Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206952 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
abusaibu:
Goodday house, pls is it possible for one to stay permanent in Australia with work permit?.

Work permit usually accompanies a type of visa class.

So it depends on the type of visa that gave you the work permit in the first place?

check http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work for more info
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2017
moniyet:
Good day everyone,

Thanks to everyone providing guidance to us all here. May God bless u and the work of your hands, started reading this thread a few days ago but it will take weeks for me to complete so please forgive me if some of my questions have been answered.
uestions are.......

Kindly advise please.

AGE 32: 30
IELTS: 10
Work Experience: 10 or 5 or 0 subject to review by CPA/ICAA/IPA
Partner: 5
Degree: 15

. Worst case scenario is that you will have 60 based on the above criteria, but you are good for 65, You can increase your Points by applying for your assessment soonest (before you turn 33) and also getting superior English score.

the assessment body will advise you if " banking operations can be regarded as closely related to accounting occupation", so the earlier you start the better.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodluck
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by moniyet: 11:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you so much for your advice but is it true that those that chose accounting and ICT occupation need at least 70 to be invited as the influx is high?

quote author=Alphadoor post=52975682]

. Worst case scenario is that you will have 60 based on the above criteria, but you are good for 65, You can increase your Points by applying for your assessment soonest (before you turn 33) and also getting superior English score.

the assessment body will advise you if " banking operations can be regarded as closely related to accounting occupation", so the earlier you start the better.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodluck
[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
@moniyet Thank you so much for your advice but is it true that those that chose accounting and ICT occupation need at least 70 to be invited as the influx is high?

@moniyet

Am afraid that is TRUE as at DECEMBER 2016 but this things are not set in stones, its a trend that is not stable

Following this link for more info and see attached.
https://www.acacia-au.com/skillselect-update-December-2016.php

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by moniyet: 1:26am On Jan 21, 2017
thank u so much for patiently answering my questions and so sorry for my constant questions, however there was no link to click on all I saw was a table, also I need to ask again as it wasn't previously answered, must I do my English test e. G IELTS in academic module, I did one last year for another process but did it in general module, can I still use it and get a positive assessment?

Thanks

quote author=Alphadoor post=52989956]@moniyet Thank you so much for your advice but is it true that those that chose accounting and ICT occupation need at least 70 to be invited as the influx is high?

Am afraid that is TRUE as at DECEMBER 2016 but this things are not set in stones, its a trend that is not stable

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 21, 2017
Please forgive me for always coming around only when I have some clarification make.
My career episodes/ history in my own word, is it the same thing as my CV?
Do I need to include work experiences that has nothing to do with my nominated occupation? For instance, if I work as an account in an organization and at the same time run a personal business(PB) but choose to migrate with my pb. Do I need to include my accounting experience in my CV?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:39am On Jan 21, 2017
moniyet:
thank u so much for patiently answering my questions and so sorry for my constant questions, however there was no link to click on all I saw was a table, also I need to ask again as it wasn't previously answered, must I do my English test e. G IELTS in academic module, I did one last year for another process but did it in general module, can I still use it and get a positive assessment?

Thanks

quote author=Alphadoor post=52989956]@moniyet Thank you so much for your advice but is it true that those that chose accounting and ICT occupation need at least 70 to be invited as the influx is high?

Apologies for the omission

Your IELTS general is sufficient for assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:46am On Jan 21, 2017
nkechima:
Please forgive me for always coming around only when I have some clarification make.
My career episodes/ history in my own word, is it the same thing as my CV?
Do I need to include work experiences that has nothing to do with my nominated occupation? For instance, if I work as an account in an organization and at the same time run a personal business(PB) but choose to migrate with my pb. Do I need to include my accounting experience in my CV?

Visit your nominated occupation assessment body website for accurate clarification.

you can also state the occupation, maybe i can help u look into it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by caon: 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
moniyet:
Thank you so much for your advice but is it true that those that chose accounting and ICT occupation need at least 70 to be invited as the influx is high?

quote author=Alphadoor post=52975682]

@moniyet,I have an HND in accounting with 4 years experience wit,am 31 years of age,will I b eligible to get positive assessment.ur quick response wil be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
What occupation to you intend to nominate? If its Accounting related, am afraid none of the Accounting bodies accept HND as equivalent to BSC for the purpose of skill assessment which is even the first step for getting a positive assessment. You may want to chose another occupation not assessed by any of these bodies.

Alternatively, you may try out Canada route as WES assesses HND as higher than Bsc. Go to the Canadian thread to see if it works for you. All the best

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/14

caon:
@moniyet,I have an HND in accounting with 4 years experience with a pension fund administrator(PFA) in d capacity of a benefit administrator(responsible for payin benefits to retirees),am 31 years of age,will I b eligible to get positive assessment.ur quick response wil be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by caon: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bimpsy99:
What occupation to you intend to nominate? If its Accounting related, am afraid none of the Accounting bodies accept HND as equivalent to BSC for the purpose of skill assessment which is even the first step for getting a positive assessment. You may want to chose another occupation not assessed by any of these bodies.

Alternatively, you may try out Canada route as WES assesses HND as higher than Bsc. Go to the Canadian thread to see if it works for you. All the best

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/14

@ Bimpsy99,tanx for ur response,what other occupation do u tink wil do goin by what u jst said.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
Apologies I don't know much about other asessing bodies. Maybe other people will be able to assist

caon:
@ Bimpsy99,tanx for ur response,what other occupation do u tink wil do goin by what u jst said.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamaileri: 12:37am On Jan 22, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Apologies I don't know much about other asessing bodies. Maybe other people will be able to assist

Hi bimpsy99 been trying to send a mail to you but it's not going through need to ask you some questions with regard to migration process for accountants.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Please check your email
mamaileri:
Hi bimpsy99 been trying to send a mail to you but it's not going through need to ask you some questions with regard to migration process for accountants.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
udz:
wow... longtime my ppl ... been battling ielts and finally its a 20. plz any Electrical Engineer can send me His CDR so i can use a successful format. I will be nominating for Electrical engineer... my email is jimosebeng@gmail.com ....thanks my bosses

Pls can someone help so I can at least know am not making mistakes with my write up. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
udz:
Pls can someone help so I can at least know am not making mistakes with my write up. Thank you.
send a PM. I'm Electronics... But na same same afterall..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Preparing for PTE-A

Gunning for 79+,

grin cheesy

Am using E2 language and materials from https://ptepractice.com/ (Silver Prep Kit)

wish me luck...!!!!!!!!!!

20 POINTS highly needed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Alphadoor:
Preparing for PTE-A

Gunning for 79+,

grin cheesy

Am using E2 language and materials from https://ptepractice.com/ (Silver Prep Kit)

wish me luck...!!!!!!!!!!

20 POINTS highly needed

Did you buy the test. cos I can no longer access sample tests without paying.
I need practice materials please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malel1: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dear Team, how long does it take to get accessed by EA ,if u are not using the fast track option
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4realisreal(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, been following this tread for some time now. I want to sincerely thank all ur contributions. This is actually a garden of wisdom! Thanks to everyone.
Pls ur opinion is needed here.
Age - 37 mid dis yr,
PTE - S/W/R/L - 57,61,53,60
Qualifi- statistics with computer Sc. (2005-2011)PT
Emplymt - since 2007 to date in govt establismnt. Currently wrk as a system Analyst (SA).
From my assessment, score is 50
The fear now is will ACS actually assess me with 6 yrs emplymnt skills? If yes what is d possibility of been nominated in (SA) subclass 489. Pls response needed urgently! Thank u.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
ajiifixing:

Did you buy the test. cos I can no longer access sample tests without paying.
I need practice materials please.

Yes it's paid access.

But you can also use this material I found on these thread

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4realisreal(m): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, been following this tread for some time now. I want to sincerely thank all ur contributions. This is actually a garden of wisdom! Thanks to everyone.
Age - 37 mid dis yr,
Emplymt - since 2007 to date in govt establismnt. Currently wrk as a system Analyst (SA).
The fear now is will ACS actually assess me with 6 yrs emplymnt skills? If yes what is d possibility of been nominated in (SA) subclass 489. Thank u.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
4realisreal:
Hello
1. Is there a reason why you posted this twice in less than two hours?
2. You need to take another PTE-A to get at least 65 in all sections so that you'll get 10 points from there. English points be like bonus, they shouldn't be wasted.
3. The ACS guys are coming, but yes, I presume you have 6 years cos ACS deducts the first four years of work experience. if you are not an ICT Major.
4. I think both 189 and 190 are still possible. dont relegate yourself to 489 yet
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malel1: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
4realisreal:
Age - 37 mid dis yr,
The fear now is will ACS actually assess me with 6 yrs emplymnt skills? If yes what is d possibility of been nominated in (SA) subclass 489. Thank u.

How did u get 50
From the info u provided I think u should get above 50
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4realisreal(m): 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
Thanks very much. Is not that I am relegating myself, I was judging from my score. More so, if that score can actually fly, subclass 489 is not so bad from what I have gathered, after all some ppl accept it. what about if I am able to contact a relative in Australian who can sponsor? I want to exploit all options b4 taking another exam. That was my first attempt anyway and one can not be so sure of second attempt. Concerning my qualif. the point is hope no discrimination btw part time and full time studies. the course is ICT major and job experience was completed 4 yrs earlier than my degree.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4realisreal(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Age- 37yrs - 25pts
Qualification- BSc.Statistics wth Comp. Sc. 15pts
Job Experience - from 2007 to 2017 but due to ACS deduction if I am correct, they are likely to remove 4 yrs prior to my degree. I graduated 2011. That gives me 6 yrs - 10 pts
PTE - 0pts
So that gives 50 pts total.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
From this analysis, you actually have 45 points.. I didnt notice earlier that the degree overlapped with part of the work experience... They definitely wont give you the full 6 years after degree cos as an ICT Major, they count the first two years after the degree as not being at professional level. ... so, 5 points there... you really have to retake PTE.. There are enough PTE success stories in the house and most people didnt make the required scores at the first attempt either... you cant afford to leave 20 points wasted without even trying.... And now I leave the rest to the ACS guys... where are Bolaobby and SunVick?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4realisreal(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
ACS guys in d house pls respond o. Is it 45pts? I think its 50pts because from ACS website, if u completed ur Wrk experience prior to ur degree, 4 yrs will be deducted & job experience will b calculated from d earliest date of completing both. In my own case, d earliest date of completing both is 2011.Make una check am now!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bnimz:
send a PM. I'm Electronics... But na same same afterall..

Bro I already sent u a pm. However u can still use jimosebeng@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2017
Note that ACS calculates work experience by month and not year.
If you say you graduated 2011 (maybe Sep, Oct or Dec), it can be assumed you started working at a professional level from Jan 2012. That means you have total of 5 years work experience and not 6years which equates to 5points.
i.e Jan/2012 to Jan/2017 = 5years which 5points

What month did you graduate in 2011 and what month did you commence you professional job?

4realisreal:
Age- 37yrs - 25pts
Qualification- BSc.Statistics wth Comp. Sc. 15pts
Job Experience - from 2007 to 2017 but due to ACS deduction if I am correct, they are likely to remove 4 yrs prior to my degree. I graduated 2011. That gives me 6 yrs - 10 pts
PTE - 0pts
So that gives 50 pts total.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2017
Bnimz:
From this analysis, you actually have 45 points.. I didnt notice earlier that the degree overlapped with part of the work experience... They definitely wont give you the full 6 years after degree cos as an ICT Major, they count the first two years after the degree as not being at professional level. ... so, 5 points there... you really have to retake PTE.. There are enough PTE success stories in the house and most people didnt make the required scores at the first attempt either... you cant afford to leave 20 points wasted without even trying.... And now I leave the rest to the ACS guys... where are Bolaobby and SunVick?

Oga Bnimz, you have already hit the nail on the head. Nothing more to add to your response. The point is 45 and not 50. All he need to do is to go for PTE again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.