Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members (23040 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / South East Governors, NASS Members Shun Igbo Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by kennyman2000(m): 8:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by clevadani: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by chimah3(m): 8:37am On Apr 16, 2016
[sup][/sup] undecided
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by 2sexyus: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2016
So if the SHARE had been evenly SHARED, everyone would have kept mute and no one to tell Buhari abi? that's all i can make from this report.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by madone: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2016
who is Nass if i may ask? eh are they not law makers with majority of them APC.most of them bad eggs greedy fools who moved form,pdp cos they were not having their share of the national cake. eh ..its now their turn to chop in thw ne of APC.
same vagabonds ruling nigeria since 1960.
if they leave their children or loyalist take over
its a shame

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by bluecircle470: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2016
Former President Obasanjo once said that National Assembly is the most corrupt institution. I think the former president is now vindicated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2016
AND these constituency projects amount to money about to be signed off and embezzled by these senators.

Legalized thiefoonery..
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by zikter(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:
Why are all exonerating Ameachi. NASS shouldn't be blamed for a ministry's error. Ameachi never included it in the budget. The all uprising in NASS over the missing Lagos-Calabar railway still amazes me.

We should put the blame on Ameachi for such fatal flaw.
did u see any mention of lag-calabar rail in the entire write up or u did not read? they are talking abt huge sums allocated to principal officers of NASS for ghost projects n u are here talking amaechi, abi u dey see am for dream?

2 Likes

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by habsydiamond(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
so the merlins for house don dey show face abi make we morgana dem jare. cos dem be enemy of progress
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2016
I don't know why Buhari can't liaise with the national assembly to prepare a good budget and pass it, despite that his party APC has the majority both in the senate and the lower house. Since Buhari was sworn in almost a year ago which sector can he say he is managing very well? They keep on talking nonsense again and again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by ehins08: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
We need to pray for Buhari bcus this senator wnat to fostrate his plan for naija
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Doyin2(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2016
The House of Reps and Senate should be merged and named NASS,with only one representative from each state.

Apart from the cost savings,corruption would be easier to be dealt with.

Nigeria needs serious and very fundamental restructuring! Are you aware that we Nairalanders can initiate and vigorously followup on a constitutional amendment to this effect?

If you support my motion please click LIKE,if not,SHARE.

7 Likes

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by chukzyblingz(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2016
The problem with the budget is caused by Buhari's intention to steal with the budget which backfired. Buhari is a blame shifter and a poor schemer but his vulnerable followers are blind. I don't know why the NASS members exposed the lies in the budget but all exposures made are true... Buhari planned to steal trillions from the budget. Now that some NASS members wants to steal theirs using the opportunity Buhari cluelessness gave them, everyone's forgotten about the original thief and calling the NASS members the real thief.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
One day for the thief another day for the owner of the house.
So this is what has been going on?
Upon their huge allowance yet. they want to divert our common wealth.
Shame on those guys.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by GOFRONT(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmm......No Wonder they Say "A New SheRRiF is in Town".. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by pfadom: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
BettyOke:

The heat no be here ooo, am walking around in bikini
Tell true. You are feeling the heat otherwise you will be in sweater not bikini.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Modsenemy(f): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2016
NASS will always continue to be Nigeria's biggest problem except they learn to work hand in hand with the executive arm. Better still, the power wielded by the NASS should be reduced.

It's just like a country with two presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by legendsilver(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:
Why are all exonerating Ameachi. NASS shouldn't be blamed for a ministry's error. Ameachi never included it in the budget. The all uprising in NASS over the missing Lagos-Calabar railway still amazes me.

In life, one thing is to know how to READ while another thing is to UNDERSTAND what you read. I think you have the formal but lack the latter.

Reasons why you should write waec yourself

2 Likes

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by kokoA(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2016
Nelkoko:
U mean NASS is afriad of pmb?.... Hahahahaha... If him NO take time na impeachment get am soon.
I call this type "I must comment to" undecided

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by cleverest: 8:57am On Apr 16, 2016
I swear ds ar nothing but distraction.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by ObaKlaz: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
Isn't it glaring? Those disgruntled whistle-blowers squealed to Buhari, not for the love of God nor for their love for Nigeria, but because they have no share in the 'largesse'. Those bastards are all the same!
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by abdul4new(m): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2016
dondo83:

did u go to an arabic school? where in the post was the lagos -calabar rail mentioned? Listen more and talkless , thats a characteristic of a wise person
oshe... I love your response.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by omobaekiti: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2016
chigoizie7:
Just see as everyone is shouting NASS.

The last time I checked, the perpetrators of such acts are major APC big wigs in the house, and also from the northern extraction, PMB's brothers and party members, my take is, why are they so bent on tarnishing his image? Why are they so bent on ridiculling him?

I also read it somewhere that PDP senators mainly from ss/se are in support of PMB's decisions of not signing the budget until everything is rectified.
if you have been following this revelation closely you would know that this addition is not new to the NASS its been a practice of both upper and lower houses,its just that the present dispensation is kicking against it so leave that talk that its an APC or northern senators thing.I laugh at SS/SE senators supporting PMB it will snow in the sahara before they do that,are they not the ones that burdened us with the present leadership of the NASS? SS/SE senators are not ready to help growth rather they want failure so that they can return to their days of looting.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by henryhemon(m): 9:04am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:

When smart and intelligent people are talking fools will show their foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by henryhemon(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2016
Modsenemy:
NASS will always continue to be Nigeria's biggest problem except they learn to work hand in hand with the executive arm. Better still, the power wielded by the NASS should be reduced.

It's just like a country with two presidents.

I did say we should also be mindful of who we vote as senators the way we re suddenly mindful of who becomes governors n presidents.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by domopps(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2016
peacengine:
How NASS go fear PMB? Chai Vanguard grin

Did you read through at all?

Cheeeers

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by banio: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2016
Nelkoko:
U mean NASS is afriad of pmb?.... Hahahahaha... If him NO take time na impeachment get am soon.

People are just praying for this. Inflation is just unbearable, esp when U have many friends and family around U
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by ezebunafo(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
I don't know why Buhari can't liaise with the national assembly to prepare a good budget and pass it, despite that his party APC has the mojority both in the senate and the lower house. Since Buhari was sworn in almost a year ago which sector can he say he is managing very well? They keep on talking nonsense again and again.
ipod alert.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by precious1967(m): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2016
shameless honourable tryin to amend cct acts.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by olagamalin(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:

****try to read. Who mentioned Rail
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Over a 16yr period, PDP made NASS the most lucrative job for treasure hunters and get-rich-quick political quacks who have no clue and care less what our national civic contract is or what to do to uphold its integrity. They kill for opportunity to sit in those chambers and use pen and vote to fleece the national treasury.

Slowly and incrementally, APC is redefining our civic contract and they began at the top....it's no longer business as usual at the NASS! At the end of a 16yr rule by APC we can rest assure only career politicians will be interested in legislative job, the Chambers would long have lost appeal to career thieves that currently occupy it. Not only that, election into NASS will have less casualty and bloodshed at the local level.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Bamz(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2016
LoveMachine:
It's getting hawt out chea! Woooo!

Whatever happened to 'hot'? wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit / Fireworks Over IGP Adamu’s Tenure / President Jonathan Congratulates Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.