Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members (23039 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / South East Governors, NASS Members Shun Igbo Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Nusaf: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2016
legendsilver:

In life, one thing is to know how to READ while another thing is to UNDERSTAND what you read. I think you have the formal but lack the latter.

Reasons why you should write waec yourself
U remind me of one of my lecturers. He has appropriate and good answers to almost every stupid question.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by notoriousbabe: 11:39am On Apr 16, 2016
Our leaders are criminals

Corruption everywhere you go
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by fowowe411: 11:43am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:
Why are all exonerating Ameachi. NASS shouldn't be blamed for a ministry's error. Ameachi never included it in the budget. The all uprising in NASS over the missing Lagos-Calabar railway still amazes me.

We should put the blame on Ameachi for such fatal flaw.
Should justice be sacrificed on the ground of technicalities? I'm so surprise to know that majority of people opposing the Lagos-calabar rail are southners because of their rivalry with Amaechi... The southern part of the country is bigger thatn one man. If not for witch-hunting, Amaechi never included it initially but he later brought it in which you think shouldn't be allowed? Good. What's about senators including items into budget that were never submitted by the executive? I guess you don't see anything wrong in that too. Excellent!

By the time the northerners are through with you all, we all be here when we start hearing "Buhari marginalized the southerners"!
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by george3132001(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2016
Representatives of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by dandollaz: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I thought ipod members and chldren of hate justified the action of NASS.

So this has been going on for years and I'm very sure that during jonathan, it was a free money for all becos he was clueless and his finance minister has even come out to say he lacked the will to save.
In ur very own eyes, buhari will succeed and he will be there till 2023.

For ipod and children of hate, if u dare insult me, remember the report button is still very active.
iweala n jona is not dullard but clueless is accepted
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by flowgroup(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
dondo83:

did u go to an arabic school? where in the post was the lagos -calabar rail mentioned? Listen more and talkless , thats a characteristic of a wise person

CLASSIC REPLY
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by 1009ja: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Saraki's family has held Kwara in bondage for over four decades. Now Bukola, the son of the Olusola Saraki believes he has grown big to do to Nigeria what his family has done to Kwara. I lost my first ever investment in stock (Societe General Bank) thanks to this rogue family. Bukola supervised the looting of that bank and he was not even 30 years of age at that time. PMB should investigate what these fools at NASS have done with huge money allocated to them in the past for constituency projects. Enough is enough. If Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will Nigeria. Now corruption if determined to fight back. Nonetheless, Nigerians have a huge reservoir of hope that PMB is determined to stamp out what it is that is ailing us - corruption.

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by ubah84(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
chigoizie7:
Just see as everyone is shouting NASS.

The last time I checked, the perpetrators of such acts are major APC big wigs in the house, and also from the northern extraction, PMB's brothers and party members, my take is, why are they so bent on tarnishing his image? Why are they so bent on ridiculling him?

I also read it somewhere that PDP senators mainly from ss/se are in support of PMB's decisions of not signing the budget until everything is rectified.
my brother the problem of dis country is the NASS whether apc or pdp.pls stop your hate
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by cyberguy72(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
uboma:

Lol.

Even Pa Chukwudi cannot save Saraki's ass this time around. Saraki is like a time bomb now waiting not to explode but to be deactivated...
rather Saraki is like an Iroko tree.He does not panic
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Yksoul(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
MAJORITY OF NASS MEMBERS WANT TO JEOPARDIZE THE PRESIDENT'S EFFORT.TODAY,IT IS NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL AS IT PLAYED OUT DURING GEJ AND OBJ,BUHARI CANNOT DANCE TO ACT OF CORRUPTION AND LACK OF TRUST.I THINK MOST NASS MEMBERS INVOLVED IN THIS BUDGET PADDING ARE FOO LS AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by saintmark88(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
chigoizie7:

That was the idea for my comment.

Why are APC led members of the NASS be sabotaging his efforts?

I thought they are saints.

I am not a political party apologist, or politicians apologist.

I call a spade a spade when I see one,

I criticise PMB when I see that what he is doing is somehow wrong and I also give credence to his good works.

I have always condemned saraki for the disgrace he is bring to NASS and also to all those senators backing him too.

I am for good governance.

The only thing I clamour for is for all fight against corruption to spread it's tentacles across all Nigerians no matter ur political party affiliation .but when u make it look as if it is one sided? NO, I don't subscribe to that. Also maintain the rule of law too.

Maintaining the rule of law will go a long way into moulding this country and judiciary as a whole, govt will stop employing charge and bail lawyers to represent them simply because they will thwart judgement in their favour because of the government might. It will make them to go back to the drawing board, to investigate b4 arrest and prosecution.

Only when this is achieved will the NASS and other politicians, public office holders know that the game has changed, thus curt ailing their insatiable thirst for corruption. I mean, when a guy on the street steals a phone of 2k, he is sent to 2yrs in jail, but when a politician steals 20billion naira, he gets a court injunction restraining the relevant bodies from investigating or arresting him

First of all, I must say, I respect ur quote, it's brilliant, nd it shows ur neutrality, buh if we must face fact, if u r going to pursue all corrupt leaders, not minding which party they belong to, then we will have no leaders, isn't tht impossible to achieve, the man called Buhari n his youth would have been able to achieve that, buh as a grand father, there r limitations to what he can do.... I am also neutral, but I think so far do good, to d best of my knowledge, he has done a good job, as for witch hunting, I cannot say Ameachi for instance doesn't have skeleton in his cupboard or fashola or other APC governors, but these guys funded his campaign, played a huge role in bringing him to power, if u were n his shoes, wud u immediately turn arnd to jail all of them, it's impossible, I think it's only logical to start with d opposition who just left power....saraki for instance, is he not an APC member, is he not facing corruption charges, yes he is nd Buhari chose to look the other way..... Let's give him some credit......

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by harmbhrosz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
chigoizie7:
Just see as everyone is shouting NASS.

The last time I checked, the perpetrators of such acts are major APC big wigs in the house, and also from the northern extraction, PMB's brothers and party members, my take is, why are they so bent on tarnishing his image? Why are they so bent on ridiculling him?

I also read it somewhere that PDP senators mainly from ss/se are in support of PMB's decisions of not signing the budget until everything is rectified.
bro seriously? What does stealing has to do with a party?

Stealing is a personal act regardless of the region or the party. Those thieves budget their personal money to their constituency n u r relating it to regional/party thing? Nawa o cry

Am still wondering why u related this to partys
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by figure007(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
MabraO:

Did u lose ur sense on ur way here?

Lolz....lwkmd......who knows he Don lose am?
MabraO:

MabraO:

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by ohenhen1: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nelkoko:
U mean NASS is afriad of pmb?.... Hahahahaha... If him NO take time na impeachment get am soon.

They won't dare impeach Buhari.

Even if they do, the supreme court will stop them if they don't have a valid reason to impeach him.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
Which one is constituency projects again? Constituencies this/that, yet, no good roads, no power, no water, no schools and nothing to show for constituencies projects since 1960-date.
Boko haram wer una dey? To boom these lawlooters for us.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by chigoizie7(m): 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
saintmark88:

First of all, I must say, I respect ur quote, it's brilliant, nd it shows ur neutrality, buh if we must face fact, if u r going to pursue all corrupt leaders, not minding which party they belong to, then we will have no leaders, isn't tht impossible to achieve, the man called Buhari n his youth would have been able to achieve that, buh as a grand father, there r limitations to what he can do.... I am also neutral, but I think so far do good, to d best of my knowledge, he has done a good job, as for witch hunting, I cannot say Ameachi for instance doesn't have skeleton in his cupboard or fashola or other APC governors, but these guys funded his campaign, played a huge role in bringing him to power, if u were n his shoes, wud u immediately turn arnd to jail all of them, it's impossible, I think it's only logical to start with d opposition who just left power....saraki for instance, is he not an APC member, is he not facing corruption charges, yes he is nd Buhari chose to look the other way..... Let's give him some credit......

Nice assertions, leaders all over the world aims are to create a better future for its citizens.

U know, in as much as majority of Nigerians are very corrupt to the grass roots, but u can attest to the fact that Nigerians yawned for change, they wanted to see things done differently in this country for once and they were very ready to support that change, thus many voted for PMB, many believed in him, I am an exception to those who believed in him, nevertheless,my vote never counted.

U made mention of amaechi, fashola and other who funded his campaign as to have some skeletons up their cupboard. But u can aswell go with me that "leadership is by example", Nigerians are always guided by the principles of "eye service". When u preach good and u condone bad people as friends and trusted allies, what do u expect the people u are preaching good to do? Of course they will call u a hypocrite, people don't believe in hypocrites.

What am I saying? PMB saw all those allegations hanging on his self acclaimed saints, and then overlooked it and then went after others, it didn't stop corruption, it took corruption to a greater new level, and it is killing the democracy of this country.

U must be a friend of PMB or never challenge him else u will be tried, (tying is not the problem here, but DSS will violate all your fundamental human rights, they never investigated u, they never tried u, but u are being detained for nothing), now even if some people are innocent, they will be afraid to speak because their rights will be stripped off them, weda innocent or not.

On the long run, everyone will try to become friends with the presidency to avert such actions being meted out on them. And what effect will it have on the war against corruption? NO EFFECT at all. As all will still be carrying out their corrupt trades after all we are allies with the president.
And it keeps going down to the grass roots too .and then after 4yrs or 8yrs, another person enters and all goes to his side to avoid being probed, it goes on and on and on and corruption is still there un fought.

We all knew what happened after all those allegations on amaechi where made public, even if PMB wants to still have them in his cabinets, there are so many ways to kill a rat without shedding blood.

But now, many have seen it, this man was accused for so,so and so corrupt practices, u did nothing but to appoint him a minister, u think people are not watching? U think the youths are daft?

Bet me, if things keep going this way, 2019 will be a do or die affair. Those that tot they were being witch hunted or being forced to shut up and never speak will fight so hard to get a revenge and those who are being covered now will also fight so hard to make sure power is not taken from them else they will smell what others are smelling now.

He who wants to appear b4 equity should do so in clean hands. If u want to fight corruption, do it with totality, don't favour some for reasons best known to u, the law is a no respecter of anyone/tribe/religion. Else, u re creating rooms for more corruption.

U can attest to the fact that since PMB's inception that there has been many reported cases of corruption under his nose, TSA, CBN recruitments,NNPC, subsidy palava and so many of them. Why? Because the people involved knew PMB will do nothing because they are his friends or party members. Some people must be scape goats, let amechi, fashola and all those PMB's frinds, be a sacrificial lambs to this war against corruption and u will see everyone changing.

Because people will be like, "hmm, see what PMB did to people who brought him to power, abeg make I park well, because if this man catch me, he will not hear abeg", and that will be cautions, people will start knowing that there is no partiality in this war.

I just pray he gets it right after all, na we the common masses Ee go help on the long run
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Fourwinds: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nelkoko:
U mean NASS is afriad of pmb?.... Hahahahaha... If him NO take time na impeachment get am soon.
hmmm.. it is a pity u reason this way...well u will learn
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Fourwinds: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:
Why are all exonerating Ameachi. NASS shouldn't be blamed for a ministry's error. Ameachi never included it in the budget. The all uprising in NASS over the missing Lagos-Calabar railway still amazes me.

did u attend Arabic school. please go back and read d post again...Pele
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Greenback: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
lawydewy:

See your hatred life!!!

You just hate Ameachi.

At first, no any missing budget, the real story was a secret call to amend it,but the senete started saying stolen budget while house of Rep were saying theirs was intact.

Later, Ameachi went and got it defended, I wonder why do they deduct from Ameachi part? They want to tag Ameachi as a controversial man.

While the northern NASS members were busy lobbying for projects, our southern NASS members were busy tweeting/defending alleged follow/pursuing Abuja aristoss/still sleeping in 2015 election/personal hatred passion for PBM and Ameachi rather fighting for their districts and constituency..........
The man call Ameachi.

God is always on his side............

whats ur problem with the south? The northerners that padded the budget are now losing sleep here u are blaming the south for being on the side of fairness! The south acts,u wicked at heart ppl will scream greediness; they keep calm,u blame them of whatever..ur hatred for the south will lead u to nowhere. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Fourwinds: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
I ssid it dat all these Senators and Honourables are thugs., thieves and corrupt
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Pavarottii(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I thought ipod members and chldren of hate justified the action of NASS.

So this has been going on for years and I'm very sure that during jonathan, it was a free money for all becos he was clueless and his finance minister has even come out to say he lacked the will to save.
In ur very own eyes, buhari will succeed and he will be there till 2023.

For ipod and children of hate, if u dare insult me, remember the report button is still very active.
Fear fear grin
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by Divinehenrich(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
So these has be going on for long. One member of NASS to corner #2billion while millions of Nigerians are dying of hanger.
God bless PMB.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by mikolo80: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nelkoko:
who go show for nass wen dem de on the run from efcc
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by eDoc: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
TPAND:

Ameachi becoming someone's nightmare.
Re: Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members by eDoc: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
canalily:
Its almost a year now and Nigeria has no budget. Joni just dee waka up and downsad

We are in the month of April,it's becoming 4months now we have no budget.
The incumbent government is what is clocking to a year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Helps Stroke Patient Duped By 419ers In Benue (Pics) / Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit / Peter Obi Could Be Nigeria’s Next President - The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.