Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911811 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 3:02am On Jul 23, 2016
Boss @cindino20, pls check your mail. Tanx.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cindino20(m): 6:08am On Jul 23, 2016
dennisMOD:
Boss @cindino20, pls check your mail. Tanx.

Done
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toroze(m): 7:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Please all them Munich peeps safe..ooooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cupid007: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2016
Morning all, got a mail from the embassy earlier this morning telling that the new form for blocked account has been activated, new documents

The Deutsche Bank has recently changed its regulations and the application form.
From now on, you will have to present the following documents:
1. 2 filled application forms for a blocked account
2. international passport and 2 copies of the data page
3. admission letter of the German university and 2 copies thereof
4. a prepaid envelope addressed to "Deutsche Bank, Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG, Frankfurter Str. 1, 04024 Leipzig, Germany" (from a private service provider such as FedEx, DHL or UPS to forward the application to Germany)
5. evidence of the source of your funds (e. g. bank statements)

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 7:28am On Jul 23, 2016
cupid007:
Morning all, got a mail from the embassy earlier this morning telling that the new form for blocked account has been activated, new documents

The Deutsche Bank has recently changed its regulations and the application form.
4. a prepaid envelope addressed to "Deutsche Bank, Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG, Frankfurter Str. 1, 04024 Leipzig, Germany" (from a private service provider such as FedEx, DHL or UPS to forward the application to Germany)

Woow...so much for 1st of August They are increasing their requirements...what if you have more than one sponsor? You pack all the bank statements and probably explanation why you want to sponsor the applicant...changing mode to Canada cry

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2016
cupid007:

hi, is this effective immediately and does it mean no more fee for blocked account opening? Since you ll be the one buying the prepaid envelope

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2016
UncleJudax:

I think angel used FirstBank.
the same first bank that my formA tins has been with since middle of may.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 23, 2016
biglord:
hi, is this effective immediately and does it mean no more fee for blocked account opening? Since you ll be the one buying the prepaid envelope
oh the checklist on their website is updated already. It's effective I guess.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2016
Anyone studying at HWR Berlin or anyone going there this winter?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2016
bosakelvin:
Since May? shocked I don't understand how the stuff is done. I guess it's branch dependent

Do try another bank, maybe Fidelity
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by enibal(f): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2016
@bosakelvin I used diamond bank........d bid was on monday nd I got db alert d next monday @ 318euro.......u can try diamond bank
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2016
enibal:
@bosakelvin I used diamond bank........d bid was on monday nd I got db alert d next monday @ 318euro.......u can try diamond bank
abeg ma which branch and wat state, thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by enibal(f): 9:32am On Jul 23, 2016
Lagos......I don't know d name of d branch tho.... around ajao junction
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2016
enibal:
Last 2 weeks you mean?
You paid 8090?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2016
enibal:
Oh dear plssss can you tell me which branch?
Stanbic ibtc has wasted 2 weeks already. I am already planning to port to Fidelity bank next week, but I think this Diamond will be a better choice. Branch pls bikko.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2016
bosakelvin:
Try fidelity (head office) and/or diamond.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2016
hello everyone, thanks for all your inputs on this thread. with regards to getting alerts from db, db says there is no restriction with respect to the 8640, u ll get an alert no matter how much u fund as long as the amount corresponds to the blocked amount in your account opening form. so if u dont get an alert coz u funded 8040 and 8040 is what u have in ur account opening form dont panic, just reach db with your complaints. they have no right to withold your confirmation of funding becos its not 8640 as long as the amount corresponds to the amount on your account opening form. funny enuf they said the alerts procedure is even automated. so its not like someone will be checking if u funded 8640 before they send u an email that u have funded

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2016
Good morning people,
Pease for those who opened their blocked account in Abuja, do we still need to show the statement of account before getting the stamp on the form?
Abeg, people who opened in Abuja, how did you go about it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
biglord:
hello everyone, thanks for all your inputs on this thread. with regards to getting alerts from db, db says there is no restriction with respect to the 8640, u ll get an alert no matter how much u fund as long as the amount corresponds to the blocked amount in your account opening form. so if u dont get an alert coz u funded 8040 and 8040 is what u have in ur account opening form dont panic, just reach db with your complaints. they have no right to withold your confirmation of funding becos its not 8640 as long as the amount corresponds to the amount on your account opening form. funny enuf they said the alerts procedure is even automated. so its not like someone will be checking if u funded 80640 before they send u an email that u have funded
I think thats the case...I have been hitting the roof for a week on why my alert was being delayed.

Only yesterday, I found out Fidelity transferred the fund with the incorrect IBAN (the school IBAN on the admission letter for semester contribution payment)

That was so incompetent of them, cos they insisted on evidence of living costs from the school before they can transfer to a personal account (my DB blocked account). Only to transfer to the school account.

Anyway, the amendment was initiated yesterday, to re-route the fund to my DB account. Hopefully everything gets sorted next week.

Yes, DB alert is automated, for deposits greater or equal to the amount on one's account opening letter/form.

Hint: always quote your blocked account number/IBAN in the instruction/letter to debit.

Viel Glück Alle.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2016
UncleJudax:

I think thats the case...I have been hitting the roof for a week on why my alert was being delayed.

Only yesterday, I found out Fidelity transferred the fund with the incorrect IBAN (the school IBAN on the admission letter for semester contribution payment)

That was so incompetent of them, cos they insisted on evidence of living costs from the school before they can transfer to a personal account (my DB blocked account). Only to transfer to the school account.

Anyway, the amendment was initiated yesterday, to re-route the fund to my DB account. Hopefully everything gets sorted next week.

Yes, DB alert is automated, for deposits greater or equal to the amount on one's account opening letter.

Hint: always quote your blocked account number/IBAN in the instruction/letter to debit.

Viel Glück Alle.

Mein bruder that was so incompetent of them. such a grave error. sorry man. dem wan give u heart attack. looooolz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2016
One question that constantly bothers me right now is this:
For those of us who used the old blocked acct opening form, we surely would get a confirmation of €8040 if we fund the acct accordingly BUT if DB confirmation comes after 1st of August, would the embassy still accept that old amount (€8040) to complete our visa processing?
Has anyone given it a thought?
They kept accepting the old acct opening form from new guys here, saying it's still valid till August 1st even though they know the acct opening processing won't be so quick(at least not as early as Aug 1st), let alone funding. It makes me really confused.
I have a feeling we all may need to send the supplementary form to block €8640 and then have to top up beginning from August 1st, so why still accept the old form even at this late period? Dunno If u guys understand what I'm trying to pass across here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2016
biglord:
Mein bruder that was so incompetent of them. such a grave error. sorry man. dem wan give u heart attack. looooolz
Thanks man.

Good thing is the current naira fluctuation has nothing on it. The cash is already in Euro.

E for no funny o.

Fingers crossed, still.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:00am On Jul 23, 2016
dennisMOD:
One question that constantly bothers me right now is this:
For those of us who used the old blocked acct opening form, we surely would get a confirmation of €8040 if we fund the acct accordingly BUT if DB confirmation comes after 1st of August, would the embassy still accept that old amount (€8040) to complete our visa processing?
Has anyone given it a thought?
They kept accepting the old acct opening form from new guys here, saying it's still valid till August 1st even though they know the acct opening processing won't be so quick(at least not as early as Aug 1st), let alone funding. It makes me really confused.
I have a feeling we all may need to send the supplementary form to block €8640 and then have to top up beginning from August 1st, so why still accept the old form even at this late period? Dunno If u guys understand what I'm trying to pass across here.
My oga. I think that would be taken care of in due time. The €8040 is about 94% of the fund.

So, if 94% is sorted now, the remaining %, no matter how inconveniencing, wouldn't derail/terminate the struggle.

Lets deal with the known first.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by louisilva: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2016
enibal:
how much did DB say u shld use to fund?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2016
UncleJudax:

My oga. I think that would be taken care of in due time. The €8040 is about 94% of the fund.

So, if 94% is sorted now, the remaining %, no matter how inconveniencing, wouldn't derail/terminate the struggle.

Lets deal with the known first.
Lolz, u're right my guy but mehn, that €600 + €150 = €750 would really affect my financial plans. That's why I'm just praying for this useless bank to effect the transfer of €8090 on time so maybe DB confirmation of €8040 can come before August 1st. I'd really love to dodge... Lolz. GOD dey.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2016
dennisMOD:

Lolz, u're right my guy but mehn, that €600 + €150 = €750 would really affect my financial plans. That's why I'm just praying for this useless bank to effect the transfer of €8090 on time so maybe DB confirmation of €8040 can come before August 1st. I'd really love to dodge... Lolz. GOD dey.
Lol. I understand. Every body does.

Let them transfer the bulk first...you never know.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Katechuks: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2016
I really admire the Efforts u Guys are making to raise the Money for this Blocked Account, 8090 and now + 750 in this Situation of our Beloved NIJA, Na wa o. smiley I hail all of u and pray the good Lord to crown all your Efforts with Success.

Please i Need advice or rather Clarification on the Issue of Interview Date. A Relative of Mine waited so Long to get an Interview Date. she wrote First one on the 6th of July, got no Reply. On the 11th, she was told of the Online booking Sysytem. She booked the only early Date available on that Day which was 1st September. After discovering that the Embassy doesnt accept the online booking, she wrote them a Second Mail. After weeks of waiting They then gave her thesame 1st of September per Email. The Problem is that the Enrollment for her School Ends on the 6th of October. We really hoped she would get an earlier Date. It's only 4weeks and some days to her Enrollment Deadline. We don't Know If the embassy will consider her since their approximated Visa Processing Time is 6-8 weeks.

Is it advisable for her to Write the Embassy an Email, explain her Situation and ask for an earlier Interview Date? I told her to do that but she is afraid of the Embassy and their System. She Said they might get annoyed that she is disturbing and Mark her Bad already before her Interview grin. I Know we have experiences People in the House, Please what do u advice her to do?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2016
Katechuks:
I really admire the Efforts u Guys are making to raise the Money for this Blocked Account, 8090 and now + 750 in this Situation of our Beloved NIJA, Na wa o. smiley I hail all of u and pray the good Lord to crown all your Efforts with Success.

Please i Need advice or rather Clarification on the Issue of Interview Date. A Relative of Mine waited so Long to get an Interview Date. she wrote First one on the 6th of July, got no Reply. On the 11th, she was told of the Online booking Sysytem. She booked the only early Date available on that Day which was 1st September. After discovering that the Embassy doesnt accept the online booking, she wrote them a Second Mail. After weeks of waiting They then gave her thesame 1st of September per Email. The Problem is that the Enrollment for her School Ends on the 6th of October. We really hoped she would get an earlier Date. It's only 4weeks and some days to her Enrollment Deadline. We don't Know If the embassy will consider her since their approximated Visa Processing Time is 6-8 weeks.

Is it advisable for her to Write the Embassy an Email, explain her Situation and ask for an earlier Interview Date? I told her to do that but she is afraid of the Embassy and their System. She Said they might get annoyed that she is disturbing and Mark her Bad already before her Interview grin. I Know we have experiences People in the House, Please what do u advice her to do?
I would like to think requesting for appointment via the email allows the consulate to consider the enrolment date before allocating an interview date.

Probably why the discontinued the online self scheduling then, and now.

They may argue that 4 weeks is enough for visa processing, they probably have a history with the city she is going to. Or there just aren't any space left in August.

She can write to them, but an earlier date would "only" be possible if someone cancels (on time). Or she can also write to the school, they may consider extending her enrolment date...if it comes to that.

In any case, she should be ok.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Painpill: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Katechuks:

Hallo,
Tell her to write her school explaining that visa processing takes quite a while in her home country and it would be quite a shame if that hinders her starting her studies this winter. Then let her focus on her interview. They would surely extend the enrollment deadline for her. I know someone who just did this recently and her deadline was shifted from 8th September (Ikr?)to about middle of October and she is done with interview already.

I believe she has applied for her DB account. Once it drops she should come and take a skinny-dip with us in this forex pool, the water is warm...,and try funding if possible before her interview on the 1st of September (This could even do the trick without enrollment extension wink )

Winter16' I hail oo. It's not beans . but dem no get choice but to let us go....cos we no get choice too.

P.S. My heart goes out to München, the mall shooting .Eke et al ya'll should stay tight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
I think it is not a bad idea to contact the embassy as many times as possible once you have a question to ask about what you do not know well. Also let her contact her school and explain things to them, they might extend the due date of enrolment for her.

Katechuks:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Painpill: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
UncleJudax:

Anyway, the amendment was initiated yesterday, to re-route the fund to my DB account. Hopefully everything gets sorted next week....

Viel Glück Alle.

If the bursar of my alma mater got such huge alert, he'd withdraw it, resign and disappear before Fidelity bank and yourself even figures out whatsup. Re-route ke grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
Painpill:

If the bursar of my alma mater got such huge alert, he'd withdraw it, resign and disappear before Fidelity bank and yourself even figures out whatsup. Re-route ke grin
Hehehe. Your bursar is the sole signatory to the school account? Oh well, he couldn't have been moved by such paltry sum. I bet there is more than €8090 in his sight at anytime. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.