Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,454 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205302 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 3:32am On Jun 11, 2016
humanshado:

Hey malkinburg. I'm interested in the 6months course in Perth. Could you tell me the name of the institution/organisation and possibly their website to check out the details. Thlanks.

The course is advanced diploma in process plant technology offered by tafe international western Australia.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 3:50am On Jun 11, 2016
sammywemmy:
@malkinburg, thanks for the response. Pls tell me more about ur masters programme (surprised it is a yrs program),& also d 6 months program. I submitted my EA CDR June 1, I am expecting d response next week. Fast track. Thanks.

I am sure you will get a response this week with EA. If you have your 60points on lockdown you will indeed get your invite for 189 by June22. You can also apply for NSW (190) sponsorship with swift chances of getting selected. Make sure not to use one EOI for both because you don't know which one will come first. I used seperate EOI's and got both invitations 189 & 190. I'm running with 189 though. Asper my masters I did it in Griffith uni in queensland. Its quite flexible there and you can apply for credits for prior learning so u get advanced standing and shorten your masters from 2yrs to 1.5yrs or if you are doing the 1.5yr option you can shorten to 1yr. However u won't be elligible for post work study if you pull this stunt. Therefore the only alternative is to get the 8points with the ielts and skip the postworkstudy to PR straight, which is what I did.
If you come via PR, in my opinion, it will be useless to do a masters. You should only consider it if you get a job. Then you can run it part time. You should instead focus on getting Australian experience through internships or industry placements. No one here really cares about your grades or number of degrees but your experience.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Palla: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2016
malkinburg:

It will be easier to use the engineer route. I also have chemical engineering for undergrad and 10 plus experience in other roles. I did my assessment and got positive assesment as a chemical engineer despite this. I guess it depends on the quality of your CDR. Another advantage is the occupation ceiling never fills up so getting an invite is sharp sharp. I got invited with 60points just after one day of expressing my eoi. IT is too competitive
please reply to my mail thx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
tunai:
Oga Bellong and Omogeng, please help with answers:

1. What are the consequences of going for a job in other state despite been nominated by a seperate state.

No consequencies. It is a moral obligation, not a legal or a visa restriction. But you should try your best before jumping states. They will actually release you if you show you tried to get a job.

2. Is it true that the government gives some money to PR holders, if true, how much is it?

Yes the govt does You get the Family Tax Benefit A and B, Rent Assistance, Energy Assistance etc. It can be up to 700 dollars per fortnight for a family with 2 dependent kids. But it depends on your income and family circumstances.You also get Childcare Benefit and Childcare Rebate...but that is only if you kid goes to daycare and it is paid directly to the childcare centre. Other payments are after residing for 2yrs...but there is something called a Special Benefit payment that is given to new migrants faced with severe financial hardship, but haven't been here for 2yrs.

3. is it advisable to move with my family at ones or i should get in first

Move at once. Get it over with. Even if you don't get a job quickly, the govt benefits can sustain you. But remember, you only get the benefits if your kids are in Australia already.

4. What are the ways i can get a job in SA from Naija, my ANZCO is Transport company manager

I don't know about this.

Thanks grin.

quote author=OmogeNG post=46402714]

Unemployment is very high in SA.The highest in Australia. But you can ask for a release letter if you have been unable to secure a job - usually 6mths.

Answers below the questions.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
So one person can fill 2 heterogeneous EOIs?
[.quote author=malkinburg post=46465165]

I am sure you will get a response this week with EA. If you have your 60points on lockdown you will indeed get your invite for 189 by June22. You can also apply for NSW (190) sponsorship with swift chances of getting selected. Make sure not to use one EOI for both because you don't know which one will come first. I used seperate EOI's and got both invitations 189 & 190. I'm running with 189 though. Asper my masters I did it in Griffith uni in queensland. Its quite flexible there and you can apply for credits for prior learning so u get advanced standing and shorten your masters from 2yrs to 1.5yrs or if you are doing the 1.5yr option you can shorten to 1yr. However u won't be elligible for post work study if you pull this stunt. Therefore the only alternative is to get the 8points with the ielts and skip the postworkstudy to PR straight, which is what I did.
If you come via PR, in my opinion, it will be useless to do a masters. You should only consider it if you get a job. Then you can run it part time. You should instead focus on getting Australian experience through internships or industry placements. No one here really cares about your grades or number of degrees but your experience.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
jayooh:
So one person can fill 2 heterogeneous EOIs?
[.quote author=malkinburg post=46465165]

If you come via PR, in my opinion, it will be useless to do a masters. You should only consider it if you get a job. Then you can run it part time. You should instead focus on getting Australian experience through internships or industry placements. No one here really cares about your grades or number of degrees but your experience.

Yes. I'm not the first and won't be the last.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by virtual3xpert: 3:49am On Jun 13, 2016
jukeblam:

Scanned transcript is what you need, actually. You upload it to the EA portal by yourself.

Please may I know how you got your transcript. I really need some help concerning this. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nisi(m): 6:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Thanks a lot bro.
bellong:
@Nisi,

The evidence should be in writing. What they mean by not lifting website is that some just quite from webpage verbatim. Put it in your words, add that enquiries from friends encouraged you.

You can talk about the weather, it is a tropical area, you can say it is similar to what is obtainable in your country and with this, you wouldn't have issues with serious cold during winter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinyinola: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello House. I really appreciate the wealth of information here. Just a few clarifications before I go ahead with EOI.

I am an accounting graduated, ACCA certified with about 9years work experience and below 30yrs. I understand from this thread that accounting is one of the occupations that fills up fast and has yearly quota. Please what is the best way/best chances to go about applying under 189, should I wait for 2016/2017 quota, not sure how fast this gets filled up though, would appreciate your advise. On the flip side, should I just stick to 190? If it is advisable to go 190 route which provinces/states are best please?

I am about to register for English test and get my qualifications assessed. I will like to seek advise from accountants in the house to know which of the 3 accounting assessment bodies is fastest/favourable - (CPA/CA/IPA)? Also considering that all the bodies require English test(academic for ielts) which of the English language tests is advisable, I am ABJ based.

Looking forward to your advise. Thanks and God bless.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Femeto: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is the PTE A exam now #45,000.Can anyone confirm? Still asked last week and I was told #38,000
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Spiritualgal: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
@ Bellong, Tnx for your response. I 'll run with the PTE study materials posted here. Really appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Spiritualgal: 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
@ yinyinola, The gurus will soon come n ansa you.

i'm also an accounting graduate and ACCA qualified. I'm still studying for the English exam and intend applying under 189. We can work in tandem as we r in d field. As per ur question on the assessing body, I really don't know which is the fastest in d 3 but I intend using CPA.

[quote author=yinyinola post=46539052]Hello House. I really appreciate the wealth of information here. Just a few clarifications before I go ahead with EOI.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
@spiritualgal

Do you mind sending the PTE materials to me please?
Jonathan@datasiem.co.uk....thanks

Spiritualgal:
@ Bellong, Tnx for your response. I 'll run with the PTE study materials posted here. Really appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
@Yinyinola,

First be bothered about your skill assessment, once that is done with you can fill your EOI. While filling the EOI, you can add 190 as an option to 189.

To be ahead in points, try and score at least 8point in each band to give you 20points, this will put you ahead.

Spiritualgal, you are welcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Femeto: 10:20am On Jun 14, 2016
Femeto:
Is the PTE A exam now #45,000.Can anyone confirm? Still asked last week and I was told #38,000
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinyinola: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2016
Thank you very much.

bellong:
@Yinyinola,

First be bothered about your skill assessment, once that is done with you can fill your EOI. While filling the EOI, you can add 190 as an option to 189.

To be ahead in points, try and score at least 8point in each band to give you 20points, this will put you ahead.

Spiritualgal, you are welcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinyinola: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2016
Thanks Spiritualgal. would be good to keep in touch. all the best in your English exams.

Spiritualgal:
@ yinyinola, The gurus will soon come n ansa you.

i'm also an accounting graduate and ACCA qualified. I'm still studying for the English exam and intend applying under 189. We can work in tandem as we r in d field. As per ur question on the assessing body, I really don't know which is the fastest in d 3 but I intend using CPA.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hello House,

Please I need some advice.

BSc Chemical Engineering
MSc Engineering Business Management
PMP certified
3 years+ working as a Project Controls Engineer (one year as a trainee)

I want to ask if I am qualified to apply under Engineering Manager category or I should apply under Professional Engineer category.

The thing is I have no work experience as a Chemical Engineer but a lot of the stuff I do at work falls under the Engineering Manager category.

I would appreciate your advice. Thanx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinyinola: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
@ oga bellong. I tried to send a reply to your pm but it is not going...problems with my yahoomail or probably am not able to navigate nairaland well. the info on accpounting is for my sis who doesnt have a nairaland acc & is not able to join the forum due to her schedule, na she send me....hope no problems with that. you can contact me if u require further clarifications. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Spiritualgal: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
@sunvick, use the link below. I got it from this thread and that's what I'm using.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/13non7lhdwefotp/AADfiVvjkea7xaz42rFRiaSta?dl=0

sunvick:
@spiritualgal

Do you mind sending the PTE materials to me please?
Jonathan@datasiem.co.uk....thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
@Yinyinola,

You replied from your Gmail account. You can send the reply via same.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
@Funkyjo,

If your experience is in Engineering manager, assess as an engineering manager. If EA thinks otherwise, you will be given a recommendation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
@bellong

Thank you very much for your response. Are you saying if I apply to be assessed under Engineering Manager and EA thinks otherwise, they could recommend another category say Professional Engineer or Technologist? Would I have to pay another fee to be re-assessed or how does it work pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
^^^^^^ Yes, EA does give recommendation but what I can't answer is if you have to pay another fee.

However, I know there is a discount for subsequent assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
@bellong

Thank you, really appreciate it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
funkyjo:
@bellong

Thank you, really appreciate it.

You are welcome
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2016
funkyjo:
Hello House,

Please I need some advice.

BSc Chemical Engineering
MSc Engineering Business Management
PMP certified
3 years+ working as a Project Controls Engineer (one year as a trainee)

I want to ask if I am qualified to apply under Engineering Manager category or I should apply under Professional Engineer category.

The thing is I have no work experience as a Chemical Engineer but a lot of the stuff I do at work falls under the Engineering Manager category.

I would appreciate your advice. Thanx

If you don't require the points for work experience then I suggest you stick to professionally engineer as it is straight forward and without any drama. It doesnt matter if you havent got work experience as a chemical engineer. U can use SIWES, plant design and final year project for your CDR. You can even use assignments in courses or second year SWEP programme if your school does it. What is important is your communication of what you did, why you did it and how u did it in the personal engineering activity section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
@malkinburg

Thanks for your contribution. The thing is I need the work experience to get the minimum of 60 points, without it I would have 55 points as my clb is 7.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oga Belong, God bless you for this thread.
I am a medical doctor trained in Nigeria.
I will like to apply for General Medical practitioner occupation.
I will like a step by step guide of the process regarding practicing in Australia.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
lizybos:
Oga Belong, God bless you for this thread.
I am a medical doctor trained in Nigeria.
I will like to apply for General Medical practitioner occupation.
I will like a step by step guide of the process regarding practicing in Australia.
Thanks

How long have you been practising?

The process is long but very profitable for medical practitioners. You need to pass the medical examination set by the medical board. The exam is in two stages. I think South Africa and Egypt are the only centres you can write it in Africa.

Meanwhile, there is a possible pathway for medical practitioners for those with at least three years of experience.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
@ spiritualgal

Thanks alot, i really do appreciate.

Spiritualgal:

@sunvick, use the link below. I got it from this thread and that's what I'm using.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/13non7lhdwefotp/AADfiVvjkea7xaz42rFRiaSta?dl=0

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 11:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
bellong:

How long have you been practising?

The process is long but very profitable for medical practitioners. You need to pass the medical examination set by the medical board. The exam is in two stages. I think South Africa and Egypt are the only centres you can write it in Africa.

Meanwhile, there is a possible pathway for medical practitioners for those with at least three years of experience.

I read through the AMC website but could not find any exam centre in Africa.
I am interested in the pathway.
I have being in practice for about 7 years and I am between 33- 39 yes of age.
Please kindly help me with the info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.