Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) (54007 Views)

Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Kasuwar Magani, Kaduna Where It Is Forbidden To ‘Love’ / Ogun Community Where The Use Of Umbrella Is A Taboo (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Sunset.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Samguine: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Rebekkah:
Please I want to buy about 20kg of Crayfish. if you have an idea of the price in this place let me know. quote me. thanks.

All right. I'm not sure if they sell per kilo though. I think it's per bag. I will confirm and get back to you.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
Interest in the thread has waned. I don't know if it's worth it, posting more updates.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by guiddoti: 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
jaymichael:
Interest in the thread has waned. I don't know if it's worth it, posting more updates.
I cannot say otherwise than to give you thumb up. you are proud of your place.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by skyfall: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
jaymichael:

I think it's worth it. Some of us still check it from time to time.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
I promised the last time to upload the second most favorite part of the Island. Long ago this place was designated to be a "mini beach" The first day a beach party was organized here, they fought and injured themselves with cutlass and other sharp objects, hence this place is nicknamed "sha mi sha e" translates stabbing each other.
It is no longer used for beach party but as a relaxation spot for everyone. It is a very beautiful place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
I don't know if I will be able to post all the pictures, my subscription is exhausted. #broke gidi gan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
I learnt how to watermark my pictures

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2016
gjkdsty
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Onegai(f): 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
jaymichael:

There's still interest o...

I've got a long list of ideas for you to try. Was going to post it here but someone may steal the ideas. Will email it.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
Onegai:

There's still interest o...

I've got a long list of ideas for you to try. Was going to post it here but someone may steal the ideas. Will email it.
Thanks josephbabajide@email.com
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Loss of the tranquility and serenity of primordial habitat is always the price to pay for industrialization. This vast expanse of land between Tomaro and Irede(manager) was procured for an industrial complex. I heard a grand hotel and resort amongst other companies will be set up here. The land once belonged to a man called Maja or Manager some time ago. He is late now. His story is as peculiar as ot is strange. That is story for another time.

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
More.

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Lots of trees had to be cut to give way for the industrial complex. The community is fenced off.

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Solitin40: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
jaymichael nice work bro i don't know u but i am proud of u keep it up try to take photography class i can see that greatness in you
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Solitin40:
jaymichael nice work bro i don't know u but i am proud of u keep it up try to take photography class i can see that greatness in you
Thank you.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Those cluster of white houses were built by the former owner og that vast piece of land.
The concrete floor was for his SUV. He has his own boat with which he used to ferry supplies, fuel and vehicles to his land.

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
The high rise buildings of Eko Atlantic (still under construction) is visible from here.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2016
Nna na wa o..... Thought all these islands in Lagos were "wosky"..... But my opinion z changing already.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:51am On Apr 23, 2016
Having a hike from Tomaro to Tarkwa bay today. Am at the vilage(Tarkwa bay) right now. Will hit the beautiful beach later. It is an hour hike from my part of the Island to Tarkwa bay through bush part, NPA lighthouse, different villages, etc. The journey is one "GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH" i recommended this hike to all if you ever get to visit here. I must tell you that it is not an easy journey and you have to be up for it, but the allure of the adventure, and the refreshing reward of the sea, it is very much worth it. I won't be posting pictures because I have done a thread on Tarkwa bay on this forum previously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by ishadfurnitures: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Kindly share more, I love adventures thanks
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by chinkichun: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Bro, I really must commend you. You're telling a very nice story about your island through pictures. The pictures are very nice and as someone already suggested, you should consider photography.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
ishadfurnitures. Because you asked, I will share more.
chinkichun, Thanks, Maybe I will.
I am updating new posts because of you guys.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2477482/serene-tarkwa-bay-one-best
This is the thread on Tarkwa bay that I did on forum sometime ago.
This time around, I still did not take pictures of the village because I did not seek and obtain permission to start snapping someone else's properties. You just try to visit yourself, you will be surprised and amazed at what you witness. If you don't see something that amazes you, come and take my "China" phone with which am using to type this post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
I decided to quit updating this thread because interest in it has waned. Some good folks still want me to post more updates as they made it known that they are still interested in the thread.
Some of the pictures I took @Tarkwabay on Saturday. I did not take much pictures because there is a thread on Tarkwabay already which I have posted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
More.
Eko Atlantic is really rising up fast. The "future" city is clearly visible from the beach

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by chinkichun: 6:14am On Apr 27, 2016
That young man is surfing... nice.
Always thought it's an "oyibo" thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by ishadfurnitures: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Wow lovely would to visit sooner , good one OP more.pics of the adventure pls.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Santi222(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
So Lagos fine like this?
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
chinkichun:
That young man is surfing... nice.
Always thought it's an "oyibo" thing.
Even Little children as young as 7-9 years do surf. I asked a kid how he learnt to surf, he said they learnt from those white people.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by dustydee: 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
jaymichael:
Even Little children as young as 7-9 years do surf. I asked a kid how he learnt to surf, he said they learnt from those white people.
Saw the visit of the US ambassador to your island today. I immediately recognised the name when I heard it on TV. I hope the government will heed his advise and provide basic amenities.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by EricT: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2016
Good work. Pls keep it on. I'll also send U a mail. Great one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / See Inside The Most Expensive Hotel Suite In The World— $83,200 (N26 M) A Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.