Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial (29675 Views)

Defection To APC: Sack Andy Uba In 24 Hours, Senate PDP Caucus Tells Saraki / Absolute Immunity Is No Longer Allowed Under The Law- Falana Tells Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Haykay80(m): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
Abdul Kafarati, a justice of the federal high court, Abuja, has asked Senate President Bukola Saraki to face his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

The judge dismissed Saraki’s fundamental rights suit to quash the charges against him at the CCT for lacking in merit.

“It appears to me all that the applicant is trying to do is to stop his criminal trial at CCT. The CCT is a competent court to try the criminal matters,” he held.

“This court cannot interfere with the case at the tribunal which has power to try cases.

“It is not appropriate for the applicant to approach this court. This case is hereby dismissed.”

On March 22, Kafarati had withdrawn from the suit filed by Saraki to quash the charges of false declaration of assets brought against him by the federal government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Kafarati had explained that his integrity had been called into question in the matter, hence he would disqualify himself from it.

He had read a report of online medium accusing him of corruption.

He, therefore, said that if he ruled against or for Saraki, his decision would be interpreted differently.

“It is only in this country that people can wake up and start calling people names,” he had said.

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge.”

But Ibrahim Auta, chief judge of the federal high court, prevailed on Kafarati to deliver his judgment on the matter.

In February, after the judgment of the supreme court dismissing Saraki’s appeal to stop his trial, his lawyer, Ajibola Oloyede filed the lawsuit asking the federal high court to stop his trial and to disqualify the chairman of the CCT, who is presiding over the trial.

The senate president couched his prayers in the violation of his rights to fair hearing by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) of which he said did not invite him for explanation before it filed charges against him at the CCT.

He also claimed that his trial was politically motivated, but the court held that he should go and face his trial.
Follow us on twitter @thecableng
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-must-face-trial-court-tells-saraki

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by izospindle(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
saraki reminds me of Jonathan......because it is obvious the gods are not on his side....he would have been patient and not push him self to the spot light since he has so many worms in this closet ......i don't think he will survive

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by dustmalik: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by AdeniyiA(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki has turned Sarekiri...(run about) ...
He has wittingly and unwittingly pronounced a guilty sentence on himself through his corrupt moves.. He's now being forced by liars...oops!,sorry, lawyers to vomit all illegally acquired wealth. Seriously Saraki is about to loose all, the spirits of all he's cheated/killed are crying for vengeance

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
...Saraki should hire PA Chukwudi44, and let them proceed to the Biafran Court Of Appeal for justice..

208 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by modath(f): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy .... No matter the feed wey person give hin beloved fowl, na Pot go end am! cheesy

Pa Chukwudi44, come out from under bed, stop peeping out, Judge didn't say his inevitable myriads of "punishments" will start today nah!!!

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kyase(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:
grin cheesy
Role model of some yoots.
But why na, the judge no try na.......

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Beeman1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good.
God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by dridowu: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Poor him

[img]http://gif.co/uiq8.gif[/img]

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by amaechi1: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nigerians as we celebrate this Judgement, we should not let our guard down. Let continue to pile up the pressure on our leader (across board) for accountability and good governance. These crops of corrupt politician has impoverish nigerians, while the live in affluence.

Saraki sit down and go through the process. Don't bring disgrace to our nation.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Beeman1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:
grin cheesy
Make I follow u shout sai Baba! cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
which court is left for saraki to try his luck now?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Ratello: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chukwudi44....... cheesy cheesy what sayest thou? cheesy lipsrsealed

25 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by amaechi1: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kyase:

Role model of some yoots.
But why na, the judge no try na.......

I role model would sit down and go through the process.

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Beeman1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
wink
Madam Ngene,abeg u help see pa chukwuddi44? cheesy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by DonMaxxy(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
If you had the morale to appear in the bank hall to divert state funds, you should have the courage to appear in court room to face trial.

Oga Saraki just summon courage and face the reality of life.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kyase(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
amaechi1:

I role model would sit down and go through the process.
Well after amending the cct/CCB act, Buhari will delay to ascend into it for six months.... grin

15 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by DonMaxxy(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
If you had the morale to appear in the bank to divert state funds, you should have the courage to appeal in court to face trial.

Oga Saraki just summon courage and face the reality of life.

6 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kyase(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
ECOWAS grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Ratello: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
The sooner Saraki realised he is on his own the better, he has succeeded in messing up himself, the Senate, political career, now he is going to dance galala alone to the music he started. Indeed, Saraki is a gonner!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by jaybee3(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
Ecowas court?
I dey laff

19 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by modath(f): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:

Tennis or basketball court, any court na COURT. tongue

54 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Ebukaobi: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pa Chukwudi44, the IPOB Abobaku 1 of Nairaland

What do you have to say about this?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by VivianUdeogu(f): 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why are we Igbos the only one supporting Saraki? Even his people in Kwara state have opposed him but we seem to be the only one supporting him. Some of my Ummuna brothers have even gone ahead to give him a Chieftaincy title as the new Eze Ndigbo of Biafra

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kyase:

ECOWAS grin grin

you sure e no go reach ICC? grin

9 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Ebukaobi: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

My respect for SR grows daily

Their last report about this judge was a preemptive strike to forestall any opportunity to scuttle the case

The judge had no choice but to do the right thing

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

Tennis or basketball court, any court na COURT. tongue

grin una no go kill person with laughter today o grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by dulux07(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
I just hope at the end this guy, dasuki n others should get nothing less than 18years in prison. And their properties seized and auctioned by FG grin. I go like fit buy one of his benz cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kyase(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:

you sure e no go reach ICC? grin
From ECOWAS to ICC na

2 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

My respect for SR grows daily

Their last report about this judge was a preemptive strike to forestall any opportunity to scuttle the case

The judge had no choice but to do the right thing

dem no born that judge well if he try nonsense, shior

18 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kimoni: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaybee3:

Ecowas court?
I dey laff

Jaybee, I need your help. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
2019 we go still they talk about saraki cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram's Video On Abduction Of Policewomen Released By Its Leader / PDP Elects Kingsley Chinda As Reps Minority Leader / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.