Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206621 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OJaySeenson: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2017
bros, this field na very specific sontin...you go gats get patience until your kinsmen enter d place...but apart from that, baba na to enter zones and find something worthwhile to do that you can be proud of...as long as you are working 40 hours a week here, you are doing very well for yourself and much better than you probably were in naija...pls emphasis on probably o...we did not come here to offend anyborry...

lakola:

!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2017
OJaySeenson:
bros, this field na very specific sontin...you go gats get patience until your kinsmen enter d place...but apart from that, baba na to enter zones and find something worthwhile to do that you can be proud of...as long as you are working 40 hours a week here, you are doing very well for yourself and much better than you probably were in naija...pls emphasis on probably o...we did not come here to offend anyborry...

Thanks brother!!! Really appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zenanted(m): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Oops! So it's not just me embarassed #greatanticipation
I suggest we the anticipants should link up in other to review our preparations, documents and so on for the said date maybe via (whatsapp group)... My opinion though
#greatanticipation

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello All,
Sorry if this has been asked before: Approximately how long did it take people who used ACS to get their assessment? I refuse to believe the 12 weeks they put on their website as it is so discouraging!!
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZoeW:
Hello All,
Sorry if this has been asked before: Approximately how long did it take people who used ACS to get their assessment? I refuse to believe the 12 weeks they put on their website as it is so discouraging!!
Thanks

1 to 5 weeks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akereconfi: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZoeW:
Hello All,
Thanks

Mine was 10 days in total. Was surprised because say approximately 12 weeks / 3 months
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mine was six and half days

ZoeW:
Hello All,
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZoeW:
Hello All,
Thanks

Azy123:
Mine was six and half days
akereconfi:
Mine was 10 days in total. Was surprised because say approximately 12 weeks / 3 months
Alphadoor:
1 to 5 weeks

Thanks guys for the response. I'm a little relieved.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugsams(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
mctowel01:

I ve gotten the Direct grant on the 31st May.

Congratulations on your grant bro you guys are enough motivation for me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gbengaolu360: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello House, I came across Area of specialization (Electrical Design Engineer, Railway Signalling Engineer and Signalling and Communications Engineer) when filling my options on MSA for assessment with Australia Engineers. I did not choose any option. Any implication ??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
gbengaolu360:
. Any implication ??
Whether you select or not, they will still give you whatever THEY think you are a professional at.... So, no. No implication
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gbengaolu360: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
ok. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
sunvick:
Mr. "oya bring spoon..........oya take pap....oya go and sleep"
shocked cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello guys,

I really commend you all for the brilliant work that you’re doing on here. Big shootouts to Chuckdee13, Johnsontade, scrollmeout, NNBB2012, Manmeta, jukeblam, Ifexsco, sunvick, bellong, Bnimz, mamajaz, OzyMigrant and Cottyekundayo to mention a few. I’m still on page 107, hopefully I will gain more grounds. I think I have a peculiar case here.

My profile:
English Test: 20 points (potentially)
Occupation: ?? EA – Engineering Technologist/Industrial Engineer/others
OR
ACS – Computer and Systems Engineer/others

Academic qualification: 1yr diploma + 4yr Direct Entry - I studied Systems Engineering in Nigeria.
(For more info: http://www.jobhero.com/systems-engineer-job-description/)

My field is a hybrid program combining topics from the classical Engineering programmes of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering as well as Computer Science.

Some courses in my transcript are:
Control of Robots and Human Arms
Mechanics of Robotics Systems
Image Processing
Principles of Modeling and Simulation
Engineering System Analysis
Automated Reasoning
Engineering Economics
Control Theory
Artificial Intelligence
Systems Simulation
Systems Reliability and Maintainability
Manufacturing Systems Automation
Computer Graphics
Algorithms and Data Structure
Systems Programming
Techniques of Planning and Scheduling
Numerical Methods
Stochastic Models
Operational Methods
Rigid Body Dynamics

Experience: 4+ years as a Systems/Technical Support Engineer in a Security Technology firm
Certs: CCNP – equivalent to ICT major at the AQF Diploma level, and PMP

PS. Academic based career episodes may include simulation of production in a factory using GPSS, a games theory project, graphics simulation of a traffic system, Systems Configuration for GSM Based Real-Time Remote Instrumentation of a Data Centre - final year project.

I humbly seek advice from everyone regarding which occupation is suitable to nominate.

Thank you.

Modified
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
bro catchwind, Retto, Jamson, Bnimz, Mctowel01 etc, please put mouth. Retto please, tryan repackage oh. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
congrats @mctowel01

@mamjazz, na your own testimony I dey wait

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Jamson, Bnimz, and Mctowel01 would do justice.
I'm sure it'd fly in their fields or related.

mamajaz:
please put mouth.
l.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 1:05am On Jun 06, 2017
Waoww, quit a lovely background. In mine opinion, I think it will be better you go the ACS way, your work experience is quite suitable for Computer and Systems Engineer. The fact is Engineering Technologist is like a general bus where EA push most people into and the competition in the coming financial year for Engineering Technologist will be on the high side. I personally know a few people who are waiting for the clock to reset. Remember, most assessing body love to see you work in your relevant studies and in your case, I think you stand a better chance to be assessed as a Computer and Systems Engineer. Other gurus in the house might have a different opinion.

Bamz:
Hello guys,

I really commend you all for the brilliant work that you’re doing on here. Big shootouts to Chuckdee13, Johnsontade, scrollmeout, NNBB2012, Manmeta, jukeblam, Ifexsco, sunvick, bellong, Bnimz, mamajaz, OzyMigrant and Cottyekundayo to mention a few. I’m still on page 107, hopefully I will gain more grounds. I think I have a peculiar case here.

My profile:
OR

Academic qualification: 1yr diploma + 4yr Direct Entry - I studied Systems Engineering in Nigeria.

My field is a hybrid program combining topics from the classical Engineering programmes of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering as well as Computer Science.

Control of Robots and Human Arms
Mechanics of Robotics Systems
Image Processing
Principles of Modeling and Simulation
Engineering System Analysis
Automated Reasoning
Engineering Economics
Control Theory
Artificial Intelligence
Systems Simulation
Systems Reliability and Maintainability
Manufacturing Systems Automation
Computer Graphics
Systems Programming
Techniques of Planning and Scheduling
Numerical Methods
Stochastic Models
Operational Methods
Rigid Body Dynamics

Experience: 4+ years as a Systems/Technical Support Engineer in a Security Technology firm

PS. Academic based career episodes may include simulation of production in a factory using GPSS, a games theory project, graphics simulation of a traffic system, Systems Configuration for GSM Based Real-Time Remote Instrumentation of a Data Centre - final year project.

I humbly seek advice from everyone regarding which occupation is suitable to nominate.

Thank you.

Modified
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by EngrEngr: 2:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Guys, Can Someone Fill in an EOI while expecting his outcome grant from an assessing body?

Can it be seen as a red flag?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 6:24am On Jun 06, 2017
In case there is anyone that wants to pay for assessment or visa fees, you MAY contact me. You MAY ask @nkechima about her experience regarding her payment.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2017
majiouk2002:
In case there is anyone that wants to pay for assessment or visa fees, you MAY contact me. You MAY ask @nkechima about her experience regarding her payment.

Pls I have sent you a pm with regards to this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 6:57am On Jun 06, 2017
OJaySeenson:
yeah I do mean ITA...as for info...well, let see...

476 granted may 5 2016
enter oz november 11 2017
IELTS 8.5, pearson 90+ in all four sections
EA assessment submitted 2nd april 2017
professional engineer assessment 23rd may 2017
EOI (65 points) submitted 23rd may 2017
ITA June 7 (as baba God wills)...

Please did you fastrak your EA assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by leon12(m): 8:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Please house, I've few questions to ask.

I'm a Civil Engineer but did my schooling here in Nigeria, that automatically ruled me out to get assessed by EA, my two chances of getting a visa is through PROJECT BUILDER and CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER. The good thing is am into building construction, going to be assessed by VETASS, their requirements doesn't include any English proficiency test, it's tricky in a way when you consider point to gained.

AGE= 30 points.
DEGREE=15 points.
EXPERIENCE= 5 points.(that if the assessment go well)
Total of 50.
Is the IELTS test a general prerequisite in the assessment and visa application, also an avenue to increase your chances of getting more points.
Thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omoyemela: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Dear house, I am new here. Please I need help. I Am 35 I have a BSc in theatre arts with over 8years of work experience in banking. Do I have any chances of getting Pr? Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Bamz:
Hello guys,

My profile:
OR

Computer Graphics
Systems Programming

Thank you.

Modified

Hello Bamz,
Based on your listed core subjects, you degree is far from ACS requirement for 263111, its most likely you will get -ve result, trust me , I've been there.

but there is an opportunity here with your CCNP which easily gives you AQF Advance Diploma, you require 5 yrs+ or 6yrs + of experience for +ve result. (@azy123 can corroborate this, he has been there).

what year did u graduate (date on your certificate)?, you are allowed to add your NYSC 1 years to your experience.
also 1naira50kobo earlier mentioned he was able to use experience he had while studying. i believe if u can build around this, you can make up the required years

I must also mention that, you equally stand a good chance with Engineers Australia

resources
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-2014.pdf
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/128035/ANZSCO-Code-Information-2017.pdf
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omoyemela: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Dear house, I am new here Welldone with the good work. I am 35, with a BSc in theatre arts and 8years banking work experience. Please with my profile do I have any chance of getting a Pr? Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 8:21am On Jun 06, 2017
leon12:

I'm a Civil Engineer but did my schooling here in Nigeria, that automatically ruled me out to get assessed by EA, my two chances of getting a visa is through PROJECT BUILDER and CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER. The good thing is am into building construction, going to be assessed by VETASS, their requirements doesn't include any English proficiency test, it's tricky in a way when you consider point to gained.

AGE= 30 points.
DEGREE=15 points.
Total of 50.
Is the IELTS test a general prerequisite in the assessment and visa application, also an avenue to increase your chances of getting more points.
Thank you all.
First who told you that your B.sc from.Nigeria rules you out of EA assessment? My b.sc was from Nigeria and I didn't have an issue with EA assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 8:53am On Jun 06, 2017
einsteino:

Pls I have sent you a pm with regards to this.

I have sent my contact to you to add me on whatsapp
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2017
OlalekanKad,

Thank you so much for your response.

I got this extracts from the ACS guideline.

Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major
A. If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years or 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.

B. If your degree is assessed as having an[b] ICT major which is NOT closely related[/b] to your nominated occupation, you will require 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history to meet the suitability criteria.

Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Minor

C. If your degree is assessed as having an ICT minor which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experience completed in the past 10 years or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.

D. [i]If your degree is assessed as having an ICT minor which is NOT closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history to meet the suitability criteria.

Diploma and Vendor Certification
E. If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require [b]5 years relevant work experience [/b]completed within the past 10 years or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.
----------------------------------------

I can't categorically say if my course is an ICT major honestly.
I read somewhere that:
A Bachelor degree must have:

• 33% ICT content for a 3 year course

• 25% ICT content for a 4 year course

• 20% ICT content for a 5 year course

The ICT content must progress through all years of the program with the final year being at an advanced

ICT Minor Criteria:
A Bachelor or higher qualification is assessed as a Minor when the ICT content is at least two thirds of the requirements for a major.
Looking at the ANZSCO courses for Computer and Systems Engineering:

Description of Closely Related Core ICT Units:
• Computer Communication
• Computer Network Design
• Computer Network management
• Computer Network programming
• Computer Network protocols
• Data communications - (WAN, LAN)
• Distributed Computing
• Mobile technologies
• Operating systems - (Unix, Linux, Xenix, Network OS)
• Systems Software
• Wireless technologies - (Wireless Communication, Microwave Communication)
Description of Additional Closely Related ICT Units:
• Assembler Languages - (Assembler Programming)
• Client / Server related hardware and software
• Client / Server Architecture
• Communications Engineering
• Computer Logic Design
• Computer organization
• Digital and signal processing
• Digital circuits - (VLSI Design, Integrated Circuit Design)
• Digital technology
• Introduction to ICT - (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
• Microprocessors
• Microwave technology
• Network Component technologies
• Network security
• Optical communication technology
• Peripherals and Interfacing
• Project Management
• Satellite communications

-------------------------------------

Doing a personal analysis, I think I would be categorised as an ICT minor course considering my courses:

Introductory Computer Science (Diploma/Yr 1)

Engineering Statistics and Computer System (Year 2 )
Introduction to Computer Engineering (year 2)
Engineering Computer graphics (Year 2)
Signals and Systems (Year 2)

Algs and Data Structure (Year 3)
Programming Languages (Year 3)

Systems Programming (Year 4)
Circuit and System (Year 4)

Computer Graphics (Year 5)
Automated Reasoning (Year 5)
AI (Year 5)***
Law and Management (Year 5)***

So it seems like the Diploma and Vendor Certification AND/OR Closely Related ICT Minor route seems best to assess my educational qualification in the hope that my years of experience is NOT discounted.

I just needed opinion before making decision on whether to opt for EA or ACS. As per work experience, I feel I can adapt to to either EA or ACS.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot Alphadoor,

what year did u graduate (date on your certificate)? - 2011

you are allowed to add your NYSC 1 years to your experience - I will be having 5 years 8 months

1naira50kobo earlier mentioned he was able to use experience he had while studying - My IT was a IT support position so I guess that counts then

I also read that
Work experience can only be assessed according to the information provided in the employment reference. If these requirements are NOT met or are unclear in the employment reference, the employment episode will be assessed as not suitable.
That should be no problem.

But this will be a qualification episode, will the employment reference template be used for that as well?

All skills assessment fees will include a total of 8 assessment episodes per application. An assessment episode can be either qualification or employment documentation. For example, you can submit 3 qualifications and 5 employment episodes or 8 employment episodes in total or any combination of qualifications and employment episodes numbering 8 assessment episodes per application.

Does it mean a minimum of 8 episodes?
My understanding is that each company where I've worked will determine my number of episodes.
E.G Internship - 1 episode (qualification)
Post School - 2 episodes (Skill based)

I must also mention that, you equally stand a good chance with Engineers Australia
- I couldn't agree more, I just need advice on which to nominate, so I can start prepping for the English test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2017
leon12:

AGE= 30 points.
DEGREE=15 points.
Total of 50.
Thank you all.
Your Civil Engineering Degree can be assessed by EA whether from Naija Uni or anywhere. English test is mandatory for PR and can add 10 or 20 points to your total points. For EA you require IELTS before assessment. However, if you desire to ply VETASSESS route, English test is not needed before assessment, also consider a caveat on your experience when assessing with VETASSESS especially when nominating a managerial position. In my opinion, considering the number years you are claiming for work experience, EA will do you more good than VETASSESS.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2017
OJaySeenson:

My guy, just free it and hope for the best/quickest outcome as long as you have done what you need to do. These EA people sha...I just dey look dem say these people no well...me wey i struggle use my savings do masters abroad...read day and night write my coursework get better mark...one 'assessor' now sends me message that there is evidence of plagiarism in the coursework i used for CDR...after paying for fast track and waiting a thousand years still o...I just gave them the email for my course adviser in the uni and told them to confirm for themselves, and a week later, they released the CDR with positive assesment. sometimes, you just have to leae it for god and be patient with these people...even the times I tried calling, dem go just dey follo person talk like saw I enter boat come dia country illegally...
Congratulations bro,
I'm sending you a PM as regards the EA submission of documents, kindly respond.
Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2017
Kamal474:
Hello everyone, yesterday I was asked by EA to resubmit scanned copies of my MS degree and transcript as they were not clear, there was also a confusion in one of my reference letter where they asked me that I had missed two years in the letters, but Everything was there in the reference letter but they missed it, I resent the MS degree and transcript, also clarified the reference letter. I am wondering that these observations are taken after they have read my episodes or before reading them, my guess is that after reading my complete CDR these two would have been the observations, what do u say? Expecting positive result by Monday

Hope u get your desired result. Pls kindly explain how you submitted scanned copy of your transcript.
I have some questions regarding steps you've already taken. Kindly reply my pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.