Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (910182 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LGDON: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Gcapable:
I study there
Good to know u study there

I need info from someone that study there, I want to apply for masters and bsc program at once in the university this coming summer

I don't know if its possible
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hafeetech:
Please is anybody in the house studying in Germany with DAAD scholarship or applying for DAAD scholarship? Or do you know anybody who has applied for Daad scholarship or trying to apply.

Gurus in the house abeg I need your help

@unclejudax, @liftedkris, @detutu, @Mille, @frankie2k, @lekanjava, @Dabigmax1, @yettyclesa, @Gcapable, @fab11

Already told you to visit the Consulate. Daad scholarship is quite complicated and very limited.

So, the consulate is still where I recommend.

Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by celestialAgent(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
thatafricanchic:
Hello Guys,

I need urgent help! I had my visa interview in Accra and posted my account opening forms to DB. In Ghana you can only open the account after the interview.

Now I had filled this form a while back so right after my interview I had it certified and posted it.

After posting it I was just randomly checking online when I realised that the form available online now is slightly different from what I posted. The form online has questions on who will transfer the money, your relation to the person and how you got the money. It also has an option for whether you prefer post or email notification.

Now the forms I sent did not have these additional questions. I am just wondering if the forms have been update/changed. It is really driving me crazy as I dont want to lose time with anything. I am yet to hear from DB as its only been a week since I posted the documents but I am wondering if I sent the wrong documents or not.

Has any one noticed the different forms? Will my account still be opened? Please I need help
in Nigeria, the Old form is still valid. donno abt Accra.

btw, do you have a Nigeria passport or a Ghana passport?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thatafricanchic: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ghanaian passport. I enquired but they said the old form is still valid till 31st July. But then you have to still put in 8640 and you need a supplementary form for that.

celestialAgent:
in Nigeria, the Old form is still valid. donno abt Accra.

btw, do you have a Nigeria passport or a Ghana passport?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
mikky4all:
Anyone in university of cologne or going to university of cologne.
I guess you mean Koln
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nosky247: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Armaniii:
Someone that went to the embassy today said a guy was sent back because he came with the new online booking system. Our friend at the gate said the only valid form of appointment is the one where you send a mail with your documents. angry angry angry
How can someone go to the embassy today with the new online booking system when the date from which the online started from is 9th August. That person must be a criminal. Lolz

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nosky247:
How can someone go to the embassy today with the new online booking system when the date from which the online started from is 9th August. That person must be a criminal. Lolz
Nice observation!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adesade: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
please can anyone recommend a university for my wife for phd she studied mathematics
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
okezie007:

I guess you mean Koln
yes bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
biglord:
for health insurance u can just get ur German health insurance from Barmer GEK. They wud issue a certificate without u paying until u get to Germany, that's if u re less than 30. If u are above 30. U can also contact Union. If u prefer the Nigerian travel insurance. Try IGI or Unitrust insurance. Congrats
please which one do u advise me to use? Am even bellow 25yrs

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
wink cheesy
babewhirl:

Hi, Congrats.... please when was your interview?
I did my interview in April...... Its a long story grin
babewhirl:

Hi, Congrats.... please when was your interview?
I did my interview in April...... Its a long story
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
UncleJudax:

You can courier all the documents + a self addressed, prepaid envelope to the consulate, since you are not within lagos.

-For insurance, Check IGI
-27th is fine, that's 2 weeks ahead.
-Travel date, you can put any date after August (maybe a range)...it can be in the form of a letter.

Erhhh. Just for some clarity, if you can, you have got confirmation from DB ,yes? And how much did you transfer (total)?

Good luck!
thanks for ur information!
Yes I have got confirmation from DB
I transferred 8090€

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:
please which one do u advise me to use? Am even bellow 25yrs
u can use Barmer GEK. U can get the certificate in two days . With this u don't need to start doing Nigerian travel insurance. I ll send u the email to contact via whatsapp
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
oteri08:
baba I don send you PM
I replied ur pm
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omojaiyejaiye: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:
wink :DI did my interview in April...... Its a long story ;DI did my interview in April...... Its a long story

It would be nice to learn from your experience. Why not share the story?

Congratulations
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
mikky4all:
yes bro.
If you meant Cologne Univeristy of Applied Sciences am interested in goin too
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by biggiyke(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
good evening guys, im new here. im planning a vacation to hiddenhausen with my wife and son this summer. i have the invitation letter and all other docs.

my questions are 1) about getting a visa appointment at the consulate, i cant access the portal online.
2) do i need to have a confirmed flight booking?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JogahBonito(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi everyone, I want to find out about the following:
1. The implication of funding the blocked account before the interview. Is there any negative or positive implication?
2. The implication of funding above the blocked amount.

I will be very glad to get responses especially from the veterans. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:
thanks for ur information!
Yes I have got confirmation from DB
I transferred 8090€
congratulation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babewhirl: 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:
wink :DI did my interview in April...... Its a long story ;DI did my interview in April...... Its a long story

Haa please share the story o.
We are just here praying for visa appointment notification.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by quille11: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
babewhirl:

Hello house,
Is it possible for me to apply for visa without paying the 8640 euros in a deutsch bank. I already have someone residing in Germany who is ready to present necessary documents and act as my sponsor. You sincere opinion will be appreciated
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by quille11: 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
babewhirl:

We are just here praying for visa appointment
notification.

Hello house,
Is it possible for me to apply for student visa without paying the 8640 euros in a deutsch bank. I already have someone residing in Germany who is ready to present necessary documents and act as my sponsor. You sincere opinion will be appreciated
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
biggiyke:
good evening guys, im new here. im planning a vacation to hiddenhausen with my wife and son this summer. i have the invitation letter and all other docs.

my questions are 1) about getting a visa appointment at the consulate, i cant access the portal online.
2) do i need to have a confirmed flight booking?

Q1. Download opera mini browser on your phone, you can access the portal there using it and book your appointment

Q2. No you do not need to have a confirmed booking, just do a "book-on-hold" style of reservation (like you do with aero, arik, etc) then print it out the confirmation end from either your mailbox or from the site.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
quille11:

Hello house,
Is it possible for me to apply for visa without paying the 8640 euros in a deutsch bank. I already have someone residing in Germany who is ready to present necessary documents and act as my sponsor. You sincere opinion will be appreciated

If you already have someone to act as your sponsor then you do not need to deposit 8640€ in DB, all your sponsor needs to do is make an appointment with Ausländerbehörde. They will give him a date and time to come, and the docs to bring along.

Shikena

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
quille11:

Hello house,
read 2 or 3pages back...someone explained how d sponsorship tin goes

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
babewhirl:

to cut the long story short, I did interview on 31st March but block account funding delayed my funding till my enrolment deadline passed. I then sent an email to my school in Würzburg requesting for deferment of admission since the course is also available for winter session. They sent me a new admission letter for winter session which I immediately forwarded to the embassy bcs I was afraid my application may be rejected on the ground that I didn't provide means of sustenance.
In the email I sent to the embassy, I attached my new admission letter, and also asked them if I needed a new interview even though I have a new admission letter from same school.
Minutes letter, the embassy replied me and told me that with the new admission letter, that my application will be deferred till winter... I. Kept attempting to fund till one day in MAY my account got funded and the details sent to me by DB.... I forwarded it to the embassy at once but didn't get any reply.... After one month I sent them a message asking if they saw my DB confirmation and they replied that the document was already with them. I became more relaxed.. I took chill pill and continued my waiting game till today. Thank God the storm is over

Thanks all....we shall all give a positive testimony in Jesus name

13 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 1:04am On Jul 14, 2016
liftedkris:
I sent u a PM, pls reply. I need to discuss somtin with u. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 1:06am On Jul 14, 2016
liftedkris:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lateralmaths(m): 4:56am On Jul 14, 2016
I'm going for an academic conference scheduled to start 30th August. I just registered and got a letter of invite to attend d conference. Pls what category of visa should I apply for and how do I book for visa interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2016
Lateralmaths:
I'm going for an academic conference scheduled to
start 30th August. I just registered and got a letter of
invite to attend d conference. Pls what category of
visa should I apply for and how do I book for visa
interview?

You are applying for a Category C (Business) Visa

All you need to know about your visa is found here: http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/Vertretung/nigeria/en/04-1_20Visa/Short_20term_20visa/Visa_20Categories.html

Here is your checklist: http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4652954/Daten/5991330/Checklist_business_visa.pdf

To book your appointment, please visit the embassy's website

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by un48table: 7:29am On Jul 14, 2016
please for those going to Rhine west, let's come together, so that we can share information and make necessary arrangement, especially concerning accommodation. We can even create a whatsapp group. Also those in rhine west should also help us with necessary info and advice us about the do's and don'ts

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babewhirl: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2016
liftedkris:
to cut the long story short, I did interview on 31st March but block account funding delayed my funding till my enrolment deadline passed. I then sent an email to my school in Würzburg requesting for deferment of admission since the course is also available for winter session. They sent me a new admission letter for winter session which I immediately forwarded to the embassy bcs I was afraid my application may be rejected on the ground that I didn't provide means of sustenance.
In the email I sent to the embassy, I attached my new admission letter, and also asked them if I needed a new interview even though I have a new admission letter from same school.
Minutes letter, the embassy replied me and told me that with the new admission letter, that my application will be deferred till winter... I. Kept attempting to fund till one day in MAY my account got funded and the details sent to me by DB.... I forwarded it to the embassy at once but didn't get any reply.... After one month I sent them a message asking if they saw my DB confirmation and they replied that the document was already with them. I became more relaxed.. I took chill pill and continued my waiting game till today. Thank God the storm is over

Thanks all....we shall all give a positive testimony in Jesus name

Wow...that's an interesting one. God always comes through

Wish you the very best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.