Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (910172 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peppo4live: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2016
iamzizou:
yeah, thanks bro... 8 to 9 appointment dn finish sef, na 7 to 8 remain... but the mail they send to me was written in Dutch o, hope n problem printing it in Dutch like that?
I wanted to book for visa processing and the web's is displaying unfortunately there is no appointment available.....does this date mean Sept 09/2016?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fab11: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2016
Please who is in HTW berlin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frankie2K(m): 7:06am On Jul 13, 2016
@Leprof1,pls what nd what should be d content of the letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frankie2K(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2016
@yettyclesia,@Diboss,please how is d course and what about the lecturers.secondly u mentioned about paying before coming,please elaborate on dat cos paying 600euros from naija is good but considering how to transfer d money is another wahala pls share ur experience on how one will survive if he didn't pay from naija.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frankie2K(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2016
and don't have someone in NRW.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gcapable(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2016
I study there
fab11:
Please who is in HTW berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dabigmax1: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Good afternoon everyone, pls I received my long awaited admission letter from fachhochschule stralsund yesterday...do I need to just visit the German embassy to open a block account and book for my appointment or i need to book an appointment to do this and if yes pls I need you guys to help provide the link so I can book right away....urgent response pls..thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2016
Mille:
Please I need direction from CMS to IGI insurance office.
I think there is one between Sarka Tinubu and Adeola Odeku.
Board a bus going to Adeola Odeku, stop at CFAO junction (before SPAR), just a stone throw away (by your right).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yettyclesia: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2016
frankie2K:
@yettyclesia,@Diboss,please how is d course and what about the lecturers.secondly u mentioned about paying before coming,please elaborate on dat cos paying 600euros from naija is good but considering how to transfer d money is another wahala pls share ur experience on how one will survive if he didn't pay from naija.
i can´t exactly describe the course. i guess your Background and mindset says alot. if you have very good chemistry Background you are good to go, its was not easy for me, for lecturers it depends on the Kind of Student you are, if you are hardworking they will be willing to help and mind you we are representing our Country, i feel they take more students from an african contry that represent well and drop from those that does the opposite. if i say its an easy course u might find it difficult or other way round, just go through the course module.All i can say is it takes all your of your time. for the accomodation the only way to survive is to get an Hotel but how do you pay for that for a longterm? if you dont pay from Nigeria they will put you on a waiting list which might take months before you finally get an accomodation with that you are not settled for few months and exam is Close by. so try to pay before you leave home. for me i had to travel distance of 2 hours daily when i first got here, it was not easy for me. so my advice is secure accomodation first by all means

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideababa: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2016
pls i need guide on how to travel to either hong Kong and Bahamas . I hold the Gambian passport and I know they ate both visa free countries for up to 90 days.what are the pre required arrangement to go? pls advise me

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2016
Someone that went to the embassy today said a guy was sent back because he came with the new online booking system. Our friend at the gate said the only valid form of appointment is the one where you send a mail with your documents. angry angry angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by un48table: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2016
let me just pretend i didn't hear that at all. Because after my blocked account appointment last week tuesday, i immediately booked for my visa appointment using the first method and till now i haven't gotten any feed back. But when i used the new method on satuday of last week, i got an instant reply. please someone should help us confirm the authenticity of this info.
Armaniii:
Someone that went to the embassy today said a guy was sent back because he came with the new online booking system. Our friend at the gate said the only valid form of appointment is the one where you send a mail with your documents. angry angry angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lol. I pretended i didnt hear him too but then i am worried. I applied since Monday of last week and nothing has been done till date. And they think its fair.

un48table:
let me just pretend i didn't hear that at all. Because after my blocked account appointment last week tuesday, i immediately booked for my visa appointment using the first method and till now i haven't gotten any feed back. But when i used the new method on satuday of last week, i got an instant reply. please someone should help us confirm the authenticity of this info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thatafricanchic: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello Guys,

I need urgent help! I had my visa interview in Accra and posted my account opening forms to DB. In Ghana you can only open the account after the interview.

Now I had filled this form a while back so right after my interview I had it certified and posted it.

After posting it I was just randomly checking online when I realised that the form available online now is slightly different from what I posted. The form online has questions on who will transfer the money, your relation to the person and how you got the money. It also has an option for whether you prefer post or email notification.

Now the forms I sent did not have these additional questions. I am just wondering if the forms have been update/changed. It is really driving me crazy as I dont want to lose time with anything. I am yet to hear from DB as its only been a week since I posted the documents but I am wondering if I sent the wrong documents or not.

Has any one noticed the different forms? Will my account still be opened? Please I need help
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cupid007: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good day, has any ever sent supplementary documents to uni assist after their application was declared incomplete, how would like to know how long it took them to correct the errors on the form and did the status change from incomplete application.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Adahhh: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
yettyclesia:
that is my department but currently in my final Semester. i will recommend eckenbergstr , its new and also Close to School, the ones you could trek down to uni is auf der Union but in auf der Union you electricity bill seperately if i am correct. just check all the Services each hostel has to offer and make your choice
Thanks, I mailed them yesterday & I got a mail this morning saying I've been offered an accommodation & should pay the 600€ reservation fee before a stated deadline. Congrats in advance & how has the course been soo far?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by djlaqua91(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
cupid007:
Good day, has any ever sent supplementary documents to uni assist after their application was declared incomplete, how would like to know how long it took them to correct the errors on the form and did the status change from incomplete application.

Would like a feedback on this. Had the same issue. Sent additional doc on monday via DHL. Fingers crossed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
UncleJudax:

I think the banks are only using the amount in the account opening letter.

So, yes...the €600 is via black market if you don't use the new form.

How do you suggest we go about it? the black market thingy. few pages back someone suggested using mallams and taking them to the banks, how feasible is that? undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Leprof1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
frankie2K:
@Leprof1,pls what nd what should be d content of the letter.

Well its not a handwritten letter, your sponsor needs to make an appointment at the Ausländerbehörde in his city.

They would give he/she a date to come in, as well as the required documents to bring along to verify that he/she is suitable to be your sponsor for your visa. It cost 25€

Once your sponsor has fulfilled all the necessary requirement, he would be issued a document, which is the sponsorship letter, duly stamped. that is the sponsorship letter. He needs to send the copy to your, as the embassy needs to see the original format. You can ask that he/she scans it before sending it via courier, as you would need it for requesting a date for your visa interview.

All what your sponsor needs from you is your full name (as it appears on your passport) date of birth birth and your address here in Nigeria (for the courier).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
UncleJudax:

The new rate is €8640+ (50 or150).

Interested in your question...I would like to send a supplementary form for account extension...and DB always say the Embassy has to authenticate any form to be sent to them.

I really do not want to go to the embassy...not a fun place to be grin

You can send it directly to them, no need for authentication...i got this information from facebook.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
I just received an email from the Embassy stating that I should send the following document via courier service or drop it by myself at the gate of the consulate general

1 my passport
2 a travel health insurance valid for 3 months starting from date of travel (plus one photo copy)
3 a prepaid courier-service-envelope addressed to myself

They also instructed that I should indicate my travel date bearing in mind that my departure should not be scheduled any sooner than end of August. My questions are as follows

1. Pls how do I go about this health insurance stuff? Can I get it outside Lagos? Am in Enugu state
2. I plan to travel last week of Sept since my enrolment deadline is Oct 14th
3. Pls is it advisable to travel by 27th Sept considering that my deadline is Oct 14?
4. They said I should indicate my travel date. How can I do it? Should it be inform of a letter or what?
5. I plan to state that my travel date is 1st of Sept even though I plan to travel around 25-27th Sept. Will this be a problem?

Thanks all and Goodluck to #teamwinter2016

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
UncleJudax:

I think there is one between Sarka Tinubu and Adeola Odeku.
Board a bus going to Adeola Odeku, stop at CFAO junction (before SPAR), just a stone throw away (by your right).

Thank you. Your description was perfect. I just got insured.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:
I just received an email from the Embassy stating that I should send the following document via courier service or drop it by myself at the gate of the consulate general

1 my passport
2 a travel health insurance valid for 3 months starting from date of travel (plus one photo copy)

They also instructed that I should indicate my travel date bearing in mind that my departure should not be scheduled any sooner than end of August. My questions are as follows

1. Pls how do I go about this health insurance stuff? Can I get it outside Lagos? Am in Enugu state
3. Pls is it advisable to travel by 27th Sept considering that my deadline is Oct 14?
4. They said I should indicate my travel date. How can I do it? Should it be inform of a letter or what?
5. I plan to state that my travel date is 1st of Sept even though I plan to travel around 25-27th Sept. Will this be a problem?

for health insurance u can just get ur German health insurance from Barmer GEK. They wud issue a certificate without u paying until u get to Germany, that's if u re less than 30. If u are above 30. U can also contact Union. If u prefer the Nigerian travel insurance. Try IGI or Unitrust insurance. Congrats
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
detutu1:

How do you suggest we go about it? the black market thingy. few pages back someone suggested using mallams and taking them to the banks, how feasible is that? undecided
Very possible. But you will have to have/use a Dorm account.

You take the forex seller to the bank in order to certify the authenticity of the currency.

Charges depend on the bank, but roughly $25 telex + about 2% of the amount being transferred.

Tschüss!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mille:

Thank you. Your description was perfect. I just got insured.
You are welcome.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thatafricanchic: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
Please how did you fill the tax information on the bank account form??

I have no tax ID so I am wondering what to write. Also, if I dont fill it, will my account be opened?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
detutu1:

You can send it directly to them, no need for authentication...i got this information from facebook.
Danke sehr.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babewhirl: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:

1 my passport

Hi, Congrats.... please when was your interview?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
liftedkris:

1 my passport

You can courier all the documents + a self addressed, prepaid envelope to the consulate, since you are not within lagos.

-For insurance, Check IGI
-27th is fine, that's 2 weeks ahead.
-Travel date, you can put any date after August (maybe a range)...it can be in the form of a letter.

Erhhh. Just for some clarity, if you can, you have got confirmation from DB ,yes? And how much did you transfer (total)?

Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hafeetech: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
Please is anybody in the house studying in Germany with DAAD scholarship or applying for DAAD scholarship? Or do you know anybody who has applied for Daad scholarship or trying to apply.

Gurus in the house abeg I need your help

@unclejudax, @liftedkris, @detutu, @Mille, @frankie2k, @lekanjava, @Dabigmax1, @yettyclesa, @Gcapable, @fab11

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.