Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,885 members, 7,862,999 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

When You Love Yourself - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Love Yourself (592 Views)

To love who you marry or to marry who you love. / Love Yourself / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Love Yourself by firstlady86: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Firstlady, I can’t leave him, I don’t want to be single again. It’s hard being a single lady, I’ll keep enduring and hoping he changes. That was Amaka, my friend, as we had a chat about her relationship.
Her boyfriend Michael has been something else of late, adding to his none-caring attitude is that he verbally abuses her.

Amaka is 35 and owns a flourishing business, and Michael is 38 and a Marketing Head with one of the new generation banks.
She hopes that if she keeps holding on, she will someday become Mrs. Him and find her freedom from the constant harassment of both friends and foes over her singlehood. The fear of walking away and starting all over again, and maybe never finding another man, has trapped her in a relationship where she almost is loosing herself.

One of the hardest things in our society today is to find people letting singles have their own ball.
Singles are daily harassed, their single status being an object of discourse, as though there’s something bad about their single status.

If like me you’ve been made to know that you’re a nobody because you’re single or that you’re irresponsible because you’re yet to be married, then welcome aboard to life.

Sometimes, you’ll find people treating you like you need some pity based on your marital status or challenges(lol).

Hear me: that you are single does not mean your life is not working well.
That you’re a single-never – married mother, does not qualify you as a helpless woman.
Been a divorcee still does not imply your life is not working well.
That you’re facing one marital challenge after another, does not say your life has issues.

The moment you realize that everyone is fighting a battle, you’ll be able to wrap your head around it. Even good marriages has their down times.

No one has life so easy, including in the area of relationships. Every one has their battles, and remember those battles are just a phase. What really matters is your attitude during that phase.

If there’s anything you do, it’s to make lemonade out of the lemon life throws at you.

Get help where it is sure to come from and have it in mind that some people have seen worse times and came out good.

No one has it easy with life, life never promised easy by the way. Life is a journey, you’ve got to just make your journey count.

As much as you must know, everyone in life needs help, that includes that super happy person you admire. The difference is that some people know how to shift focus to positive things than dwell on their challenges.

Never let your marital status be a source of worry to you, nor let another make it their source of concern.
Your marital status is not a cross nor a disaster. Whatever you are going through maritally is just but a phase.

Just as marriage is a phase and blessing, singlehood is a blessing and as well divorce.

Never let anyone put you down because you had a failed marriage. Some died because they were ashamed to leave a bad marriage.
Being divorced doesn’t mean your life is messed up, it means you were strong enough to choose happiness.

Being a never-married-single-mother doesn’t make you a social misfit like they make you believe, it means you are strong enough to keep your prove of love. You have nothing to explain to anyone about your choice, all you need is give yourself all the love you have for you.

At the end you’ll have to ask yourself: am I happy? did I really have to trade my happiness? am I doing right to be happy? can it get worse than this?

Now, that happiness button is found within you. Switch it on!

Thanks for reading. Share your thoughts, comments and suggestions.

http://firstladyibiene.com/firstlady-ibienes-diary-when-you-love-yourself/
Re: When You Love Yourself by sofadj(m): 12:54am On Apr 16, 2016
hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: When You Love Yourself by bigt2(m): 1:02am On Apr 16, 2016
As I dey think about what this operator post say 'when I love myself', na him I come dey ask myself say who I epp sef sad
Re: When You Love Yourself by amokeme(f): 1:22am On Apr 16, 2016
firstlady86:

Being a never-married-single-mother doesn’t make you a social misfit like they make you believe
seem to me like you are encouraging this.
Anyways, I agree with you on the self love ish.
You can't give what you don't have. If you don't love yourself, how do you love someone else?
So its best to draw happiness from within first, and every other thing becomes secondary
Re: When You Love Yourself by talktonase(m): 1:44am On Apr 16, 2016
afterall the pursuit of happiness is all we are chasing...
Re: When You Love Yourself by Akshow: 3:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Marriage is over rated. And the earlier africans know that not everyone is designed to marry or can stand d idea of being married, and that not getting married doesn't make u a misfit, the better

(1) (Reply)

when She Hears You Are Working In An Oil Company... / Crazy Joke Of Auctioning Of Dicks And Cunts / Guys Get In Here And Rate Yourselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.