016
I waited for four years, and I only wrote jamb twice of which I was defrauded while registering for the third time, the cafe guy registered many students offline and ran away with the money on the last day of jamb registration, of which there was no cards in banks, mehn I was devastated but God came through, I heard kastina poly were selling their form and you don't have to put them in jamb, and I just applied immediately, after one week, I got the best call that I've been admitted to the school to study mass comm, mehn I just bless God for err'thing, #HEAWESOME

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by buharisbae(f): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2016
Nicolars:

No, not that I was lucky to b dere.
It was a normal thing. B4 d list came out, I went to unilag website and I saw their admission help desk numbers- they were four
I called all four and askd them if I would b on d list with d fact that I didn't meet d merit cutoff but met my state cutoff. They assured me I will b on d list"

So I dnt think it was just luck

Well to u oda question, if he beats oda state cuttoff except his, he should b on merit list

Out of 34 candidates that were on the list, I was #26
Note: ekiti(my state) had d lowest cutoff,59.75 and dat was my exact score so definitely there were odaz(.8.) wu were lower than I was and didn't meet any cutoff but still made d merit list.
They were close to d cutoff I guess... 2 points away or so
Pls ff u miss the cut off 4 med
Eg. U score 67 and the cut off is 70.
Can u be given anoda course?? And wah type
I.e not an indigene
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 16, 2016
asids55:
gaining admission into a federal university now is as easy as ABC..my coz had 192 in jamb and still got admitted into funab. ..I was shocked when I heard
funab is in the North .Boss come to the south and see the difference. the year I gained admission 72,244 student was battling for admission in my school. The annoying part of it was that nuc quota for admission was around 4000.guy calculate the possibility of you gaining admission.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2016
from my experience admission is really base on population.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2016
from my experience admission is really base on population of people vying for it. the higher the population the higher the risk of you gaining admission and vice versa.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Alexbabybird(f): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2016
babybrace:

Umudike and Esut
it'd definitely happen for u this year. Just pray hard and read too. Ur chances of getting into umudike are high if u read well. Graduated from thr last yr. Do ur best, God will do d rest.

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nicolars(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2016
buharisbae:
Pls ff u miss the cut off 4 med
Eg. U score 67 and the cut off is 70.
Can u be given anoda course?? And wah type
I.e not an indigene

Medicine is really a tof 1... If 1 doesn't meet d cutoff and not an indigene yet u av dat high score, u would b given anoda course

But u might b lucky, they might consider u ang still gve u medicine
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nicolars(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2016
AdebisiAdeyinka:
is it true that the maths question difficulty depend on your course?

No!
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by asids55: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2016
vingeophysicist:
funab is in the North .Boss come to the south and see the difference. the year I gained admission 72,244 student was battling for admission in my school. The annoying part of it was that nuc quota for admission was around 4000.guy calculate the possibility of you gaining admission.

no ohh..funab in ogun state..federal university of agriculture

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by hardbody: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2016
I wrote JAMB once, scored 298, cut off was 274, my name came out and i entered to study Law. After 4 years I came out with my 2.1 no long stories.

I flexed and had fun, i wasn't a riangular student. It's all good and glory to God Almighty

2 Likes

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2016
The Grace of God.
Wrote jamb, had 211, prayed and waited for admission... lo and behold I was given my desired course. Proudly dental student.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Addicted2Women: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Scholastic aptitude test.

No
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2016
OkwuruOKARISIA:
you use too much abbreviations,it is bad bro.
tenks for d correction.....it's because of d fone m usin bro..
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Nicolars(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:

so diz thread reach fp...
Lolz
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nicolars:
so diz thread reach fp... Lolz
bigger u bro.......i really appreciate u
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
chiwuike20:

People always hide the real reason they were not admitted. Unless u confirm his jamb, post ume scores and the aggregate against the cut-off mark for the said course of study, don't believe anything like "somebody merited the admission but wasn't admitted ", because it's pure garbage. Such statements make people who ought to be serious minded students lose faith in the education system and instead settle for short-cuts, such as bribing their way into school, and thus, making them unprepared for the herculean task in the university.

The truth is that when one merits an admission he gets it unconditionally. The only thing that can go wrong is that the said person may not have the required subject combination or O'level requirements which may be detrimental to his being admitted. That notwithstanding, some schools waive this deficiencies either by granting such person admission outrightly or by allowing him to change his course of study to one which suitable to his O'level requirement (the second is the most likely situation) .

tenks 4 enlightin m'
idodo oro lo ti so yen...
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by icebot: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
It has been a easy ride for me all through. I wrote GCE in 2004 while in SS2, cleared all my papers except for Yoruba, I had F9. Sat for WAEC in 2005, cleared all my papers with the exemption of Yoruba, I had E8. My parents refused paying for my NECO exam as a punishment for what I did. I sat for JAMB in 2005, scored 267. I wrote Post-UME(the first time post-ume was organized in my alma-mater), scored 90 percent and was admitted in to the Faculty of Engineering. The excitement of being admitted at young age got into my head and I performed woefully in my 100L and 200L. Luckily, I was still able to graduate with a good grade(4.47). Immediately after NYSC, got a scholarship for my Masters, bagged a Distinction. Currently have two scholarships for my PhD which I will be starting this September...

1 Like

Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by Koats14(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
seanwilliam:

it doesnt matter about the phone, since all keypads are working fine, take your time to abbreviate well. No one is rushing to read your replies.
Re: What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted by seanwilliam(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
Koats14:
it doesnt matter about the phone, since all keypads are working fine, take your time to abbreviate well. No one is rushing to read your replies.
i've noted that....once again thanks for frankly('lols) puting me on the right way....Godbles u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Direct Entry Update / Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1) / Buhari: No Country Can Develop Beyond Capacity Of Its Educational System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.