Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909958 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2016
celestialAgent:
Lasgidi based fellas, abeg ao I go take reach German embassy from Yaba?

The easiest and fastest route (Time is of great essence).
From yaba, just walk straight to the embassy...will take u only 5 minutes. Or, better still, board a bus to obalende, and then a keke heading to adeola odeku. Get off at checking point and cross to the other side. There you are! Takes 5 minutes too. Just make your choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 3:06pm On May 14, 2016
Good day people, please I sent my application documents to TUM on the 27th of April through Nipost, and TUM is yet to get my application documents.
I plan to resend the documents on Monday through UPS or DHL, as the deadline for submission is May 31st.
My question is this: is it advisable I still wait for Nipost or should I go ahead and resend my documents? Also, if after I resend the documents and the one from Nipost finally gets there , will that be a problem?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chiccha77: 3:45pm On May 14, 2016
@Eke40seven
Thanks for your contributions as a matter of fact i have checked some international courses from DAAD.DE and found out that in NUREMBERG they offer some courses in English and looking forward in applying on international business and entrepreneurship which is also related to my former course .All materials are taught in English. So i will look for most options that will be adapted to me. Besides i will not be living in town . i will be staying in suburb to work then do past time studies especially during either AUTUNM OR SUMMER.

Thanks once again.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 4:29pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:
Good day people, please I sent my application documents to TUM on the 27th of April through Nipost, and TUM is yet to get my application documents.
I plan to resend the documents on Monday through UPS or DHL, as the deadline for submission is May 31st.
My question is this: is it advisable I still wait for Nipost or should I go ahead and resend my documents? Also, if after I resend the documents and the one from Nipost finally gets there , will that be a problem?

It takes TNT, FedEx , dhl and others 3 days to get its destination. SInce today is still 14th of May, you can wait till like on the 24th or 25th of this month. If by then nothing has happened, use TNT if you are in Lagos, it is around 7-8k and it takes 3 days to get there. Get all the documents ready and wait till around that period before sending it if nothing has been heard as touching that of Nipost. If you send it on the 24th or 25th, it will get there on the 28th of may depending on the actual day/date u send it. No, there is no problem at all if both documents find there ways there. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 4:42pm On May 14, 2016
I will advice you prepare another document as soon as possible. Nipost is my greatest regret of the month. I guess those guys wait till they have enough parcel going to your direction before they head for delivery. The earlier, the better. TUM gets load of applications. I don't think submitting two documents should a problem since they will contain the same content.
hadassaheke:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bloomberg: 4:43pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 4:49pm On May 14, 2016
honourableseyi:

It takes TNT, FedEx , dhl and others 3 days to get its destination. SInce today is still 14th of May, you can wait till like on the 24th or 25th of this month. If by then nothing has happened, use TNT if you are in Lagos, it is around 7-8k and it takes 3 days to get there. Get all the documents ready and wait till around that period before sending it if nothing has been heard as touching that of Nipost. If you send it on the 24th or 25th, it will get there on the 28th of may depending on the actual day/date u send it. No, there is no problem at all if both documents find there ways there. Shalom
Thank you very much for your advise, I guess I'll just do that. Am serving in Enugu, so I'll look for that Tnt office in Enugu. Also, I applied for two different courses at TUM, if and when it happens that I have to resend my documents to them, can I put the two documents in separate envelopes, and then put them in a much bigger one. And send as one document, so as to save cost?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 4:52pm On May 14, 2016
mikky4all:
I will advice you prepare another document as soon as possible. Nipost is my greatest regret of the month. I guess those guys wait till they have enough parcel going to your direction before they head for delivery. The earlier, the better. TUM gets load of applications. I don't think submitting two documents should a problem since they will contain the same content.
My dear it's well. At least, I have learnt from my mistake. Thank you very much.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 5:24pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:

Thank you very much for your advise, I guess I'll just do that. Am serving in Enugu, so I'll look for that Tnt office in Enugu. Also, I applied for two different courses at TUM, if and when it happens that I have to resend my documents to them, can I put the two documents in separate envelopes, and then put them in a much bigger one. And send as one document, so as to save cost?

Ofcourse yes, it is allowed. Even two different people can use the same method. Though I don't really know much about TNT in Enugu, but if they can't assure you of 3-day delivery, just use FedEx or Dhl. Ask for student price when you get to Dhl office, it should be around 9k5 or something. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:

Since you will be sending your documents again, make sure the documents that need certification are properly certified, that is with a seal. Mine was rejected because it was not properly certified I had to resend the documents again. So learn from my mistake.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 5:37pm On May 14, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 5:37pm On May 14, 2016
urchman101:

Since you will be sending your documents again, make sure the documents that need certification are properly certified, that is with a seal. Mine was rejected because it was not properly certified I had to resend the documents again. So learn from my mistake.
Seriously? I certified mine, but it was without a seal, I guess I'll have to go use a notary public before resending ASAP!!!! Thank you very much for this info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 5:38pm On May 14, 2016
Double post.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 5:42pm On May 14, 2016
honourableseyi:

Ofcourse yes, it is allowed. Even two different people can use the same method. Though I don't really know much about TNT in Enugu, but if they can't assure you of 3-day delivery, just use FedEx or Dhl. Ask for student price when you get to Dhl office, it should be around 9k5 or something. Shalom
I guess I'll have to resend my documents ASAP as my certified documents did not carry a seal on it.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 8:02pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:

I guess I'll have to resend my documents ASAP as my certified documents did not carry a seal on it.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate!!!!

You are welcome. It will be better cause it happened to someone I know this week, he certified it at the court but without seal but only stamp; and the stamp has no emblem or coat of arm; hence it was rejected by uniassist. Anybody that wants to certify his or her document, should insist on the using of the seal or stamp with coat of arm or emblem as logo to avoid resending of document. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by urchman101(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2016
hadassaheke:

Seriously? I certified mine, but it was without a seal, I guess I'll have to go use a notary public before resending ASAP!!!! Thank you very much for this info.
Yes, please use a notary public lawyer. It's better. Which course are you applying to? I sent you a PM.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 6:54am On May 15, 2016
Williamso:

Hello people!

Sixthly, Essen. I miss pounded yam and egusi soup cry I have had enough potatoes to last a lifetime, And I'm sure I'll be having a lot more over time. Abeg who dey enter Kiel anytime soon, I get list of things wey you go help me bring cry cry cry cry cry cry

Last bullet, if there's anything you were expecting to see that I didn't cover, let me know... smiley
Bros look for African shop and pick your poundo and soup ingredients.
Egusi 5€, dry fish 4€, crayfish 3€, star Maggi 2€, small Palm oil 3€, dry pepper 2€, Goat meat 5€ etc as your pocket reach you can buy more stuff.
To get substitute for Ugu leaf, go to Aldi, Netto and co get You can buy Blatt spinat 1.50€
For poundo you can either buy a tuber of Yam for 7€ or you buy the powdered one. To pound you can boil your yam soft and use a blender. It comes out likes its mortar you used.
If you can't cook, split the ingredients into 2 first. Make your money no waste o. You tube will guide you perfectly. I recommend this woman:
http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/soups/fried-egusi-soup.html
Copy the link and follow the video.
On a side note, I know some people who couldn't boil water in Naija but after introducing them to cooking here they have turned master chefs grin grin

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:59am On May 15, 2016
Noted.
honourableseyi:

You are welcome. It will be better cause it happened to someone I know this week, he certified it at the court but without seal but only stamp; and the stamp has no emblem or coat of arm; hence it was rejected by uniassist. Anybody that wants to certify his or her document, should insist on the using of the seal or stamp with coat of arm or emblem as logo to avoid resending of document. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 7:13am On May 15, 2016
urchman101:

Yes, please use a notary public lawyer. It's better. Which course are you applying to? I sent you a PM.
I have replied your PM. I applied for Power engineering and I also applied for the m. SC program in Physics (Applied and Engineering Physics). Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:

Egusi 5€, dry fish 4€, crayfish 3€, star Maggi 2€, small Palm oil 3€, dry pepper 2€, Goat meat 5€ etc as your pocket reach you can buy more stuff.
To get substitute for Ugu leaf, go to Aldi, Netto and co get You can buy Blatt spinat 1.50€
For poundo you can either buy a tuber of Yam for 7€ or you buy the powdered one. To pound you can boil your yam soft and use a blender. It comes out likes its mortar you used.
If you can't cook, split the ingredients into 2 first. Make your money no waste o. You tube will guide you perfectly. I recommend this woman:
On a side note, I know some people who couldn't boil water in Naija but after introducing them to cooking here they have turned master chefs grin grin
A tuber of yam €7? Das ist sehr teuer cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 9:39am On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:

This is a very harsh advice. Too expensive!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 15, 2016
I wanna apply for the DAAD SCHOLARSHIP in Germany, How do I go about it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Schwartz: 12:27pm On May 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 1:09pm On May 15, 2016
Boss, just the link alone you sent will enlighten others that will stumble on this thread soon, your advice is always welcome here oh, abeg for newbies like us, nobody attacked you, you tried helping in ur own way smiley, abeg no vex. Keep on posting for future candidates
Schwartz:
jaybmich and UncleJudax angryWhat do you guys mean? Did I come to Germany to sell Yams? I neither own nor know anyone that owns an African shop here. I am giving you the normal price that I have been buying. In some shops its far more expensive. 7€ yam should be the smallest tube sef. Don't you know that Naija foods are expensive here? Na wa o..some students contribute money to buy and cook naija food.
Whenever one comes here to drop advice it is always welcomed with attacks that's why I don't even bother myself coming here to post anymore.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:
jaybmich and UncleJudax angryWhat do you guys mean? Did I come to Germany to sell Yams? I neither own nor know anyone that owns an African shop here. I am giving you the normal price that I have been buying. In some shops its far more expensive. 7€ yam should be the smallest tube sef. Don't you know that Naija foods are expensive here? Na wa o..some students contribute money to buy and cook naija food.
Whenever one comes here to drop advice it is always welcomed with attacks that's why I don't even bother myself coming here to post anymore.

Baba, I didn't see where they attacked you.
They were shocked as I was 7€ is around 2k cbn rate oooo.

Bros they expressed their (culture)shock. Ewena iwe: E Ma binu.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2016
lobito007:

From yaba, just walk straight to the embassy...will take u only 5 minutes. Or, better still, board a bus to obalende, and then a keke heading to adeola odeku. Get off at checking point and cross to the other side. There you are! Takes 5 minutes too. Just make your choice.
lobito is it a fact that you can get to the embassy from yaba in 5minutes either by treking or otherwise, if so please kindly recommend a cheap hotel, around yaba or obalende, cos the last time i missed out cos i was late.danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:

Of course I know all this. What I'm missing is the "made in Nigeria, cooked in Nigeria" food wink

PS: African stores are ridiculously expensive!! I rather shop at Asian stores. Also, maggi is cheaper in Netto, Junge spinat costs less than €1, yam could be more expensive than €7 (it depends), and I'm also a very good cook cool

Ein Tipp: A much cheaper substitute for poundo; Grieß + Kartoffel Püree...... Thank me later smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:

Thin skinned eh? Well I would have reacted the same way (maybe worse) if I wasn't here already grin grin
I remember when I was told that noodles (70g Honeywell noodles) which costs about 35naira is sold for 40¢ here. I was like "WTF?? I will never eat instant noodles in Germany". Now I find myself buying a carton grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2016
Schwartz:
Hahaha. Na wa for some people. My post was hardly an attack on you. It has no atom of criticism...neither overt nor covert.

I don't understand why you are raising the roof...perhaps, comprehension problem? insecurity?

Lesen Sie noch einmal. Auf 'Wiederschreiben' grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2016
bosakelvin:
lobito is it a fact that you can get to the embassy from yaba in 5minutes either by treking or otherwise, if so please kindly recommend a cheap hotel, around yaba or obalende, cos the last time i missed out cos i was late.danke
Unless you live/stay/lodge inside Bonny contonment, you cant trek to the embassy in 5minuten. No way!

Ok, take this; Lodge within lagos Island e.g Obalende, Odunlami/CMS or Victoria Island e.g Koffo (more expensive).

Leave your room 4:30 Uhr, latest. Das alle.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2016
helenmi:
I wanna apply for the DAAD SCHOLARSHIP in Germany, How do I go about it?
Go to the embassy bruder.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by badenugba: 7:36pm On May 15, 2016
Can somebody say something about Rhine Waal University of Applied science, Kleve campus,
The school, the environment , jobs , racism and cost of living .
Someone should say something please

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.