Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211922 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2017
cuteannie02:

Congratulations, may God see you through the rest

Kindly reply my mail please. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 10:49am On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
To God be the
glory. Happy to announce visa grants for my family.
Timeline
March 2015: exam in kenya(professional exam)
March 2016: repeat exam in dubai
Pte exam: june 2015
Invitation: 14th sept
Application: 30th sept
CO contact: 5th dec
Job verification: 5th jan
Responce from office: 13th jan
Visa grant(189)brisbane team: 24,th jan

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this success story. Bellong, i appreciate you.

Good news. Congrats and All the best on the other side
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats @oknee
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Casumugha: 11:44am On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats Bro, may we all get what you now have. Good luck

Good news. Congrats and All the best on the other side[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
cuteannie02:

Congratulations, may God see you through the rest
Thank you smiley
oknee:
To God be the glory. Happy to announce visa grants for my family.

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this success story. Bellong, i appreciate you.
Congrats!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Timeline

Congrats...this is good news
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats oknee...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Timeline

Oknee... Congrats to u and ur family. Am always happy seeing d almighty "Grant" success stories.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
jamson:

send me a PM pls
Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
4mula22:
Hello house

Writing a CDR for EA has proven to be more challenging than I thought it would be. Could anyone help me with a sample CDR? I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but a sample from any engineering discipline will be highly appreciated.

PS: I arrived Melbourne about a month ago and so far it has been good. Yet to get a job (casual, part time, or professional), but I'm working on it. Accommodation and transportation are relatively expensive. The weather is okay although it fluctuates a lot. Aussies hail from all over the world with the Brits and Asians dominating (relative population). I'm yet to discover a Nigerian network or community here (well, I'm indoors most times). So if you're in Melbourne or any other part of Australia, Holla @ me. I'll be happy to connect.

cc: Bellong, Bnimz, Mctowel, Ibiyemiara, Ifexsco

It's only gonna get better. U'll definitely find something soon. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abbyjo: 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Good day,
Please is there any one in Australia has aud in exchange for naira?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmoAussie: 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
@ Oknee
Congratulations!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:

Congratulations!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Xkoba: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
hello family.. im a medical doctor, I plan to relocate to Australia with my wife...Australian medical council exam is expensive I must say....my options are to push my wife to apply of skilled migrants visa..or my wife apply for PhD... my fear is ll I be able to any tangible job with spousal. visa pending the time I ll pass the licensing exam
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by royalfarms: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=oknee post=53081176]To God be the glory. Happy to announce visa grants for my family.

@ Oknee, Congratulations.

Please what mode did your job verification took, was it via phone call or through a mail? Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Happy to announce visa grants for my family.

Congratulations to you.

Xkoba:
...my options are to push my wife to apply of skilled migrants visa

Check her occupation on the list; if she qualifies for PR visa, push her well to apply for it. A PR visa is definitely better than a spousal visa- and IMO, easier to get if you qualify.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Xkoba: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
tanks bro...which one is IMO..her occupation is in Sol list..I ll consider ur advice

Check her occupation on the list; if she qualifies for PR visa, push her well to apply for it. A PR visa is definitely better than a spousal visa- and IMO, easier to get if you qualify.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
chidike:
Hey guys,

I haven't been here in a long time, been too depressed to check, I submitted my application to vetassess on 10 October 2016, and since then, it has been one request after the other, at a point I just said, whatever abeg, I no do again. There's nothing vetassess did not ask for.

I am happy to say that I got my positive outcome today, I am so excited. Can't wait to proceed with EOI.

By my calculations;

Age - 30 points
English - 20 points
Experience - 5 points
Education - 15 points
Total - 70 points

Thanks to everyone

Congrats Bro,Success All the Way.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Xkoba:
tanks bro...which one is IMO..her occupation is in Sol list..I ll consider ur advice

Check her occupation on the list; if she qualifies for PR visa, push her well to apply for it. A PR visa is definitely better than a spousal visa- and IMO, easier to get if you qualify.
IMO means In My Opinion...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Timeline

Congratulations Bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=royalfarms post=53091106][/quote]

Through mail. They went through our website and sent a mail to my top oga.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:

Through mail. They went through our website and sent a mail to my top oga.

Is it possible to control who they can direct such mail to. There are so many bureaucracy in my place of work and the people at the top does not even understand my job schedule and role.

The letter headed paper for my unit has the contact details of the head of my unit and phone number while my employment letter and promotion has that of admin people who might be mischievous atimes. Don't want anybody to throw sand sand into my garri ooo.

The emails are @ company's domain and not free emails.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello,

Well said. I'm in Melbourne if you wanna connect.
It's true that the Nigerian population here is low, but if you're eager to connect with Nigerians, then your best place is a nearby Nigerian church if you're a Christian (best choice is Redeem in Kensington) or Mosque if you're a Muslim. To the best of my knowledge, those are the best places to meet Nigerians here, lol.

For the CDR, I know a Mechanical Engineer with a CDR that has received positive outcome, I may connect you to him to make the request yourself. He's also in Melbourne. He's been on this forum in the past, but hasn't visited recently.

For Job, you just need to apply to as many as you can, and be patient. It'll eventually come within a month. I reckon few employers are a bit hesitant to recruit newcomers. You can also check the thread "Where are Nigerians in Australia", there's someone there who assisted another in getting an instant job in construction.
Regards.

4mula22:
Hello house

Writing a CDR for EA has proven to be more challenging than I thought it would be. Could anyone help me with a sample CDR? I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but a sample from any engineering discipline will be highly appreciated.

PS: I arrived Melbourne about a month ago and so far it has been good. Yet to get a job (casual, part time, or professional), but I'm working on it. Accommodation and transportation are relatively expensive. The weather is okay although it fluctuates a lot. Aussies hail from all over the world with the Brits and Asians dominating (relative population). I'm yet to discover a Nigerian network or community here (well, I'm indoors most times). So if you're in Melbourne or any other part of Australia, Holla @ me. I'll be happy to connect.

cc: Bellong, Bnimz, Mctowel, Ibiyemiara, Ifexsco

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please what kind of skill is closely related to philosophy that someone can nominate on csol I cannot think of any. I appreciate any help from the house please.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Is it possible to control who they can direct such mail to. There are so many bureaucracy in my place of work and the people at the top does not even understand my job schedule and role.
Don't want anybody to throw sand sand into my garri ooo.
The emails are @ company's domain and not free emails.

Seriously, is it possible to control who they contact? Particularly when the reference letter carries the name, emal and phone number of the contact person in HR.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
@oknee..Congratulations!!! Wish you guys all the best. Chai...i can't wait to share my own testimony too oo. Baba God oo.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aceBlazer: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2017
Bnimz:

Abeg, me sef no get title o.. I dey on a low key.

To buttress your point, na so o.. Many things can happen in 4 months.. See as Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering stroll enter pro-rata.. If assessment no get fast track, man for no stand chance for this program year anymore....

Just an example...

Also, ceiling can get filled... Occupation can vanish from SOL before the next program year... Many considerations bro.. Too many variables..

Pls can anyone throw more light on electronic and mechanical getting into the pro rata list. When did that one start abeg and what's the way around it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:39am On Jan 25, 2017
@Oknee,

Good to hear of the grant... May the land prosper you and yours.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:43am On Jan 25, 2017
Xkoba:
hello family.. im a medical doctor, I plan to relocate to Australia with my wife...

What is her occupation?

You can only practise medicine after being registered by AHPRA. Meaning, after the exam which I believe you know. However, you can get some other things to do while preparing for the exam.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:55am On Jan 25, 2017
aceBlazer:

Pls can anyone throw more light on electronic and mechanical getting into the pro rata list. When did that one start abeg and what's the way around it?
They're on pro rata because there is a higher number of EOIs, compared to the existing available occupations invite slots left. Hence, they're pro rata to increase the required points for such occupations. Way round it is to increase your points.. like 70 will be needed for mechanical and 65 for electronics to get a swift invite.
In all, the best move is to start early, so if they remain on the Sol, you will probably get an invite in the first round of July... If you delay, you ll end up continuing in the same cycle, albeit with stronger competition

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baresi22: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Congrats Chidike

Thank you,My degree is in Mechanical Engineering.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baresi22: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2017
iceberg54:

Of course you can go ahead to use the current result for EA. Yes some states don't require POF but you also have to check which states can sponsor your occupation. What branch of engineering is it?

I really appreciate.Mechanical Engineering is the branch.Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.