Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria (45975 Views)

President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters / Is Buhari Nigeria’s Last President? - By Fredrick Nwabufo (The Cable) / Presidency Says Buhari Might Resign, Gives Shocking Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by buchilino(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
MarysMeal:
This dude should better go face his music career.

Failed attention seeking musician.

U THINK HIS TALKING TRASH?, U BETA ASK BOSNIANS WAT DER EXPERIENCES WHERE LIKE DURING D YUGOSLAV WAR. DON'T ACK LIKE D FOOLISH VIRGINS IN D BIBLE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by thiagoneves: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Seriously there's sense in what this guy is saying. The North feels this country belongs to them and the South feel they're being exploited. I think the time has come for us to go back to the days of regional government or kindly go our separate ways. Not an advocate for separation but it's becoming too obvious by the day. This One Nigeria mantra is only favouring the Hausas/Fulanis and not the rest of the country. The world is becoming more aware and the Southern people are waking up from their slumber. You can't keep a group of people oppressed forever. One day they'll fight back and with the last drops of their blood. Call me a prophet of doom but they'll certainly be an uprising in the middle belt and the South against the Hausas/Fulanis. When that day comes they'll be outnumbered and will have no place to run. A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by buchilino(m): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
MarysMeal:

U TH BIBLE INK HIS TALKING TRASH?, U BETA ASK BOSNIANS WAT DER EXPERIENCES WHERE LIKE DURING D YUGOSLAV WAR. DON'T ACK LIKE D FOOLISH VIRGINS IN D BIBLE
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by rosieluv(f): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
BeardedMeat:
The Op speaks the truth. Only true federalism can make this contraption called Nigeria to continue to exist. Those who are vehemently opposed to the recommendations of the last national confrence and would not convoke their own either, are the same people dividing the people along ethnic and religious lines.
The mutual suspicion is so eloquent. A northern muslim would readily avail help to a chadian muslim than to a northern christain!
And now they want to infiltrate other peoples territory in the guise of grazing reserve but with jihad on their minds and their ultimate goal. Will the rest of the people sit and just
watch and do nothing? Noooooo!!!!!
We may be in the last days!

u say true federalism? u must b an idealist,dere is no such tyn as true federalism. mention a country dat practises wah u term as "true federalism"
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
lestat:

My brother I for one agree with you, but I can't but help this feeling I have been having in the pit of my stomach that Nigeria is about to experience a major crisis? I have been having that feeling and it scares me. Recently I just begged my cousin to relocate her family out of Nigeria , my kid brother has relocated , me I am seriously thinking of doing same. No be say I dey fear but guy this feeling is scary
Really? Has it got this scary? Here is me thinking of Relocating to nigeria so your advice for me is to stay put here in England with my family right?

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Krismart(m): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
MarysMeal:

Bro, u just be like someone sitting on a fire and saying " I'm cool"

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by joyspringacad(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
May God help us
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
TheArchangel:
The feeling is like the calm before the storm. Like a sick feeling in the stomach of something sinister about to go down.

Nobody should be caught unawares. I'd rather been in the Gambia than Nigeria when shits hit the ceiling.
Really? Has it got this scary? Is it that bad? To the extent of running to Gambia?
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by awakeuche(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:
That is nonsense,but let me ask, if per adventure Nigeria distingrate as predicted, who is going to lose? Only wailers. North is the basketmouth of the nation, south west the commercial nerve of the nation, south south also with their oil. Then tell me a single thing the south east will hold unto. Don't let me deceive u, if south east think they want to go because of south south oil, there will be war because south south are also wise now. They know the antics of south east, so will never give in to any amalgamation. It will be sweet if everyone maintain his fathers name but I still believe in entity called Nigeria.
south west the commercial nerve of the nation!! Lol, Na ur people do am Abi? And the pitiful part is that you truly believe it.

4 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by TheArchangel(f): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
otiigba1:
Really? Has it got this scary? Is it that bad? To the extent of running to Gambia?
The Gambia is good at least it is a west African country that doesn't require visa and they speaks English. That far is good cos Ghana and Benin and Togo will be too saturated with peeps.
Call me paranoid but something isn't right, right now.
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
otiigba1:
Really? Has it got this scary? Here is me thinking of Relocating to nigeria so your advice for me is to stay put here in England with my family right?

To be frank? Yes bruv, honestly at this point I feel every adult here in nigeria should ensure they have a valid visa in their passport! This is what all my friends and I have done.
Because when it starts all hell will break loose
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
I have read Etcetera's writeup,and I would like to reply to his comments.

First,I agree with some of his comments....we are a nation of bad politicians, and we are addicted to entertainment.

But here is where I begin to disagree with him

Number one...he talks of all the bad politicans, and how Nigerians are divided by bad politicians. But where do these bad politicians come from? From the same Nigerians, not so.? And it is Nigerians that encourage the same bad politicians. ....because many Nigerians cannot see beyond their daily bread.

During the last election, many Nigerians did not turn out to vote because ''no body gave me money to vote''. Then there are the Nigerians who vote across the country based on how much naira they can get. Many of them do it without thinking about tomorrow because as far as they are concerned, voting is just for cash to chop. And after election, many of them get thanked by a politican that they will not see for the next four years....except when he comes to dash them sewing machine, motorcycle,and so on. Tell me,is that development. Even the language we use....dividends of democracy....is the language of people who want to chop.

I also hear him when he talks about true federalism. Yes....I think that true federalism would work especially in the areas of ending losses from illegal mining and the like. But....at the end of the day....who benefits from true federalism? Is it the state or the Local Government, or the region? Would non oil producing parts of the SE agree to only allow the oil producing LG in the SE benefit from resource control....or would they insist that the region shares the thing? That is the problem....when I hear people singing true federalisim.....all I hear is that the South East should benefit more from the oil revenue....because they are in charge of the South South...and the rest of the country can go and grow cocoa and cotton. Would that not make a bad situation worse?

And anyway.....why should Nigeria be dependent on the revenue from oil, cocoa, cotton, groundnut, etc? It is because of arguments over the whole sharing of revenue that we even ended up with the civil war in the first place. But there is an even more serious problem.

Nigeria is not developed because from time immemorial....we have been dependent on revenues from selling raw materials. And here is the problem...because our leaders, both in the Army and the Political class do not rely on our taxes ,but on raw materials revenue....they can afford to loot our money and share the rest...because no matter what, the cash will always flow. And even under a resource control situation, this problem is going to continue. If our leaders were really dependent on taxpayers money...they won't even try to steal...because they would be thrown out in shrt order. But because they rely on money that does not come from us...they can do what they like..there will still be kudi tomorrow to share. And Nigerians too do not want to work hard for their money. They want to be partakers of the sharing.

And the above is why Nigeria is not developed at all. Why up till now Nigeria cannot build a refinery from scratch...using made in Nigeria materials...because we can just import it.

And when the money runs low...we start fighting over the cash.

The problem with Nigeria is not Lugard,contraption or even resource control. We are a nation of freeloaders. And we will continue being freeloaders whether we stay together or not. Nigerians need to change. I know it is impossible....but we need to change. If we cannot change...it does not matter how many times we do conference, write new constitution, do rebellion, split into five of fifty countries....so long as Nigerians do not change...there would be problems.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by upsonn(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
lestat:

My brother I for one agree with you, but I can't but help this feeling I have been having in the pit of my stomach that Nigeria is about to experience a major crisis? I have been having that feeling and it scares me. Recently I just begged my cousin to relocate her family out of Nigeria , my kid brother has relocated , me I am seriously thinking of doing same. No be say I dey fear but guy this feeling is scary

Brother!

Relax!

The fear

You fear

Is only

In

You!

God will take control!

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ioannes:
interesting!

from musician to columnist in the Punch newspaper, now the guy has metamorphosed into a prophet.

We all know that that is the wish of majority of our peeps from the East. That Nigeria be destroyed.

That's why they gloat at every bad news and hardship Nigerians are going through and become silently vindictive and bitter when progress is made, like the billion dollar deal brokered by the President.

their peculiar position has led them to uncharted waters by defending the likes of Fayose, Saraki, and other thieves as well as the old hag Kemi Olunloyo.

God pass you all.
man! I think you need to wake up! In as much as i would not like nigeria to break up Any thing can happen, never say never. As long as some Group or ethnic in nigeria are not happy they other Groups should be worried it's obvious Igbos has this mindset or seeking disintegration ignoring them or believing that they are bluffing is going to inflame the situation. Why not hear what they are demanding for and find a way to resolve it. They are still part of nigeria wether you like or not. Ignoring a problem will not make it go away.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
TheArchangel:
The feeling is like the calm before the storm. Like a sick feeling in the stomach of something sinister about to go down.

Nobody should be caught unawares. I'd rather been in the Gambia than Nigeria when shits hit the ceiling.

Exactly! I couldn't have said it any better myself!!
It's a horrid feeling one just can't shake!
Lord have mercy on all of us
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Tarzaa(m): 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
Personally, I don't see it the same way with you! I don't see Nigeria breaking up now, that time has passed.
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Bigcake: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
BeardedMeat:
You must be benefitting from this shody arrangement if this all you can come up with after reading that lenghty passage if at all you read. Nobody will vote for a miss NL who thinks from the anus. #noOffence.
A smelly anus at that.

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
upsonn:

Brother!

Relax!

The fear

You fear

Is only

In

You!

God will take control!

God will take control? This is usually the statement hapless people make before being murdered by blood thirsty guerillas. Tell me you don't feel it too? The feeling is everywhere! It's frightening!!! People are having nightmares! Bro no one is praying for this! But everyone is sensing it's coming

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by seunajia: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Story for the gods. Hopeless beings never see the silver lining because they're incurable losers.

Nigeria shall prosper, unfortunately when she does naysayers like this guy and iPods will benefit. I wish there were a way to exclude them from such benefits.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
otiigba1:
man! I think you need to wake up! In as much as i would not like nigeria to break up Any thing can happen, never say never. As long as some Group or ethnic in nigeria are not happy they other Groups should be worried it's obvious Igbos has this mindset or seeking disintegration ignoring them or believing that they are bluffing is going to inflame the situation. Why not hear what they are demanding for and find a way to resolve it. They are still part of nigeria wether you like or not. Ignoring a problem will not make it go away.

i want you to prove to me right now on this forum that 75% of Igbos actually want a separate country. and please back it up with verifiable facts and statistics.

I'm waiting...

Oh btw, we know what they want (the few shouting bi@fra upandan). their major grouse is that Buhari is the President.

Nothing we can do about that unless they are planning a coup.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Ooni: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
Tarzaa:
Personally, I don't see it the same way with you! I don't see Nigeria breaking up now, that time has passed.
most of you think its impossible after the 2015 election but u're wrong.

When a tap wants to stop running it rushes the most

when the sick wants to die he recovers the most

the current atmostphere is omnious.

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by tysontim(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:
That is nonsense,but let me ask, if per adventure Nigeria distingrate as predicted, who is going to lose? Only wailers. North is the basketmouth of the nation, south west the commercial nerve of the nation, south south also with their oil. Then tell me a single thing the south east will hold unto. Don't let me deceive u, if south east think they want to go because of south south oil, there will be war because south south are also wise now. They know the antics of south east, so will never give in to any amalgamation. It will be sweet if everyone maintain his fathers name but I still believe in entity called Nigeria.

Oga who owns South South? particularly Niger Delta? remove Abia, IMO, Rivers and Delta which are Igbo states, what oil again remain? Even Cross river and Akwa Ibom has a lot of indigenous Igbo population. The rest will rather go with Igbo rather than going with the quota system countries at least there the minorities have a chance to pass the majority based on merit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Zico5(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
tysontim:

Oga who owns South South? particularly Niger Delta? remove Abia, IMO, Rivers and Delta which are Igbo states, what oil again remain? Even Cross river and Akwa Ibom has a lot of indigenous Igbo population. The rest will rather go with Igbo rather than going with the quota system countries at least there the minorities have a chance to pass the majority based on merit.

U will know the truth when the time comes

1 Like

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by steppin: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Double post.
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by steppin: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:
Weldone! Same tactics abbokis has been using to forcefully keep Nigerians as one.
If you're indeed from the Sw like your post implies, I have nothing to say to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Bobbybube(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:

Your comment is totally uncalled for and particularly immature.
The op made a statement about 'Nigeria' and u decided to bring tribalism and bigotry into it.
However, for your information, the south east is the commercial hub of the country with innate business acumen. This is what Turkey and Dubai are virtually based on. Commerce is the best way to drive an economy, and onitsha,Aba and Nnewi are potential "Dubai's".
Secondly, if u aren't aware,Before the oil craze the south east has been and still is producing palm oil. This is what the Malaysian and other Asian economies are based on.
Also, to correct your erroneous notion, the south east has massive oil producing areas still untapped in Abia, Imo and Anambara states.
Any nation, small in size, with agricultural, crude oil and commercial potential is perfectly able to cater for itself especially considering the bulk of professionals at home and in the diaspora.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by Tarzaa(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ooni:
most of you think its impossible after the 2015 election but u're wrong.

When a tap wants to stop running it rushes the most

when the sick wants to die he recovers the most

the current atmostphere is omnious.
well, I don't pray for such but if it must happen, it should better be peaceful!
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by ransomed: 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
I see an indivisible, indefatigable, prosperous and mighty Nation coming out from the present challenges. Pessimists can take a dive at the lagoon. My generation shall never give up. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by comrChris(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:
Nonsense!! why not join hand in breaking the country since you already known that it will favour you more than the SE

the major question here should be, what
have we gained,what are gaining presently and what do we intend to gain in future if we continue in this marriage?

for your plastic mind you think sw is doing well economically more than se,hmm pls aside Lagos which other state in sw can you say is capable of holding your so called sw even in that Lagos who are the major driver of the economy??

pls can guys over there for once forget about how we will survive and support the disintegration of this fake marriage so that you can go and enjoy yourselves like you claimed

4 Likes

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Zico5:
let me first laugh wella b4 i comment.....hahahahahahahaaaaaa chim o chai.
Commercial nerve ke, i fit not laff.
Who dey run una commercial nerve?

if we seperate, only then will we know who will suffer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by persius555(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Why dabble into politics
Re: Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria by DonBenny77(m): 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
MarysMeal:

is dat all u can say after absorbing this wonderful passage?.
my dear u r really empty, so anyone u can sing must be a musician

i'm sure u r a good writer.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Umahi, Others Queue Behind George Obiozor, The New President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Deji Adeyanju Shocked Over Massive Crowd At Atiku's Rally In Ogun / Celebration In Kano This Night As People Chant 'Ganduje Barawo Dollar'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.