Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204698 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
badenugba:

Hello,
I just know about this 476 visa , can u please do a break down of how u were able to be successful with the Application.
Steps after writing ielts.
Thanks ...

To simplify what HSIM has said, and made add a little:

After getting the right IELTS SCORE (at least 6.0), you need to meet all the criteria summarised below,
1. You're younger than 31yrs old as at the time of application
2. You're a recent (within the last 2yrs) ENGINEERING graduate.
3. Your degree was obtained from a recognised university (Australian, Washington Accord, Sydney Accord). If you graduated from UK or Australian University, you're likely to meet this criterion.

To ensure you receive a grant;

1. You need to submit an online application to be considered. This is only certain once you've paid the application fee.
2. You need to upload all required documents, viz
* scanned copies of;
I. evidence of degree qualification (certificate and/or transcript)
II. Evidence of age (birth certificate or affidavit)
III. Valid Identification (Passport and/or Drivers Licence)
IV. Valid Travel document (Passport )
V. Recent passport photo (must meet the stated size or dimension 45H x 35W)
VI. Completed "FORM 80" (This is a duplicate of the online form you've already filled. So, you must save or print out a copy of your online application and use same to fill your form 80 to avoid contradictions.
VII. Medical Clearance (You can only be able to upload your polio vaccination certificate. Your completed medical statement will be uploaded directly to your file by àny of the assigned panel physicians you choose to use. You can only do your medical clearance at selected medical centres which are listed on the application website. You're, however, required to complete an online self-medical assessment)
VIII. Evidence of Good Character (Police Character Certificate from all countries you've lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10yrs. This too can only be gotten from selected Police offices in the country)
IX. Evidence of English Competency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)
X. Proof of Address (bank statement, utility bills, etc)

You don't have to upload all these at the point of submission of application. You have time to do this after you've submitted your application, but the earlier the better.

A case officer will be assigned to you possibly within 2 months from the date of submission of your application. Your case officer may contact you about the status of or decision on your visa application if you've provided all the required evidence. He may also contact you to request for additional documents or evidence if you're yet to submit them.

If you meet all the requirements and have provided all the proofs, you'll definitely be granted the Visa. It takes between 1 to 6 months to know the outcome of your application. No proof of fund is required for this visa. I hope I have been able to help. Others can enlighten you more in areas that I've not been detailed enough.

Best wishes.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Hello,

The graduate applications are mainly advertised between February and May. Usually, offers are made by July/August or September latest. And new recruits resume work by January or February the following year. This is just the standard procedure. There are, however, other recruitment that don't follow this pattern. So, you can find recruitment opportunities all year round, but these are only few. The bulk of the graduate recruitments are done as explained above.

As for city, it's relative to your discipline. But as a general comment, your city of residence doesn't really matter for as long as you're in Australia and can travel to attend interviews or Assessment Centres. But if I must say, then, I read Perth and Melbourne are good destinations for Engineering. Brisbane and Sydney can follow. Each of these cities have their pros and cons, you just have to research about them and decide.
Thanks for this. Please which cities are profiting for nurses?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
mamajaz:

Hello,

I'm not in Australia, and so I can't provide verified info on ur query. I can only speak on Engineering because I have researched on that since that's my area of interst.

However, as a general contribution to your inquiry, Nursing is in high demand globally. So, I'll say that if you're registered and have received a positive skill assessment from the appropriate accrediting authority, then any of the major cities in Australia will readily welcome your services. I said big cities because I believe that medical or health care services are demanded more in big cities due to the high population in the area. However, even smaller cities can still favour your profession. Nursing seems to be a lucrative profession.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by silentdude(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

After getting the right IELTS SCORE (at least 6.0), you need to meet all the criteria summarised above by HSIM. For emphasis,
1. You're 31yrs old or younger as at the time of application
3. Your degree was obtained from a recognised university (Australian, Washington Accord, Sydney Accord). If you graduated from a UK or Australian University, you're likely to meet this criteria.

Those are the minimum. So, for your question, to be successful;

1. You need to submit an online application to be considered. This is only certain once you've paid the application fee.
* scanned copies of
i. evidence of degree qualification (certificate and/or transcript)
II. Evidence of age (birth certificate or affodavit)
Iii. Valid Identification (International Passport and/or Drivers Licence)
iv. Valid Travel document (International Passport )
V. Recent passport photo (must meet the stated size or dimension)
Vi. Completed "FORM 80" (This is a duplicate of the online form you've already filled. So, you must save or print out a copy of your online application and use same to fill your form 80 to avoid contradictions.
Vii. Medical Clearance (You can only be able to upload your polio vaccination certificate. Your complete medical statement will be uploaded directly to your file by àny of the assigned clinics you choose to use. You can only do your medical clearance at selected medical centres which are listed on the application website. You're, however, required to complete an online self medical assessment)
Viii. Evidence of Good Character (Police Character Certificate from all countries you've lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10yrs. This too can only be gotten from selected Police offices in the country)

You don't have to upload all these at the point of submission of application. You have time to do this after you've submitted your application, but the earlier the better.

A case officer will be assigned to you about 2 months from the date of submission of your application. Your case officer may contact you about the status of or decision on your visa application if you've provided all the required evidence. He may also contact you to request for additional documents or evidence if you're yet to submit them.

If you meet all the requirements and have provided all the proofs, you'll definitely be granted the Visa. It takes between between 2 to 6 months to know the outcome of your application. Surprisingly, no proof of fund is required for this visa. I hope I have been able to help. Others can enlighten you more in areas that I've not been detailed.

Best wishes.

If you one bags a degree from a university here in Nigeria, so does it automatically rules out the chances of one getting this visa. Thanks in advance as I wait for ur reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
mamajaz:

All the cities are profitable for nurses, medical professionals generally. You earn more if you are in regional area practising.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
silentdude:

If you one bags a degree from a university here in Nigeria, so does it automatically rules out the chances of one getting this visa. Thanks in advance as I wait for ur reply

It was clearly explained, Yes it rules you out.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
bellong:

All the cities are profitable for nurses, medical professionals generally. You earn more if you are in regional area practising.
Thanks chief, it's been a long time sir.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Hello,

I'm not in Australia, and so I can't provide verified info on ur query. I can only speak on Engineering because I have researched on that since that's my area of interstate.

However, as a general contribution to your inquiry, Nursing is in high demand globally. So, I'll say that if you're registered and have received a positive skill assessment from the appropriate accrediting authority, then any of the major cities in Australia will readily welcome your services. I said big cities because I believe that medical or health care services are demanded more in big cities due to the high population in the area. However, even smaller cities can still favour your profession. Nursing seems to be a lucrative profession.
OK, oga wind

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 1:39am On Jun 25, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

After getting the right IELTS SCORE (at least 6.0), you need to meet all the criteria summarised above by HSIM. For emphasis,
1. You're 31yrs old or younger as at the time of application
3. Your degree was obtained from a recognised university (Australian, Washington Accord, Sydney Accord). If you graduated from a UK or Australian University, you're likely to meet this criteria.

Those are the minimum. So, for your question, to be successful;

* scanned copies of
i. evidence of degree qualification (certificate and/or transcript)
II. Evidence of age (birth certificate or affodavit)
Iii. Valid Identification (International Passport and/or Drivers Licence)
iv. Valid Travel document (International Passport )
V. Recent passport photo (must meet the stated size or dimension)
Vi. Completed "FORM 80" (This is a duplicate of the online form you've already filled. So, you must save or print out a copy of your online application and use same to fill your form 80 to avoid contradictions.
Vii. Medical Clearance (You can only be able to upload your polio vaccination certificate. Your complete medical statement will be uploaded directly to your file by àny of the assigned clinics you choose to use. You can only do your medical clearance at selected medical centres which are listed on the application website. You're, however, required to complete an online self medical assessment)
Viii. Evidence of Good Character (Police Character Certificate from all countries you've lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10yrs. This too can only be gotten from selected Police offices in the country)

A case officer will be assigned to you about 2 months from the date of submission of your application. Your case officer may contact you about the status of or decision on your visa application if you've provided all the required evidence. He may also contact you to request for additional documents or evidence if you're yet to submit them.

If you meet all the requirements and have provided all the proofs, you'll definitely be granted the Visa. It takes between between 2 to 6 months to know the outcome of your application. Surprisingly, no proof of fund is required for this visa. I hope I have been able to help. Others can enlighten you more in areas that I've not been detailed.

Best wishes.
God bless you so so much,
I am under 31 and just graduating from University of Portsmouth, BEng Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering....
I feel very happy that a course have spent alot my income on is providing a way out for me.
Pls can they denied the visa , all documents are genuine and true.
Because it seems very straight and simple
Before I start to deh over happy ......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:02am On Jun 25, 2016
badenugba:
God bless you so so much,
I am under 31 and just graduating from University of Portsmouth, BEng Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering....
I feel very happy that a course have spent alot my income on is providing a way out for me.
Pls can they denied the visa , all documents are genuine and true.
Because it seems very straight and simple
Before I start to deh over happy ......

I answered that already in my last post; if you submit your application and upload all required documents as proof, and all the information you've provided are verified to be true, then you'll definitely be granted the visa. In fact, it's clearly stated on the website that in the case your application is refused, you'll be notified with reasons, and u still stand a chance to appeal and your application will be reviewed. It's very unlikely to be refused this visa for as much as you meet all the requirements.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:06am On Jun 25, 2016
bellong:

It was clearly explained, Yes it rules you out.

Though no one has done it, and it wasn't also mentioned on the website; can't someone from "non-recognised universities" apply for Education Qualification Assessment, and once a positive assessment is received, use same for this purpose? My thoughts... A lot of friends from Naija Unis have been asking same.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Though no one has done it, and it wasn't also mentioned on the website; can't someone from "non-recognised universities" apply for Education Qualification Assessment, and once a positive assessment is received, use same for this purpose? My thoughts... A lot of friends from Naija Unis have been asking same.

Rather than stress with 476, they can do skilled migration. For engineering graduates, assessment seems to be easier compared to other professionals because you can write CDR based on university project.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

I answered that already in my last post; if you submit your application and upload all required documents as proof, and all the information you've provided are verified to be true, then you'll definitely be granted the visa. In fact, it's clearly stated on the website that in the case your application is refused, you'll be notified with reasons, and u still stand a chance to appeal and your application will be reviewed. It's very unlikely to be refused this visa for as much as you meet all the requirements.
Thanks bro, u have boosted my morale to 99%.
Make I fire down........AU let's go there

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
bellong:

Rather than stress with 476, they can do skilled migration. For engineering graduates, assessment seems to be easier compared to other professionals because you can write CDR based on university project.
Abeg , wentin be CDR,
I think I need a refresher training
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello, just a quick thought.
So if someone assesses with EA and the outcome is positive, does that person automatically become a member of EA? or still has to register and screen with them?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
jayooh:
Hello, just a quick thought.
So if someone assesses with EA and the outcome is positive, does that person automatically become a member of EA? or still has to register and screen with them?

No.
There are two types of EA assessments; Stage 1 Assessment is required to apply for EA membership. While Migration Skills Assessment is required for migration purposes.
So, yeah, it's not automatic. You'll have to submit a membership application even if you do any of the EA assessments. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Egbabiekperemo: 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
is there anybody looking for a single room in sydney? send me a pm if u r interested.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
badenugba:

Abeg , wentin be CDR,
I think I need a refresher training

Competency Demonstration Report.. it is what you have to write to proof to Engineers Australia that you are a competent engineer in your chosen field.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
bellong:

Competency Demonstration Report.. it is what you have to write to proof to Engineers Australia that you are a competent engineer in your chosen field.
Thanks , you are all wonderful people here
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good afternoon house,
Please which one of these 2 EA assessments is necessary for visa class 189:
MSA Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)
Or
MSA Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) + Relevant Work Experience Assessment?

Thank you,
Yemi
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by silentdude(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello house!!
Can anybody, please help with a complete break down of how to start the "skilled migration" application process, here in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
silentdude:
Hello house!!
Can anybody, please help with a complete break down of how to start the "skilled migration" application process, here in Nigeria. Thanks
You will be much informed if you start reading from page 1 of this thread
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please can I have an answer to my request.
God bless you all
Ibiyemiara:
Good afternoon house,
Please which one of these 2 EA assessments is necessary for visa class 189:
MSA Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)
Or
MSA Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) + Relevant Work Experience Assessment?

Thank you,
Yemi
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ibiyemiara:
Please can I have an answer to my request.
God bless you all

I guess the second one if you have work experience you want to claim.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by beautysky: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Hi everyone and the maverick Mr Bellong. I'm new to this forum and thanks for the support you are all giving. Please I have a question to ask.
I have 5 years work experience post bachelors but in between the 5 years, I have an 18 months masters degree. However, my work was retained during the period. How do you think Vetassess would literally view my work experience? 5 years or 3.5 years? Response would be appreciated please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:37am On Jun 28, 2016
^^^^ What did you study and where?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 2:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Thank you bellong
bellong:

I guess the second one if you have work experience you want to claim.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chymadi: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hello Engineers in the house!
For the Career episodes, I understand that the total word limit is between 1000 - 2500, but the word limits for the sub sections states Introduction - approx 100 words; Background (200 - 500) words; Personal Eng. Activity (500 - 1000 words); Summary (50 - 100) words.
I have exceeded the word limit for Personal Eng. Activity, but have a total of 1950 words still below the total word limit being 2500 words. I would like to confirm if this is going to be an issue, because adding up the the sub-section's max. word limit, it shows max. of 1700 words, which did not sum up to the 2500 total max. word limit.

Please I need your advice on this.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by beautysky: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
bellong:
^^^^ What did you study and where?

cheesy Mr Belong, thanks for the apt response. My degrees are Nigeria obtained. I studied adult education for my first degree and I intend to assess as a welfare centre manager cos that's quite related my exact line of profession. I have studied the Vetassess requirements and I think I have some chances with the b.ed alone cos I undertook a handful of courses in the welfare practices. However, my masters is in Community development and it's plainly welfare specific with the exception of few education courses. So I was thinking, it could make more sense if I incorporate my masters degree for an additional edge provided, Vetassess is feet dragging with my undergraduate degree, but I'm quite mindful of the possible negative implication of showing off my second degree. Hence, why I ask. Thanks a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
@beautysky,

Which university did you get the bachelors degree from?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by beautysky: 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
bellong:
@beautysky,

Which university did you get the bachelors degree from?

University of Ibadan, Please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
beautysky:

University of Ibadan, Please.

You can submit your BSc degree alone since you have substantial academic courses on welfare program.
BSc and MSc are both 15points. UI is one of the schools VETASSES asseses the qualification to be equivalent of Australia bachelor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.