Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 (49133 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / 17-Year-Old Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Emeka Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In Epsom College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Prince16: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by ijaw1stson: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
garfield16:

Google "Mansa Musa"

"The 14th century emperor from West Africa was worth a staggering $400 billion, after adjusting for inflation,"
I love your facts bro.. had to run to google to confirm, cuz that money big scatter as at then
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:
lol same Awo that dealt Biafra two deadly blows by the jugular even without going to war.

1.) currency change
2.) starvation policy.

Awo was too intelligent grin

You need to stop repeating this Biafra propaganda. Awolowo was a civilian and a finance minister DT had no business wt military strategy.

He did not carry out any starvation policy. That was done by military leaders and commanders. You can Google all their names. If u really think some politician dt came out from prison could have bn controlling angry and powerful military officers who were then in control of d country and acting wt impunity all over d place, u must really be brainwashed. In fact I don't even think Gowon had a handle on his military officers, not to talk of awolowo.

Awolowos master stroke of genius was CHANGING THE CURRENCY after d CBN looting. I believe DT contributed immensely in ending d war and made ojukwu hate him for life.

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by yom2(m): 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ooni:
he was intelligent by being a coward ?

He was intelligent for backtracking cowardly after promising to declare our seperate republic?

He was intelligent by selling we yorubas into the hands of mile 12 and ondo fulani marauders?

He was intelligent by taking poison meant for rats and other rodents?

He was a big time disgrace to we yorubas and we must admit it if we must move foward. We should not be defining success by how much our son hate ibos.
pls for God sake lets stop these tribal bigotry on this forum. It often depicts one as primitive,myopic and crude if the only thing one is passionate about on this forum is tribal jingoism.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Bigcake: 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:
if only his father knew he will lead 2m Ibos to their death lipsrsealed
My friend you are far too young to be stupiid. read history and know why Biafrans lost the war. left for Nigeria alone, Biafrans would have destroyed them... As far as history is concerned, the coded genocide called civil war was between Biafra and the world powers namely; Israel, USA, France, Russia and Cameroun... yes i mentioned Cameroun because they had a deal with the Nigerian government and France to annex the oil-rich Bakassi to Cameroun in order to serve as a conduit route to smuggle in weapons..... History is beautiful.... it reveals a lot hence the Federal Government of Nigeria placed a ban on it.

Modified...... Mind you am not Igbo.... but just saying the crystal truth.

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by TheSunSon: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
When the queen visited nigeria for the first time,NIGERIA borrowed Luis Ojukwu's car to transport her. No one in the born to rule or sophisticated community was rich enough to have a car fit for the queen. Long live the Biafran spirit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by realnas(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Died with a net worth of 40billions dolllars ? The way u guys throw figures around is scary to say the least ,he is rich no doubt but I mean to the tune of 40 billion dollars ? Haba guys and besides have u ever heard of a gentleman named dantata frm kano ? He was a g nut and kolanut merchant who was among the first nigerians to export g nuts using steamboat not hating though

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by asorocker: 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dharniel:
notice the centre of gravity of his head is hollow in shape. him Papa don knock him head taya, knowing fully well he'll be a nuisance to the society...
show the world your father's picture or your grand father's picture in 1937
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bigcake:
My friend you are far too young to be stupiid. read history and know why Biafrans lost the war. left for Nigeria alone, Biafrans would have destroyed them... As far as history is concerned, the coded genocide called civil war was between Biafra and the world powers namely; Israel, USA, France, Russia and Cameroun... yes i mentioned Cameroun because they had a deal with the Nigerian government and France to annex the oil-rich Bakassi to Cameroun in order to serve as a conduit route to smuggle in weapons..... History is beautiful.... it reveals a lot hence the Federal Government of Nigeria placed a ban on it.

Modified...... Mind you am not Igbo.... but just saying the crystal truth.

on the subject of truth, history was banned because Nigeria did not have enough history teachers...nobody studies history, so no qualified history teachers. Get the facts right.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by jesuspikinjp(m): 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
agbari ojukwu. may your soul rest in peace
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by TheSunSon: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:
If only your father knew you will be conceived the night he came back drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by asorocker: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:
lol same Awo that dealt Biafra two deadly blows by the jugular even without going to war.

1.) currency change
2.) starvation policy.

Awo was too intelligent grin
the same Awo that was made a jail bird by Ahmadu Bello and could not deliver him self even with the number of followership.

Hypocrisy is when you can not deliver your self or your kindred , family , community, locality, state, region but you claim you saved the whole country or the whole world . Charity begins at home, if you cannot deliver your self how can you deliver the community and country.

if he was intelligent , his intelligent would have delivered him and his people who are presently fighting for preservation under one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by abbeyty(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jaideyone:

you mean he would have double his condom ?
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by TheSunSon: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
notoriousbabe:
he would have asked the mother to see a doctor to flush him out
The way your mother took pills to abort you but failed and only succeeded in making you a complete rëtard?

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
asorocker:

show the world your father's picture or your grand father's picture in 1937

fella...
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by luggy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
God bless OJUKWU IKEMBA

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
asorocker:

the same Awo that was made a jail bird by Ahmadu Bello and could not deliver him self even with the number of followership.

Hypocrisy is when you can not deliver your self or your kindred , family , community, locality, state, region but you claim you saved the whole country or the whole world . Charity begins at home, if you cannot deliver your self how can you deliver the community and country.

if he was intelligent , his intelligent would have delivered him and his people who are presently fighting for preservation under one Nigeria

Smh. Alternate reality.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by luggy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
GOD BLESS OJUKWU IKEMBA

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
Most of d children talking here don't even know DT ojukwu had a terrible relationship with his father.

Our millenials are just social media parrots, not interested in learning.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by gwales: 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
gidgiddy:
[b] Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and his father, Sir Louis Philip Odumegwu Ojukwu in 1937. Both would later acquire intimidating credentials.

Sir Louis Philip Odumegwu Ojukwu:
He was believed to be the richest man in West Africa and is often touted as Africa's first millionaire. From buying an old second hand truck, he built a large transportation company and then diversified to create a huge business empire. He was also:

First president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
Chairman,Nigeria cement company (NIGERCEM)
CEO, Ojukwu Transport company
Chairman John Holt West Africa
President, African continental Bank
Chairman African shipping council
Chairman Costain West Africa
Chairman, Eastern Nigeria produce board
KBE (Knight of the British Empire)

[s] As at 1966 when he died of heart faliure, he was estimated to have been worth about 40 Billion Dollars in today's money. He was even richer than Dangote
[/s]

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu:

B.sc , MA -Oxford
First indigenous assistant district officer in the old eastern region and one of the first in Nigeria.

First graduate to join the Nigerian Army

First quarter-master General of the Nigerian Army

First and only Military Governor of the Eastern region.

Head of state and commander in chief of the Biafran armed forces 1967-70

Eze Ndigbo gburu gburu ( King of Igbos worldwide)

I don't know if Igbos will ever produce people of the calibre of these two men ever again.
[/b]
Lies from pit of hell. There is no source to back it. By following your logic I can easily claim that dangotes grandfather is the richest man in the world
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
realnas:
Died with a net worth of 40billions dolllars ? The way u guys throw figures around is scary to say the least ,he is rich no doubt but I mean to the tune of 40 billion dollars ? Haba guys and besides have u ever heard of a gentleman named dantata frm kano ? He was a g nut and kolanut merchant who was among the first nigerians to export g nuts using steamboat not hating though

or Mai Deribe from Borno, infact many will tell you Da Rocha was Nigerias first millionaire, As a young boy growing up I never heard of Ojukwu as having the sort of money that put him amongst the likes of Dantata, Da Rocha and mai Deribe.. When you talk of money those were the names that were the yardstick for wealth.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
asorocker:

He was made a jailbird by Ahmad bello & Nnamdi Azikiwe.

You guys always conveniently forget that part.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Bigcake: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
garfield16:

on the subject of truth, history was banned because Nigeria did not have enough history teachers...nobody studies history, so no qualified history teachers. Get the facts right.
I disagree with you... In my undergraduate days i had so many friends who read History and International studies. These set of students knew already that the could end up being History teachers. yes, the were more than 600 students in that department. The federal government of Nigeria placed a ban on history to avoid another uprising when the history of the biafran civil war is taught. Nigerian government do not want us and our children to know the truth about the world presence in the coded genocide called civil war. the truth is hiden in the history as recorded by many world authors including late Chinua Achebe( may His soul rest in peace). History is beautiful. it makes you know alll about you. The only history the blood sucking Northeners want you to know is about Borno Empire and the reign of Usman Dan Fodio and how the whole country will become an islamic estate. Tell me, where you not taught about Usman Dan Fodio in social studies in your primary school days?

Mind you am not from Igbo...... HISTORY IS BEAUTIFUL, IT REVEALS A LOT ABOUT US..... Have a nice day sir.....

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by udy4real(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
notoriousbabe:
he would have asked the mother to see a doctor to flush him out

U dey craze,

Make una ban me
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bigcake:
I disagree with you... In my undergraduate days i had so many friends who read History and International studies. These set of students knew already that the could end up being History teachers. yes, the were more than 600 students in that department. The federal government of Nigeria placed a ban on history to avoid another uprising when the history of the biafran civil war is taught. Nigerian government do not want us and our children to know the truth about the world presence in the coded genocide called civil war. the truth is hiden in the history as recorded by many world authors including late Chinua Achebe( may His soul rest in peace). History is beautiful. it makes you know alll about you. The only history the blood sucking Northeners want you to know is about Borno Empire and the reign of Usman Dan Fodio and how the whole country will become an islamic estate. Tell me, where you not taught about Usman Dan Fodio in social studies in your primary school days?

Mind you am not from Igbo...... HISTORY IS BEAUTIFUL, IT REVEALS A LOT ABOUT US..... Have a nice day sir.....

does it matter whether you are Ibo or not, ibo has nothing to do with teaching history. I have it on authority that there are no History teachers. There may be people who studied history with you but the fact is there are not enough qualified history teachers who want to teach so it was scrapped. very stupid and sad if you ask me.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by asorocker: 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
janellemonae:

Awolowo was jailed by ahmadu Bello and another yoruba man by the name Akintola

Following an alliance between Ladoke Akintola and Ahmadu Bello, Akintola was returned to power on the 31st of December 1962 in spite of protests by Dr Nnamidi Azikiwe who requested fresh elections rather than reinstating Chief Ladoke Akintola.
By 1963, the plot between Chief Ladoke Akintola, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa and Alhaji Ahmadu Bello was perfected and Chief Obafemi Awolowo was arrested for coup plotting/treason. His trial commenced in earnest and he was alongside some accomplices convicted for treason and jailed for 10 years. This again was the first alleged coup plotting and conviction in Nigerian history
Intent on totally decimating Chief Awolowo, Chief Ladoke Akintola together with his Deputy Premier Remi Fani Kayode "Fani-Power" (both of Nigerian National Democratic Party) went into a political alliance with Prime minister Tafawa Balewa's Northern People's Congress (NCP) and new political party known as the Nigerian National Alliance (NNA) was formed. Dr Nnamidi Azikiwe led NCNC teamed up with incarcerated Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s Action Group (AG)

Ahmadu jalied Awolowo using a yoruba man
https://www.dawodu.com/awolowo6.htm
At the conclusion of the speech by Justice Sowemimo, Chief Awolowo
was sentenced as follows:

1st Count – 10 years I.H.L (Imprisonment with Hard Labour)
Treasonable felony, contrary to Section 41(b) of the Criminal Code

2nd Count – 5 years I.H.L.
Conspiracy to commit a felony, contrary to Section 516 of the
Criminal Code

3rd Count – 2 years I.H.L.
Conspiracy to effect an unlawful purpose, contrary to Section 518 (6)
of the Criminal Code

Sentences to be concurrent

he begged an igbo man to be released from jailed
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/awolowo/awolowo_ironsi.htm
of the Constitution of the Federation Act 1963, by granting me as well as each of my colleagues A FREE PARDON. If you do, your action will be most warmly, heartily, and popularly applauded at home and abroad, and you will go down to history as soldier, statesmen, and humanitarian.

Yours truly,

OBAFEMI AWOLOWO.

THOSE CONVICTED FOR TREASONABLE FELONY.

Awolowo upong being released from prison accepted the vice president postion and minister for finance to fight igbos

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by asorocker: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
janellemonae:

Please read widely and stop the open display of crass and gross ignorance
Awolowo was jailed by Ahmadu bello and a yoruba man Akintola
By 1963, the plot between Chief Ladoke Akintola, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa and Alhaji Ahmadu Bello was perfected and Chief Obafemi Awolowo was arrested for coup plotting/treason. His trial commenced in earnest and he was alongside some accomplices convicted for treason and jailed for 10 years. This again was the first alleged coup plotting and conviction in Nigerian history
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by millhouse: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
Kul
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
t.
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by VanUrch(m): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
I still don't understand why Chukwuemeka Ojukwu choose to join the army to serve this effed up country with all those resources at his disposal....what does he have to show for it??...LIVE ON Eze gburu gburu

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by VanUrch(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
janellemonae:
Most of d children talking here don't even know DT ojukwu had a terrible relationship with his father.

Our millenials are just social media parrots, not interested in learning.
What kind of relationship do you expect a father who sent his son to oxford only for the son to graduate and join the army to have?...there was a song that was coined during the civil war then that translates "He who gave birth to a soldier has no child........"...in igbo anyway
Re: Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 by Jaideyone(m): 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
TheSunSon:

If only your father knew you will be conceived the night he came back drunk.
I'm entitled to my own opinion. if you don't like my post kindly use the lagoon. you don't have to display your thuggery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West / The Entrance To The Imo Exhibition Center Commissioned By Osinbajo (Photos) / Anambra Roads Deserted Despite IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order Suspension(Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.