Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) (53997 Views)

Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Kasuwar Magani, Kaduna Where It Is Forbidden To ‘Love’ / Ogun Community Where The Use Of Umbrella Is A Taboo (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Osama10(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
Lovely.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Aminat508(f): 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
Funjosh:

Going with Aminat508 smiley

You can join us if you don't mind wink
kiss kiss
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by aperture11: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
The funny thing is, if we as Nigerians see our country in this light despite all the challenges we face, we will go very far. Kudos to that guy jaymichael who has turned this into a tourism thread rather than a Government bashing thread.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by moonberry: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Just stay tuned, I will post more pictures of my Island and how we survive living off-grid. I lost a lot of pictures of our Island when some files got deleted on my SDcard.
people no know say Lagos na 2
I think i have been to this island befor o, during my secondary school days,i enrolled for a citizenship and leadership training on the island,its a very cool place to be really,theres this tall building they called light house,we walked from that particular island to tarkwa bay beach and we spent two days on the beach and slept in a white building, we were told that a white man built it,we had camp fire night lots of games,saw alot of intresting stuff cant rememer all now like the waterfalls,train tracks,etc etc,
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
aperture11:
The funny thing is, if we as Nigerians see our country in this light despite all the challenges we face, we will go very far. Kudos to that guy jaymichael who has turned this into a tourism thread rather than a Government bashing thread.
Thank you, GOD bless you.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
moonberry:

I think i have been to this island befor o, during my secondary school days,i enrolled for a citizenship and leadership training on the island,its a very cool place to be really,theres this tall building they called light house,we walked from that particular island to tarkwa bay beach and we spent two days on the beach and slept in a white building, we were told that a white man built it,we had camp fire night lots of games,saw alot of intresting stuff cant rememer all now like the waterfalls,train tracks,etc etc,
That is Abagbo Tarkabay you ve been to. It is still far from my part of the Island.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
kcowen:
When you ask them now they will tell you that they live in lagos,some of them may even be here on nairaland forming

jaymichael:
yes, I live there, I am on Nairaland and I am forming. Do you have an issue with that?

Epic! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by ronkyemma(f): 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=jaymichael post=44725314]Tomaro Onisiwo is my Island. I live there. The picture the writer painted, is not that bleak. Though the Island is not connected to the National grid (yet) and the community is badly in need of a decent health care facility, the Island and surrounding Islands are serene and not all houses are shanties. (My house a decent and is not a shanty) The view from the window of my room is what some people will kill for. The small lake and the backdrop of the rising Eko Atlantic is what I wake up to everyday.
Tomaro is improving and it will improve. It was not like this 5,10 or 15 years ago.
I will be posting pictures of my beautiful Island here.
There are motorcycles (lots of it even on the island) and neither motorcycle nor motorcars are forbidden. There are no cars because there is no way of ferrying it to the island.[@Jaym,pls aw do u get fuel or buy things u need,are ther schs there too,aw do u enjoy d area generally.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
These are pictures of Apapa and Tincan Island taken this evening from my Island.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=ronkyemma post=44735100][/quote]I buy in 50liter keg and keep in my bathroom. Dey use am small small. I switch my gen on only at night. With prudence discipline, you will find out that you don't need Electricity like you think you do. Aside work, there are lots of activities that keep me busy during the day, internet , books, sightseeing etc.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by konkonbilo(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jaymicheal,is there any lodge where people can stay when they come for relaxation?

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by maleeks(m): 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Aminat508:
kiss kiss

lemme know whenever you guys are ready to go there for vacation, I'm also interested and I shall sponsor the trip for 5 ( interested ) Nairalanders.... This is a place to be, Jaymichelle please ckeck your inbox, I just sent you a mail

2 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by dokJ: 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
they rili need a facility to meet their health needs.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
konkonbilo:
Jaymicheal,is there any lodge where people can stay when they come for relaxation?
There is a manageable hotel @Irede Manager. There are also lots of Hotels @Apapa.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

lemme know whenever you guys are ready to go there for vacation, I'm also interested and I shall sponsor the trip for 5 ( interested ) Nairalanders.... This is a place to be, Jaymichelle please ckeck your inbox, I just sent you a mail
I don't seem to see messages from nairaland in my mailbox. Just mail direct Josephbabajide@email.com
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by cooldipo(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

I'm interested....let me take one space out of the five available....looking forward to the experience! Cheers
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Aminat508(f): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

No problem
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by mmamas(f): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thanks jaymichael for turning lemons to lemonade.... But then this is a really beautiful island, there are obviously lots of solid ground to walk and build on, u can even sink a borehole n get clean water, although d Island definitely needs health care facilities and a well equipped school. This is a far cry from the Niger Delta riverine communities oh..... No light, no water, no land to walk or build on, no school, no health centers, no nothing, in fact most don't even have solid jetty to anchor especially the Ilaje, ijaw and Itsekiri communities. And they have the same potentials like tomaro to b really beautiful places wit just a bit of extra effort by stakeholders. ......nice beach and seaside views....... Hnmmmm my dear Niger Delta which way forward?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by LMohd(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

Am very much interested.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
mmamas:
Thanks jaymichael for turning lemons to lemonade.... But then this is a really beautiful island, there are obviously lots of solid ground to walk and build on, u can even sink a borehole n get clean water, although d Island definitely needs health care facilities and a well equipped school. This is a far cry from the Niger Delta riverine communities oh..... No light, no water, no land to walk or build on, no school, no health centers, no nothing, in fact most don't even have solid jetty to anchor especially the Ilaje, ijaw and Itsekiri communities. And they have the same potentials like tomaro to b really beautiful places wit just a bit of extra effort by stakeholders. ......nice beach and seaside views....... Hnmmmm my dear Niger Delta which way forward?
It is a very sandy Island. Apart from the tranquility, another factor I love is the safety. Tomaro is very safe, you can walk around anytime of the day and night. You can come out at 12,1,2,3,4 AM without fear of Robbers. The waterways are also very safe. No kidnapping and hostage taking. You can take a boat ride to Ojo, Badagry even at night. Tomarobis very safe.
The schools are not bad, but the small clinic donated by the Americans Needs a major upgrade. The community needs to be connected to the National grid.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Phonon: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please don't forget to Blame Buhari or Jonathan for the problems this community faces. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

@ maleek am also interested for the journey
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by autolearner: 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
maleeks:

I'm very interested in a trip down.
Should i shoot you an email?
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by faites(f): 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Tomaro Onisiwo is my Island. I live there. The picture the writer painted, is not that bleak. Though the Island is not connected to the National grid (yet) and the community is badly in need of a decent health care facility, the Island and surrounding Islands are serene and not all houses are shanties. (My house a decent and is not a shanty) The view from the window of my room is what some people will kill for. The small lake and the backdrop of the rising Eko Atlantic is what I wake up to everyday.
Tomaro is improving and it will improve. It was not like this 5,10 or 15 years ago.
I will be posting pictures of my beautiful Island here.
There are motorcycles (lots of it even on the island) and neither motorcycle nor motorcars are forbidden. There are no cars because there is no way of ferrying it to the island.

I love the setting sun, the sand filled beach, and the way ur slippers matches ur polo grin. Ur handsome sha.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Samguine: 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
I stay in Apapa and I have been to Tomaro island a lot of times. Truly no electricity nor standard social amenities but it is a place to be for lovers of quiet, nature, water, sand and beaches. They've got all those in abundance. Fish and crayfish is abundant too. The island is mainly inhabited by the Ilaje ethnic group...very nice and warm set of people.

@maleeks... I'm interested in the trip ...

@jaymichaels.. Nice one. There's a Foursquare church at Tomaro/Itun Agan near that celestial/cherubim and that big football pitch ... Was part of those that started the church smiley
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
faites:

I love the setting sun, the sand filled beach, and the way ur slippers matches ur polo grin. Ur handsome sha.
Thank you.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by iniestaitalia(m): 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
on my way going to tomaro-onisiwo

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Santi222(m): 12:14am On Apr 16, 2016
lovely...
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Santi222(m): 12:21am On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=Chommieblaq post=44733609]

U just made me fall in love with that place. We mustn't turn every where to mega city, we will end up loosing most of our cultural and natural resource.
Honestly this is the kind of place I want to live, so long there is light and network wetin again.
[/quote

We tink alike....
Seriously, I don't mind such a place too, where I can concentrate and be in touch with nature... tired of the fast life in y
towns
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Coldfeet(f): 12:27am On Apr 16, 2016
Jaymicheal I love the scenery behind you, the pic with the coconut trees cool

what do you guys do there for fun?

Any hangout spot? I'm looking for a serene environment to take hubby to on our coming anniversary!

A place like tomaro looks ideal for a walk on the shore at dawn or sunset!

Is there any lodge?

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by ijeebest: 1:44am On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=Chommieblaq post=44733609]

U just made me fall in love with that place. We mustn't turn every where to mega city, we will end up loosing most of our cultural and natural resource.
Honestly this is the kind of place I want to live, so long there is light and network wetin again.
---------------~-------~------~~~--------------

And maybe equally fall in love ❤ with jaymichael? grin grin. @Jaymicheal, na only poem I dey try to form oo grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mack Rutherford: 17-Year-Old Pilot Becomes Youngest To Fly Around The World Solo / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.