Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial (29700 Views)

Defection To APC: Sack Andy Uba In 24 Hours, Senate PDP Caucus Tells Saraki / Absolute Immunity Is No Longer Allowed Under The Law- Falana Tells Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by LemonBoy1: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
dulux07:
I just hope at the end this guy, dasuki n others should get nothing less than 18years in prison. And their properties seized and auctioned by FG grin. I go like fit buy one of his benz cheesy

leave the posche for me and take the G-wagon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by dyydxx: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

You are the one suffering from delusion of grandeur.[b]This case would remain in court until the new CCB act comes in place.[/b]I though you were the ones abusing the judge because the judgement now favours you he is suddenly upright

soorry to burst your bubbles, from now on his case would be so swift, e go shock you grin

Besides stop playing this retardded line, any new amendments won't affect him.we have said that countless times. To begin with, if they can get the votes to change the act they surely can get the votes to impeach the president. So which is easier and faster

Abeg, Pa chwukud44, go and rest grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
...Saraki should hire PA Chukwudi44, and let them proceed to the Biafran Court Of Appeal for justice..

oga ehhh comedy for fit u ohhh
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kimoni: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaybee3:

Not really since you can't access the source codes

sad sad sad thanks
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by ChezB: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Look at how Saraki was looking like a puppet in accused box. Wind change blowing like hurricane Katrina

4 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Emmaxx: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mr Saraki will not survive this. Why is he running from pillar to post? Did he go to the court when he wanted steal the state's wealth?

5 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by kunle75(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kyase:

Well after amending the cct/CCB act, Buhari will delay to ascend into it for six months.... grin

The corrupt legislathiefs may equally want to use the 2/3 majority to veto the delay in presidents assent.but the courage to muster such numbers may not there for the fear of jail after the whole thing.............kirkiri loading for saraki

4 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by onetouch04: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Haykay80:
Abdul Kafarati, a justice of the federal high court, Abuja, has asked Senate President Bukola Saraki to face his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

The judge dismissed Saraki’s fundamental rights suit to quash the charges against him at the CCT for lacking in merit.

“It appears to me all that the applicant is trying to do is to stop his criminal trial at CCT. The CCT is a competent court to try the criminal matters,” he held.

“This court cannot interfere with the case at the tribunal which has power to try cases.

“It is not appropriate for the applicant to approach this court. This case is hereby dismissed.”

On March 22, Kafarati had withdrawn from the suit filed by Saraki to quash the charges of false declaration of assets brought against him by the federal government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Kafarati had explained that his integrity had been called into question in the matter, hence he would disqualify himself from it.

He had read a report of online medium accusing him of corruption.

He, therefore, said that if he ruled against or for Saraki, his decision would be interpreted differently.

“It is only in this country that people can wake up and start calling people names,” he had said.

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge.”

But Ibrahim Auta, chief judge of the federal high court, prevailed on Kafarati to deliver his judgment on the matter.

In February, after the judgment of the supreme court dismissing Saraki’s appeal to stop his trial, his lawyer, Ajibola Oloyede filed the lawsuit asking the federal high court to stop his trial and to disqualify the chairman of the CCT, who is presiding over the trial.

The senate president couched his prayers in the violation of his rights to fair hearing by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) of which he said did not invite him for explanation before it filed charges against him at the CCT.

He also claimed that his trial was politically motivated, but the court held that he should go and face his trial.
Follow us on twitter @thecableng
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-must-face-trial-court-tells-saraki
Come o, is dis man saraki not ashamed of himself? How many times is he asking a court to discharge d charges against him? If he has no worms in his closet he should allow d court to do their work. Last week he said that he liked what was happening. Why the sudden change again? He is a disgrace to nigerian senate in particulr and legislature in general. Those who claimed that he is thire role model should come out and join him on d hot seat. Role model my foot.

5 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by eyesofgod: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
which court is left for saraki to try his luck now?

There are many, of course, but chiefly, Chukwudi customary court of indolence.

2 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by LemonBoy1: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
9jatriot:
You guys underestimate this guy. He is a drowning man, he will clutch at any straw and that makes him very dangerous. You see his next attempt at modifying the law just to suit his purpose. He sees this fight as a personal fight between him and Tinubu.
Now this is the part that has got me thinking, if Tinubu is as corrupt as he is made to look, why has Saraki not been able to drag him down??

Bros, if na you be saraki, will you not survive what is biting you first before looking for who to bite?

2 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by precious1967(m): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by ransomed: 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
:-- Nna, you have forgotten that it remains Port harCOURT. Barrister Nyesom wike will deliver judgment in his favour. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Bukola Saraki! are your hands clean?

5 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by precious1967(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
customary court to seek for redress or divorce with apc though its optional for him n his followers.

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Kyase(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
kunle75:

The corrupt legislathiefs may equally want to use the 2/3 majority to veto the delay in presidents assent.but the courage to muster such numbers may not there for the fear of jail after the whole thing.............kirkiri loading for saraki
You wey know...... grin
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by 9jatriot(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
But the guy de claim say he na strong man na. This is an opportunity to fight Tinubu if he really has anything against him because I am beginning to think that people really have nothing against tinubu just insinuations
LemonBoy1:

Bros, if na you be saraki, will you not survive what is biting you first before looking for who to bite?

4 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
dyydxx:

soorry to burst your bubbles, from now on his case would be so swift, e go shock you grin

Besides stop playing this retardded line, any new amendments won't affect him.we have said that countless times. To begin with, if they can get the votes to change the act they surely can get the votes to impeach the president. So which is easier and faster

Abeg, Pa chwukud44, go and rest grin

lolz please stop advertising your ignorance.This case would end at the supreme court.No matter what the useless CCT rule,Saraki will remain in power and continue to appeal the judgement.He has more than enough time to amend the CCB act

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by gretblue: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
...Saraki should hire PA Chukwudi44, and let them proceed to the Biafran Court Of Appeal for justice..

Chaiii He will buy the Judges over there at Biafran Court of Appeal since Saraki is there adopted son.

5 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

so Saraki don commot for office? Anyway very soon the useless CCT would be rendered powerless so they better enjoy the few more days of influence they have

no matter the amendment by the senate, it can never catch up with saraki's case as his case has begun before the foolishness of the senate. saraki can't benefit from the madness going on in the senate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
ransomed:
:-- Nna, you have forgotten that it remains[b] Port harCOURT.[/b] Barrister Nyesom wike will deliver judgment in his favour. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Bukola Saraki! are your hands clean?

grin mhen una don over answer my question today
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by gretblue: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:
Biafran court of Justice.Since he's their adopted son
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by dyydxx: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

lolz please stop advertising your ignorance.This case would end at the supreme court.No matter what the useless CCT rule,Saraki will remain in power and continue to appeal the judgement.He has more than enough time to amend the CCB act

The supreme court would affirm the CCT's judgement. Case Closed. Besides, amending the CCB act won't affect Saraki's outcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by modath(f): 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:

no matter the amendment by the senate, it can never catch up with saraki's case as the his case has begun before the foolishness of the senate. saraki can't benefit from the madness going on in the senate

Mind yasef egbon Goke, kilode gan?

Person sleep dey snore & dream, you carry FULL PLANK go dey nack am for head!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by AntiWailer: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Shukuudi Don disappear.
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

Mind yasef egbon Goke, kilode gan?

Person sleep dey snore & dream, you carry FULL PLANK go dey nack am for head!! grin grin

my blood just de hot jare, PMB sef don de too cool for those comedians who call themselves senators, this where I miss baba iyabo, who born saraki and dino, na to de prostrate night and day if na baba iyabo

3 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
dyydxx:

The supreme court would affirm the CCT's judgement. Case Closed. Besides, amending the CCB act won't affect Saraki's outcome.

until then!!If that is the case then you have nothing to fear.Until then Saraki will remain senate president tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by ezebunafo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
GreekDon:
So Pa Chukwudi is already anticipating amended CCB law so that Saraki will walk free?
see,politicians,commissioners dey this forum,even governors since its a faceless forum,dont u notice that pa chukwudi sounds like that southwest gov with running mouth?,he is just using the moniker as camouflage .

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by modath(f): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
Goke7:

my blood just de hot jare, PMB sef don de too cool for those comedians who call themselves senators, this where I miss baba iyabo, who born saraki and dino, na to de prostrate night and day if na baba iyabo

Aswerigod, dat PMB"s "For nobody/everybody" na hin cause this iranu, ra ata ma rayo!!

If he had taken care of biz when it was in its infancy, e for nor become teenage terror now, anyway e never too late!!

2 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Saintp(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
amaechi1:
Nigerians as we celebrate this Judgement, we should not let our guard down. Let continue to pile up the pressure on our leader (across board) for accountability and good governance. These crops of corrupt politician has impoverish nigerians, while the live in affluence.

Saraki sit down and go through the process. Don't bring disgrace to our nation.

I like what you said and i wish it can be so. The fall of Saraki is a win win for Nigerians. However, i wish it will be across board but the unfortunate truth is that it will never be.
What happens here is people defending thier own thief and supporting the prosecution of other thieves.
Some people are rejoicing here not because the hate corruption but because Saraki is not thier own thief. Make any mistake and touch their own thief and you will see a different reaction. Thats why i don't take Nigerian anti corruption crusaders serious.

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Beeman1:
Believing this to happen in the last administration is like believing fetching water with a basket is possible. grin

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

until then!!If that is the case then you have nothing to fear.Until then Saraki will remain senate president tongue tongue tongue
bia nwoke. shame no dey catch you? why you dey console urself. SARAKI IS A GONER. cant u see dat. or has age made ur sight and senses useless? u dis senile old man go get a life. and stop bringing shame to ur household.

1 Like

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

Aswerigod, dat PMB"s "For nobody/everybody" na hin cause this iranu, ra ata ma rayo!!

If he had taken care of biz when it was in its infancy, e for nor become teenage terror now, anyway e never too late!!

Honestly that was what saraki and his goons took advantage of, even PMB eye don see say dem saraki deceive am.

They are two parallel lines, saraki is not interested in PMB's programs for the nation, the earlier PMB gets saraki out of the way, the better for him. Imagine a pdp deputy senate president presiding over a bill sponsored by a pdp senator to thwart APC the ruling party

chai, PMB no try for that one at all o.

2 Likes

Re: Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial by Goke7: 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Saintp:

I like what you said and i wish it can be so. The fall of Saraki is a win win for Nigerians. However, i wish it will be across board but the unfortunate truth is that it will never be.
What happens here is people defending thier own thief and supporting the prosecution of other thieves.
Some people are rejoicing here not because the hate corruption but because Saraki is not thier own thief. Make any mistake and touch their own thief and you will see a different reaction. Thats why i don't take Nigerian anti corruption crusaders serious.

we must start from somewhere bruv, a thief is a thief whether he has supporters or not, na turn by turn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Triplets: Ragnar, Aiden And Liam Femi Fani-Kayode New Photos / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola / Femi Fani-Kayode: Buhari Came To Steal, Kill & Destroy - FFK Replies Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.