Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

"ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice (6350 Views)

9ice New Singles Adigun Ojuwon'lo, Attitude & Everyday (free Downloads) / 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba / Wazobia Fm (95.1) - Diplomatic Opj And Akas Baba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by LOVE4(f): 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2006
Can someone plz post the lyrics for "Ruggedy baba" by Ruggedman feat 9ice
and also a link to hear it?
thanks
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by chyziani: 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2006
That song is a banger shocked, I love the song so much! grin
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by diddy4(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2006
can someone please upload the song for those of us that aint in naija to get it? sad sad
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by justkunmi(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2006
thanks for the lyrics.

pls does anyone know where i can download the song from?? plssssssssssss
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by Oracle(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2006
I've not heard the song yet, but i know i will soon
The lyrics is really tight

Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by LOVE4(f): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2006
Thank you so much @femilangy,i really love this song
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by Oracle(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2006
Oh damn i just heard the song, itz really hot
Ruggedman really had a message to pass across
his lyrics are live and direct, i particularly love the chorus

casper thanks for the link
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by nguage(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
When ruggedman raps it is like he is talking to your face. U always have no choice but to be on his side.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by casper(m): 2:25am On Dec 01, 2006
n-guage:

When ruggedman raps it is like he is talking to your face. U always have no choice but to be on his side.

true talk
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by skingo(m): 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2006
the song is nice, very matured, cool, easy flowin, big ups to ruggedman for this one, i liek the message, the flow, the sounds in the background and then 9ice, that guy is going to be something to nigerian hooks!
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by Grizzly(m): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2006
Thats a lil bit of crap,
what he think he is, ?
i aint hating on him but, why shud he be praising himself, ?
u started singing in vernacular to start churning in the dough, ?
pleasssseee,
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by casper(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2006
Grizzly:

Thats a lil bit of crap,
what he think he is, ?
i aint hating on him but, why should he be praising himself, ?
u started singing in vernacular to start churning in the dough, ?
pleasssseee,

are you OK ? the truth is always bitter sha.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by Grizzly(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2006
And whats the truth.?
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by casper(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2006
before ruggedman the only raps you heard apart from trybesmen were, eedris and rasqie

and their rap was : "figidi migidi shigidi fre fre fre fre "

but after he came out did you hear that again?

i would have giving you the whole story but i dey go for one exam now.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by gbadex1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2006
@ Grizzly:

the truth? Apart from even what casper said, another bitter truth so-called Nigerian hiphop heads have to realizd is that rapping in pidgin/vernacular doesn't make one a wack rapper or a sellout. That's the stupid impression most Nigerian "heads" have, and that was the message in the song. Sticking to your roots, while still doing hiphop the right way.

Fact is, most of these stupid heads feel if you don't spit a punchline or metaphor in a song or rap in pidgin, you are wack. And it is really irritating.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by kaydee(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2006
@ Casper
What? "figidi migidi shigidi fre fre fre fre " from Trybesmen? Get ur facts right dude.Ruggedman ain't better than anyone of them. They all iller than Ruggedman and they didn't come out snitchin on other rappers only to go back to what they do. The truth is 80% of those who rap in pidgin are wack.Facto! Freestyle made me believe a pidgin rapper cud be very ill and Lord of Ajasa too made me bliv rappin in ur mother tongue cud be nice.
Let's face fact,who knew Ruggedman back then when he sang that Ish with Paul Play?Snitchin brought him fame and he ain't dope and if U think he is,U're wack urself.Simple.Ur state of mind is far from Hip-Hop,if U wanna grow,Listen to Trybesmen,modenine and lately SauceKid(I ain't heard enuff 2 judge him though).I'ma rest for now but if not for 9ce,i'll neva play this song again.Can u hear him tell U he's gone commercial just to get money,Another Hungry rapper or what is he saying in verse 2? Big up to ModeNine for remainin dope and droping those ill metaphors.If i want a drance track,i'll listen to Ruff Rugged and Raw and not Ruggedman.even Baraje be like diss song.
Enuff for now
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by tosinadeda: 1:22am On Dec 28, 2006
@kaydee
abeg read casper's post well
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by gbadex1(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2006
@tosinadeda:

thank you for that statement.

@kaydee:

ruggedman ain't dope? and you are? Please don't make me laugh! Exactly what do you mean by ruggedman "snitching"? In 2002, He spat a diss track to wackasses and Influential figures in the Industry who were polluting Hiphop, something no one has ever done. The Mode9 you keep showering with groupie luv can't even throw a direct diss to his perceived enemies, but rather slings subliminals at 'em (child's play). Even when Ghetto P and Sauce Kid dissed him on a track ("Buddy", i think. ), Mode9 could not even do jack. And in my opinion, Ghetto P ripped him a new asshole. Yet Mode9 couldn't throw a simple diss track.

Ruggedman is what he is: dope. And has contributed to the industry. And he should be given credit for that.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by gbadex1(m): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2006
. . .and about rapping in pidgin. True a lot of heads rapping in pidgin are wack, BUT so are heads rapping in English!!! The facts some rapping in pidgin are wack DOES NOT mean ALL ARE WACK!! You make too broad a generalization and that's close to stereotyping! Ruggedman is among those ill cats who can spit it tight in pidgin and yet in english.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by chukky76(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2006
gbade.x i'm not one to get into beefs and dissing but you really have to be objective about this whole ish.now i love rugged mans songs , i feel he can be a very talented and real rapper if he wasnt sooo commercial but he is a self proclaimed sell-out to hard core rap or are you not listening to the lyrics of rugeddy baba. i advise you scroll up and read it properly. he knows he is a sell out and is just giving excuses as to why, and yes he rose to the top of the scene snitching out on rappers eedris and maintain and rasqui, now no one is saying that the snitching wasnt a good thing, but it was snitching alll the same.

and its exactly the same kind of shit that sauce kid, ghetto P and their lame ass whack crew were trying to pull on the ninestine. they heard naija music was blowing up and the way they felt they could appear on the scene was by calling out battles with naija's finest, read the forums and see how he, under his pseudonyms which we see thru hypes himself on killing gino ina freestyle battle and allegedly calling mode9 out to battle. its all marketing and i'm sorry you cant see thru all this. mode 9 saw thru it and wouldnt be bothered, like he said in one of his interviews, if you feel that you're all that pay your dues and make your name and dont try to piggy back your way to the top.

its easy to sling insults and to tear people new arseholes lyrically, any idiot can achieve that, ,.i'm just glad mode9 was the bigger man and ignored their childish antics
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by gbadex1(m): 6:58am On Dec 30, 2006
@chukky:

Puhleeeeese, don't give me that!

First off, i suggest you should be the one to read ruggedman's verse in "ruggedybaba". You are only making up reasons and excuses WHY YOU DON'T LIKE RUGGEDMAN (i dare say). The message in that song is clear as a crystal, no innuendos and no metaphor/ punchlining bullshit. Read and understand the lyrics of that song as it is, and do not re-construct it to give it your own meaning!

Second, exactly what do you mean by "snitching"? Do you even know what snitching is? I'd leave that to you to decipher.

Third, every known battle rapper in the history of Hip-hop has proven his worth by battling other mcs (even non-battle cats have proven their worth) . Examples are Canibus, Immortal Technique, Eminem, NaS, Common, 2pac, LL Cool J, Jin, Cassidy, Papoose, Murda Mook, KRS-1, Big L, Jadakiss, DMX, Ice Cube, what the hell. . . .even 50 cent!!
So telling me that Mode9 didn't reply back because he was a big boy and sh*t like that is just a silly excuse. You could as well tell LL Cool J that when Canibus launched the attack!! Ll Cool J didn't just say, "oh sh*t, i'm a big boy in the industry. Canibus is just a young and upcoming artiste and he ain't got nuthin' on me". No! He went ahead and replied back and the first round in that battle was venemous!! So don't give me that sh*t about Mode9 not wanting to reply. And i still maintain Ghetto P tore his yansh open!!

"Now did you ever know Mode9 is a b*tch?!!" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by chukky76(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2006
"Dem prefer me when I been be/ hard core/
Like when I dropped What If and split the air waves/
Bur financially that left me grounded like Nigerian Airways /
What if I tell you say I only do one or two shows/
What if them no pay me well enough to buy one good shoe or some good clothes?/"

Gbade.x i would really love to believe that you are educated. let me give you the benefit of that doubt. what about the above quote do you not understand?? so where do you get off saying i'm reconstructing my own meanings from it. its written in english abi? and ytou said it yourself, no metaphors and innuendos so its clear to all.

dude i only used the word snitching because thats the term u guys have been bandying all over the thread so lets not argue semantics okay. you know what the thread denotes by snitching, dont even argue english with me, you dont want to go there

i love rugged man so dont even say i'm looking for ways to hate him but the dude just aint hardcore and neither is he keeping it real. like someone said higher up in the thread it doesnt matter what u bust in as long as you do it the right way. and the right way is metaphors and punchlines, thats what hiph op is about, rugged man is a commercial rapper , at best an entertainer, but we love him for it

and thank you for saying battle rappers do lyrical battle all the time.
case in point: mode9 is not a battle rapper and yes he is a bigger boy. sauce kid is too small for him,

you heard recently that to in an attempt to give himself more street cred and to aid his lil bow wow to bow wow transition, his promoters advised him to call out battle and he picked will smith and publicly disses will. while we all know that will smith aint no hardcore rapper but he is a legend and a hip hop pioneer and deserves respect. did you see will smith engaging in lyrical battles with the kid? no way. because as soon as he mentions bow wows name in a song , he has given him street cred and has endorsed him as a lyrical contender if not equal, so will smith ignored the little twit.

thats the same thing with modenine and sauce. sauce is just a lil twit .
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by rikkyjen(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2006
This guy is dope on Tracks!
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by rikkyjen(m): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2006
Naija Sef? Have been hearing grounds dat this track was aimed at Modenine, but ruggedy has denied it. where are 'em rumors coming from?
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by bgees(m): 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2006
not that this song was aimed at modenine. it was aimed at people like him. people who dont understand hiphop,people who dont know hiphop is a culture and that culture influences it.
i think rugged wants to save nigerian hiphop .
modenine ,OD, KB and many wannabees dont understand hiphop.
modenine would feel guilty for sure when he heard this track.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by nike4luv(f): 2:27am On Jan 01, 2007
his songs r great, i dont know why some people dont like him, i love his song, 'club rugged'
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by kaydee(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2007
@ Gbade.X
It's obvious from Chukky's quote of Ruggedman's 2nd verse that he's anotha hungry rapper and i'm sure he'll regret that verse later.Talkin bout Snitchin,Ruggedman is a SNITCH!Aight lemme re-phrase,a SNITCH is Ruggedman!Period.
How did Eedris blabbin and Rasqie affect him?Trybesmen didn't diss them though they were the ones losing real awards to the wack ass Eedris.Do U wanna tell me they dunno Eedris is wack?O.k what's his b'ness with Maintain? U want to tell me U dunno they were "samplin?". It's obvious Ruggedman is just an opportunist.The guy is just blowing his trumpet and only peep whose state of mind is far from Hip-Hop can hear him. Who told him "What If" split the airwaves?I'm sure 80% of Ruggedman's fans dunno the song(Conduct a poll urself). If U think Ruggedman is dope,U damn wack urself!
About Modenine not dissing those gangsta wannabe,we all know where Modenine lyrically @.Look at all those punches he's been throwing in his songs at no one in particular and U ask urself,if he's throwin them at someone in particular,that person's career is goin down.Like Dr Dre,he's throwin his punches and keepin they names outta his mouth so he won't give them what they want.

It's simple,if i wanna be a star today,i'ma just release Ruggedman's opaks decoder and i'm a star and that makes me a SNITCH like him.I'll rather come up like Trybesmen and Modenine.

@ Bgees
I dunno where to start with U but a fool can keep quiet and no one will know he's one.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by bgees(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2007
kaydee or gaydee,
i know u dont understand what a snitch really is. as a real hiphop head, i see so many rappers in ur modenine.
now want do u know about hiphop.
its evident u know nothing.u might give it a try by defining hiphop for me.
when u hear westcoast rap.u know its westcoast
rap from d eastcoast is so unque, so also is southern rap. this is were culture comes in.
so modenine should rhyme like a nigerian. if hiphop is a code for communicatin wit d people,then middy is not representing hiphop. how many people understand wat he says.
so read ur books before u attack me.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by kaydee(m): 5:10am On Jan 03, 2007
B*tchgee grin
Lmao grin cheesy grin,U don't wanna F*ck with me! U must be a detective.U can tell a westcoast rapper from Eastcoast when U hear them sing.!!! Hmmn!!! That must be spiritual.Then U can identify a southern rapper too!!! O.k,U're trying to tell me U can tell Ruggedman is from Nigeria when U hear him rap?Even ma five year old cousin can tell too but that's where ur folly sets in.Play both Ruggedman's and Modenine's track to an underground MC from other continents and tell him to tell U where they from and that will cure U of ur folly.It's betta U don't post again coz U revealin more of ur ignorance.
Re: "ruggedy Baba" By Ruggedmanfeat 9ice by gbadex1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2007
@ bgees:

lol @ this topic. y'all would notice i didn't bother replying their posts (mostly because i don't have the time, been busy), and also because of the "tunnel reasoning" kaydee and chukky seem to utilise.

When i get on a pc, i'ma post well enough.

@ kaydee:

"i must be damn wack?!" rof-lmao!!! How hilarious!! dude, i don't have much to say but if u want to test my capabilities, just say so.

u know what? set up a battle thread and let's see who wins. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD ALBUM/ZIP/RAR: Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (2020) / Which Region In Nigeria Produces The Best Musicians? / FREE BEAT: Kiss Daniel – “sin City” (instrumental)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.