Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (919250 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
UncleJudax:
Finally, DB alert dropped. Forwarded to consulate already!

One day at a time.

Schönen Tag alle.

Please when did you apply, bank and rate?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Allisonrichy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
0yewale:

at the amateur football level you can combine both depending on the team, the city and your MSc programme choice...
for professional football i cannot say much..
Ok thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by un48table: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
please how much did you pay to DB, 8090 or 8800 euros. How long did it take them to reply you.
UncleJudax:

One day at a time.

Schönen Tag alle.

p
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
Good evening house. plz apart from d visa application form and my credentials wat else do I need to go wit on d day of my interview plz.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gozillar: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
UncleJudax:

One day at a time.

Schönen Tag alle.

Congratulations
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by razan: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello friends, so I had my interview today and i need to share, will just go straight to the point and highlight the distinctive and uncommon questions and events.

Firstly, i think the embassy has updated its question base and it is important to elucidate prospective applicants; so apart from the common questions that we all know, questions like your Project, what results you had with the project i mean concepts derived or propositions, your project supervisor?,may be asked

And this is the most interesting one for me, (i was like, are you for real) Mention names/titles of Books used in your undergraduate Study?(are you kidding)

The political party of the president and the chancellor.

The website you found the course? imagine if i had to call out (daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/studiengang/en/)

And before i forget PLEASE go with three copies of your Statement of Purpose/Motivation letter even if you won't have to use it, it will save you time, and especially deliver you from the claws of those guys at the car pack. Apparently, i didn't see anybody who wasn't asked to produce it.

Anyways, all the best guys(i didn't mean that as a sexist).

Alaz

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
un48table:
please how much did you pay to DB, 8090 or 8800 euros. How long did it take them to reply you. p
My bad. Most regulars here, already know how it all started.

I submitted form A along side other documents to Fidelity Bank on the 4th of July. I transferred €8090, was debited on the at 320/€.

The alert from DB was taking forever to arrive. We decided to scrutinise the telex copy, and boom, the IBAN number for the transaction belongs to my prospective University (the IBAN is on the admission letter for semester contribution payment).

I rushed to Fidelity bank that same day, 22nd July, and they initiated an amendment, sent it to Citibank group, the following week CitiBank confirmed the receipt of Fidelity bank request, and sent theirs to the recipient Bank in Germany.

After more than two weeks, CitiBank was still waiting for a response from Germany.

On the 3rd of August, I decided to write to my school, and sent all necessary documents to them. They agreed to assist in retransferring the funds to my DB account.

And this morning, the alert dropped.

Fidelity Bank messed up though, but no hard feelings.

Cheers!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Gozillar:

Congratulations
Danke sehr!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Had my interview today...

reached embassy sha, by to 6,..got to the queue only to confuse myself with the words of dos security men, and what he was telling guys arnd dt morning .. say na 3 visa app forms, nd i was with 2.

rushed over to the fotocopy stall, and initiated it at 400N per page(like say na blood of Jesus be d ink), anyways i printed only the last one for signing and Fotocopied d rest, met up with Casper Nl dere, went back to d embassy to start arranging in d Paulinus acceptable Way.

then I joined the already shocking long queue,we were sha ushered inside to follow d green paint on d floor like Gta V road mapping mode, to the door of d interview room, downfloor of d main building,..

we all went into diff rooms sha, according to d chair movement nd speed of d Vos in d room, to do our biodata capture, and submit our docs, she asked for Mletter, i gave her(typed and printed) she had no issues with it, funny Nigerian woman, after asking meaning of my surname if i was from lagos, i said nope,( Imo state! do or die!!) .. she was like what's the meaning, i said i don't know.. she lafed nd said if I could speak igbo, i said i m trying, she den shook her head and asked if my parents were igbo, i said dey r, and it's nt dere fault i can't speak (i have always been home away from home since jss1), she den asked wat about yoruba, i said yes(Iffa hear).  she collected my courier envelope and checked my passport details via d Barcode scanner on d keyboard (that almost pulled a bad stunt, but she sha knew how to fix it). So we waited, (i have never waited so long bfor)

we were to do it in d respective room, we submitted our docs to, and my the V.O in my supposed room..really took her time cry

anyways after everybody don do, leave.. na only my grp remain two,.. i had to b ushered into d room beside her, and i met a naija lady too.

==>

-What course?
-what school?
-you were studying in what uni bfor?
-why did you stop? (didn't seem impressed at first, until my head sha had a reboot and i gave her wat she wanted finally)
-How did you get to know about ur skul
-via uniassist? how much did u pay and what docs did u send and what was sent to you after (online admission mail or courier)
-how many semesters and how long?
-List the subjects of each semester(not wit units, tnk God)
-Why Germany?
-Why not Nigeria
-intentions after studies?
-during my explanation above, i mentioned i.t jobs in Nigeria sha,.. she den asked were would i wana work in Nigeria, i told her weco systems (she asked what were dey doing, i told her dey were a networking company,  which is where i wish to specialize in)
-How many countries surround germo (list dem)
-how many states in germo and list them
-What do you know about Hamburg?
-Mayor of Hamburg
-president of Germany and Chancellor
-when did Germany celebrate the reunification date
-type of political system in Germany
-what plans have I made towards my stay in Germany
- when i mentioned i v researched on the weather of my city
-she asked what can i say about the weather (which i told her) and what plans i have made.
-then asked who will be financing my paroles(my parents)
-asked of my parents job,
-if i had applied before to Germany or any other schengen countries.
-if i had relative or friends in Germany.

then maybe some oda basic questions i can't remember right now sha, but no test for we bsc guys today.

and pls cram with sense, they already talk about the cramming ish of pple(not serious stuff sha) , and she even queried me on some crammed replies i poured back d same I had said it ; d first time she asked, she sha laffed nd took a pass on it.

also don't rush, dis one was jst making me talk one by one (which ain't my normal talking way) but it was good tho..

moreover, the dates which u put on ur questionnaire and visa form should be ur appointment date. (dates on last pages)

At the end sha, she said thanks, we will contact you via email..

Unto God blessings now..

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by churchil(m): 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
chinok97:
Had my interview today...

reached embassy sha, by to 6,..got to the queue only to confuse myself with the words of dos security men, and what he was telling guys arnd dt morning .. say na 3 visa app forms, nd i was with 2.

rushed over to the fotocopy stall, and initiated it at 400N per page(like say na blood of Jesus be d ink), anyways i printed only the last one for signing and Fotocopied d rest, met up with Casper Nl dere, went back to d embassy to start arranging in d Paulinus acceptable Way.

then I joined the already shocking long queue,we were sha ushered inside to follow d green paint on d floor like Gta V road mapping mode, to the door of d interview room, downfloor of d main building,..

we all went into diff rooms sha, according to d chair movement nd speed of d Vos in d room, to do our biodata capture, and submit our docs, she asked for Mletter, i gave her(typed and printed) she had no issues with it, funny Nigerian woman, after asking meaning of my surname if i was from lagos, i said nope,( Imo state! do or die!!) .. she was like what's the meaning, i said i don't know.. she lafed nd said if I could speak igbo, i said i m trying, she den shook her head and asked if my parents were igbo, i said dey r, and it's nt dere fault i can't speak (i have always been home away from home since jss1), she den asked wat about yoruba, i said yes(Iffa hear).  she collected my courier envelope and checked my passport details via d Barcode scanner on d keyboard (that almost pulled a bad stunt, but she sha knew how to fix it). So we waited, (i have never waited so long bfor)

we were to do it in d respective room, we submitted our docs to, and my the V.O in my supposed room..really took her time cry

anyways after everybody don do, leave.. na only my grp remain two,.. i had to b ushered into d room beside her, and i met a naija lady too.

==>

-What course?
-what school?
-you were studying in what uni bfor?
-why did you stop? (didn't seem impressed at first, until my head sha had a reboot and i gave her wat she wanted finally)
-How did you get to know about ur skul
-via uniassist? how much did u pay and what docs did u send and what was sent to you after (online admission mail or courier)
-how many semesters and how long?
-List the subjects of each semester(not wit units, tnk God)
-Why Germany?
-Why not Nigeria
-intentions after studies?
-during my explanation above, i mentioned i.t jobs in Nigeria sha,.. she den asked were would i wana work in Nigeria, i told her weco systems (she asked what were dey doing, i told her dey were a networking company,  which is where i wish to specialize in)
-How many countries surround germo (list dem)
-how many states in germo and list them
-What do you know about Hamburg?
-Mayor of Hamburg
-president of Germany and Chancellor
-when did Germany celebrate the reunification date
-type of political system in Germany
-what plans have I made towards my stay in Germany
- when i mentioned i v researched on the weather of my city
-she asked what can i say about the weather (which i told her) and what plans i have made.
-then asked who will be financing my paroles(my parents)
-asked of my parents job,
-if i had applied before to Germany or any other schengen countries.
-if i had relative or friends in Germany.

then maybe some oda basic questions i can't remember right now sha, but no test for we bsc guys today.

and pls cram with sense, they already talk about the cramming ish of pple(not serious stuff sha) , and she even queried me on some crammed replies i poured back d same I had said it ; d first time she asked, she sha laffed nd took a pass on it.

also don't rush, dis one was jst making me talk one by one (which ain't my normal talking way) but it was good tho..

moreover, the dates which u put on ur questionnaire and visa form should be ur appointment date. (dates on last pages)

At the end sha, she said thanks, we will contact you via email..

Unto God blessings now..

congrats dear n tanx for the d expo

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adesbaba: 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
pls frnds apart from daad scholarship...wot other way can i get scholarship for germany studies...msc...the dollar ish affected my plans .... also is it advisable to get loan frm banks here in nigeria to fund my blocked account....i rilli av love for germany....plss frnds ur advice..tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by space1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pls someone should help on scholarship issue. plssssssss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ayoadefantastic: 3:20am On Aug 10, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please who else got the shocking response from the embassy that there is no more space for appointment and its also written boldly on their website?

Please if anyone got this email and later got an appointment pls how did you go about it.

I have read many questions about this in previous pages but no answers yet.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2016
ayoadefantastic:
Hi Guys,

Please who else got the shocking response from the embassy that there is no more space for appointment and its also written boldly on their website?

Please if anyone got this email and later got an appointment pls how did you go about it.

Thanks.
I have only heard of one booking since that message appeared on their website.

I don't think they are backing down on that decision. Very unfortunate!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2016
adesbaba:
pls frnds apart from daad scholarship...wot other way can i get scholarship for germany studies...msc...the dollar ish affected my plans .... also is it advisable to get loan frm banks here in nigeria to fund my blocked account....i rilli av love for germany....plss frnds ur advice..tnx
To the best of my knowledge, scholarships are "more accessible" when you have crossed over. Even then, it is just a handful.

I think it is because the education has already been subsidised.

Loan from banks? The pressure no go be here o.

Good luck bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GottSeiDank: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2016
If your enrollment deadline is still far like that of Rhine Waal or enrollment by post, you can specify with evidence along with your documents when booking for visa interview.
I think they don't wanna give appointment to people whose deadline is just few days after the interview. Mind you the latest appointment they gave someone as at last week was September 15th.
People are still getting appointment, few tho.
ayoadefantastic:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wardchris: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2016
UncleJudax:

I have only heard of one booking since that message appeared on their website.

I don't think they are backing down on that decision. Very unfortunate!

I got the reply for the first time . But you have to check the enrolment dateline of your school . Mine is November 15 . I wrote to them again attached the neccesary documents and explained that my dateline was still a little bit further . Luckily they gave me an appointment . Days after that second mail .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2016
Wardchris:

I got the reply for the first time . But you have to check the enrolment dateline of your school . Mine is November 15 . I wrote to them again attached the neccesary documents and explained that my dateline was still a little bit further . Luckily they gave me an appointment . Days after that second mail .
That's good. Unfortunately, very few schools enrol until November.

Although, I still don't think it is all about enrolment deadline. Previously, people still booked appointments from the time that massage showed up on their site. I mean, this is just August.

It's a pity really.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ayoadefantastic: 9:32am On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks GottsieDank, WardChris and all.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by djlaqua91(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2016
Please Abuja peeps that have done the new blocked account opening. Please tell us the requirements. Have been on this issue since nobody who has been to the embassy recently has provided a legit answer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2016
Db details just dropped. Opened with the old form. How much am I expected to pay into the account though db quoted 8090 euro considering the new form and timing
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by opeoluwa00: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2016
Good Morning house.
Please i am new here and i need to know if there is any other way to apply for student visa to Germany without using Block account. if there , i will appreciate it if i can get more explanation on it. it is a bit difficult to get the bloke account ,help a friend here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
mikky4all:
Db details just dropped. Opened with the old form. How much am I expected to pay into the account though db quoted 8090 euro considering the new form and timing
Congrats.....pls what date did you open the account at the embassy?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Keji74:

Congrats.....pls what date did you open the account at the embassy?
Yes oh boss, congrats first grin
when did you open because i opened since july 18th, nothing yet
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gozillar: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
JogahBonito:

No, it isn't. Book the next available slot for DB account opening that corresponds to when your bank statement will be available. As you step out of the consulate, scan the receipt and book an appointment. To make it faster, save your admission letter and the biodata page of your passport, all as pdf files, as a draft message in your email. Once you're done from the embassy, scan the receipt and add it to the other documents in that draft. Immediately send it to the email address written at the back of the receipt. You should get a response email. hopefully, before the end of that day. The earlier you initiate the process, the safer it is for you. Good luck.

Brotherly, how far? I really don't know how to use pm on nairaland. Email me on ajekwer@yahoo.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
opeoluwa00:
Good Morning house.
Please i am new here and i need to know if there is any other way to apply for student visa to Germany without using Block account. if there , i will appreciate it if i can get more explanation on it. it is a bit difficult to get the bloke account ,help a friend here.
You are free to pay €8090. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Did anyone go for interview today? Kindly share your experience. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by opeoluwa00: 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sorry i dont understand your message.
UncleJudax:

You are free to pay €8090. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by RoliGodwin(f): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
Good afternoon everyone,
Please I need help on how to write a good Motivation letter and am new in this forum.Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Royat1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
mikky4all:
Congrats bro when did u open the account ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (500)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.