Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911681 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by badtboi: 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
ozyomar1:
Please is it possible to ask for an extension on your enrolment date from your school to enable you process your visa as it usually takes at least 4weeks.
Yes it is possible but ensure you fund ASAP to speed up the processing and possibly submit the funding confirmation along with other originals on your interview date.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbaski247: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
ozyomar1:
Please is it possible to ask for an extension on your enrolment date from your school to enable you process your visa as it usually takes at least 4weeks.
Of course. They can give a week or two.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 190theclown: 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
Good day House,
I am new here as my brother just adviced me to come here as i can get the very much needed guidance i need on this thread. I need your advice as i have been battling to get an addmission into any German school to study a masters course for more than a year now. I finished University in 2009 with a BSc in Basic Human Physiology (it is related to the medical line) and in 2012 i went to the UK to study and attained an Msc in Oil and Gas Management. While studying there in the UK i also aqquire some added certifications like a NEBOSH which is a health and safety certificate because of my back grown in physiology.

I am now interested in going to Germany to study for a Masters Degree and was denied admission last year because i submitted too late for the winter semester whicb close on July 15 2016. I waited till the end of last year to apply for the summer semester (which opened on November 15) and submitted all my documents to Uni assist and applied to Two schools with two different course, the first was Cognitive Science at University of Osnabruck and the second was Bio technology at Brandeburg University, Cottbus. Both schools declined me admission as brandeburg stated i didn't meet theier requirements at all and Osnabruck which came later saying i had a low GPA which was sufficient enough. In total i was denied admission in 5 different Universities.

I finished with my BSc with a 3.04 GPA (2.2) and wish to know which school can grant me admission.
I also applied to some other universities by submitting my documents only online to University of Bonn (Computer Science, University of Applied Sciences Aachen (Bio medical engineering) and University of Bremen same course and all denied me admissions. Please i need your help as i do not know what to do and wish to know why i was denied admission, was it because i never included my previous MSc transcript from the UK when submitting to Uni ASSIT or it was something else. I need you advice and help and the reason i applied for those course not relating to my field was because i couldn't find any course that was close to my BSc in Physiology.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shonefraue39: 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=teeghost post=45403764][
Ya write up is informative and educative...nice one...thanks

quote author=lmuhopeful post=44886187]I guess I can speak a little about life in Germany (at least Munich) since I've been here since October. I will make a few headings and speak about them and if anyone wants to know something specific they can ask here and not my inbox so that others will benefit:

1)Education: The study has been fantastic. I'm doing the Geophysics masters at LMU and the professors are very smart. Our math professor at the institute is just 28 years old with his PhD from France. The computing facilities are top notch and the professors have very well cited papers. Examinations are quite tough so you have to brace up when coming here and the grading is also different from Naija. To score a 1.0 here you need 95% and above. In general anything above 2.5 is considered good especially if an institute is doing high quality research.

2) Housing: This is always a big challenge especially for newcomers. Living in the center can be quite expensive but if one is lucky, you can get a cheap place in the center or even if you live out of the center, the U-Bahn and S-Bahn are there to transport you. I advise to check the distance between an apartment and your class before moving in. In any case, read your rental contract before you sign. You are normally allowed to leave an apartment with a 3-month notice. However ensure that your landlord hasn't put any clause that states that you have to stay a minimum number of months. Such a clause is known as "Kündigungsverzicht" which means termination clause. If you are lucky you can also get the Studentenwerk housing; they are cheap, with many students and there's never a dull moment. I suggest that people coming over should bring some extra money in case you have to stay in a youth hostel for a month or so.

3)Transport: The semester ticket covers transport within the city. I don't know if this applies to every single state but here in Bavaria and also in Baden-Wurttemberg it does. It costs us around 150€ and it lasts the whole semester; for example my semester ticket for this semester starts on April 1 and ends by September 30. You can ride all regular forms of transport(bus, train, tram etc) except for high speed trains like the ICE or special purpose buses or trains (you don't need those mostly anyways except you want to travel to another state or country). Also since you may have to buy this ticket once you arrive I suggest you budget some money for this.

4) Student job: It's very possible to get jobs here will studying. I don't know much about hustling but some others on this thread can help with that. However I suggest that once you get here, approach your professors to ask for a HiWi (student assistant) job. The hours are flexible and the pay is fair. Some of my classmates started HiWi's immediately and earned a lot. With a HiWi your can work and learn simultaneously. You can also ask for a job at a bar or as a Au Pair(to take care of a family's kids). In any case my personal suggestion is that don't start to hustle once you get here. The study is very intensive and the gradings are tough so it may be good to focus on the first semester and maybe start to hustle from the holidays. In this case you have to start looking for a job before exam starts so that you can start immediately after exam.

5) People: I've enjoyed every moment here and I look forward to the remaining time. People are mostly nice and are happy to show you the way. Talk to people and be nice and you'll meet many lovely people. If you drink beer then it's a nice way to meet new people. My classmates regularly organise drink nights. If you like clubs you can also enjoy here. There is hardly any violence in the clubs unlike some Naija clubs. I remember a club in Jos where the bouncer almost killed one small guy for reasons no one understood. People smoke a lot of cigarettes too and if you like the plant(erm....weed) wink then you can find dealers here tho it's coded since it's not allowed.

6) Food: I don't really know since I mostly eat bread, spaghetti, dodo, garri and Mensa food. The Mensa is the student canteen and you get the Mensa card to pay for your food. I don't like to cook so I can't tell you much about Naija food. If Cahnellven comes to the thread he can tell you about Naija food. Me, and Eke40seven were at his place to eat Fufu on New Year's grin

7) Babes: There are many tight babes here from various countries. I haven't hit any yet except for making out. If you like to cold approach women then you can get lucky. I remember cold approaching a French girl who was here on vacation but I couldn't log in wink coz she was returning that evening. For the babes on this thread, well, don't worry, guys will approach you(that's our job wink )

cool African people: There are many Africans here in all society levels, from workers to refugees. I visited a refugee camp and I even met Nigerians there and I wondered why there were Igbo and Yoruba refugees but e no konsyn me In general Africans often ignore each other when they walk past themselves but I think this is normal. It is part of a person's security to not smile at every African person you see simply because you are both black. Sometimes I smile and nod to African people in the train or if I think the person is responsible.

9) German Language: I suggest that you try to learn as much as possible before coming even if your study, like mine, is in English. You can live fine in big cities without German but some hustling may be impossible without German. Don't worry it's only difficult in the beginning. Die Anfänge sind in der Regel schwierig wink

That's all for now. If there is something else anyone wants to know I can write about it. But I can't write about the visa or application process coz I'm forgetting those gradually and perhaps few things may have changed Also I know it's not easy but try not to worry about your visa or whether the fact that your name on your birth certificate ends with 'b' and in your waec certificate it ends in 'o'. The visa guys aren't problematic as long as your docs are complete.

Hello dear,
I was going through some posts online and saw your responses , I must say it's quite interesting. I just have a clue if you can be of help to . I am an Italian citizen just migrated to Germany few weeks ago. I have registerd in Rathus and have gotten my personal Identification. I have also registered in the german course school waiting for a respond from bundesamt fur migration to start . My question is I certified my HND certificate in Italy when I wanted to go for further studies and was referred to do my PGD in Italy due to some family issues I did not go for that PGD. I sent an email to professional recognition in Germany stating that my certificate has been certified by Italian embassy in lagos. They told me it's not valid ... I am planning to recertify them again maybe after 8months of german course. Please after all these process can I use my HND and my german course to get a lucrative job Instead of returning to university?

Thanks for your candid response.

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bochu03: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
Any bodi wey wan sell Euro blue market price..
Abeg i need like 1 k dis week
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Horlalaykon: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
190theclown:
Good day House,
I am new here as my brother just adviced me to come here as i can get the very much needed guidance i need on this thread. I need your advice as i have been battling to get an addmission into any German school to study a masters course for more than a year now. I finished University in 2009 with a BSc in Basic Human Physiology (it is related to the medical line) and in 2012 i went to the UK to study and attained an Msc in Oil and Gas Management. While studying there in the UK i also aqquire some added certifications like a NEBOSH which is a health and safety certificate because of my back grown in physiology.

I am now interested in going to Germany to study for a Masters Degree and was denied admission last year because i submitted too late for the winter semester whicb close on July 15 2016. I waited till the end of last year to apply for the summer semester (which opened on November 15) and submitted all my documents to Uni assist and applied to Two schools with two different course, the first was Cognitive Science at University of Osnabruck and the second was Bio technology at Brandeburg University, Cottbus. Both schools declined me admission as brandeburg stated i didn't meet theier requirements at all and Osnabruck which came later saying i had a low GPA which was sufficient enough. In total i was denied admission in 5 different Universities.

I finished with my BSc with a 3.04 GPA (2.2) and wish to know which school can grant me admission.
I also applied to some other universities by submitting my documents only online to University of Bonn (Computer Science, University of Applied Sciences Aachen (Bio medical engineering) and University of Bremen same course and all denied me admissions. Please i need your help as i do not know what to do and wish to know why i was denied admission, was it because i never included my previous MSc transcript from the UK when submitting to Uni ASSIT or it was something else. I need you advice and help and the reason i applied for those course not relating to my field was because i couldn't find any course that was close to my BSc in Physiology.

Check Medical Systems Engineering, Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoshMedia: 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
bochu03:
Any bodi wey wan sell Euro blue market price..
Abeg i need like 1 k dis week
What is the Blue Market rat you are hoping for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kasich(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 190theclown: 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks alot but i just checked and its only open for summer semester which has passed. I wish i know about this school then maybe i woudnt have been in this situation i am now. Please assist me with any that you know that are open for Winter Semester.
Thanks alot and God Bless.
Horlalaykon:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2017
Wow!! Just got back home after an hour long interview. All those Naija VO no get joy o. Lol. Squeeze my brain die.

It was a lovely interview though. Same question pattern and went well. I don't know why , but I felt more calm when I realized I'll be interviewed by a Nigerian.

Now!! Baba God!! Na ur hand I dey o. Finish what you have started!!

Shikena

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2017
jbonito:
Wow!! Just got back home after an hour long interview. All those Naija VO no get joy o. Lol. Squeeze my brain die.

It was a lovely interview though. Same question pattern and went well. I don't know why , but I felt more calm when I realized I'll be interviewed by a Nigerian.

Now!! Baba God!! Na ur hand I dey o. Finish what you have started!!

Shikena

Congratulations in advance Bro. Can U please share any additional experience.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2017
Pervic:

Congratulations in advance Bro. Can U please share any additional experience.

Thanks bro. Nothing much really: Name of the president elect, and she really emphasized questions about when I'm gonna fund and how I intend to do so.

Questions are basically what we read here every now and then.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2017
jbonito:

Thanks bro. Nothing much really: Name of the president elect, and she really emphasized questions about when I'm gonna fund and how I intend to do so.

Cheers.

Ok. Tanks Bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2017
jbonito:

Cheers.
Congratulations bro... Did you do any teat or submit any motivation letter? Are you using form A or blue black market? Lol

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2017
Neyoalao:

Congratulations bro... Did you do any teat or submit any motivation letter? Are you using form A or blue black market? Lol

No test and yes I submitted a motivation letter. Working on Form A, I'll know if it will go through this week. If not, I'll do any colour of market I see. Yellow, Blue, Red, Black. Make money sha reach Germo. Lol

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
House please I don't really understand this on these school's dashboard.
Is it compulsory that I really apply via uni-assist or I send the application direct through courier.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 190theclown: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks for this but the course is only offered for summer semester and i need assistance for a course that is offered for winter semster so i can start the application process. Any advise please

Horlalaykon:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Olanrewaju92:
House please I don't really understand this on these school's dashboard.
Is it compulsory that I really apply via uni-assist or I send the application direct through courier.

You will apply online on two platforms; The university portal and Uni-assit. After your online application, you have to send your documents to Uni-assit by courier.

Basically, you have to do all three.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mille:

You will apply online on two platforms; The university portal and Uni-assit. After your online application, you have to send your documents to Uni-assit by courier.

Basically, you have to do all three.

Thanks man, u guys have been helpful. God bless you all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TayeJ: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
House, please who is going to Heidelberg, Heidelberg University or who lives in Heidelberg or around heidelberg? Hoping I could get assistance with accommodation pending I get one.
Perhaps who can advice me on what to do? am going to a city where I know no soul.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 190theclown: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please if you are still in Nigeria can i get your contact so i call you up. I am still seeking a school that can grant me admission in Germany.

TayeJ:
House, please who is going to Heidelberg, Heidelberg University or who lives in Heidelberg or around heidelberg? Hoping I could get assistance with accommodation pending I get one.
Perhaps who can advice me on what to do? am going to a city where I know no soul.
Thank you.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jyemsta(m): 2:08am On Mar 15, 2017
nwannemino:

I want to study information technology in germany in english, I need a list of universities offering the course in english.
go to kiel, they offer dat course in english
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by RealObserver(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2017
please i need someone in Germany to help me pay my application fee for university of Kaiserslautern, it's a bank deposit of 50 Euro to a german bank. please if you can be of help to me kindly DM and i'll respond with my details and fund your account here in Nigeria with the naira equivalent
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TayeJ: 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TayeJ: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Please if you are still in Nigeria can i get your contact so i call you up. I am still seeking a school that can grant me admission in Germany.

Yes, am still in Nigeria. Pls send me a pm.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
TayeJ:
Thank you.

I learnt getting accommodation in Heidelberg could be tedious and expensive. I will like to ask, have you applied through the Studentenwek? Were they not able to get a room for you?

You can as well try these portals:

airbnb.com
http://www.wg-gesucht.de/
http://www.studenten-wg.de/angebote_lesen.html

If you are considering soneone to host you:

https://www.couchsurfing.com/place?utf8=%e2%9c%93&search_query=heidelberg%2c-germany&latitude=49.3987524&longitude=8.6724335&utm_content=homepage&search_type=place

You might need to use Google Translate for some of the websites

You can also search if there's Youth hostel in Heidelberg, you can stay there for some time till you get an apartment.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
190theclown:

Start the journey at daad.de/en and do the search yourself, interesting courses and schools await you grin

Any school will grant you admission once you meet the admission criteria and you package your application documents wella.

Ire ooo!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good afternoon house, I would need help from anyone here that could be of help in social sciences --
BTW, any Sociology student in the house?

Kindly quote me whilst I pm You. Abeg we gaz some talk.

Thanks for always being there, Danke tongue
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pompido: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Been a long long time. It has indeed been a trip!!!

I am in my 3rd semester studying Masters in Information Engineering at the University of Applied Sciences Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein.

I am available to answer as much questions as I can confidently provide answers to...

Wishing everyone all the best.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.