Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207080 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
40manlappy:
@chidike: Congrats! Please share the timeline of your assessment. Cheers

@teewhysafe: How long did your assessment take?

Applied for advisory August 17th, 2016
Advisory outcome: September 20th, 2016
Submitted assessment: 6th October 2016
Positive outcome ; 23 January 2017 (About 15 weeks)

I hope to give full timeline when all is in.

SegunWamiri:

Could this be applicable in a 190, 489 situation?

@ chidike
I'm really happy for you despite the many many requests. Do you mind sharing some if not all of the documents they kept requesting apart from the ones you initially submitted?
I submitted the following;

Transcripts (This was sent a week before I applied by DHL and was delivered) by the 8th week I had not heard from Vetassess, I called and they said they didn't have my transcript, I told them the receiver name, they finally checked and found it, this was the first delay.

Employment and promotion letters
payslips
statement of service

They got back to me by the 10th week and said they needed more evidence but were not specific, they said they needed more evidence for my employment and I asked them to be specific, they said I should send whatever I have and they will let me know if it is satisfactory, I was given till January 4th to provide the documents, I asked for more time and was given.

I submitted, Tax clearance, audited financial statements, letter from the professional body and my complimentary card. It wasn't easy, but I'm grateful to God oh.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
sunvick:
@alphadoor

Search this name on you-tube "Navjot brar". Watch her videos it wont regret it. Additionally search for e2language in you-tube as well.

Thanks boss. I have already done that. She was on spot with her explanations.

I hope two weeks is enough preparation for PTE-A, I plan to write first week in February @ Bellaz
Has anyone written at this center? Please any insights will be well appreciated
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for your responses @teewhysafe, chidike
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baresi22: 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hi gurus and everyone,

I decided few weeks ago to activate this route.

Age-30points(single but mumsi disturbing for marriage grin)

Work experience-less than 3- 0point

Education- 15points

My IELTS result is not more than two years and I scored at least 6.5 in each section.EA requires at least 6 in each section.I have a degree in Engineering and hope to complete my MSC soonest.I want to know if this result will affect me if I use it for EA while I wait to write another few months later to hit the jackpot of 8 across each band.Another,I want to know if there are some province that do not require POF in case one fails to hit at least 60points.My degree course is in SOL.

Thank you in advance,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
chidike:

Transcripts (This was sent a week before I applied by DHL and was delivered) by the 8th week I had not heard from Vetassess, I called and they said they didn't have my transcript, I told them the receiver name, they finally checked and found it, this was the first delay.

payslips
statement of service

They got back to me by the 10th week and said they needed more evidence but were not specific, they said they needed more evidence for my employment and I asked them to be specific, they said I should send whatever I have and they will let me know if it is satisfactory, I was given till January 4th to provide the documents, I asked for more time and was given.

I submitted, Tax clearance, audited financial statements, letter from the professional body and my complimentary card. It wasn't easy, but I'm grateful to God oh.

Weldone bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
I sight you @mamajaz, jamson. Greetings! smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
baresi22:
My degree course is in SOL.

...and every info you need is pretty much contained within this thread. All the best!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by keleto(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
Tito19:
Hello everyone and a big thank you to everyone that has been committed to this thread.

My husband wants to nominate Electrical Engineering Draftsman as advised. He's written IELTS but had 6.5 in 4 bands and 7.5 in speaking. He would re-write later but wants to start writing his CDR so he can start his skill assessment.

Pls a sample CDR would be highly appreciated, most of the samples we found online were for Electrical Engineering.

Thank you so much.

Exactly what I need too. Pls some one should kindly help out
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by moniyet: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Good evening everyone,

Alphadoor thanks for your help but please biko ejo I am still confused about the English test, your response says ielts general is okay and I know dipb is okay with general too but my assessment body CPA says they only take ielts and pte academic, please is there any accountant that has gotten a positive assessment with ielts general? Which assessing body did they use? Wouldn't want to waste money wey no dey to write another test,although I have registered but have a few days to pay so I need advice ASAP please.

Secondly, I have bsc accounting, MBA and 7 years working experience in a bank, my work duties had some accounting features, is there anyone that can advise whether I can get a positive assessment by claiming work experience please

Gurus please help, still reading the thread but I haven't gotten answers to these questions, can anyone help please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hi, Ietls general is acceptable to DIPB but not to CPA, You need to have a 7 in each area, academic version.

On your job duties, well it depends on if you have a reference from your employer that your job duties are similar to that of an accountant as stated below, then you are good to go.

Tasks Include:
assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
examining operating costs and organisations' income and expenditure
providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
preparing taxation returns for individuals and organisations
liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
introducing and maintaining accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
maintaining internal control systems
may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects

http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Accountant-General/221111.htm

moniyet:
Good evening everyone,

Alphadoor thanks for your help but please biko ejo I am still confused about the English test, your response says ielts general is okay and I know dipb is okay with general too but my assessment body CPA says they only take ielts and pte academic, please is there any accountant that has gotten a positive assessment with ielts general? Which assessing body did they use? Wouldn't want to waste money wey no dey to write another test,although I have registered but have a few days to pay so I need advice ASAP please.

Secondly, I have bsc accounting, MBA and 7 years working experience in a bank, my work duties had some accounting features, is there anyone that can advise whether I can get a positive assessment by claiming work experience please

Gurus please help, still reading the thread but I haven't gotten answers to these questions, can anyone help please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Congrats Chidike

chidike:

payslips
statement of service

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
baresi22:
Hi gurus and everyone,

EA requires at least 6 in each section.I have a degree in Engineering least 60points.My degree course is in SOL.

Thank you in advance,
What branch of engineering?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
@ Chidike

Thanks for sharing. Please what is your nominated occupation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by moniyet: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Thanks a lot sis. Guess I have to write another ielts. I appreciate your help.

Bimpsy99:
Hi, Ietls general is acceptable to DIPB but not to CPA, You need to have a 7 in each area, academic version.

On your job duties, well it depends on if you have a reference from your employer that your job duties are similar to that of an accountant as stated below, then you are good to go.

Tasks Include:
assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
examining operating costs and organisations' income and expenditure
providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
preparing taxation returns for individuals and organisations
liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
introducing and maintaining accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
maintaining internal control systems
may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects

http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Accountant-General/221111.htm

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Before you make up your mind to write another ietls please ask yourself the following questions

Does your work experience match those that I earlier listed?

Do your undergraduate courses (Bsc) meet with the required competency. You can tell from your transcript if you did any of these courses in school. https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment/criteria-and-requirements ?

If it does, then how many years experience can you claim out of 7 years as relevant for accounting? Note that your MBA does not add any particular point.

After answering these questions, play with the point calculator https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-migration-points-test.php to know where you stand and if you need to gun for 20 points (8 in each or 79 for PTE)

My advice is if after 20 points in english per your calculator above, you still have below 70, you should be ready to wait for a while to get an ITA as the Accounting profession is too competitive.

To have a better chance have a 70 point with the class 189 visa so that even if you go for class 190 with NSW, you know u have 75 points and you are well positioned.

All the best

Calculate your points
moniyet:
Thanks a lot sis. Guess I have to write another ielts. I appreciate your help.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
baresi22:

My IELTS result is not more than two years and I scored at least 6.5 in each section.EA requires at least 6 in each section.I have a degree in Engineering and hope to complete my MSC soonest.I want to know if this result will affect me if I use it for EA while I wait to write another few months later to hit the jackpot of 8 across each band.Another,I want to know if there are some province that do not require POF in case one fails to hit at least 60points.My degree course is in SOL.

Of course you can go ahead to use the current result for EA. Yes some states don't require POF but you also have to check which states can sponsor your occupation. What branch of engineering is it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Hello house

Writing a CDR for EA has proven to be more challenging than I thought it would be. Could anyone help me with a sample CDR? I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but a sample from any engineering discipline will be highly appreciated.

PS: I arrived Melbourne about a month ago and so far it has been good. Yet to get a job (casual, part time, or professional), but I'm working on it. Accommodation and transportation are relatively expensive. The weather is okay although it fluctuates a lot. Aussies hail from all over the world with the Brits and Asians dominating (relative population). I'm yet to discover a Nigerian network or community here (well, I'm indoors most times). So if you're in Melbourne or any other part of Australia, Holla @ me. I'll be happy to connect.

cc: Bellong, Bnimz, Mctowel, Ibiyemiara, Ifexsco

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugsams(m): 2:46am On Jan 24, 2017
Bnimz:
Yes o.. Jamson na good example.. He didnt claim his work experience... also 65 points without it...

If one doesn't claim his work experience during EOI by indicating irrelevant experience, won't that raise a red flag on how the person got a positive assessment in the first place and that might make them to consider your information as false for not declaring the right status of your experience. Maybe it could work for Engineers who assess through EA as they don't always need relevant work experience unlike VETASSESS which requires at least one year relevant experience.

cc bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:35am On Jan 24, 2017
ugsams:
If one doesn't claim his work experience during EOI by indicating irrelevant experience, won't that raise a red flag on how the person got a positive assessment in the first place
Ah, well, in that case...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 6:08am On Jan 24, 2017
ugsams:

If one doesn't claim his work experience during EOI by indicating irrelevant experience, won't that raise a red flag on how the person got a positive assessment in the first place and that might make them to consider your information as false for not declaring the right status of your experience. Maybe it could work for Engineers who assess through EA as they don't always need relevant work experience unlike VETASSESS which requires at least one year relevant experience.

Hmmm...good point
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 8:43am On Jan 24, 2017
ugsams:

cc bellong

Not a problem really. 1 or 2 years experience will not give you any point in addition to what you have already, I think the way around this is to indicate less than 3 years as relevant and leave the rest as 'on the job training years'. I am not sure they will go all the way flogging your 1 or 2 years experience that never added to your points in the first place.

Just an idea.

Congrats, chidike

40manlappy, how far with madam? when is she taking PTE again? Make she quick scatter the thing as e still dey hot for body ooo

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 8:54am On Jan 24, 2017
chidike:
Hey guys,

I haven't been here in a long time, been too depressed to check, I submitted my application to vetassess on 10 October 2016, and since then, it has been one request after the other

Thanks to everyone

Congratulations, may God see you through the rest
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2017
4mula22:
Hello house

Could anyone help me with a sample CDR? I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but a sample from any engineering discipline will be highly appreciated.

cc: Bellong, Bnimz, Mctowel, Ibiyemiara, Ifexsco

send me a PM pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2017
To God be the glory. Happy to announce visa grants for my family.
Timeline
March 2015: exam in kenya(professional exam)
March 2016: repeat exam in dubai
Pte exam: june 2015
Invitation: 14th sept
Application: 30th sept
CO contact: 5th dec
Job verification: 5th jan
Responce from office: 13th jan
Visa grant(189)brisbane team: 24,th jan

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this success story. Bellong, i appreciate you.

16 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Visa grant(189)brisbane team: 27th jan
Congratulations bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:

Congrats!! 27th Jan?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Congratulations!!!

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this success story. Bellong, i appreciate you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugsams(m): 10:18am On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Timeline

Congratulations bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 10:23am On Jan 24, 2017
jamson:

40manlappy, how far with madam? when is she taking PTE again? Make she quick scatter the thing as e still dey hot for body ooo

cheesy grin

Thanks for your concern boss. PTE is currently on a "pause mode" but it is still on the cards...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2017
oknee:
Timeline

Congratulations, Oknee.
Safe flight.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2017
jamson:

Congrats!! 27th Jan?
Mistake, 24th. See wetin excitement de cause

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2017
I sent you a mail please. Kindly reply. Thanks

cuteannie02:

Congratulations, may God see you through the rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.