Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909128 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiBoss: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Adahhh:

Essen

Congrats! You have chosen a very nice and vibriant city. There are a lot of cheap student housing in Essen. I advice u register with the studentenwerk immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Adahhh:
Hello house, I just gained admission into the University of Duisburg-Essen for winter semester. Is anyone schooling there presently who can give me advice especially as regards accommodation? I was going through the studentenwerk website and discovered the deadline for accommodation application is in 3days time. Besides, I've not started my visa application process.
Thanks.
bsc or msc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogagaejay: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
OK guys. All you who have already gained admission to study in Hesse. Send me a PM. I will send you my number if you do, add you on whatssap ,maybe render any form of assistance, you can also meet other students too. You might not need to miss your way and learn from.it, like I did .cheers. The guy who want to pay for uniassist, did you see my reply?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Adahhh: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
DiBoss:

Congrats! You have chosen a very nice and vibriant city. There are a lot of cheap student housing in Essen. I advice u register with the studentenwerk immediately.
Thanks DiBoss.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Adahhh: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
sawhite:
bsc or msc
Msc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
frankie2K:
pls house,throw more light on this sponsorship Letter for visa application.can't seems to find the detailed information on d German site.Just need a comprehensive details of it or link on where to read it up..

Am using a sponsorship letter, so feel free to ask me your questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
UncleJudax:

It is a peculiar case...what's your rate?

oh okk...truthfully I have no idea, the payment being made is 8040 so i am considering making the balance myself.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
detutu1:

oh okk...truthfully I have no idea, the payment being made is 8040 so i am considering making the balance of 600 myself.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
detutu1:

oh okk...truthfully I have no idea, the payment being made is 8040 so i am considering making the balance of 600 myself.

I think the banks are only using the amount in the account opening letter.

So, yes...the €600 is via black market if you don't use the new form.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
bia shocked shocked, which one is 8820 again biko... abeg anybody funding soon?
mcfwesh:
DB just sent my account details. They request I pay in 8820 euros + 50 euros as that is the minimum amount accepted. I wan faint!! Epp me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hi, please is there anyone here studying in HTW berlin?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mcfwesh(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
UncleJudax:

€8,870? Thats extra €180. What could be the maths behind it?

I truly can't understand. Is that the new rate? Those who recently got their IBAN from Deutsche Bank should corroborate or downplay this please.

Meanwhile, is one expected to book another appointment at the German embassy when DB asks for additional information for the blocked account opening or can just walk in?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
fab11:
did u get admitted there?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
mcfwesh:

I truly can't understand. Is that the new rate? Those who recently got their IBAN from Deutsche Bank should corroborate or downplay this please.

Meanwhile, is one expected to book another appointment at the German embassy when DB asks for additional information for the blocked account opening or can just walk in?
My DB account was opened last week, the amount stated there is 8040.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ermmm. How much does the Embassy (Abuja) charge for account opening/extension certification? And would I have the choice of sending it myself?

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yettyclesia: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Adahhh:

Yeah, it's envitox. Thanks soo much. But which of the residence would you recommend?
that is my department but currently in my final Semester. i will recommend eckenbergstr , its new and also Close to School, the ones you could trek down to uni is auf der Union but in auf der Union you electricity bill seperately if i am correct. just check all the Services each hostel has to offer and make your choice
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
mcfwesh:

The new rate is €8640+ (50 or150).

Interested in your question...I would like to send a supplementary form for account extension...and DB always say the Embassy has to authenticate any form to be sent to them.

I really do not want to go to the embassy...not a fun place to be grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Yes
biglord:
did u get admitted there?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alumith: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello All,

I got a MSc admission to study environmental science in the university of koblenz landau, i am still waiting from Cottbus, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg coz i processed the admission application to the two schools at the same time. I am to resume in koblenz on the 1st of October, considering the time needed for visa processing and all, do you advise i wait any longer? Please can anyone compare both and advise which one to go for?

Also, for accommodation, koblenz sent me an email to me introducing studierendenwek with the option of on-campus self contained apartment for 300euro and one has to pay for 6months. Do you advise i go for this as a single man? is the price normal or should i look out for off-campus accommodation?

Also, will i need the original letter of offer for the block account opening? As i have an appointment with the embassy on the 19th of July (Nextweek tuesday) and on my offer letter is number 21st of my street in Lag, i am not resident in Lag (work) so i didnt know that our street address has been changed. So just spoke with my mum now and she informed me that our house is now number 17 and number 21 doesn't exist on the street anymore. All i have now is the electronic copy that was sent to my email.

Please i need advice urgently.

Many Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
fab11:
Yes
congrats, what course, msc or bsc and when did ur admission notification drop?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
Alumith:
Hello All,

I got a MSc admission to study environmental science in the university of koblenz landau, i am still waiting from Cottbus, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg coz i processed the admission application to the two schools at the same time. I am to resume in koblenz on the 1st of October, considering the time needed for visa processing and all, do you advise i wait any longer? Please can anyone compare both and advise which one to go for?

Also, for accommodation, koblenz sent me an email to me introducing studierendenwek with the option of on-campus self contained apartment for 300euro and one has to pay for 6months. Do you advise i go for this as a single man? is the price normal or should i look out for off-campus accommodation?

Also, will i need the original letter of offer for the block account opening? As i have an appointment with the embassy on the 19th of July (Nextweek tuesday) and on my offer letter is number 21st of my street in Lag, i am not resident in Lag (work) so i didnt know that our street address has been changed. So just spoke with my mum now and she informed me that our house is now number 17 and number 21 doesn't exist on the street anymore. All i have now is the electronic copy that was sent to my email.

Please i need advice urgently.

Many Thanks
you are good to go with the electronic copy and pls dont wait. time is short
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
fab11:

contact Flapper or Promise2
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Anyone in university of cologne or going to university of cologne.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Today, msc conRem, dropped it last month
biglord:
congrats, what course, msc or bsc and when did ur admission notification drop?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lekanjava: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good day to all my Bosses on this platform, I must say I haven't seen anything as helpful as what fellow Nigerians are doing here and I really appreciate everyone especially those that have been helpful by answering questions from part 1 to part 2 and now 3.

though have been following this thread for some weeks now and have learn alot but my bro and sis I need your help with the below Q's and how to go about this Germany master stuff

(1) I'm currently serving(nysc) with an IT firm in Abuja. will finish the service year by September 2016.
(2)I graduated with 3.0/5 from Mathematics
Though I'm a computer software developer(self study) but works as a network Engineer in the firm I'm serving at.
please what is my gp in German conversation because I found a course I like but they told me I must be a little more than average student before I can apply for it, which I think they will use gp to judge 'more than average'
(3)I have note down some five courses I will like to pick from to study in Germany all computer related
(4)I have my original result and transcript with me
(5) will finish NYSC by September

(6) how much must I have in my block account to travel and what the concept of the block account.

please big bro and sis kindly help me out with where to start and what to do next,which visible batch to apply for and what I needed to do.
I have tried to go through as many page as I could from part 1 to 2 and now 3 , and my eyes are already becoming soar.
thanks so much in advance
#oneLove
#respectFrom#LekanJava
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
Thanks bruv but i honestly dont know how I'd cc them or contact them
uchezdedon:

contact Flapper or Promise2
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aghogho846: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
noordyn:
let just keep hope alive and expect sth good from them hopefully. like to hear from u too.
sorry bro for late respond, I did my interview with them last week Tuesday at about 12:45 naja time,though I have not hear from them since then_how about u,?and what qualification did u use to apply please
.did u apply in other schools
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lekanjava: 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good day to all my Bosses on this platform, I must say I haven't seen anything as helpful as what fellow Nigerians are doing here and I really appreciate everyone especially those that have been helpful by answering questions from part 1 to part 2 and now 3.

though have been following this thread for some weeks now and have learn alot but my bro and sis I need your help with the below Q's and how to go about this Germany master stuff

(1) I'm currently serving(nysc) with an IT firm in Abuja. will finish the service year by September 2016.
Though I'm a computer software developer(self study) but works as a network Engineer in the firm I'm serving at.
(3)I have note down some five courses I will like to pick from to study in Germany all computer related

(6) how much must I have in my block account to travel and what the concept of the block account.

please big bro and sis kindly help me out with where to start and what to do next,which visible batch to apply for and what I needed to do.
I have tried to go through as many page as I could from part 1 to 2 and now 3 , and my eyes are already becoming soar.
#oneLove
#respectFrom#LekanJava
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SurveyorD: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Lekanjava:

#oneLove
#respectFrom#LekanJava

Go to daad.de you can search for the courses you want to apply with. If you grade after conversion doesn't meet the requirements, you can choose to do BSC instead of MSC, BSC takes 3.5 years and MSC is 2 years.
Just search daad.de all German schools are their and their requirements.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.