Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Blue - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blue (687 Views)

Ladies in Blue (A Crime Story) / BLUE LIGHT - A Short Romance Story / Blue ( Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2016
Well well well....!
I have decided to try something I've been afraid of for a while now....
I will be updating this land with a whole lot of stories by Gods grace beginin from today..but that is after i'm done with"BLUE"....

I wrote a few stories back in the days before i left for the university and kept them locked in that tiny drawer...somewhere in a cold dark room...in mother's house... they cry for expression.. and am gonna try to do this to the end... God help me..plus your encouragement.

I am not art,nor social science inclined, although i write a few poems,stories, freelance and songs....so plzzzz don't judge me...#Constructive criticism is well welcomed..

And here we go....

A friend of mine visited me one quiet afternoon but to pour out his ladened heart..The mess he thought he got himself into.While he confided on me,I acted as a counselor trying to assertain where I thought his ordeal originated from and more,trying to profer solution and encouragement. Aside all these,I was wondering if all what he had told me was true..I mean real,because i found it hard to believe and yet,I stood for the truth in his lies..but that was how this story came about......

Seat back,relax and enjoy....

Here is introducing to you,.."BLUE"!
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 11:40am On Apr 14, 2016
chapter 1

Temisan Adeleye,a young beautiful and elegantly dressed lady in her early twenties was amongst a host of others who stood up for recognition on the 27th of January 2008 at the Holy land chapel,as requested by Reverend Dele Robinson,the precising pastor of the chapel which was situated at plot 24,at the okere-urhobo area of Warri,Delta state.When it got to her turn as expected,she introduced herself as Temisan Pedro and it was understood that she was visiting for the very first time.
Members of the church cheered as they sang a welcoming song for all the new timers,after which they were asked if they'd stay as members of the Chapel, this;Temisan agreed to as she was already falling in love with the choir department of the church.

After the service,she approached the choir director with a little boy of four in her arms and after a brief introduction, a part of which the choir director was already aware of like her name;made known her intention of wanting to join the choir.This the choir director was happy about as he introduced himself as Ben Emuabor.And while they exchanged pleasantries and phone number about to part,he told her he was looking forward to seeing her in the next choir rehearsals.
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Friday came and left with Temisan not in attendance for reversals as promised,thesame thing happened on Saturday evening with Ben trying to no avail to reach her line ..he was left pondering over why she who had openly confessed her interest would now be holding back..
After the close of Sunday service,Ben who was looking out for Temi during the service;confronted her with effort to find out why she had not turned up for the last two rehearsals... Although her attention was drawn,Temi with an air of weariness took it lightly as she confessed that the proposed idea had skipped her mind,but promising to make up for lost days..

On the evening of the next meeting date,Temi got dressed with little Luther by her side as she made to leave for the choir rehearsal for which she felt obliged.. but after a few steps,she was confronted by Pedro.."And where do you think you are off to?"he question with an air of dareful defiance..but i already told you i was going for choir rehearsals she replied ..grinning Pedro went on to exercise his authority..when did you now became a member of the choir in your so called church and more so having the guts to talk back at me the very way you just did eh? he retorted still grinning..
Temi stayed calm and quiet, and this ;Pedro could not stand as it does pisses him off greatly....with wave of dismissal,he warned..."watch your back and remember,I own you!"
Temi hurt as she was walked out quietly with Luther....the scenes of her daily life are not new to her
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
The rehearsal that evening, did much to relieve her of the tension that beclouded her.She was heartily welcomed by all,most especially;Ben who was delighted to have her around.She already made some new friends amongst whome where Alex uti who was the assistant pastor of the chapel and assigned pastor to the choir, Mama Kate popularly known as mam Kay and Ben inclusive.....Temi naturally had a receptive aura...

At the close of the rehearsal,they all saw her off,chatting alongside each other and more so,informing her about a praise programme that is coming up sometime within the month as put together by the youth fellowship of the chapel.. Mam kay implored her to do well in keeping a date and Ben not caring about Temis opinion, responded on her behalf with assurance to no one exactly that she wouldn't dare miss out..they all laughed...
A few more steps towards a common junction, they halted and bade each other good bye as they made to go towards their different path..

Temi did endeavored to be in attendance for the praise concert for which to her was more fun than she anticipated..she was so engrossed in the thrills and excitement tied to the activities, presentations and performances by youths and groups from other branches and denominations that she failed to notice when Little Luther became restless seeking her attention..eventually falling asleep beside her...
it was one moment that took her concerns away as she wished the night never came to an end..

With air of relief but excitment slowly fading, she lifted Luther onto her left shoulder as she slowly walked out of the building towards the gate amidst the crowd..
She was glad she came as she sighed"Guess this was enough fun for one Pedro's day..!"

....To be continued
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Chapter2...

Coming back into Pedro's house, a place she's been trying for the past six years to call her home;brought back tension and sadness with memories almost visibly drawn on the walls.Hard as she tried relaxing her head,her mind refused quietness as she dropped on the vision not far from the entrance bit in such limply manner...
Such feelings ate not new to her but the effects still gets her..she kept trying to accept it all as part of her existence..but,Something was quite different this time,it lingered longer as she felt depression deep down with all trace of the excitement from the program so far gone..
In this state, with nothing but her thoughts;she involuntarily got hold of her phone and started composing a text..about how fed up she was and how she so wanted it all to end..she sent it but to whoever she could think of though without much hope...
message sent and reluctance, she got up with little Luther and headed for the bedroom..
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ben who had just finished having his bathe approached his reading table to pick up his beeping phone...he smiled on recorgnising the sender but the smile as fast as it came ,dissappeared after he had divulge the content of the text... he wondered what could have caused a girl like Temi to send him such as he hurriedly got dressed and rushed out..in a bid to go see pastor Alex...
Not far fr his house,he found pastor Alex coming his way..they met,exchanged pleasantries and he was about bringing up Temis case when pastor Alex said he had gotten the same text from her..both were surprised and wondered,nobody had an explanation ..they both made a descision to go see mam K..
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
The following morning,the trio made a planned visit to Temis residence but for their concern and worry over the text received..They were directed towards the building and showed into the house but were left in utter amazement at the site of Temisan floored on a mat and receiving treatment,a few crowd of persons in the house amongst whom was Pedro who looked unperturbed by the situation. Mama K asked questions as to know what had happened from a neighbor standing by..the lad told her just about everything he had seen and heard..She went back to the corner where she had left pastor Alex and Ben but in disbelief and confusion,to detail them on her findings only to introduce new looks of confusion on their faces.
They could not just understand what could have prted Temisan to want to end her own life but for the timely intervention of a man who had come to see Mr Pedro in his abscence...
Re: Blue by ManuelRichard(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Exactly a week after the incident, Ben made a call through to Temisan..before this ,they've been calling at her place everyday..Temi answered and agreed to Visit the Emuabors on Bens invite..Ben had the intention to get her talking because he cared enough to be left at bay...
Temi did showed up in the very next choir rehearsal.. a lil bit distant but remorseful...and after the rehearsals, left with Ben and the other concerned friends...but to Ben's family home..
She was warmly welcomed..as truly, she met a nice family..Ben's twin was amazing..but Ben..

Ben just wasn't satisfied ,because he did not accomplish his mission for the invitation..his family loved up on Temi and just wouldn't let them be...

......To be continued

(1) (Reply)

My Mother’s Teeth / The City Of Mirrors: A Novel (the Passage, #3) - Books / Love Like A Drug...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.