Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206991 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:18am On Feb 13, 2017
^^^sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oyaniiluogo: 12:47am On Feb 13, 2017
seggzzy:
Pls house I need materials to prepare for IELTS kind help me out. Also I want to know my likely maximum points with these pieces of information about me
1) Age= 38yrs by Oct 2016
2) Qualifications= B.Eng in Elect/Elect Engrn
3) experience= 4yrs as Utility operator ( such as boiler, air compressor chiller) and not as Electrical Engineer
4) Married

Go to internetarchive.org and search with IELTS. Materials on it are of immense help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Declan16: 3:20am On Feb 13, 2017
bellong:

Between #330 - #338/$AUD depending on the transfer platform you use

Hello @bellong, please which transfer platforms offer these exchange rates you mentioned? I only know of WorldRemit, MoneyGram and WesternUnion and their exchange rates are between 280-282 NGN to 1 AUD. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:47am On Feb 13, 2017
Declan16:

Hello @bellong, please which transfer platforms offer these exchange rates you mentioned? I only know of WorldRemit, MoneyGram and WesternUnion and their exchange rates are between 280-282 NGN to 1 AUD. Thanks.

Exchange4free (offers cash bonus which brings it down to that price)

Cash Remit

GDM transfer.

The platforms you listed above are obsolete.

With GDM transfer, you get the money in your account within 30mins or less.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:50am On Feb 13, 2017
Bnimz:
Send pm
Thanks, seen it. You're resourceful, stay blessed!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Declan16: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2017
bellong:

Exchange4free (offers cash bonus which brings it down to that price)

Cash Remit

GDM transfer.

The platforms you listed above are obsolete.

With GDM transfer, you get the money in your account within 30mins or less.

Thank you very much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2017
bbidakin:
what marital status do l declare
Either you marry before submitting application, or you apply for spouse visa later... you cant be single and say you're married... and the engaged / de-facto relationship thing is really complicated, Case officers will keep disturbing you to provide proof upon proof
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2017
Declan16:

Thank you very much.
Please can I transfer money from naija to Oz through world remit, GDM transfer because western union and money gram is under CBN restriction for now
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2017
Declan16:

Thank you very much.
Please can I transfer money from naija to Oz through world remit, GDM transfer because CBN restricted Banks from doing WesternUnion and MoneyGram for now.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Declan16: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
nkechima:

Please can I transfer money from naija to Oz through world remit, GDM transfer because CBN restricted Banks from doing WesternUnion and MoneyGram for now.

I am not sure if you can transfer money from Nigeria to Australia through World Remit and GDM. Ideally, you should but with the CBN restrictions, I don't know if it's still possible.

Please, anyone on this thread that has successfully transferred money from Nigeria to an Australian bank account using one of these two platforms should let us know if its possible.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by seggzzy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
Am very grateful @bnimz but I still want to know how my skill assessment will be more especially when my current skills do not directly match match my qualification. Or is it qualifications assessment that matters? Pls house ur advice is needed.
Bnimz:

1) Age= 38yrs by Oct 2016 - 25 points
2) Qualifications= B.Eng in Elect/Elect Engrn - 15 points

Potential 20 from English

Max = 65. if your partner's profession is on the SOL
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by seggzzy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
You guys are good. @oyaniiluogo a very big thumbs up. TX

Go to internetarchive.org and search with IELTS. Materials on it are of immense help[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
seggzzy:
Am very grateful @bnimz but I still want to know how my skill assessment will be more especially when my current skills do not directly match match my qualification. Or is it qualifications assessment that matters? Pls house ur advice is needed.
You might have noticed I left out your experience in the calculation cos it doesnt match the qualification...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hmmmmmm. People that have used these mothed successfully should indicate ooh abeg I no do shakara... In fact I am on my bended knees....
Declan16:

I am not sure if you can transfer money from Nigeria to Australia through World Remit and GDM. Ideally, you should but with the CBN restrictions, I don't know if it's still possible.

Please, anyone on this thread that has successfully transferred money from Nigeria to an Australian bank account using one of these two platforms should let us know if its possible.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pekadust: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
please help acs messed me up deducted 7 years from my 10 year experience ,....i want to use tra please can anyone help me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pekadust: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
im not doing shakara o....pls i need help so i can submit an eoi...i dont want to flunk this again
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pekadust:
please help acs messed me up deducted 7 years from my 10 year experience ,....i want to use tra please can anyone help me
Why not lay bare your profile so we can advise accordingly. I have a feeling you might just be ok with your 5 points from work expy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeolabilkis002: 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello awesome people.Thanks and God bless all contributors.
I'm a single mother of three who needs continuous guide on this Aussie hustle.
The only thing I think I can do on my own is preparing for the exam cos b4 and after sch I haven't really work anywhere except doing biz here and there.The last place I worked was in a private pry sch.
Bottom line is I don't think I have much to help me except that I have someone that can finance my all process
Pls bellong and other can I get your email or phone no to be calling from time to time.mine is adeolabilkis002@gmail.com
I have HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM YABATECH and can't write codes successfully.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please help, i have bsc and msc in zoology. But my working experience is in the banking industry. Under which section should i apply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 2:10am On Feb 14, 2017
bbidakin:
Hi all! I need advise from gurus in the house. Am trying to consider my option.

I plan to submit my application in dec 2017 because i am presently trying to finish qualifying exams for a particular skills requirementand l trust God to get married last quater in 2018. By Gods grace ,l am hopeful to travel by May 2018. My question is ..what marital status do l declare given that l plan to go with my babe/come back same year to pick my her.

Marital status should be single since u will still be single at the time of application.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:55am On Feb 14, 2017
seggzzy:
Pls house I need materials to prepare for IELTS kind help me out. Also I want to know my likely maximum points with these pieces of information about me
1) Age= 38yrs by Oct 2016
2) Qualifications= B.Eng in Elect/Elect Engrn
3) experience= 4yrs as Utility operator ( such as boiler, air compressor chiller) and not as Electrical Engineer
4) Married

You can download my own IELTS library which I have used over the years from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BQ_eqt9kDvN2k2ajdxT2dBa0E/view?usp=sharing

A site that I highly recommend for getting tips on blasting your IELTS test is http://ielts-simon.com

All the best wink

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by seggzzy(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks @Bellong & vinsmuft for your guidance.
Though I have taken time to read from the beginning of this page I still want answers to these questions:
1) Is POF compulsory because I saw a huge amount of money in the thread? Can it be borrow or lease?
2)I learnt from jukeblam that he didn't use work exp but still did skill assessments, why and how?
3) pls can someone help me with CDR for Elect/elect engr, though am not planning to use my work exp for point as bellong has advised me( cos my qualification does not match my work exp)
Thanks in anticipation for ur response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:26am On Feb 14, 2017
@Seggzzy,

1. POF is not a requirement for subclass 189. Only Northern territory and Tasmania I guess require POF as a condition for their nomination.

2. You should read the thread well. It will answer your how and why. The MSA guidelines also have solution to your question.

3. Bnimz, please help him with this request.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by damoche64: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2017
To the gurus in d house, I need help to decide best possible way to achieve maximum point. Am about finishing my career episode 4 EA assessment. This is my profile:
Age - 32/ 33 by April
Qualification - HND 2007, PGD 13, MSc 14.
Experience- 7+ as a Technologist
Ielts/pte- To try again 4 points

Note if I get positive assessment as technologist, I will need minimum of 65points & assessment as professional engineer 60point will be fine 4 my occupation for now.
Advice pls.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2017
I appreciate everyone that has made this forum very informative. Please I am in the process of gathering my documents for assessment as a valuer with vetassess. Should I use estate surveyor and valuer which is what we are called in Nigeria as the job title or estate valuer as the job title in my reference letter? Please anyone who has gone through this assessment as a valuer should please let me know the job title he or she used.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bnimz:
Either you marry before submitting application, or you apply for spouse visa later... you cant be single and say you're married... and the engaged / de-facto relationship thing is really complicated, Case officers will keep disturbing you to provide proof upon proof
@bbidakin, you may wanna go registry & assess the lucky woman to gather more points provided her skill is on Sol.
By so doing, you may get 70.
cc
Mctowel & Bnimz, also others that are still putting marriage on Naijas economic weighing scale, please consider my advice.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeolabilkis002: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pls house what does state sponsorship means.Is it that the state will help me during the process or while one is there.
Can I skip work experience since I didn't really work for anyone except teaching during nysc and taught in a pray sch for two yrs.Or can I arrange for employment ref from friends company or school.
If I pick an occupation that I feel I can do,will I defend it.
Is it possible to skip the work experience thing
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeolabilkis002: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
The occupation thing seems to be the only thing giving me setback now
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
PTE Results
Reading: 81
Speaking: 65
Writing: 90
Listening: 80

Please who has any idea on how one can successfully scale through the speaking section. I thought I did everything well. I am neither giving excuses or avoiding responsibility in anyway. The lowest marks I had were in pronunciation and vocabulary. Will TOEFL and IELTS be better?

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.