Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,986 members, 7,825,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (913490 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bleuocean: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi

Please whao has been able to transfer money recently with form A? Please can you recommend the bank and used and how long it took to process. Am looking for a fast bank.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by angelangelangel: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
hello pls how did you change the 3rd name , i have a friend that also need to change his third name it very urgent .

iamzizou:
I had a change of third name unofficially from Adeniyi to Niyi... Adeniyi is on my Waec certificate but I'm not using Adeniyi again... I guess I'll have to do an affidavit and a newspaper publication
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bleuocean:
Hi

Please whao has been able to transfer money recently with form A? Please can you recommend the bank and used and how long it took to process. Am looking for a fast bank.
Ok. €8090 was transferred to my Blocked Account on friday. I submitted on the 4th.

Fidelity Bank, Head office.

NB: Speed may depend on Branch, completeness of documentation, forex availability etc.

Good luck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by babewhirl: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
UncleJudax:

Ok. €8090 was transferred to my Blocked Account on friday. I submitted on the 4th.

NB: Speed may depend on Branch, completeness of documentation, forex availability etc.

Good luck.

Hi. Did they ask for purpose? Did you submit as tuition or living expense?

Pls advise I'm trying to use gtb but they're not selling living expense just tuition
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
babewhirl:

Hi. Did they ask for purpose? Did you submit as tuition or living expense?

Pls advise I'm trying to use gtb but they're not selling living expense just tuition
I think FORM A is the same for all banks. There is a line for "purpose of payment". I used "School fees/upkeep".

In addition, they requested and I got a "To whom it may concern" from the university...#livingCosts
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
UncleJudax:

Good luck.
8090? What happened to the latest required sum of 8640?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
lobito007:

8090? What happened to the latest required sum of 8640?
The bank was only interested in dealing with the amount on DB account opening letter.

As I have always reiterated, if DB insist on €8640, I will top up.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olumitya7: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
hello please help very urgent

got to the visa booking portal onnthe embassy website and got this

Long Term Visa (students only)

Unfortunately, there are no appointments available at this time. New appointments will be made available for booking at regular intervals.

pleass what do i do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
UncleJudax:

The bank was only interested in dealing with the amount on DB account opening letter.

Ya, let's see DB reply. I hope they do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by un48table: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
please house, is it mandatory to provide the bank teller for age declaration at the embassy, cos i can't seem to find my own, and my interview date is fast approaching.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tiofat: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pls house advice. I am yet to fund my block account. Can I apply for visa interview or wait til I fund? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamzizou: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
angelangelangel:
hello pls how did you change the 3rd name , i have a friend that also need to change his third name it very urgent .

I will have to swear an affidavit and make a newspaper publication. .. I changed it unofficially before but i'll have to make an official document to back it up now
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamzizou: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
Tiofat:
Pls house advice. I am yet to fund my block account. Can I apply for visa interview or wait til I fund? Thanks
please use the slip given to you @ the embassy when u submitted ur blocked account frm to book a visa appointment. .. u dont have to wait till ur details is ready or money is paid
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamzizou: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
olumitya7:
hello please help very urgent

got to the visa booking portal onnthe embassy website and got this

Long Term Visa (students only)

Unfortunately, there are no appointments available at this time. New appointments will be made available for booking at regular intervals.

pleass what do i do
use the normal process (send the required documents to student@lago.diplo.de)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
UncleJudax:

have u gotten your notifications from DB?
let me know pls
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hublot(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
Williamso:

Please what's your definition of a "top school"?

I'm actually referring to the engineering schools tho. The TU9s and other good Universities.

Feel free to enlighten me on the quality other schools in germany also possess. I've leanrt that it is easier to get admitted into the "not too popular" Institutions compared to the popular ones. I would like to know if the difference in the quality ain't that much. I look forward to getting a MSc in communication engineering or Digital Humanities tho.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
hublot:

I'm actually referring to the engineering schools tho. The TU9s and other good Universities.

Feel free to enlighten me on the quality other schools in germany also possess. I've leanrt that it is easier to get admitted into the "not too popular" Institutions compared to the popular ones. I would like to know if the difference in the quality ain't that much. I look forward to getting a MSc in communication engineering or Digital Humanities tho.

I will not do that! Feel free to apply to only the 9 schools. Seems you're more after a school's reputation than the curriculum it has to offer. Good luck in your admissions.

And yes! The difference in quality is much. Schools outside the TU9 are more or less glorified secondary schools. I would reckon you go to AUN or Covenant, or even North American University than go to any school outside TU9.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
Williamso:

I will not do that! Feel free to apply to only the 9 schools. Seems you're more after a school's reputation than the curriculum it has to offer. Good luck in your admissions.

And yes! The difference in quality is much. Schools outside the TU9 are more or less glorified secondary schools. I would reckon you go to AUN or Covenant, or even North American University than go to any school outside TU9.
Epic!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 8:56am On Jul 18, 2016
Williamso:

as how?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2016
lol, don't think too much
dprinz99:

as how?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by duccious: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
Good day House, my visa interview is schedule for 27 July, bu , hav not tecei my blocked account number, is it okay to attend the interview with my blocked account confirmation slip.

Secondly, I sent my blocked account thru NIPOST, doe anyone else an idea how long I would take to get to deutchbank.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
duccious:
Good day House, my visa interview is schedule for 27 July, bu , hav not tecei my blocked account number, is it okay to attend the interview with my blocked account confirmation slip.

Secondly, I sent my blocked account thru NIPOST, doe anyone else an idea how long I would take to get to deutchbank.
Nipost can go from one week to 4 or more... so you can use the slip, if DB doesn't send you the account details by then.

Ermmmmm...your grammar though...abi na typewriter you de use ni grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
yes, it is okay to attend d interview with d slip, no qualms with that.

hmm, Nipost? fr db stuffs! u get mind oh, wen did u send it nd wen is ur enrolment deadline,
anyways i think sm1 posted a way to track Nipost,.. You could be lucky...
duccious:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Una don pursue our first lady commot like play like play cry, anyways, incase u r reading dis, i want you to know i am a big fan, and pls keep updating us with your latest findings nd personal experience...
I appreciate wink

Le'Schwartz. smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hublot(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Williamso:

I don't get? That sounded rude you know

But thanks for the info anyways...Cheers!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
@Toroze

Check your inbox
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
hublot:

I don't get? That sounded rude you know

But thanks for the info anyways...Cheers!!!
In other words, it is foolhardy to Base your admission quest on school rankings because as far as German public universities are concerned, they are all of high standard. I posted something once where a school was ranked as a "top school" because of the PhD programs but had not-too-impressive Master programs. These rankings are, for most of the time, meaningless.
Also I have not heard of anyone being denied a job offer based on the person's Alma mater; all other things being equal.

Last bullet: Follow curricula, not rankings...

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
iamzizou:
I had a change of third name unofficially from Adeniyi to Niyi... Adeniyi is on my Waec certificate but I'm not using Adeniyi again... I guess I'll have to do an affidavit and a newspaper publication
Adeniyi as third name? This should be Surname in Yoruba land
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by peppo4live: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
anyone sending documents to Germany from Abuja this week should please send me a PM?
THANKS
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chaiks: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
@williamso, thanks for your contributions to this thread. Please can u drop like the schools that are among the tu9.i asked because I feel school reputation I'll be an added plus especially if one intends to stay back in Germany and look for professional job though am not relying solely on school rep.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obiscology: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please someone should give me the link for the old deutsch bank application form. The one with the value of 8090 euros. Please it's urgent
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by domex007: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
gurus I hail ooo.
is true that the embassy don't accept current declaration of age unless it is back dated to like 2 or 3 years back?

I am going to the embassy with my birth certificate from Lagos state mainland and age declaration from high court just in case the embassy are demanding for the NPC birth certificate I will present the age declaration.
Is it true that the embassy won't accept age declaration of today?

I really don't want to miss any thing that will make me cancel my interview date.

thanks for your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (500)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.