Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 (27670 Views)

Man Signs On Boobs Of A Polytechnic Female Student / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) / Obiano Upgrades Anambra College Of Agriculture To A Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by kelvinclint(m): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sported ko, Sports car ni lol...
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by HaneefahRN(f): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
It really isn't about the University or Polytechnic attended but the person's educational foundation. Once you have it wrong from the roots, unless you work hard to improve yourself, you'll only degenerate and keep disgracing yourself and institution.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by peekeny(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
Not all students in Nigerian tertiary institutions are unable to write/compose correct & clear letter but only few are academically handicapped as the stated polytechnic student.
I can boastfully tell you that Nigeria still have students that are extremely great in Writing skills and in the Educational sector. In an institution, there are different types of students (d briliant&dullards),d ND2 stdnt z categorzed as a D.Contrarily, the OP's opinion on the issue is based on Nigeria academic failure.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by tomsy2: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
peekeny:
Not all students in Nigerian tertiary institutions are unable to write/compose correct & clear letter but only few are academically handicapped as the stated polytechnic student.
I can boastfully tell you that Nigeria still have students that are extremely great in Writing skills and in the Educational sector. In an institution, there are different types of students (d briliant&dullards),d ND2 stdnt z categorzed as a D.Contrarily, the OP's opinion on the issue is based on Nigeria academic failure.
HaneefahRN:
It really isn't about the University or Polytechnic attended but the person's educational foundation. Once you have it wrong from the roots, unless you work hard to improve yourself, you'll only degenerate and keep disgracing yourself and institution.

Finally I seem to be understood. The issue was never about the supposed polytechnic / university inferiority or superiority. It was about the system of education that produced the writer of that letter. Stating his level of education ( which was wrongly stated as HND in the heat of passion) was only to show that there is a very serious problem in our educational system and the emphasis which we place on the acquisition of certificates.
Numeracy implies not only the ability to count numbers but ability for quantitative reasoning. Likewise your ability to recite the alphabet or form two letter words does not make you literate. It is your ability to use that language well that qualifies you to be called literate. And I do not mean just the English language but even our indigenous ones.
Whichever language we choose to be literate in, some things are simply not expected at certain levels. For example if it was primary one pupil that wrote the letter in question I'm sure nobody would raise a brow.
But it is expected that at the tertiary level of education, one should have developed the basic skills for literacy and numeracy.
In the case in question, the writer has been failed by the system that produced him, from primary to secondary to tertiary.
That was my point all along.

1 Like

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by AKAKAK(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
Th at is how bad our educational level has deteriorated in this country anyways check my signature to know how to be financially free by shopping once in a supermarket and earning on a daily basis
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by achemajulius(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
pls pls n pls read the letter very well.The person is in ND 2 not HND 2.Thank u
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by tosyne2much(m): 12:21am On Apr 16, 2016
shiimah:
The day I went to Moshood Abiola Poly, I was so ashamed of myself. Infact, I wept for our education. That was the first time I could see saw someone in HND1 struggling to interact in English.
The Poly ile-ife Ile-Ife is another heart breaking academic institution, the student was my neighbour then... Common to write informal letter, she will run to me for assistance.. Her spelling is zero, command of English is zero and the worst is that they aint willing to learn.
I'm not surprised if ND2 student of poly ibadan Ibadan did this coz its in their blood.
No offence meant and please don't quote me.
Your comment reeks of disparity.. Now lemme show to you that you are not in anyway different from the lady who came to you for letter writing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by okuneddie(m): 1:26am On Apr 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Your comment reeks of disparity.. Now lemme show to you that you are not in anyway different from the lady who came to you for letter writing cheesy

Tosyne seriously u wicked.....lol
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by tk4rd: 2:43am On Apr 16, 2016
The letter is known as "Dwarf Bomb".. ==> Small But Mighty
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by tosyne2much(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2016
okuneddie:

Tosyne seriously u wicked.....lol
The guy mess up nah.. No be say him self sabi speak the English cheesy
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by kasila4u: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2017
tomsy2:
Is there still hope for education in Nigeria?
If a student in HND 2 in a polytechnic in the south west, a few months shy of graduation can write this, do you still wonder why our graduates are said to be " unemployable " ?

That's the problem with Africa. Best in criticism.
Please poster what's the essence of your criticism if you can't correct that letter by writing a valid one?
it makes everything a total waste of time, both you, and the person(writer) you are criticising.
No offense meant but if only you will give my post a 30second thought am sure you will understand what I meant.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UI Vs UNILAG's Method Of Screening / Man Resigns From Banking To Be A Teacher, Donates Desks To School (Pix, VIDEO) / 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.