Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909146 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 6:22am On Jun 06, 2016
Williamso:

I still don't get. There is no on/off campus here as schools don't provide hostels. That is provided by Studentenwerk and they are not "on campus". The other option would be private, which could be advantageous or disadvantageous.
What deadline do you mean? Application deadline? Enrollment deadline? Payment deadline? Please be more succinct. If it's application deadline, then why are you worrying about accommodation when you have not even (or only just) applied?
And what stated amount are you talking about?
It's for accomodation app, I've admission for MSc Materials Science and eng.
The confusion was on distance from campus cos I saw 2km, 1km...and living on campus. I'm looking at Studentendorf, Prof Anshütz Haus etc from the Studentenwerk site since I guess accomodation from studentenwerk is better.
Better to go for furnished room or to furnish by oneself?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbadmus: 6:22am On Jun 06, 2016
@Eke40seven and @Wlliamso, please give us more details about Rostock and East Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Nosky247:
I'm a prospective Kieler. I pray the admission works out. What stand do they have on English proficiency? I told them that I will take the test by August. I also submitted the letter from my school stating that I did my first degree in English language and I also submitted my IELTS result which expired February this year. I pray I'm convincing enough
It varies. What's the requirement for your program? And after telling them all that, did they reply you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 6:57am On Jun 06, 2016
jbadmus:
@Eke40seve and @Wlliams, please give us more details about Rostock and East Germany.
I'm sorry I can't. Maybe others will, but I'm not an expert at talking about cities I don't live in.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
chrisley024:
It's for accomodation app, I've admission for MSc Materials Science and eng.
The confusion was on distance from campus cos I saw 2km, 1km...and living on campus. I'm looking at Studentendorf, Prof Anshütz Haus etc from the Studentenwerk site since I guess accomodation from studentenwerk is better.
Better to go for furnished room or to furnish by oneself?
Ach so. Ein Hoch darauf. cos you saw "2km, 1km..." you're complaining? I live 14 km from my school (about 7 or 8 km if I take the ferry) and I'm cool with it grin grin grin grin!

Well, you can apply to those places; and as was advised, the earlier the better. Accommodation could be problematic if not sorted before getting here. Ich hoffe dass du ein bisschen Deutschkenntnisse hast, oder du Deutschlernen willst bevor du hier kommst
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pakinsluv: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2016
damoladejobi:

Please who as an idea of how much a prepaid courier envelope cost. Do I have to get it before going for the interview or I will get it at the embassy?

Its better to you get b4 going to the embassy, UPS for example is 850naira if u are in Lag but don't know for oda places. It will be more expensive at the Embassy.

Good luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rapidosings: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2016
Good morning friends.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rapidosings: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2016
please I need clarification cos I don't want to be caught unawares at the embassy in Lagos. I have an appointment booked for opening Deutsch bank account account on Wednesday 8/6/2016 but I don't understand some aspects. Please do I submit the documents all together in one envelope, different envelopes or without envelope, can I make black and white instead of colour photocopy and please will I print the whole 8 pages of the account opening form or just the form alone. Thanks a lot as I anticipate your prompt response peeps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rapidosings: 8:28am On Jun 06, 2016
I'm really glad to be a member of this forum, I participated sparingly in the other parts but im here fully. guten tag.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2016
Lol. Kelvin is a good lad...... I'm not sure u would know my teacher. He doesn't teach in Goethe.(private lessons)

Painpill:

Beware of kelvin thensmiley

Who's teaching you A1? Frau Amafili oder Gina oder...??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2016
EHmmmmm. i don come again. Good morning team. Please o i applied to Rhine waal too and it is stated on their website that they would normally contact students when they gets their applications from Uni assist. Who has been contacted please? This is the 3rd week Uni assist sent my documents to them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rapidosings: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2016
please I need clarification cos I don't want to be caught unawares at the embassy in Lagos. I have an appointment booked for opening Deutsch bank account account on Wednesday 8/6/2016 but I don't understand some aspects. Please do I submit the documents all together in one envelope, different envelopes or without envelope, can I make black and white instead of colour photocopy and please will I print the whole 8 pages of the account opening form or just the form alone. Thanks a lot as I anticipate your prompt response peeps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toroze(m): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Williamso:

What advice do you need? What deadline do you mean?

Long time I've been here, [b] the growth rate of this part 3 is scary cheesy cheesy... [/b]Any prospective Kielers in the house? Ich freue mich darauf, neue Leute hier zukommen smiley
So true...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pakinsluv: 9:32am On Jun 06, 2016
rapidosings:

You don't need envelope, u can print black and white and u need to print the whole pages.

Good luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 06, 2016
Good morning nairalanders. I've got this pressing issues I need your advice on. In my e passport they made mistake n fill 1991 as my date of birth and right now I'm claiming the 1991 and that I left primary school 1998 finishing secondary school 2004 which amounts to 7 years of primary + 6 years of secondary = 13 years. people saw thus and objected that I will be queried in the embassy for the years that its impossible to have gotten the primary 6 cert at age 7. but I intend explaining that I had double promotion in my primary school. Pls house what's the implication of this? thanks all for your expected contributions.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:50am On Jun 06, 2016
Williamso:

Ach so. Ein Hoch darauf. cos you saw "2km, 1km..." you're complaining? I live 14 km from my school (about 7 or 8 km if I take the ferry) and I'm cool with it grin grin grin grin!

Well, you can apply to those places; and as was advised, the earlier the better. Accommodation could be problematic if not sorted before getting here. Ich hoffe dass du ein bisschen Deutschkenntnisse hast, oder du Deutschlernen willst bevor du hier kommst
Hmmm. The tfare is covered under the semester ticket or from your pocket? The minimum rent I see is around 170-190 Euro per room . How do you see the cost?

I'm already learning the language. Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joysmart(f): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2016
oboh24:
Good morning nairalanders. I've got this pressing issues I need your advice on. In my e passport they made mistake n fill 1991 as my date of birth and right now I'm claiming the 1991 and that I left primary school 1998 finishing secondary school 2004 which amounts to 7 years of primary + 6 years of secondary = 13 years. people saw thus and objected that I will be queried in the embassy for the years that its impossible to have gotten the primary 6 cert at age 7. but I intend explaining that I had double promotion in my primary school. Pls house what's the implication of this? thanks all for your expected contributions.
Guy better go and correct that thing o
You personally if I tell you that I finished primary school at 7 would you believe?
Please don't spoil your show by yourself o
That kind of ish can make them to ban you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by damoladejobi(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2016
please, I need information about University of Erfurt, life as an international student, the academic experience and job opportunities.
I won't mind if i can get contact of anyone living nearby also.
Thank you
Nosky247:
I'm a prospective Kieler. I pray the admission works out. What stand do they have on English proficiency? I told them that I will take the test by August. I also submitted the letter from my school stating that I did my first degree in English language and I also submitted my IELTS result which expired February this year. I pray I'm convincing enough
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2016
but I've this date already on my passport and it will be difficult to correcting this as its going to take a longer period to effect but I also have age declaration to support this age 1991. but people have said that they have seen 12 years old kid writing SSCE . I am just confused my brother. pls I need more light to this
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Joysmart:
Guy better go and correct that thing o
You personally if I tell you that I finished primary school at 7 would you believe?
Please don't spoil your show by yourself o
That kind of ish can make them to ban you

but I've this date already on my passportand it will be difficult to correcting this as its going to take a longer period to effect but I also have age declaration to support this age 1991. but people have said that they have seen 12 years old kid writing SSCE . I am just confused my brother. pls I need more light t
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by djlaqua91(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2016
djlaqua91:
Good day everyone,

Pls Abuja peeps, do we also need to book an appointment for certification of docs? Cause this their website is just directing me to lagos. Pls let's rub minds. Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 11:15am On Jun 06, 2016
oboh24:
primary school doc is not a compulsory doc to take along, jes leave it if u tink its gonna giv u prob
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rapidosings: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2016
thank you so much @pakinsluv. your reply is much appreciated. Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2016
oboh24:

but I've this date already on my passportand it will be difficult to correcting this as its going to take a longer period to effect but I also have age declaration to support this age 1991. but people have said that they have seen 12 years old kid writing SSCE . I am just confused my brother. pls I need more light t
Are you sure the mistake was a MISTAKE? And as for a 12 year old sitting SSCE, well that's rare but not impossible.

Overall, I don't really see any issue here. Just about 2-3years younger... you should be ok.#Hoffentlich
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
chrisley024:
Hmmm. The tfare is covered under the semester ticket or from your pocket? The minimum rent I see is around 170-190 Euro per room . How do you see the cost?

I'm already learning the language. Danke
All these your questions are funny....
The entire Kiel and the neighbouring Dorfs are covered by the ticket.
I pay more than 200, so you're in good territory.

Oh wie ist das schön.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Williamso:

All these your questions are funny....
The entire Kiel and the neighbouring Dorfs are covered by the ticket.
I pay more than 200, so you're in good territory.

Oh wie ist das schön.
No mind me o! Questions of a novice grin
Thank you so much!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kilo4sure: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
mcfwesh:

That scares me mehn. I just hope I can cope in East Germany.
Why not?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello house,

I made a visit to the FedEx and UPS office in my area and to my surprise the FedEx officers were lost as to what i meant by 'prepaid courier envelope'. When i explained that i intend using it at the german consulate they said I have to bring a yellow card or something (exact words)then they will send it for me to the consulate (that didnt make any sense to me) UPS on the other hand understood my language and said it would cost me N850...I guess I will go with UPS.

My question: is the FedEx prepaid envelope limited to just the one at the consulate complex? Not that I am interested in using them at the moment just curious.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello people,

Please I got admitted for a European masters and I will be in Germany for the first semester only. Do I need to open a blocked account of 8040 euros or 4100 euros
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hexabia: 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
Please guys,does anyone knows anything about Technische Universitat Freiberg I have limited time as it is now.I found application deadline to be 30 June on daad site and on the course website I found 30April.Please which one should I follow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.